All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd. Kukulcan Km 8.5Manzana 50, Lote 5, Zona Hotelera, CancunQROO77500Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Decent vibe
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Beautiful ocean view from our room balcony"
Riu hotels always have excellent service and employees are amazingly friendly and helpful! Our ocean view from our room took my breath away every day, just beautiful. I didn't like that we couldn't use Riu palace facilities. On previous vacation to Riu we were able to.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Rose
"Nice location. Bad costumer service"
We requested laundry service but our clothes was never pick up the next day i called the reception to ask what they didnt clean the clothes and they said somebody will pick up the bag in a few minutes and we still waiting.... No room service. One night one of my friends was sick in the bedroom, we ask in the restaurant if we could bring food for her and the answer was NO! No body is allow to take food out of the restaurant...
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Lina
"great service, great food and nice swimming pool"
everything was great specially service and food. My only problem was with HOTELS.COM I paid for 2 adults and 1 kid, but when I get to the hotel they only have the reservation for 1 adult and 1 kid, so I had to paid 400 dollars more for the extra person.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Ricardo
"Hotel beach front... nice view ever.. love it.."
I love RIU hotels.. At least it's suit with my family.. food, entertainment, fun and activities at the pool.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Smell"
Our room was in front of the swim up bar and there was always a musty smell and the air conditioner didn't seem to work well. The rooms were always very clean. Our Friends stayed in the building that was 14 floors and they did not have the smell like our room had.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Paula
"Party Hotel"
This hotel was located within walking distance to all the night clubs. But the party started in the pool bar during the afternoon which could get very loud and spring break like. On the plus side the staff was very friendly and they were alway cleaning. The food was also very good we ate at the buffet and all the speciality restaurants and we could alway find something for everyone. If you are looking to party and play in the pool all day this is the hotel for you. But if you are looking to relax and take long walks on the beach this is not the hotel for you. The location of the hotel is not on the pristine part of the beach in Cancun and there are many obstacle when walking on the beach. The beach area is very small and there are also rocks in the water.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Conveniently located resort"
Overall, we had a good stay. Check in was fast. Our rooms were spacious and clean. We had a great view of the ocean. The food was REALLY GOOD! We never even bother to make reservations for their restaurants. We don't like being on a schedule, so we always ate at the buffet which had a great variety of food with excellent taste. The beach was nice and clean. If you like going into the ocean, you just have to find a spot without rocks, or otherwise, you can end up cutting your feet. Here are some cons that wouldn't stop me from going back, but I think I would have liked to know them before booking our trip: Pools are small and there's a shortage of beds and umbrellas by the pool. We were a family of 5, so maybe that's why we had a hard time finding good lounges by the pool. My husband had to wake up at 7am to save us some good ones. If you get there at 8am, 90% of the beds are already taken. The ocean is beautiful, but I've stayed at other resorts in Cancun were the water so crystal clear, that you can see your feet when the ocean is up to your waist. Also, there were some days when it was hard to find a waiter to bring you drinks by the pool. At the Riu in Cabo, there were always waiters bringing you drinks. Here, sometimes we had to go to the bar to get ours. Elevators were horrible. One of our friends got stuck in one of them. They would take for ever. Fortunately, we were on the 6th floor, so we could use the stairs.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
Gabs
"Riu Cancun June 19-23"
Great hotel and location. Something for everyone. Not necessarily for young children, but not an issue for us as our party was all adults. Highly recommend, especially for young adults.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"beautiful modern decor hotel"
We had our first room on third floor overlooking the main pool and beach. The room was very nice! However, we discovered that the proximity to the pool and main outdoor theater proved to be very noisy both in the afternoon and evening! We stayed in this room two nights and we went to the 14th floor at a beautiful corner room that overlooked the ocean and the resort! The staff at the front desk upgraded us to this wonderful room for a nominal fee and the rest of our vacation was fabulous.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"GREAT Hotel in the Heart of Cancun"
The hotel itself is amazing! The food, the drinks, the rooms, the staff. Did not find anything wrong with the place. And the proximity of the hotel to Coco Bongo and all the other clubs is the best part. You don't need to get a taxi to go to the ONLY happening area in Cancun for nightlife as it's just a 5 minute walk from Riu Cancun. My wife's favorite part was the pool swim-up bar. We spent many hours in that pool. Those bartenders were working really hard while making soooooo many drinks for so many people. The beach itself is very nice. A few rocks here and there but no seaweed!!! After being in Playa Del Carmen and seeing how much seaweed was there, it was nice to see a clean beach.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Gabriel
"Modern and newly renovated hotel"
This hotel was pretty close to excellent. The food was overall very good and the hotel staff was extremely friendly.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Karina
"May 1-8th Amazing Vacation"
I researched like crazy for this vacation, read all the reviews of many hotels looked at tons of pictures! Hotel Riu Cancun was amazing choice, so glad we stayed here & will be back! Food: didn't eat at any of the specialty resturants, the buffet had more than enough options. The selection was amazing, the taste was good/ok. After many trips to Mexico I have come to the conclusion the food just tastes different. The meat tastes different, & things that are supposed to be creamy are kind of watery (yogurt, chocolate, cream sauces, ketchup etc.) Beach: as some have said yes the beach is on the smaller side but it is beautiful & clean. I walked/ran the beach in both directions and had plenty of room & distance to go. The seaweed is picked up every morning so its always beautiful white sand! The sun: In some areas pool gets shaded by the hotel but for the most part you have sun all day everywhere! Staff: Riu Fun group is AMAZING! All of the staff at this hotel is amazing, not one complaint. There is always something to do, there is always staff cleaning & around to help. I can't say enough about how great they are! Also remember to tip carry $1's and tip them Room: Cleaned & restocked everyday, nice rooms. Shower was cold every time never let front desk know so don't really have room to complain! Don't miss the nights shows, absolutley amazing talent! If you want peace & quiet, this may not be the hotel for as there is always something going on!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Nichol
"Beautiful ocean front view from balcony!"
Enjoyed the hotel and how clean it was. Staff was amazing and so friendly!
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Tina
"Repeat RIU Guest"
This is our third time visiting the facility. We were excited because of the renovations but we ended up disappointed based on previous visits. The service seems to have declined. Most of the time you had to get your own drinks during meals or wait several minutes for someone to assist. Additionally they did not seem to be properly staffed for the amount of people. The other area that was not as good was the quality of the food. Breakfast was fine but for lunch and dinner there were not as many options and the buffet had a lot of repeated items for lunch and dinner and from one day to the next. My husband and I ended up eating out for lunch and dinner several days during our vacations which we should be able to enjoy all at the resort based on the all inclusive. Finally we paid an aditional amount per night for a jr suite ocean view and the room was not similar to the pictures displayed on the website. We would have preferred not to pay extra per day for a normal ocean view room. The room we got was definitely not worth the extra money. Please improve these areas as we want to continue to return to this facility.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Pandas
"Beautiful hotel"
The resort was very nice and so beautiful. I will stay here again!
Other trip May 31, 2015
Good experience but they need to imoroved more, boring at night and staff need to be more nice
Other trip May 25, 2015
Rooms need to be updated. There isn't any room service available, there is no iPod docks or clocks in the rooms. The bathroom should have toiletries.
Other trip May 23, 2015
tanya
Our trip was 7 nights. & are very pleased with the hotel appearance, hotel was clean, staff was very nice, the daily activities were great. The resort needs to work on better nightlife. I There is only one night club that plays pretty good music but it's small. The food was excellent (breakfast, lunch & dinner) buffets. One thing I wasn't very pleased was the fact that you needed to make reservations 2 days in advance to get a restaurant reservation. The resort has three you can pick from 1) Italian 2) steakhouse 3) Japanese Our overall experience was great & we would stay here again.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Good location n very clean hotel"
Hotel was very nice and clean, staff very friendly, activities were good, entertainment too was good and fun. I would improve the 24 hour food service area (sport bar) or change it. The dinner restaurant reservation system could be improved. I Didn't care for waiting online for dinner reservations daily. But over all a place that I would recommend friends n family bc of location of shops/clubs/beach location.
Other trip May 17, 2015
J.Vito
"Lively!"
This was our second stay at the Riu Cancun, we loved it before the remodel and we love it now. The location is perfect and the buffet is top notch.
Other trip May 12, 2015
rfamilyrox
"Excellent staff"
Beautiful place. Loved the staff and entertainment.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Rizz
"Great hotel close to everything"
We have been to cancun 11 times and stayed at a different resort each time. Riu cancun has the best buffet food and selection by far. The resort is in a great location. You can walk everywhere from a new grocery store across the street to shopping to the night clubs. All the staff were super friendly and resort was spotless. The entertainment staff were great and fun shows every night. I would highly recommend this resort
Other trip May 5, 2015
steve
"Nice Hotel, Nice Staff"
Beach was a little rocky in front of the hotel but overall a very nice place to stay. Buffet style food that was overall good.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Amazing Hotel at a GREAT Location"
I recently visited the Riu Cancun for a trip with my boyfriend and boy were we impressed! We stayed in the Junior Suite which is beautiful! Our favorite part of the room was the large balcony which overlooked the ocean and all of the pool area making it a great spot for pictures and to relax if we didn't feel like leaving the room. The hotel is only a short 5 minute walk from all of the nightlife and many other hotels which was convenient for us. The hotel staff was amazing!!! They answered all of our questions, they had wonderful personalities, and they kept the excitement alive for all of the individuals staying there. I would highly recommend this hotel in the future!! Best vacation thus far!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Destiny
"Beautiful hotel by beach"
Such a great experience. The beach is literally right outside the hotel. I went for my friends birthday and without even telling them, the hotel staff came while we were out and decorated the room with balloons and stuff for the bday girl. So sweet and very thoughtful. Everyone was so nice and the hotel was always so clean. Such a great hotel to stay at. Riu cancun will be a hotel I visit again.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Deanna
"The Stay"
Great Hotel, young crowd. staff was great. I was just a little unsatisfied with the room. I had no clock, WiFi didn't work at all, no room service available. Phone Numbers were not available. You had to read all paper work to get info you needed. Map given was not that helpful. Other then that it was a busy fun place.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Teresa
"Great hotel spectacular location"
This hotel is just a 5 minute walk away from the party scene (coco bongo, senor frogs etc) I recommend this hotel for ppl who are looking for a fun energetic hotel experience. The hotel has a show every night and many day activities.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
maria
"Hotel is very nice, steps away from the beach."
Rooms are clean. Food is excellent. Staff are all nice. I can not say anything bad about the hotel and the service.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Riu resorts are the best!!!"
DONT believe ANY bad review!!! This was our 3rd time to cancun but first time at the riu cancun hotel the other 2 times we stayed at the riu caribe and loved it there but decided to try out a different hotel but were leery because we loved it and didn't want to be disappointed by staying at a new hotel!! And we were not disappointed!!!! The hotel was beautiful, newly remodeled, great beach and awesome people and workers!!!!! We tipped our beech waiter and never had to get off the beech to get drinks so order 2 to 3 at a time and you'll be very happy in no time lol!!! So friendly!!! Food was good but if your expecting 5 star food you better lower your expectations or not choose a all inclusive resort the food was good and liked it!! Entertainment was always good and snorkeling on their beech was great saw so many fish a crab and a sting ray!!! Stay at this or any Riu hotel and you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Jeremy
"Beautiful scenery and exciting activities"
Buffet eating needs a little help. Food mediocre. Kind of sucks you can't eat anytime or anything you want. all tile flooring in rooms not great, especially if you have an infant. Showers are awesome. Great action most of the day. great location to bars and clubs. Ok Service overall but nothing to write home about.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
ange
"Loved being close to ocean ."
Could have catered more to shoppers with shuttle in for. Disliked birds flying in eating area. Staff mostly non English speaking but very friendly.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
mike
"Very modern hotel"
let me start by saying that u get your money's worth when coming to this hotel. Drinks= Ok.. watered-down.. I also noticed that they use cheap liquor... you won't see any branded bottles.. Food= Alot to choose from, but after three days on breakfast lunch and dinner buffet, you start to notice that they serve almost the same thing.. Room= Beautiful view and service is excellent...
Rene
"Nice Hotel But Not a FAN of the new décor."
My husband and I have been to RIU Cancun 4 years in a row. We came back this year because we were excited to see the NEW décor and hoped it would be an improvement over what we thought was a GREAT place to stay. NOT SO MUCH... We don't like the new Modern décor. Clean for sure but all the glass just feels cold and not as homey as before. The staff was Wonderful and we found that Marlene, Hernandez and Renee, J Carlos took GREAT care of us, in the dining rooms and bars. That's why we just don't understand why the towel guy is so rude, and why he has to be that way.
Gina
Great location. Walking distance to clubs and restaurants. The rooms were okay and I would have liked more food options and more waiters walking around instead of having to go get my own drinks!
beajoe
Only issue was "king" bed was two doubles pushed together.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"The staff was much better in 2007"
The hotel staff and entertainment team was much better in 2007 and 2008. We tried to make a reservation for the steak house @ the Riu Cancun where we stay this last time. The girl (Page) was in charge at that time and she said that everything was booked from Tuesday to Saturday and she couldn't put us on the reservation list just for us to experiment the food. My husband and I were not trying to "experiment" since this was our 3rd time going there. Not happy how she treated us. Room was clean, the buffet food was ok. Most definitely not going back to Riu Cancun!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Jaky
"Great Value for everything included."
Hotel is very clean and everyone is so polite and attentive to all your needs.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
R&E
"Not a good family vacation spot"
Not a kid friendly resort. I was scared to take my children to the main pool because of too many drunk high school kids. The chairs and pool areas were very crowded. When we checked in we were told all 3 of the restaurants were book for our whole stay so we had to eat at the buffet for every meal. The food was good but the buffet style got old fast.
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"spring break"
Beautiful, clean hotel. Staff was great! Food was a little different at first but there was a wide variety to choose from for even the pickiest eaters. We were there with High School spring breakers and I thought that there should be a club open for them in the evening regardless of their age.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Great service, great staff, clean, nice beach."
Everything was really nice, good food, although there was problems with the power for a couple days. One of those days we had to get up at 6am and there was no light to get ready to go on a tour. But other than that it was great. The Hotel did send letters of apology and fruit for the inconvenience.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Nina
Amazing balcony view. Friendly staff. Beautiful hotel. Just make sure to book your dinner reservations as soon as you check in (you needed to rsvp two days in advance for the nicer restaurants in the hotel)
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Good Stay"
Nice hotel infront of the beach, it was recently renovated. The food was OK, the hotel staff we´re great. Nice ocean view room with a balcony. Not a great hotel but you get your money´s worth.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
JP
"Spring 2015"
Very nice and clean . Food ok can find something as so mixh to choose from. Staff very nice and pleasant beach and pools awesome. Wish more entertainment at night not much to do after dinner unlesss fo off to a club in cancun . Overall very nice place to stay
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
walt
The hotel is definitely much nicer in the pictures. The guest rooms are very plain and boring. The beds are very uncomfortable and small. The bottled waters inside the minibar were used and never replaced with sealed ones. The towels were not clean. The food is mediocre. They have 4 restaurants of which you must make reservations 2 days ahead of time. So the first 2 days your only option is the buffet. And the alcohol is basic house alcohol. Will not be returning again. The only nice part of the hotel is the beach and the view.
"Good!"
Good all inclusive hotel! Recently renovated it was very clean form the main areas to the rooms. The wifi was free in the main areas of the hotel only, but very fast. Rooms were comfortable and well stocked with drinks. Waiters and bartenders were very attentive. Location is right on the beach, a few blocks from all the bars/clubs. Plenty of activities throughout the resort. Food was good! My only complaints were regarding the food though- there are only 3 "specialty" restaurants and you have to reserve 2 days in advance. We were only there for 3 nights, so there was only one restaurant with availability. During off peak times, there are very limited options (miss lunch after 4:00 there is basically nothing until the next restaurant opens at 6:30). No room service options, and after 12:00 am there is nothing but some left over refrigerated hamburgers from earlier in the day and nachos with the worst fake cheese I have ever had. The only other thing was checkout was a hassle with a line and they required you to turn in all towel and room keys or they charged you (who keeps plastic room keys, many of us had left them in the room?).
3 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Jay
"Not a 5 star service"
Reasonable hotel with everything you would need, however I had the feeling that it was not me on holidays, but the holt employees. You get this feeling that they have your money already as it is all inclusive and have no motivation to do anything for you. Might be the Mexican culture but this attitude is simply disappointing. They just don't care.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Alex
"Great Hotel with amazing view."
Absolutely amazing hotel and I would recommend it to everyone. Had a great time on the beach and in the pool with the swim-up bar. The staff was very curious and the food was amazing. Great location with a short walk to the clubs and restaurants. Great view from our ocean view room. Great Hotel chain and the all inclusive aspect was great. We jumped between all three hotels on the island and were able to enjoy all the amenities of each establishment. We would gladly stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Matthew
"Nice hotel, near to the beach"
Overall everything was good comfortab food vas excellent
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
We had a wonderful time at Riu Cancun. We would stay there again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
We loved our stay at this hotel, from the food, which always seemed fresh, to the service, entertainment, and accommodations. Would come back anytime!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015