All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereBlvd. Kukulcan Km 8.5, Manzana 50, Lote 5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great choice for Cancun"
We've stayed here several times. It's been consistently great! Location is great, food is good, beach is nice. We highly recommend and when we go back to Cancun this is where we'll stay!
"Great location, Great Staff"
Just went back for the second year in a row. Hotel has been remodeled. Looks good. Some things better some not so much. Great staff at this hotel. Always helpful with all your needs. Nice beach, good pools, food is OK. Had a great stay. Very comfortable rooms and beds. Will go back for sure.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Andy
"Great All-Inclusive"
Very close to the beach with great, extremely attentive staff. Number one choice in Cancun and in the heart of the hotel zone.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Very nice all-inclusive"
We went with several other couples for an adult-only vacation. The hotel was beautiful and very well-maintained. Beautiful pools! Staff were friendly and always available. The food was great and we were very pleased with the restaurants and buffet. Only suggestions would be better (more upbeat) music by the swim up bar and higher quality tequila. Overall, we had a great time!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Leann
"OK"
Humid room - so humid the floors stayed wet -- Water in the shower smelled terrible -- Needed more activities
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"My stay was wonderful and I enjoyed the staff!"
I had such a wonderful time and I look forward to coming again next year!! The food was good and the drinks were too!! I did lose my cell phone, and all of my info in it but that didn't stop me from having a great time!! I would go back in a heart beat! Maybe 2 weeks next time!! Looking forward to the next trip!!
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Joe Mr. Desiel
I had a wonderful stay at the hotel - everything you could want is right at your fingertips -everyone is very accommodating and can't do enough to make your stay exceptional
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Ronnie
Loved our experience at this resort. Pros; Great beach, excellent service from the staff, good food selection at the buffet, walking distance to shopping and entertainment, view from the room Cons; Italian restaurant was not very good. Bed was a little hard Overall I would highly recommend this resort.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Reminded me of my kids college dorm room"
The food was fantastic. The sports/entertainment staff was great also. Beach access was wonderful as was the pool. Only beef is that the rooms and hallway remind me of my sons dorm room. The floors are all tile which makes every little sound echo. The rooms are bright white with a smidge of color and again all tile floors. The flat screens were around 24", should be around 45"-48" for a hotel room. We stayed on the 9th floor and had an amazing view. The staff was top notch. Next time will try the Riu Palace next door as they have a similar beach access but the rooms (at least online) don't look so sterile. Overall it is a fabulous resort.
5 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Dave A
"Loved Riu Cancun!!"
I went to cancun last year and loved it, I went this year and loved it even more. I stayed at Riu Cancun. I would recommend this resort 100%. Location was awesome, in walking distance to downtown clubs and restaurants. Food was really good, entertainment was fun ( pool side daily, night time shows for kids and adults, cook out at pool, Also the entrainment staff go out at night to clubs in bus or taxi, u can go with them in group vip kinda style- all of which aren't advertised which im really surprised).
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Very Good Hotel"
Very Clean, staff very pleasant and helpful. food in buffet excellent, steakhouse not quite as good, overall, a very good experience
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Beautiful facility and great staff"
Perfect experience, pools where beautiful. Great foo variety and faculties and grounds absolutely beautiful.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
lr
"Rooms"
Rooms very humid, beds could be better and would have liked a coffee pot in room. Hotel overall was great and the food and service was awesome for the cost. Most certainly would recommend this vacation spot.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to beach."
It was an overall good experience. They said we were to have a king bed, but it was two doubles pushed together. I was disappointed as they only had one buffet. They do have 3 specialty restaurants, but need reservation 2 days in advance
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
We were upgraded from the Riu Cancun to this hotel. Will absolutely go back. Great staff!!!
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Great hotel and location!"
Went there for a couple days only. The service was great. Food was good. Drinks were on point. Entertainment okay. Overall the hotel was great.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Mother of three
"Beautiful remodeled hotel w breath taking views"
Hotel and staff were amazing by far one of the nicest on the strip stayed for 5 nights and will be going again someday!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great hotel!"
Very big place and friendly staff! The hotel was comfortable and everything had easy access. Definitely would recommend it! Activities were fun. You're on vacation but if you're addicted to your phone you will be disappointed with internet accessibility. You have to pay for WiFi in the room, you get 90 minutes of free wifi but at all at one time and only in the lobby. The staff puts on fun shows for the night except Sundays (unless I missed it).
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
ale
"A place to stay"
We stayed at riu cancun for 4 days, it has some pro and cons, hotel staff is very friendly, food is great! Hotel room is very nice, location is great, the only problem is pool closed at 7:00pm, really? If you are not planning to leave the hotel is cool but if you go to the tours you will never be able to use the pool, the best thing is the theater show at nights, you basically don't need to go out for fun
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
anna
The location, beach, and pool were perfect. There's multiple pool and multiple beach locations to pick from at this hotel which allows you to get what you are looking for from calm/relaxing to more happening/busier areas. The service was all around GREAT from the restaurants, to the pool/beach service, to anything you needed. Highly recommended.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Hotel was great...food was not, wanted more of a mexican experiance, very americainized buffet
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
mike
"Perfect Vacation"
Incredible Hotel with amazing food and even better enterntainment staff!
4 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
Juan
"Very nice hotel"
Loved it across the street from a mall and walking distant from club strip
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
mike
"Met expectations for the most part"
Food was good. Buffet is good. No need to go to the specialty resturants because it was the same food. Rooms were way too humid. My bed, floors, sheets, clothes all felt wet the whole time. So did all my other friend's rooms were the same. Front desk were helpful and polite. The pools and bartenders were the highlight along with the beach.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
hangover2014
"Excellent hotel."
Very pleased with the services. Very attentive staff. Very clean. Great food. Times for meals services were just right.. Best all inclusive resort I have stayed at.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
chuck
The hotel food was good. The staff was at at times rude to people and felt like they should get tipped more, especially at pool bar. Frank at the corner bar made the best drinks int he whole facility. Skip the steak and Italian restaurants. Nothing to see there!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Better than I expected."
Overall very happy with our experience. Hotel was beautiful,clean, very friendly service and the grounds were extraordinary. I would highly recommend and do plan on returning.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Anna
"Excellent Location"
Just Excellent.. This was my 3rd stay at the Riu Cancun Hotel, looking forward for another stay in the near future.Thank You.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
RICKUSA
The RIU is excellent, after remodeling, but previous vintage style was good as well!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Great! Have stayed 3 times at this hotel. Will come back again!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Very nice views"
none, the hotel was great was currently remodeled service was excellent
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Vix
"Wouldn't Change a Thing!"
Everything was wonderful! The Whole Experience... the food, the beach, the entertainment crew, the shows and the staff! My wife and I do not have kids, but the entertainment staff did a wonderful job with all the kids that were there and I would recommend it for all parties, from Families to Bach Parties / College Frat Vacays! There was 4 different pools that all had a variety of people in them and they were all sort of different and geared towards different types of people. Lots of activites each day from Pool Volleyball to Beach Volleyball to Water Polo. Beach was Beautiful!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Kasey
"Nice place to stay with family"
Was good the only problem was my room was not ready at the time we arrive and we got there at 4:30 but beside that was good
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
yai
"not what I expected very poor serves"
the ac was not working they change me rooms that room was liking water from the light fix. tel did not work to stay in touch with my group
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
gracie
"Renovated with a fresh, modern edge"
AMAZING! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. It was our first trip to Cancun and our first all inclusive. Everything was smoothe and easy. Staff were very pleasant. The resort and amenities were great. The beach was beautiful! I enjoyed the entertainment staff a lot. Food is different than what I'm accustomed to but hey, it's already paid for, just find what ya like and stick to that. I read a lot of mixed reviews about this place so I was nervous. I guess it just depends on where you're from. My only complaint is the elevators. I wish they were bigger or there were a few more; and that they had some A/C. Hope this is helpful for the next guy!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Tiffany
"Riu Cancun remodeled."
Great staff, everyone is very accommodating. Special mention to Elvia and Santos at the pool bar. Also Adriana, Emilio and Hermes at the Miramar buffet. The food was great, we have yet to be disappointed at a Riu when it comes to the food. We arrived on Sunday 8-3 and as we were told several times the hotel had just reopened on Saturday 8-2, from a 3mos remodel. We prefer the classic look of Riu's with the wood furnishings and the flowers. This new look of the Riu is very modern all steel and glass. Not quite what we expected. It seemed like maybe they were not quite ready to open: the showers by all if the pools and on the beach were not working, the elevators were hit or miss, the TVs in the rooms also had some issues as well as the phones. These issues were all attended to promptly by the staff except for the showers out by the pools. All in all, our stay was good. We appreciate the staff and the great food. The entertainment was fun as well.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Gaby
"Nice location; nice facilities but very poorly ran"
First they gave me a room in the 1st floor and the elevator is programmed not to stop there, TV didn't work, Changed me to another room on the second floor. The telephone didn't work. The mini bar didn't either with a terrible smell of mold. Toilet had a leak and it took 5 phone calls to have my room made up. Finally they did at 6:00pm. A disappointment for a RIU hotel. The manager , a Mr Padilla, tried to be helpful but either he is incompetent or his staff is not properly trained. If I were Expedia I'd remove it from the list of hotels. The food was good - I venture say is the worst experience I have had in a hotel (supposedly five-star!!)
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Jorge
"Ok"
No beach and pool umbrella, no towels in room, called 3 time and it took them 3 hrs to bring 2 towels. Food was ok. Overall hotel opens only 2 weeks after major renovation, expedia should not put this hotel in for reservation.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Nice view and right in front of the beach......"
The food needs better quality, it was not the best but still good.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
lm
I will go next. Year. I love all riu?the hotel is nice and the beach to.the hotel only has a one problem. No chen dollar to peso,
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Hector M
"Beautiful beachfront hotel with lots to do!"
I stayed with my family, ranging in age from 10 to 70, this April. We all loved it! The entertainment staff is great providing the kids and adults with activities all day. The shows at night are fun too. The beach is beautiful. Always nice and clean along with the pool area and the whole resort. Lots of shopping and clubs very close to the hotel as well. We would definitely go back!!
Other trip May 3, 2014
Candace
"Nice hotel with pleasant and helpful staff."
The hotel seemed to be an older design compared to the other hotels that are near by. That said, the rooms were very nice. Room had with a balcony, and spacious bathrooms. The staff was very helpful with the check in process, hooking up to the internet, and even helping use find local activities to do. One problem we had was that our room keys deactivated on us, but that was a minor problem with a quick fix. Other than that, the food was great (especially guacamole) with a lot of options to choose from. The pools were clean, and it felt very safe around the resort. It seemed that once we arrived to the resort, we didn't have to worry about anything besides relaxing and having fun. Great experience for the price!
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Awesome stay"
Second timw in Cancun, best stay so far. Clean, great staff, close to the airport. Can't wait to go back.
karina
"Perfect!"
We had a perfect vacation, my husband said his favorite things was the staff, every one was wonderful!
Debra
"Average"
Hotel was clean. Staff was very friendly & outgoing. All inclusive was ok. We were not able to eat at the included restraunts bc they were booked days in advance. The sports bar is a hamburger/hot dog buffet. There are no toiletries in the room so bring your own. Pool closed at 1800hrs. Beach was nice and clean. Overall it was okay however I will probably not stay there again.
carrie
"Beautiful resort with the friendliest staff!"
The resort was perfect for our family vacation! Thank you
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Sandra
"Excellent time"
Was a little uneasy about the negative reviews, the only issues mentioned that i experienced were the hard beds and the rooms being a bit out dated, for the money i spent on this trip i feel i got a deal of a lifetime. The food was fantastic, the grounds and hotel lobby were clean and beautifully decorated in a spanish theme, (reminded me of my trip to Spain), the pools were a bit crowded but obviously everyone was having a great time at the swim up bar. The beach was nice, a little rocky on one side, perfectly clear of rocks on the other side, had beach drink service one day but it was only a short distance to the bar for a refill. The views from the room were magnificent, and the stocked mini bar was an awesome extra addition. This place is fun, fun , fun.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great Stay!"
The hotel is in an excellent location. Across the street from a mall and walking distance from the club zone, many restaurants and the flea market. The found the food at this all inclusive was very good compared to some I have visited. This was actually my 3rd stay and probably won't be the last. The food was very fresh and prepared well. Drinks at the bar were pretty good (my favorite was the outside bar by the beach). It was nice to see that they also offered many quality liquors instead of the usual rail liquors that many all inclusives use. It was also very nice to have a stocked bar and refrigerator in my room with beer, sodas and water. My room was very nice, plenty of space, very clean and the a/c worked perfectly. If I could change anything it would be to offer room service or the ability to take food to your room. The pools were very nice as well as the beach area. I would definitely recommend this!
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Ydm425
"Hotel has let EVERYTHING go!"
Had I known that the hotel was getting ready to shut down for three months for renovation, I would not have stayed there, however....! 1) Linens in need of replacing 2) Beds uncomfortable 3) Our frig leaked water, roommate fell, took 2 hrs for someone to come and check and then they never asked about the person that fell!!!!!!!! 4) put in wrong room and had to move next day 5) Pools not managed well....kids at adult pool all day every day 6) pool/beach umbrellas in disrepair 7) elevator was very noisy - one guest stated they were next to it and it was horrible all nite..............I could go on but you get the picture.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Not what we expected"
Our hotel was magnificent in its presentation but desperately needed repairs and upgrades. Servers and housekeepers were very attentive but activity staff enthusiasm was lacking. Clerks at the front desk in the lobby were not cert helpful. There was plenty of food but always the same. My wife and I became very from one of our meals two days into our stay. We like Riu Resorts but this one was not a good experience for us.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014