All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd. Kukulcan Km 8.5, Manzana 50, Lote 5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful, clean, modern hotel in Cancun"
This was my first time being in Cancun and the trip was great from the beginning! Got to the resort at 12:30pm. Check in isn't until 3pm, but they got us in right away, no issues! The jr. ocean view suite was beautiful. Spacious balcony, large room, and a nice walk in shower. The view from the balcony was fantastic. Everything was so clean, from the hallways to the beach. Great nightlife activity at the hotel, no need to leave the resort. Food and drinks were great. Booked the trip through Expedia, "Best Day Travel" was there to transport us to/from the airport and assist us in setting up activities to do in the area. Fantastic time in Mexico!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Tiffany
"Nicest and cleanest resort I've stayed at!"
The staff was incredible! The food was even better!. The resort was safe, fun and well worth the money. We are booking the same trip next year
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
matt
"Minilmilism design"
Every thing was good,except a lot of stairs to get to the Spa,not good for older visitors. I think they introduced Wall mart croussants at meals. They sure wre not very good. The meat was tufff except for spareribs. aside from my few complaints Thie was a very nice place. I have stayed at four RIU hotels and for the most part it is a very good place to stay and I will continue to book at RIU hotels.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Kristie
"Riu"
Staff was very nice and helpful. They were constantly working at keeping the hotel clean. Great view of the ocean.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
LeAnn
"Beach front, very clean"
Great place to stay, very clean. Beach front with ocean views from your room.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Ris
We have been going to Cancun for over 20 years and have stayed at many different resorts. I would say this is one of my least favorites. The beach is almost non-existent. My biggest disappointment, this, is the convenience ... we get up early and want our coffee. No coffee makers in the room. And to get coffee in the morning you have to go half way around the hotel to the Sports Bar and wait while they make one cup at a time. It would be so nice to have a large coffee urn in the lobby. If you want dinner in the 3 select restaurants you have to wait in line to make reservations and can only make them for that day or the next. Good luck - although the open restaurant is just as good in my opinion. Ask for an extra hotel room key - a key needs to be inserted to make the lights work. And don't forget your shampoos and conditioners. They give you a "shampoo" dispenser in the shower. No telling what is in it tho. Drinks are good, showers is good (strong and plenty of hot water). Don't expect any entertainment in the lobby (something I've enjoyed in other resorts) - we're not ones that like to go to the theater shows at 9:30. We walked over to the Riu Palace - very nice. Spend the little extra to go there if you want a Riu resort. Or the Riu Carib - we stayed ther a couple of times and enjoyed it. For the price there are other resorts that are worth the price. I won't book at the Riu Cancun again. Ike to go to the theater shows at 9:30.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Cecilia
Hotel was very nice. Food wasn't the best, but they had something for everyone. Staff was very helpful and worked hard to keep up the facility. Overall great experience!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Juanita
"Fun place to stay"
Remodeled and in great shape. Nice pools and small but good, clean beaches with good swimming access. The restaurants which required reservations had great food. We ate at the buffets for our other meals. Lots of variety but not always great quality; B- Walking distance to Starbucks and the ferry to Isla Mujeres, as well as some shopping Great bartenders and staff Free Wi-fi in the lobby if you want it I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends. Minor cons: No heated pools. Went in February with air temps in the 70s but the cold water temps made it hard to stay in the pools long. Not for those who must have quiet, as the hallways carry noise and it seemed like a lot of party people were very loud after midnight.
4 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Wayne
"Better than a picture"
Our experience was even better than we expected. We realized right away that the hotel has everything including the most beautiful stretch of beach so really there was no need to ever leave especially if a person loves the beach and water..we will definitely plan anther trip in the future and will stay at the Riu cancun again.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"very nice , going back next year to same hotel"
NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THE HOTEL , VERY NICE HOTEL
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Modern Hotel, great location"
I purposely called Expedia to Book a 7 days All inclusive King size bed and balcony. Expedia customer service verified the booking of my request. When we arrived at the hotel the staff reserved a room with 2 full beds. After a lengthy conversation and me showing my Expedia paperwork which verified my booking they changed the room. I paid for 7 days all inclusive and feel as tho I only actually got 5 days all inclusive. We arrived on Sunday afternoon and during check in we were told that all hotel restaurants need to be reserved 2 days in advance. We couldn't eat at the hotel restaurants until Wednesday, 2 and a half days into our stay. We had to eat at the buffet the first 2 days. (Monday and Tuesday) Disappointed!!!! Everything else was great, modern, clean and great location.
"Nice place for ocean view hotel."
Not too expensive for ocean view. But need more room to reserve dinner. I failed for making reservation for dinner during my 5 night stay. Still Main restaurante was good. Nice for price.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Great resort and wonderful service. But shower would trun hot then cold then hot again
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Not clear on amenities"
The hotel riu cancun was a very lovely resort. You can tell they had a recent remodel. However there website states they have a jacuzzi tub outside located by the adult pool. there is no adult pool kids were everywhere and the "jacuzzi " was freezing cold. When we spoke to customer service about it they explained they knew. There was no heating element ever designed for it. Pretty upset about that. And also for those who do not travel to resorts often we were never told at check in that you had to make dinner reservations 2 days in advance. Just to make the reservation and show up and the place is empty.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Perfect Paradise"
Our trip was fabulous. The resort had everything to offer-food, entertainment, beautiful views and excellent service. The only quirk that I had was they needed blankets on the beds. The rooms could be quite chilly. If you turned the air off the rooms and everything in them would be damp and smell therefore you needed to leave the air on. During the day we left the patio door open to hear the sound of the ocean. Please note if your patio door is open the air won't run. I guess this is an energy saver. Other than this small issue the trip was perfect.
4 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Nikole
Really nice place. Very friendly staff. Overall happy with our stay.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Excellent Choice"
We enjoyed everything about this resort: food, entertainment, pools, beach/ocean, and accommodations. We even took a day trip on the ferry to Isles Mujeres.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Denise
"This hotel was too large for me."
The hotel had a good buffet but I did not like standing in line each day to make reservations for the restaurants. The service was excellent. No sun after 3:00 because of the tall buildings. The room was nice and the beds were very comfortable. Too many people for me.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Went for a wedding, great time, good bars, only issue I had was booking the restaurants but I found out if the people who booked don't show up for 10 minutes past the start time they lose the table.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
phil
"Economical"
We stayed for 3 days. One adult two teens. During check-in we had Damion and he was just awesome. I had an aol.com email and we joked about it because he also still uses aol.com The rooms were very small. The toilet could hardly flush. The sheets had spots all over. Upon arrival we wanted to make reservations for the specialty resturants but we were told it's for guest staying over 5 days. We were disappointed because it was not mentioned on the website. On day two we had a spa treatment and that was also disappointing. The spa rooms were dark and dingy looking. They had brown towels as if they are hiding dirt but their commercial showed a different side with all white spa rooms which did not exist. At night there were daily entertainment which was just ok. We left in the middle of the show. They spoke mostly spanish so we didn't get the jokes. While waiting on the show to start there were greeters walking around which was nice but they should work in zones. Three greeters greeted us in about half hour and asked us the same questions : where are you traveling from? what are your names? etc. how annoying.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Olivene
"Terrible customer service"
To begin with, we were charged an extra $500 for adding an extra person to the room that was already booked in the first place. They refused to budge on the issue. and were extremely apathetic and rude. I called my travel agent but rather than spend the first day on the phone and arguing with companies back and forth, I decided to drop the issue. I wanted a relaxing vacation not a customer service war. But it didn't stop there. They were pretty much apathetic about everything. They told us that if we wanted to eat at their restaurants, which were all inclusive in the bill, we had to book with two day's anticipation, otherwise we could only eat the buffet food. We did end up booking, but for the first two days had to eat at the buffet as they said. That turned out to be false. We could eat at the restaurants, just not dinner, which you have to book two days in advance. This simple lack of communication really ruined half the week for us as we thought we only had the buffet as a food option for breakfast lunch and dinner. Our room was not cleaned on the first two days. They skipped right past ours for some reason and we had to ask three times to have our room taken care of. Each time we asked them to clean it they promised us that they would do our room after they were finished with the one they were working on. But each time they finished, they just went off to do another room instead. The hotel was nice but not worth the price and the customer service was terrible.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Worth every penny"
My boyfriend and I booked a spontaneous trip to escape the Minnesota cold and couldnt have been more pleased with our stay at Riu. The staff was extremely friendly, the food was great and every morning we woke up the staff was cleaning every inch of the hotel top to bottom. We are both 25 years old and we enjoyed the new modern renovations to the hotel. I would recommend to people however that you need to snag a spot by the pool before 7:30am or all the prime spots will be taken. Best tanning hours are between 8am and 2pm. Hotel Riu Cancun is a wonderful choice!
Dana
"A bit over rated"
We arrived to find a present in the toilet. The seat was also dirty. The beach is tiny. The sun is gone early because the building blocks it. The food was terrible. No variety either. Same thing for B L D. We went out to eat the last night. We only ate at the buffet because all the restaurants were full all the time.You need to get down to the desk at 8 am to make the reservations. They are full by 9. So if it's not the first thing on your mind while your on vacation, forget it. The hotel was just renovated and it looked nice. I have been to Cancun 7 times so I know what to expect. Much better stuff out there. I would never go back to this RUI. I will say it was a great location.
"Awful food!"
The food was terrible, the hotel is located too deep into the beach so you barely have anywhere to lay out. You make reservations for dinner at this place and get worse food then the buffet. Expedia listed things under included activities for this resort that weren't included there.too many thongs everywhere and Canadians wearing speedos. No clocks anywhere. Can't get seats at the pool n they'll charge for late check out. Rooms were muggy. I recommend excellence, the royal and le blanc. Best food and stay.
Cecelia
"Big hotel with all oceanfront rooms."
A few draw backs the hotel is so big the sun goes behing the building around 2pm leaving the pools in the shade. The pizza is not very good and they do not let you take good out of the restaurants.
jen
The hotel was great overall. Great food, so far the best we have had in our 4 trips to mexico. The pool was too cold for the weather none of them were heated so there werent many people swimming. The beach was great.
sylvia
"Overall good hotel but some deficencies"
the food in the buffet was really good. Dont bother with a la carte resteraunt as u get the same food in the buffet. The beach was beautiful. The staff in the pool and volleyball court kept you entertained. Awesome showd at night. Friendly and hard working staff. our room smelt like sewer the first night. We asked to be switch but there was no more rooms available. The smell went away after the first night. The cleaners did a good job fixing our bed and cleaning the room n bathroom. We asked the front desk to get a new phone in our room from the first night we were there. The phone was never fixed for the 5 days we were there. We felt that the front desk staff were ignorant to our issues. delta airline lost my friends laguage during the trip and still has not been located.
chris
"Bad start, great finish"
Upon arrival the room smelled strongly of mildew. We had a hard time getting any response from the staff for a few days but finally got someone to come up to the room to take a look. It helped that we had found mildew all over the drapes and curtains that they did indeed change out. They also provided my girlfriend and I with free 50 minute massages that were enjoyable. Pool was very nice , ocean was beautiful. Besides the room problem the staff was extremely kind, helpful , and pleasant..
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
J. J.
"Great hotel except"
Great hotel except for the food. Buffet was hit and miss but the Italian and steak restaurants were below average. Did not expect great cuisine but food should be a lot better. Otherwise great hotel and staff and had a wonderful time.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
MDD
Overall is good. Staff, food, location are good. But not much entertainment in the hotel. Also the room is too humid.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nice location with ample space"
We have been to this hotel several times. I was impressed with the modifications made to the hotel. The entire staff was absolutley tentative to any needs and the cleaning staff never stop.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Sensational value. Gorgeous girls. Great food. Buffet at Miramar can't be beaten. Very well run and the beach is awesome.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Wonderful!!!"
We stayed from 1/5/15-1/11/15. This hotel exceeded our expectations! The staff is great and our rooms were very clean and comfortable! Great location! The food was great- so many great options on the buffet!! Would definetly recommend!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Janel
"Nice hotels..."
Nice food but water in the pool is a little cold.
4 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"Beach was kind of small but enjoyable"
We had a great time but as always in Mexico the beds are too firm. Great help whenever we asked for it.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Loved this hotel would totally recomened.. Staff very friendly
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Great staff, close to beach, great view!"
Had a great experience for my 1st time in Cancun. Great staff, very interactive. Drinks available easily and great location to beach and other areas downtown. Most sun by pool in morning/early afternoon so hit the pools 1st. Overall happy with our experience!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Jenny
I was not happy with the staff at all they were rude most of them they wanted their tips and also they look did you like there better than you and that's one thing that made me feel very uncomfortable and I am not going to go back to Cancun ever again! The resort was extremely small too. There was no entertainment throughout the day and after the second day I was very bored.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
DJ
"mostly positive, some negatives."
Terrific room, very crowded at the pool and the small beach. Hard to find a lounge chair in she sun. The building shades much of the pool patio during the day and fully shaded by 2:30. Food quality is variable from C- to B+. Staff are very accommodating. REAL DOWN side is free internet is in the lobby only for 90 consecutive minutes. After that there is a daily fee for high speed internet throughout the resort. At this price point there should be free internet.
7 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Stephen
"Expected better from Riu"
Expected a better experience from Riu. The hotel staff was not too pleasing. Dont expect them to fully understand English, but was not expecting them to just ignore or walk away. The rooms were very damp and filled with moisture. Getting a spot by the pool on a sunny side was impossible, not to mention if you were lucky to get a spot you couldnt leave it cause someone would just come and move your stuff and take your seats. Beach is very small and very rocky. Not pleasant.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Lena
"Very nice hotel but..."
Great service, great food, ok room (I hate the white lighting, it has the feeling of a hospital), cold pool :(, small beach and not a kids friendly hotel. There was nothing for kids e.g. entertainment room, pool area. Not even toys to buy in the store.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Heide
"Riu Cancun"
this is a wonderful spot with access to both pools and beach. the food and drinks are excellent . the only negative is that coffee was not available in our rooms. However. This did get us moving in paradise earlier.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
phil
Great experience and unforgettable. I recomended especially for families
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Nice Hotel but Renovations Changed the Whole Feel"
We've stayed at this hotel a total of 4 times. This last visit was after the renovations had been completed and it no longer feels "Mexican". It's so contemporary now and has lost all of its charm. While the restaurant and swim-up bar renovations are great, the rooms and the lobby are very tacky! Lobby is silver and red...looks garish, and the rooms are pure white and hot pink...yes, you heard me, hot pink. I don't know why they would have removed all of the beautiful dark wood and Mexican tiles...now it could be a hotel found anywhere in the world. We still had a great time but doubt we will stay here again. Also, keep in mind that the hotel faces in such a way that by 2pm the pools are in complete shade. Always a bummer!
P
"very nice and relaxing and great food"
this was my husbands first all inclusive and he loved it!!! we will be back
mary jo
"not kid friendly"
My kids got picked on by staff members for having wet flip flops ! I mean really?! Also the Japanese food was horrible !!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Beach front view and the pool to"
Staff was excellent and very friendly. Traveling with two teens room set up was a little awkward toilet in a separate room without a sink beds pushed together so we re arranged the room for us.
Shannon
"Renovations are great"
This is our second time here. Everything was better than our first wonderful experience. Food and staff all great. We loved Caesar and all the sports and entertainment staff. They really make your vacation better. All the staff are great. I would definately recommend the riu.
debbie
"A Great Christmas in Cancun"
Our family of 5 adults had a great vacation during Christmas week at the RIU Cancun. We were impressed with how the staff was attentive, polite and very pleasant. People were everywhere cleaning, taking drink orders, removing used plates, greeting you as you walked by, etc. A wonderfully helpful concierge works in the lobby from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. We also saw a doctor on-site. During the day, there are lively (and can be loud) organized activities led by very personable, energetic young people, or you can lounge in the sun in areas that are quiet. At night there is entertainment for both children and adults, or one can gather at the many seating areas to visit with their family and friends. The Christmas Eve cocktails and dinner were both beautiful and delicious. We felt very pampered the entire time. We purchased the all-inclusive option. The food selection was vast, freshly prepared and tasty. A person would have to be incredibly picky to not find something to eat. The drinks were not strong, but that was a good thing! It's nice to have a frozen daiquiri at eleven in the morning without having to take a nap soon afterwards. (If you want more alcohol in a drink, all you have to do is ask.) Our family went snorkeling one day, and on a trip to Chichin Itza (2.5 hrs. away) another. We were picked up and returned to the hotel's front door. There are people on-site that you can talk with to arrange the tours. Most days were spent relaxing in the sun!
"Nice time in Cancún"
The hotel is really pretty, clean, well located and comfortable. The food is quite good, excelent menus and variety. The only thing i didnt like was that the hotel doesn't have free wifi in the lobby like most hotels do. And also the free time for wifi (90 min daily) have bad signal. I lost a sweater in the room :( The reservation system for the nice restaurants is very very complicated.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014