All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
6569 Clay Avenue Sw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49548, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Great room, ok pool area"
Loved our room but the pool was lacking. Pool temp is freezing and there were some parts that were not fully operating. We had a brief half hour to swim in the morning and nothing was running until 9:25 Our kids were kicked out of the hot tub even though it was just their legs and we were with them. Would have had just as much fun at a hotel for half the price with a pool.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"Very Nice Hotel & Staff"
The hotel has a mini-waterpark, which was our primary reason for trying this hotel, and that it was a 45 minute drive to Lake Michigan. There’s a hot tub, a very nice water slide, lifeguards, a pool area 3.5 feet deep, and a large toddler/spray area that is 6” deep. The waterpark seems to be for hotel guests only as far as I can tell, and I consider a plus. The room was warm, but the pool water was too cold for me. Parking was a problem; there isn’t enough when the banquet center next door was being used; I think the hotel owner owns the banquet center too. Breakfast was nice. Scrambled eggs, sausage, and the usual other stuff. The hotel décor was very nice, moderately upscale, and my wife who always complains about smells was super-happy with the cleanliness. The staff was always courteous, attentive, and appeared happy/content with their work. I see some prices online for $200-380 a room, I think that’s stretching the value equation a bit. Our room was $150 via Hotels.com on a summer Saturday night.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Engineer
"pleasant stay"
nice room & bed, breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
"Great little water park for the kids"
Mattress was a bit old. Water park was great for small kids. Breakfast was nice and kept well stocked by staff.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Freeland
"Great Place To Stay"
This hotel was just plane nice. The room was very spacious and the small fridge and the microwave were an added bonus. Great indoor pool for families with small children to enjoy, big kids to. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my time there.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Terry
"Visited the zoo"
I picked this hotel due to its closeness to the zoo and the water park. All in all, it was very nice. However, we wanted to take our 4 year old to the water park one last time, the morning we were to check out. I called the front desk to double check the pool hours, they informed me that it did not open until 1 pm, and the slide at 4 pm. Bummer. Come to find out that the pool actually opened at 9 AM. Super bummer.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Kid-friendly and very clean."
Upon check-in, I was notified that they had upgraded our room to a loft room for free. It was great! Twin/full bunk beds with a bathroom & TV upstairs, king bedroom with TV & full bath downstairs, and a living area with TV, small refrigerator, microwave, and prep sink. Unfortunately, we only got to enjoy it for about 12 hours since we arrived later than expected. The water park kept my 4 & 6 year olds occupied for the hour we had to enjoy it and the free breakfast was pretty good. The entire place was very clean, nice & cool, and the staff was very friendly. I will certainly stay again!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Christa
My son had a blast in the mini water park. The room was clean, and the free breakfast was beyond my expectations.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
jennifer
"Overall good"
The place was packed, 2 weddings, a reunion and some other event. Yet it was quiet on our floor, breakfast was good. The only negative was that they closed the pool a half our earlier then posted on their website. That was disappointing since it was the main reason we choose this hotel
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
"Family Hotel. Best for little kids."
Went on a busy weekend and thought the Hotel staff was accommodating and pleasant, although understaffed. The hotel was VERY busy and loud all around. Lot's of kids and running and shouting. Not a very restful place. We had the room above us sound like a heard of elephants until midnight for both nights of our stay. It kept us up. The second night we called to have the staff try and correct... but it didn't work. Decent value hotel, but know what your getting when you stay here.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Nick
"Not really for business"
My stay was okay, except for room security deposit. They had to have housekeeping check my room for damages before I could get my $100.00 back. This is common place with immigrant ownership] however. I find it quite cheap and cheesy as well as insulting.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Great hotel, great location"
After a six-hour drive I arrived just in time for a nice manager's reception (happy hour!), then had an excellent dinner nearby in GR's "best" Mexican restaurant. The room was virtually perfect and so was the staff. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"very pleasant stay"
Great for the little ones. pool with slide was great and staff very helpful by the slide.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
Greta
"Convienent"
Experience will be great if I get the price that was on my final bill the hotel gave me and not the quote which was much more that Expedia gave me. This I will find out when I get my credit card bill.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Earl
Good location! Right off 131 but on a quiet street. Not many food choices but I would stay again.
Other trip May 23, 2013
Chad
"Terriffic Beds"
I was in Grand Rapids on a business trip. I chose to stay at this location because Hotel.com had the rooms at $100 which was $140 cheaper than the normal price. The staff was pleasant. The hotel was clean. I had a double bed, with lots of space. The waterpark area was very nice. Only fast food restuarants in the immediate area. Easy access to US131 and M6.
1 night business trip May 2, 2013
"Return visit"
This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly, the housekeeping staff had everything perfect. The hotel was clean and well maintained. There was plenty of choices from danish and muffins to pancakes with sausages or eggs with biscuits and gravy. Great Job!!
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Cindy
"Good value for the price"
Staff was friendly, room was clean- overall just a lower class experience.... which was absolutely fine for what we were looking for. Matress wasn't comfortable, but breakfast was good, toddler play and slide area was nice at the pool. Would stay again.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Great for families"
We had a great time, enjoyed the water park, perfect for young children. The hotel is a few minutes from the children's museum. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast crew was top notch.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"great water park for young children"
We think we'll avoid spring break vacations, all local attractions were very busy, of course.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2013
"Perfect for the traveling businessman"
Overall an excellent experience. Reasonable price, good location, very clean room, good service, fine breakfast. Only missing piece: a bathrobe in the Jacuzzi room to relax after a long day. I'll visit again. Highly recommended
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2013
The room was fine, though it was a little dusty and the towels weren't as clean/white as I would expect. The kids loved the pool and water slide. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2013
MP
Everyone was nice and very friendly. Only the kiddie pool was open :(
Business trip Mar 7, 2013
Greg
We started out with a small glitch in our booking but things were made right very quickly.Loved everything.6 adults,and 9 grandchildren.We had a riot.We will do it again next time at this location. Thanks Fred
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2013
We booked this hotel for the pool and slide. Received a call on our way that the slide was closed. Could have booked a cheaper hotel. Our son was very disappointed. Suggest you call the hotel direct before booking if taking children to see if the slidewill be open.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"good stay"
was nice everything worked bed was soft. wasnt loud
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"Water park!"
That water park isn't huge, but man did it keep kids entertained.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2013
"Horrible Customer Service"
My family and I had a horrible experience at this hotel. My mother in law was told there are only a certain number of wristbands available for the 'water park' and she would have to pay an additional $20 just to SIT in the water area.However, when we entered the pool area there was a number of adults/family members of other children that stated they did not purchase the wristband. Then, as we were returning to our room we discovered that an entire high school band was also staying in the room. They were up all night long slamming doors, screaming and talking loudly so none of us got any sleep. After we got up in the morning we found that the band had also gotten up early and were hungry. My son and family were unable to eat breakfast for an hour and a half because we had to wait on the entire band to go through the line first. When I said something to the receptionist at the front desk about our experience all she said was 'The high school band kids were just excited.' So I guess them being excited justifies my family and I not being able to sleep or get breakfast in the morning. When I returned home I found that they had charged $1.20 to my account for the tax on the wristband that my mother-in-law had paid $20 for. I called to speak to the manager but of course had to leave a message and not surprisingly, I haven't heard back from them. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Crystal
"Within 10 min of downtown Grand Ra[pids with const"
Location was very convenient but my map instructions were not correct. I spent an hour on Clay Ave. Exit is for 68th street and Culterville and the road name is Christmas Tree Lane. If you go looking for Clay Ave, you end up in the instrutrial section of Grand Rapids north of M-6. Room was relatively clean with only dust on the baseboards of the bathroom. Beds were very comfortable. Hallways were a little worn but swept and clean. We did not use the pool but others seemed to like it. Included breakfast was a great time saver.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2012
Full breakfast was very good. Hot tub was at a very good temp - not to hot.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2012
"Great for kids!"
The pool area was excellent for the kids...they had a blast playing on all the extras this hotel had to offer. Great customers service, great food (hot breakfast buffet) and great rooms...nice,new and neat!
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
"Great Hotel for a Family"
The hotel was great for a weekend away with the kids. The kids loved the water slide and kiddie pool area. I enjoyed using the hot tub and appreciated that the hot tub was for adults only but yet I could see my kids enjoying the pool and waterslide. We enjoyed the John Ball Park Zoo and Craig's Cruisers while we were here and this will be my hotel of choice for all future trips to GR!
Other trip Aug 20, 2012
Everything was great
1 night trip Jul 30, 2012
Randy

"Very comfortable Hotel"
could not ask for much more
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Great place!"
Nice furnishings,everything looked fairly new, granite counter in bathroom,small fridge and coffee maker, comfy beds. Breakfast was great well stocked when supplies getting low - eggs, bacon, pancakes, great cinnamon buns, yogurt, fruit, cereal, toast, juice, coffee. Nice place.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Hi Coleen, Thank you for the review! We appreciate the positive feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you in the near future!
Other trip May 11, 2013
coleen
"Overnight on the way to Chicago"
Overall the hotel was ok. Staff on arrival were very friendly and check-in was quick. Rooms were comfortable and clean, pillows were slightly lumpy. The water slides in the pool area were great, I think my husband enjoyed it more than the kids! Both my boys (5,2) had a ball and didn't want to leave. Breakfast was ok, more fresh fruit would have been good but overall it was ok.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2012
Louise
"Great deal for family vacation with a waterpark!"
Very satisfied with the facilities. Fridge, and microwave oven are nice to have. Small waterpark is a big plus compared to other regular indoor pools. Breakfast was abundant and good choices of food. The coffee was excellent. Enough parking lots and they are free too!
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2012

子供連れにはお勧めのプール
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Itoh
JP
"Un Hotel Practico y recomendable..."
Estuvimos ahí durante 5 días, los cuales tuvimos mucha tranquilidad en nuestra estancia. ademas esta muy bien ubicado, ya que se encuentra en una ubicación estratégica si vas a Chicago o a Detroit. Tiene muy cerca puntos de venta de alimentos y compra de combustible... en general muy agradable y recomiendo su contratación. Saludos, Esahw
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Hello Eshaw, Thank you so much for the review. We do appreciate the time and efforts. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
MX
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Todd
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
chanda
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for the positive review!
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2014
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for the positive review!
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2014
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your positive review!
Other trip Dec 2, 2013