All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
6569 Clay Avenue Sw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49548, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Great pool
    Great amenities
    Decent vibe
"Great Value and Clean"
Great value, clean and comfortable room, friendly staff- what more can you ask for in a Holiday Inn stay. The front desk staff were extremely helpful. There are some fast food options in the area and a very good brewery. Otherwise not much else close by.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your review and the compliment to our staff. It is our pleasure to ensure your time with us is excellent. We are also very glad you were able to smaple some of our local restaurants in the area, Cranker's Brewery is always a good choice! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Cassandra L.
Good location ,clean,good pool hot tub and kids splash pool
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the waterpark fit your needs so perfectly. We look forward to your next visit with us!
3 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Deb
"Great water fun for all ages."
We had a wonderful time. The children especially enjoyed the pool area. One child 5 and one 18 months loved the children's pool.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We are so glad that you had a great time. We appreciate your business and hope to see you the near future.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"1st visit here"
This was our first visit here. We were very happy with the room which was located on the 4th floor not too far from the elevators. The room had a fridge and microwave which was nice. The beds were very comfortable and there was a choice of soft or firm pillows. The tub/shower was one of the cleanest I have seen in a hotel. The pool area had lots of seating and was clean. We also enjoyed a hot breakfast bar, with eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, pancakes, fruit, juice, cereal, danish, toast, and muffins. Should we have to return to Grand Rapids, we would stay at this location again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for complimenting our rooms and our breakfast selection. I will pass that compliment along to our housekeeping staff as well. We do work hard to make sure that each guest has an excellent stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
Cindy
"Good value for price"
The room was nice and the pool was awsome! The staff was pleasant and helpful! The only problem was the hall ways! They smelled awful! A nasty body odor! Thankfully it didn't extend into the room or it would of been unbareable!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your review. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities met your needs so perfectly. I do apologize about the unpleasant scent in the hallways, we will look into that issue and resolve it. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Kv
"not a waterpark"
The hotel was O.K. for spending the night, but listed as a waterpark is an overstatement. The pool area has a Kiddie pool, and an adult slide, actual swimming pool is too small to swim in.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
jeff
"Caring staff, nice hotel"
The vacation was nice. Aita did an especially nice job of welcoming our family and making everyone feel at home for Christmas.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you so much for your positive review and for complimenting our staff. We do try our best to make sure each and every guests feels like family while you are here, especially around the holidays! We look forward to your next stay with us!
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
"Great for a family getaway"
We spent a night here since we have 2 little children (ages 3 and 6) and were in town visiting family. While they do not have adjoining rooms, we were able to get rooms next to each other. The indoor water park was great. The bigger kids enjoyed the slide, the little ones enjoyed the kiddie play area, and the adults enjoyed the hot tub. The room was comfortable and nice, but certainly nothing fancy. The breakfast was pretty good and overall our stay was enjoyable. While it was toward the higher end of our price range ($130), it was a nice getaway and met our expectations.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I am please that our waterpark fit your family's needs so well. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Shawn
"Great bed!"
The room was very nice. Super clean and nicely appointed. The king size bed was memory foam I think. Super comfortable! Great hot breakfast included, and the water park is a great family feature.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your postive review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I am glad that the mattresses fit your needs perfectly, yes they are Memory Foam! We hope to see you and your family again soon!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Connie
"Convenient highway access"
Front desk receptionist was very helpful and friendly. Bed was very comfortable. We would have liked it if there had been a restaurant/lobby to sit in and visit, since we were there with 2 other couples. Were heading on our way back home and so was very conveniently located at the intersection of the 2 highways on which we were travelling.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location right off of the highway was so convenient for you. We unfortunately do not have a restaurant at our hotel , being an Express, however guests are always welcome to use our Breakfast area. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Grand Rapids!
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Great for a small meeting."
The staff was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our small group. The breakfast had a great variety so everyone could find what they may want. The location was perfect for us coming from different directions. We will meet here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2013
jewelry lady
"Who turned the water park off?"
We had bikes with us and when my daughter started to walk her bike into the hotel so that we could put them in our room, the owner told her that the bikes weren't allowed. I then asked what we should do with them, and they weren't sure. They finally told us we could put them in a service hallway. After supper we went to go swimming. It was 7:30 Sunday night of a 3 day weekend, and the lifeguards were all leaving. The slides were all closed. A senior lifeguard soon appeared and we inquired with her. She agreed to turn on the slides so that we could each have a slide down. Never-the-less, the water was too cold, and we went back to our room shortly. The next morning on check-out when I mentioned the problems, the experience front desk lady said that the reaction from the new owner regarding the bikes was typical of the new owner. The front. desk person didn't see anything wrong with us keeping bikes in the room. Also, she had heard that there were problems with the water temperature.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Hi Dawn, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We usually keep our temperature at a regulated temp of 72 degree's. We do strive to offer superior customer service and a great environment for our guests. If you would give us a second chance, I can say you will be treated with excellent service and warmer temperatures. Hope to see you in the future. Thank you again!
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
Dawn
"Nice staff and room, close to my meeting location"
Good for a one-night business stay; friendly and accommodating staff; free wi-fi, clean room, no complaints.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Great hotel for kids!"
This hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. The water park was perfect for the kids! We would definitely stay here again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We appreciate your feedback and we are delightful to hear you had a great time. We hope to see your in the future!
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Staff went out of their way to be helpful...Met the owner who was very accommodating
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We do appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward of seeing you in the near future!
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
"nice clean facility with great service"
great staff and clean, comfortable environment makes this a great business stay in south Grand Rapids.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Don
"Good location and close for shopping and resturant"
Came here mainly for my grandkids. Last outing before school. So we were looking for a fun place with a pool. They had a blast in the pool but I wish it could have been 4 -4 1/2 feet deep for adults too. It was extremely hot and humid in the pool area, could be vented or cooled better...pics came out all blurry due to humidity. But the kids loved it. We had a great room...I am disabled and use a walker and we were right on the main floor near everything we needed. Staff was really nice. We would go again!
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2013
Ann
"Great hotel, friendly staff, perfect for families!"
We stayed in an executive room with a king bed and we couldn't be happier. The room was clean, quiet, and very spacious. The bed was comfortable and the pull out sofa was perfect for our son. The staff was friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. I was impressed at the owners dedication to his business. He checked to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. He even got me cream for my coffee and gave my son ice cream! The breakfast area was beautiful and they had an excellent selection of items. The real draw for us however, was the pool. My son is 2 and the pool area was perfect for him. He had so much fun on the little water playground. He spent hours going down the smaller slide. The location was good. It's right by the freeway, and it's only a few minutes from everything we needed. My only disappointment is that we didn't have more time.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Becca
"close to all must-see sights"
We had a great stay and are three small grandchildren really enjoyed the pool. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was very good. Would definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Great room, ok pool area"
Loved our room but the pool was lacking. Pool temp is freezing and there were some parts that were not fully operating. We had a brief half hour to swim in the morning and nothing was running until 9:25 Our kids were kicked out of the hot tub even though it was just their legs and we were with them. Would have had just as much fun at a hotel for half the price with a pool.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"Very Nice Hotel & Staff"
The hotel has a mini-waterpark, which was our primary reason for trying this hotel, and that it was a 45 minute drive to Lake Michigan. There’s a hot tub, a very nice water slide, lifeguards, a pool area 3.5 feet deep, and a large toddler/spray area that is 6” deep. The waterpark seems to be for hotel guests only as far as I can tell, and I consider a plus. The room was warm, but the pool water was too cold for me. Parking was a problem; there isn’t enough when the banquet center next door was being used; I think the hotel owner owns the banquet center too. Breakfast was nice. Scrambled eggs, sausage, and the usual other stuff. The hotel décor was very nice, moderately upscale, and my wife who always complains about smells was super-happy with the cleanliness. The staff was always courteous, attentive, and appeared happy/content with their work. I see some prices online for $200-380 a room, I think that’s stretching the value equation a bit. Our room was $150 via Hotels.com on a summer Saturday night.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Engineer
"pleasant stay"
nice room & bed, breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
"Great little water park for the kids"
Mattress was a bit old. Water park was great for small kids. Breakfast was nice and kept well stocked by staff.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Freeland
"Great Place To Stay"
This hotel was just plane nice. The room was very spacious and the small fridge and the microwave were an added bonus. Great indoor pool for families with small children to enjoy, big kids to. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my time there.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Terry
"Visited the zoo"
I picked this hotel due to its closeness to the zoo and the water park. All in all, it was very nice. However, we wanted to take our 4 year old to the water park one last time, the morning we were to check out. I called the front desk to double check the pool hours, they informed me that it did not open until 1 pm, and the slide at 4 pm. Bummer. Come to find out that the pool actually opened at 9 AM. Super bummer.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Kid-friendly and very clean."
Upon check-in, I was notified that they had upgraded our room to a loft room for free. It was great! Twin/full bunk beds with a bathroom & TV upstairs, king bedroom with TV & full bath downstairs, and a living area with TV, small refrigerator, microwave, and prep sink. Unfortunately, we only got to enjoy it for about 12 hours since we arrived later than expected. The water park kept my 4 & 6 year olds occupied for the hour we had to enjoy it and the free breakfast was pretty good. The entire place was very clean, nice & cool, and the staff was very friendly. I will certainly stay again!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Christa
My son had a blast in the mini water park. The room was clean, and the free breakfast was beyond my expectations.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
jennifer
"Overall good"
The place was packed, 2 weddings, a reunion and some other event. Yet it was quiet on our floor, breakfast was good. The only negative was that they closed the pool a half our earlier then posted on their website. That was disappointing since it was the main reason we choose this hotel
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
"Family Hotel. Best for little kids."
Went on a busy weekend and thought the Hotel staff was accommodating and pleasant, although understaffed. The hotel was VERY busy and loud all around. Lot's of kids and running and shouting. Not a very restful place. We had the room above us sound like a heard of elephants until midnight for both nights of our stay. It kept us up. The second night we called to have the staff try and correct... but it didn't work. Decent value hotel, but know what your getting when you stay here.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Nick
"Not really for business"
My stay was okay, except for room security deposit. They had to have housekeeping check my room for damages before I could get my $100.00 back. This is common place with immigrant ownership] however. I find it quite cheap and cheesy as well as insulting.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Great hotel, great location"
After a six-hour drive I arrived just in time for a nice manager's reception (happy hour!), then had an excellent dinner nearby in GR's "best" Mexican restaurant. The room was virtually perfect and so was the staff. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"very pleasant stay"
Great for the little ones. pool with slide was great and staff very helpful by the slide.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
Greta
"Convienent"
Experience will be great if I get the price that was on my final bill the hotel gave me and not the quote which was much more that Expedia gave me. This I will find out when I get my credit card bill.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Earl
Good location! Right off 131 but on a quiet street. Not many food choices but I would stay again.
Other trip May 23, 2013
Chad
"Terriffic Beds"
I was in Grand Rapids on a business trip. I chose to stay at this location because Hotel.com had the rooms at $100 which was $140 cheaper than the normal price. The staff was pleasant. The hotel was clean. I had a double bed, with lots of space. The waterpark area was very nice. Only fast food restuarants in the immediate area. Easy access to US131 and M6.
1 night business trip May 2, 2013
"Return visit"
This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly, the housekeeping staff had everything perfect. The hotel was clean and well maintained. There was plenty of choices from danish and muffins to pancakes with sausages or eggs with biscuits and gravy. Great Job!!
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Cindy
"Good value for the price"
Staff was friendly, room was clean- overall just a lower class experience.... which was absolutely fine for what we were looking for. Matress wasn't comfortable, but breakfast was good, toddler play and slide area was nice at the pool. Would stay again.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Great for families"
We had a great time, enjoyed the water park, perfect for young children. The hotel is a few minutes from the children's museum. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast crew was top notch.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"great water park for young children"
We think we'll avoid spring break vacations, all local attractions were very busy, of course.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2013
"Perfect for the traveling businessman"
Overall an excellent experience. Reasonable price, good location, very clean room, good service, fine breakfast. Only missing piece: a bathrobe in the Jacuzzi room to relax after a long day. I'll visit again. Highly recommended
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2013
The room was fine, though it was a little dusty and the towels weren't as clean/white as I would expect. The kids loved the pool and water slide. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2013
MP
Everyone was nice and very friendly. Only the kiddie pool was open :(
Business trip Mar 7, 2013
Greg
We started out with a small glitch in our booking but things were made right very quickly.Loved everything.6 adults,and 9 grandchildren.We had a riot.We will do it again next time at this location. Thanks Fred
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2013
We booked this hotel for the pool and slide. Received a call on our way that the slide was closed. Could have booked a cheaper hotel. Our son was very disappointed. Suggest you call the hotel direct before booking if taking children to see if the slidewill be open.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"good stay"
was nice everything worked bed was soft. wasnt loud
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013

"Very comfortable Hotel"
could not ask for much more
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Great place!"
Nice furnishings,everything looked fairly new, granite counter in bathroom,small fridge and coffee maker, comfy beds. Breakfast was great well stocked when supplies getting low - eggs, bacon, pancakes, great cinnamon buns, yogurt, fruit, cereal, toast, juice, coffee. Nice place.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids - South
Hi Coleen, Thank you for the review! We appreciate the positive feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you in the near future!
Other trip May 11, 2013

子供連れにはお勧めのプール
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Itoh
JP
"Un Hotel Practico y recomendable..."
Estuvimos ahí durante 5 días, los cuales tuvimos mucha tranquilidad en nuestra estancia. ademas esta muy bien ubicado, ya que se encuentra en una ubicación estratégica si vas a Chicago o a Detroit. Tiene muy cerca puntos de venta de alimentos y compra de combustible... en general muy agradable y recomiendo su contratación. Saludos, Esahw
Other trip Jul 28, 2014