All hotels in Newport, Rhode Island, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here142 Long Wharf, Newport, RI, 02840, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Nice harbor views."
We went to Newport for a couple days to see the Volvo Ocean Race boats and stayed at the Wyndham on the wharf. Great facility and harbor views. Thank you Wynham!
2 night family trip May 11, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel, very clean, right in the center of Newport. The staff went above and beyond make our stay special. We highly recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Shawna
"Spectacular"
This hotel was awesome. The room was beautiful and the pool and hit tubs and sauna were great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. This place was much more than I expected and is very close to all the shopping and restaurants.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"Wish they served breakfast."
Great view, nice rooms, easy parking. Great location for walking.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great place and location but internet worthless"
A real shame because great location and rooms but internet essentially nonfunctional and we need it even when on holiday.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Awesome views close to everything and extremely clean. That's all that matters in my book
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Close to EVERYTHING!"
We were able to walk to all the shops and has an unbelievable view.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Spotless and Beautiful View"
For me, the most important factor of any hotel is the cleanliness and Wyndham Long Wharf met my standards. I gave a rating of 4 in two categories; Comfort because the air conditioning was not the best. The unit is under the window in the sitting area and doesn't reach the bedroom area so well. I thought it was a little too warm sleeping even though we turned the thermostat down to 62 degrees. The hotel location was very convenient to the visitor's center if you wanted to utilize the trolley but it is a bit of a walk to the restaurants and shops along Thames Street. Overall, I would definitely recommend Wyndham Long Warf and I would definitely stay there again. One other point worth mentioning; because the tub is a hot tub type it is very high to step into. If you have difficulty stepping into a tub you might want to consider that. We did not have a problem but I would imagine older people might.
3 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
"Suprisingly bad"
First off, if you are looking for a hotel, steer clear of this location. This is more like an Air BnB rental where you are on your own if there is any problem. My room was not the cleanest, the phone did not work, nor did the wifi. When I reached out to the staff, it ended up being a lot of conversation and not much fixing. Next time, I would just stay at the Hyatt.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"great waterviews but no usable Intenet"
Loved the waterviews and room layout of this suite. Hated the Internet service. We stayed with 2 others in a different room and everyone had the same complaint. The ATT&T Internet service was hard to connect to, and once connected, it was slower than the worst dial-up I have ever experienced. We were attending a conference at a different hotel and Internet was important to all of us over a 4 day period. I would not stay at this hotel again as a result of this frustrating Internet experience. We tried multiple locations within the hotel, but they have simply not paid for a decent service.
3 night trip May 7, 2014
Bill and Cheryl
"Excellent Value"
We spent 2 nights at Wyndham at long Wharf. It was very convienent to everything and free parking big plus. The rooms are 1 bedroom condos with king sized beds. The rooms were tastefully decorated and in great condition.Would stay again .
2 night romance trip May 4, 2014
Cindy
"It was the perfect location"
had an amazing time and will go back again! it was an amazing weekend for everyone
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Megan
Indoor outdoor pool is fantastic. Room was clean. View of Narragansett bay was spectacular. Room Internet could have been better but no biggy....who needs to dial into work on vacation. All in all 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Cant say enough good things about this place!"
This place scores perfect in my opinion. The VIEW is spectacular and nothing could compare to it if you like water view. The view made our trip ! The sunsets are something like I never seen before. Clean, new, courteous, anything and everything you want.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
Monica
"Cant say enough good things about this place!"
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
Monica
"Perfection"
Absolute perfection, The room we had faced the harbor so the view was incredible. The hotel was recently renovated so the room was gorgeous. This is not a hotel it is a vacation timeshare so we had a 1 bedroom condo with a kitchen and living room . Also walking distance to all shops and restaurants. We plan on staying there again and again. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make sure our trip was memorable.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2013
Lucy
"great Newport location with pool"
Our room had a great view of the Harbor and couldn't have been in a better location to enjoy all the best Newport has to offer. Very pleased.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Wonderful stay!!!!!"
The Wyndham Inn on Long Wharf was perfect! The one bedroom condo overlooking the water was newly refurbished. It was stylish and immaculate. The service was top-notch as well. It is close to all the wonderful shopping and restaurants. Thank you!
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2013
Cheryl
"Would go back again!"
We were delightfully surprised! Our first time there, so we were taking a chance. But the place had just been renovated, so everything was brand new and beautiful. Loved the fact that there was a real kitchen and separate living room. Made the stay very pleasant.
Other trip May 11, 2013
"on the water and walking distance to everything"
The room was one of the best and cleanest I have had. Staff was awesome. Can't wait to stay there again.
2 night romance trip Mar 15, 2013
"Not as advertised"
To be fair, the tower where we were staying was under construction during our stay. However, while the hotel advertised free wi-fi, the signal was not strong enough anywhere throughout the entire facility. Also, while the hotel advertised an indoor pool, the water was so freezing cold that no one in their right mind could stand getting into it.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2013
"Don't stay here."
Should have known from the other reviews, but you can never tell how picky people are. Furniture was ripped in places and stained in others. Room and hallway smelled like a lobster boat. Bathroom was dirty. Carpet was dirty. Hallways are dirty. Doors are broken so anyone can enter the hotel at any time of the day or night. Bed and couch were so old and saggy I had to help my wife out of them (and we're in our 20s). Yes, it wasn't updated, but that's fine with us. I can handle an old TV if the place is clean and kept up. This place is run down and awful.
Other trip Aug 20, 2012
noname
"Unpleasant Experience"
I booked this hotel due to its proximity to a conference I was attending. Due to a busy schedule, I did not arrive until almost midnight. After they "lost my reservation", I presented them with a printed copy of my receipt, which in turn helped them "find" my reservation. In middle of night, they wanted a security guard to accompany me to my room which was totally inappropriate since i was by myself and did not wish to be sent to my room with a stranger. There was a terrible noise in the room (similar to a jackhammer) that kept me awake for 2 nights, their best remedy at first was to send maintenance (another stranger) to my room at 2:30 am. I was uncomfortable with this option and chose to seek help upon return from the conference the following day. This might have been the worst hotel stay I have ever encountered.
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2012

"Perfect room for a girls getaway!"
We were delighted with this room. The King bed is certainly bigger than you expect, the queen pull out is very comfortable, and the kitchen is so convenient. The views are spectacular and the small additions make the room (i.e. coffee and popcorn stocked in the kitchen, sheets and blankets for the pull-out, pots/pans/utensils in the kitchen, etc.) The Jacuzzi tub was a lovely surprise and the location couldn't have been more perfect to get to all of the best locations. The only thing I would add is more chairs on the roof and/or some outdoor seating by the water.
2 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2013
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
3 night trip Jun 28, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Wyndham Inn on Long Wharf

"Newport visit"
05/08/15 VerbBatonRouge Baton Rouge
We took a chance and booked a Time Share instead of a hotel because of the location. This property is within a few feet of the bay and has spectacular views. The sleeping quarters were separated from the rest of the area with doors and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. The kitchen sink was a little small. Others have mentioned the Internet. It is very poor. We knew that and did find that to be true. Great value for our purpose. Would stay again.
"Nice stay in Newport"
05/02/15 Anne F Caledon, Ontario, Canada
We arrived on April 26 for a week. The first impression of the unit was that the layout was a bit odd - walking right into the bedroom seemed strange but then we spent most of our time in the room overlooking the water so it made sense. The check in was friendly and efficient. The kitchen was miniscule and inefficient. It made washing dishes...because there is no dishwasher..challenging. The bathroom is very nice. The elevator is soooo slow. We were on the 5th floor so we would walk down the stairs but had to take the elevator up. We stayed at a Wyndham property in Panama City Beach so were expecting the unit to be comparable. We had difficulty operating our DVD player and the front desk sent someone up to our room immediately to help us! Excellent customer service. However, the location makes up for any disappointment with the unit. It's an easy walk to shops and Panera Bread. You have to drive to any of the mansions but that's an easy drive and there is parking there. The staff and location more than made up for any disappointment with the unit itself. Overall we really enjoyed our stay in Newport.
"Great Location in Newport"
04/22/15 djness
We stayed her April 8-12, 2015. The place was perfect. Even though it was cold and chilly the first few days we had a great time. The location is great and close to everything. The condo had a great view and we could see the sunset from out room. The staff was exceptional, and a special shout out to Amanda. She was so helpful with suggestions on where to eat and what to see. My only complaint is the WI FI. They are working on upgrading it. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. We also enjoyed the free movies at night with free popcorn.
"Great value!"
04/06/15 armypilot44 Staten Island, New York
Beautiful views from the room and top deck, perfect size for a family of 4 with two young kids. Great location...small walking distance to sights. Next door is food trailer for lobster bisque, rolls, etc. Across the street is the pool which was amazing having the indoor and outdoor connected. Plenty of parking. Would come again!!!
"Spring Break in Newport"
03/18/15 arazi1991 Alexandria, Virginia
Windy and cold, lots of rain and stormy clouds. Had booked a room with a view of the harbor but by the time we arrived all such rooms had been given to others who came earlier. Not the best policy but understandable, so arrive on time or early, not late. Room we booked had two bedrooms, one a king, the second two twin beds, queen sofa in the living room for more guests. No laundry facilities in the room which is a bit unusual for a Wyndham Resort. Spacious place, Jacuzzi in the en suite bathroom, walk in shower in the other bathroom. Kitchen, dining room and living room are pretty much all combined in the room we were given. Everything up to date and clean. Since we booked through a resort booking there was no mid-week or daily room straightening or removing used towels and bed making, which is fine and what we expected,. Since it isn't a hotel, shouldn't be expected to act like one. Nice indoor pool with warm water despite half the pool going outside in 28 degree weather outside. Didn't use the game room. The place is walking distance to most shops and decent restaurants so walked to these despite the weather. Tried a mansion tour which took about 2 hours for one mansion and spent about 15 minutes on the cliff walk (high winds and snow on the walk made this undoable,. Would definitely return as the room was a lot of bang for the buck. The staff was courteous and helpful.
"We Really Like This Place"
02/22/15 Ashford817 Rocky Point, New York
We stayed here our first time in Newport a number of years ago because it was offered through our RCI Timeshares. There are a number of other properties but we keep coming back to this one. We like being a bit off the main action area but still close to everything we like in town. The Inn itself is not huge (another plus). The units have a water view of the commercial harbor and the units have recently been refurbished very comfortably. We are planning on returning next month. Can't wait.
"Long Weekend In Newport"
02/20/15 Angelica T Harvard, Massachusetts
The room we had was ok with everything you need for a comfortable stay. Cleaning was only ok, didn't make the beds, change the sheets, it only seems she only vacuumed. The thing I will say is that when something was wrong the fixed it very fast. The kids enjoyed the pools and not many places have heated outdoor pools in the winter. The place is missing several things like an area where you can buy snacks and drinks. More activities for the kids the only thing they have are Wii and its always busy and some art and crafts thats not included in the stay.
"Room with a view, staff with a great attitude"
01/02/15 wilkworks Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Arrived at the hotel unsure of what to expect. But thanks to TA reviewers, when I got to the locked door, I knew a short hike was in order. This property is part of one of the two Wyndam "complexes" in Newport. Both complexes work the same way: 2 buildings that share one check-in desk. The weather was windy, but mild for December, so it really was a non-issue. I could see it being more of a pain in single-digit weather. Also, the hotel could probably make it more clear from the start. If it weren't for TA, I'm not sure I would have known what to do. We asked for a room above the 2nd floor & got one on the top floor. The view was great. If it was summer, tho, I might have been disappointed, since the view was thru the windows only, no balcony. It was an odd feeling, walking up to the full-length window and stopping right there. Felt like there should be more. The wifi service was spotty, but we made do. Honestly, that's all the negatives I found here. The staff was friendly & accommodating. Every single black-shirted person we passed made eye-contact, smiled brightly and wished us well. When we came back one night after dinner, we went to the desk to see if they had any decaf tea. They didn't. We said, "No problem. It was just a whim." 20 minutes later, there was a knock on our door. A young man with decaf tea-bags was on the other side. I don't know where he went to get the tea, but I felt like if I'd asked for Formosa Oolong, somehow he would have found it. The room was spotless & had everything we could want (except for the decaf tea, lol.) The location was great; just a short walk to Thames St. And in December, the prices are very reasonable. I have already recommended this hotel to friends & family, and now I recommend it to you.
"nice but still needs work"
11/20/14 messvin trumbull ct
nice place common areas still look tired, especially pool and sauna room. Locker rooms were trashed when we were there, including ceiling collapse in hall. Felt like no adults in charge, bunch of college age kids at desk. Nice locale, hopefully they will continue with remodel to common areas.
"Quiet spot with interesting water views"
10/26/14 terryw678 Holland, Massachusetts
Clean, spacious and recently upgraded. Great views of the working commercial part of the wharf. We enjoyed the quiet and didn't mind the walk to the heart of things. This time of year not having a balcony was ok, but I would not have felt the same during summer season. Wireless really stunk. Showed as working, but no actual internet. I just switched my phone back to 4G.