All hotels in Canmore, Alberta, Canada
107 Montane Road, Canmore, AB, T1W 3J2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"More than what I asked for"
I booked this room online site unseen, so when I arrived at the room it was quite a surprise to find but it was not a room, but an entire sweet! Two levels, full kitchen,living room, and bedroom. I was only staying two nights, so I really didn't get to use all of the room, but I did use was pretty nice.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Hotel is OK,"
It is bit confusing to locate reception to check-in as they have 3 lodges in same location, but Boards that not visible to find out the Check-in office.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Nice and quiet spot"
We liked the facility but would've appreciated some sort of cross ventilation as there was no air conditioning. The fan above the bed was off center and not well supported; when operated, it was extremely wobbly and we feared it may come crashing down on us. Loved the stay otherwise!
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize that the building you stayed in did not have cross ventilation in it, our condo board is currently receiving quotes to see how much this would cost to have installed in our Wolf Lodge and hopefully we will have this taken care of prior to our busy summer season. Overall I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay at the property. Next time you stay if you find the unit to hot please contact our guest services team and they will ensure to have fans brought up to the suite as our guests enjoyment is our number one priority at The Lodges at Canmore. Sincerely, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Harold
After several housekeeping issues were sorted out all worked out well. The staff did all in their power to make it a pleasant stay.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
This was perfect for the 4 of us. This was our first trip to Canmore and we were very happy with everything there was to do and see. Staff was great.We are looking at going again in 2015. The view was amazing from every window and balcony. No one wanted to leave.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
All was perfect. The only thing that was not "perfect" was that the blind in the room was broken and the bed was very noisy (it would make a noise everytine we sat on it!). Probably something broken in the mattress. Nothing major! We appreciated the A/C in the main room as it was very hot. We were happy with our one night stay and highly recommend it.
SJG
"Good Property, Good Location, Good Price"
We stayed twice at this location in a week. Both stays were enjoyable. The first room we got was in good repair but with some carpet wear. Other than that no issues. The second room we stayed in was perfectly cleaned and well taken care of. The price for a two bedroom was more reasonable then staying in two hotel rooms in other locations. The property is located easily off HWY 1 and close to downtown. We really liked the covered parking and the balcony. It also had a fireplace, even though we didnt use.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"Undisclosed incidental charge policy"
I was charged for incidentals before I checked out. Only after requesting to speak to the owner and manager did I receive an intelligent reponse to how their policy works. No managment available onsite when I checked out. This place could not print a receipt or cancelation of the incidental charges, yet would of had no problems whatsoever to charge my credit card at will.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Cleanliness and privacy"
I told the hotel staff at checkout how I found a long hair in the bed sheets and had to launder them. I asked the hotel staff a day or two before checkout to put in blinds or some kind of privacy apparatus on the balcony door. Nothing happened. I looked at the other doors to the balconies in this resort, and all the others had a blind on the door. I asked to be put in a room that is in a very quiet area, and was put in a room right next to the elevators. The noise was loud a few times. For how much they charge per night, I think it was way over priced for the quality of stay I was given.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"Avoid unit 120 in the summer"
While the cost was very reasonable, the quality of the facility leaves much to be desired. The front metal face feel loose from the oven door and its sharp edge posed a danger. It was fixed right away when we talked to the front desk. We did have to walk down to the desk as the phone would not connect us. The main problem was there was only a portable air conditioner in the living room which could not begin to cool the apartment. It was not on when we arrived at 4:00 o'clock so the apartment was quite hot and did not begin to cool down until after midnight. We were then the middle of September which turned out to be very warm in Canmore. I can not imagine it would be bearable in this unit in the summer. We did like the underground garage, and the Internet worked great.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2013
C Kirkland
"Comfortable Hotel"
Friendly staff, comfortable accomadations. Hotel is in good condition, but could use some updating. But the reasonable pricing, cleanliness, and roominess overrides that situation.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"A Memorable Place to stay near Banff!"
We stayed 2 nights on a family vacation to Banff. We stayed in a premium 2 bedroom suite ( # 411, Grizzly Lodge) - overlooking the mountains. The unit was very well furnished and had microwave, cups-plates, toaster, refrigerator etc. The carpet in the living room had a big spot - naybe a guest had accidentally spilt something? The in unit washer-dryer added even more convenience to our stay. Banff was a 15 minute drive. Overall a memorable place to stay.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2013
vikas
"I love the area and the facility"
I was in Canmore from June 27th till June 29th. This was during the massive flooding that hit Alberta. I was unable to move around and do anything. All of the roads were closed and I was unable to travel to Banff. Essentially I was stranded. A miserable trip to say the least. However, this does not effect my desire to return. I find the area to be relaxing and a wonderful place to vacation. The staff and the facilities are top notch. They did everything they could to make the stay as comfortable as possible. I plan to book there again next year.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Nice to stay at Canmore"
It was very nice to stay and see downtown of Canmore. It was nice trip in this lodge!!
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Min
The suite was inI serious need of refurbishing. Carpets are very old and need cleaning.
1 night trip May 13, 2013
"Cozy Lodge"
The lodge was very nice. with underground parking and excellent location
Other trip May 15, 2013
Strougall
"Just OK."
Carpets dirty. Elevator dirty. General lack of maintenance.
Other trip Jan 13, 2013
"offers conveniences of home"
our 3rd time at Lodges at Canmore; like the conveniences such as kitchen and washer/dryer; like the closeness to town (in walking distance); like the extra space, very much like being at home, great when you want some time away from your "loving" spouse; dislikes -- something is always broken, this time it was the floor heaters in both bathrooms; there is no guide on the TV so you are constantly surfing trying to find your favorite shows; carpet needs to be cleaned; overall it is a nice place and the conveniences and space are more than you could get from a traditional hotel room
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
Enjoyable and very reasonable. A real bargain for the price we paid. Only complaint would be that it would have been nice to have some chairs on the balcony.
Trip with friends Sep 23, 2012

"Just ok."
Our room was very small. Only 3 people could sit in the living room. The hide a bed was only a one person bed. Front desk staff didn't seem to go out of their way to be friendly. The maintenance man, however was very friendly and helpful. We will not stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Good stay, comfortable for 4."
Two adults and two teenagers stayed in the suite. It was well appointed, quiet, and comfortable. Pool was good. BBQ on the deck was a really nice touch. The fitness centre was a bit sparse, but in the Rockies, probably should just go outside to get our exercise. Great stay!
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Tony
"Good room, horrible Wifi"
The room was very clean and Comfortable. But the Wifi was horribly slow and it was very unstable. I kept getting disconnected.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Great condo for family vacation (4 adults)"
Quiet neighbourhood but close enough to walk into town easily. Our 2 bedroom + sofa bed was a great room, but a few kinks: the overhead fan in the master bedroom was not working (front desk aware, waiting on part), we had difficulty with wifi the entire 4 day stay, a night-lamp did not work. Front desk was quick to help as best they could, but some things were beyond their control. Great pool, hot tub and fitness centre, and a great base camp for day trips to Banff and Lake Louise.
4 night family trip May 31, 2015
"Great service and beautiful suites!"
When we first arrived, we noticed some issues with room cleanliness but even at 11pm at night the staff were incredibly friendly, understanding and helpful!! The units are gorgeous and the hot tub and heated pool access make for some relaxing evenings! This was my second time staying at lodges at canmore and definitely won't be my last!
2 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Angelo
"Very Comfortable"
Just needed a place for a night for 3 of us co-workers so 3 separate beds. They had a 2 bed unit at an affordable price which was very adequate, quiet and comfortable. Still felt new. Bed was comfortable just like at home.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Jerrold
"Low quality lodginging trying to play in a high qu"
The kitchen floor had gravel all over it when we arrived. There was no handle on the glass shower door, the dish washer was not installed properly as every time you opened the door the dishwasher would fall out of the opening in the counter. There were no lids for the frying pans, no spatula to lift eggs from the frying pans.
3 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Neil
"Amazing place to stay"
Nice and clean hotel. Excellent choice for those who would like to cook by themselves.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
alex
"Not well looked after"
There were many maintenance issues that had not been fixed and the place had not had a thorough cleaning for a long time.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Hottub"
Solid hotel/condos. not over the top luxurious but very comfortable and clean.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"A restless night"
We encountered a few issues with our stay. The carpet was stained, the dead bolt on the door didn't close, the phone didn't work, the fireplace pilot light was off, the underground garage door was so narrow we had to tuck in our side mirrors. The staff was helpful but, weren't able to solve most of our issues.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Nice Canmore Lodge with Kitchenette"
A nice room for a Canmore getaway. Kitchenette would be nice with a family or group. Close walk to Main St. Nice thing is that you don't hear the trains compared to some other hotels we've stayed at. Has a nice rustic mountain feel. Great off season price.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Relaxing, conveniently located and clean"
A short family stay. Found staff very friendly; maintenance and housekeeping prompt when requested. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Would love to return sometime.
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Good Afternoon clpa467; Thank you for your great review! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Lodges at Canmore; from our friendly staff, to the cleanliness and comfort of our suites we like to have guests feel that they are truly stay in their home away from home! I would love to welcome you back in the future! Kind Regards, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
clpa467
"Outside looks nice. Inside different story."
We booked 2. One bedroom suites. One huge,nice furniture,lots of room. The other, small, dingy furniture,cramped. There was no air circulation in either suite. So hot we had to open balcony door. Will never book this place again. Paid same rate for both suites.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Carole
"Hotel with Peace and nice view"
Room was comfy, clean and beautiful It had all facilities a couple can ask for Surprise package was all kind of cutleries, plates and bowls Great place...
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Thank you for your great review mick! I am glad to see that you enjoyed staying at The Lodges at Canmore. Staying in our lodge is always a nice surprise, especially when you're not expecting a full kitchen! All of our suites are equipped with full kitchens with amenities similar to what you can find at home. I would like to welcome you back to our property in the near future! Kind Regards, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
mick
"Can't go wrong"
A nice place, small issues only. Garage door card scanner barely reads cards. Kitchen range hood, tho it seemed to have proper ducting, just blows air in your face. We set the smoke detector off cooking bacon as the small amount of smoke had nowhere to go. The 2-story layout is nice but open. We had an 8mo old baby, and there was nowhere to put his playpen that wasn't in the way. Also no doors except on bathrooms, so we couldn't isolate him. We had the simple suite tho, so that's our mistake. Otherwise, very nice.
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Thank you for your review! I am glad to see that you enjoyed staying at The Lodges at Canmore despite a couple of issues during your stay. It sounds like you stayed in one of our lofted units; if you are looking for more private suite I would recommend booking into one of our 1 bedroom premium suites. The one bedroom premium suite is all on one level, with one bedroom closed off, one 4 piece bathroom, a full kitchen with all amenities provided from home, and a living room with a queen size pull out couch. Thank you again! Kind Regards, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
3 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
"Condo with everything you need"
Like a home away from home. Lots of room and ability to do our own cooking - but easier somehow.
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Lodges at Canmore. I have heard from guests that while on vacation even though they're cooking it is a different feel. It must be the fresh mountain air and the relaxation felt while staying at our Lodge. I would love to welcome you back to The Lodges at Canmore in the future! Kind Regards, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"very dirty"
When we arrived we really liked the room but upon walking around we noticed how filthy it was. Two big walls were entirely splattered with something bbowl (looked to be pop). The drawers had crumbs in them and the carpet was not vacuumed. We have a 1 year old daughter so I was nervous to even let her play on the floor. Our room was do hot it felt like a sauna. Even though when we booked it said air conditioning available there was none in our suite. When we called maintenance to figure out why it was so hot he was rude and did not help at all. We have stayed before a few years ago and we're very satisfied but this time was awful. We will not be returning
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Good Afternoon Nik; I would like to apologize for the lack of service that you received during your previous stay at The Lodges at Canmore. We were just starting up as a new property management company at that point which is by no means an excuse as guest enjoyment is our number one priority at The Lodges at Canmore. I would like to welcome you back in the future to our resort in the future and hopefully be able to change your mind on the products provided. Sincerely, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Nik
"A bit dated but good"
We rented a two-bed, 2 bath condo for 2 nights. While the decor is a bit dated, we found the suite to be clean and functional. The Only issue we had was a shower head in disrepair. The staff were very accommodating.
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Thank you for your review Roxanne; I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Lodges at Canmore especially how truly customer experience oriented all staff are! As a new rental management company we are currently in the process of contacting the owners of each individual suite to see about updating decor and hope that this venture will work well. Next time you come to stay with us, might I suggest booking our premium suites? These units are located in our Grizzly lodge and showcase stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and is our newest building. I would like to welcome you back in the future! Kind Regards, Tanya Whelan Guest Services manager
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Roxanne
"Lodges of Canmore stay"
6 of my family members stayed in the condo andit was comfortable.It was a 20minute drive to Banff national park . The condo was comfortable but I wished they replenish things like coffee, towels etc every day or everyday other day.
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Thank you for your review! I am glad to see that you enjoyed the Lodges at Canmore and the convenience it is staying while so close to all the Bow Valley has to offer! While we do not replenish items on a daily basis having "vacation style" housekeeping which is a full clean on the 4th day of a guests stay. However any guests that would like items replaced such as coffee, shampoo & conditioner etc. can either call down to front desk or come down to visit us and a member of our guest services team will have the items brought up to your suite. I hope to see you again at our property again in the future! Kind Regards, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
vinu
Room keys are really really bad. Had them replaced 3 times in 10 min. Other than that it was a pleasant experience
Response by Lodges at Canmore
Thank you for your review Steve; I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay at The Lodges at Canmore regardless of the key situation! Kind Regards, Tanya Whelan Guest Services Manager
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
steve
"Great stay In good location"
We found the place very clean, updated and cosy... Comfortable bed, kitchen had everything you need. Only reason i didn't give 5/5 because swimming pool and hot tub was under construction in our condos (grizzly)..
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Pete
"Won't stay here again"
Terrible service, very clear the staff is untrained and have no accountability I was ignored when I tried to check in, she was too busy chatting with the manager to acknowledge me. After I painfully waited for her to check me in she informed me the grizzy lodge hot tub was broken and we could use the main facility pool. Upon entry to our room I did my standard inspection of the sheets, and yes they were dirty. We went to the front desk and She said they will send some clean sheets up, we asked do you put them on? She told us no cause we're not really like a hotel. Apparently my expectations are too high, 4 hours later still no sheets.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
peter
"Okay hotel, not so nice room"
The facilities at this hotel were nice and the overall look of the hotel was fairly nice but the room we were given were not. Room had a very strong odour, several large stains on the carpet and stains on the sofa. Asked for a room change but couldn't because it was the long weekend and they had no rooms available. Told the staff at checkout about our room and were told that they would let house keeping know. No discount or free upgrade for our next stay were offered. We will not be back here and would not recommend it to our friends!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Nice condo/hotel but not worth the price"
Our room was ok however I hated that we could not open a window for fresh air! The only window that would have opened had the air condition machine attached to it. Could have opened deck door but no screen so critters could have come in. Therefore it was stuffy in there. We also found the bed uncomfortable and bottom sheet was a bit abrasive. Need softer sheets! I also noticed the bottom of the toilet was dirty. Yuck. rugs were dirty. If I was to stay there again i want a better room!
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Cari
"Our Stay At The Lodges Of Canmore"
We arrived to The Lodges of Canmore, from a day of exercise. All we wanted to do was go have a hot bath and settle into bed and watch TV. When we walked into our room, I noticed other peoples black hair all over the bathroom floors. I then went to get my daughter settled into the pull out sofa bed, and noticed no bedding. I searched the room and there was no bedding for her anywhere. I then figured she could sleep with us and opened the bedding on the Master Suite, there was other peoples long black hair in the bedding among other things. My boys opened their bedding and again other peoples hair and sand in the sheets. We called the girl at the desk and complained, asking to speak to a manger. She stated somebody would get back to us, never happened. We called two more times and eventually had to go down to the desk, the girl at the desk told us she had another room for us to look at, to see if it was CLEAN enough for us. (sarcastically stated to us) She circled the building on a map, we went in search of it and after 15 minutes of walking came across the address but on a totally different street then what was on the map. The manager of the new suite took us on a long tour until we found the room. Again no sheet on the sofa bed. AND, I physically had to pull the mattress off and dump the junk off the mattress and sweep the fabric under the mattress because of food/dirt. I took a photo it was that gross. The rest of the room was good and the bedding clean.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Jenn
"nice but dirty"
hotel was nice but the room was very dirty. food crumbs under the couch. lots of hair on the floor and even the pillows. lots of dust on the fans. and it turns out booking through hotels.com does not mean you get the room you called on. was told i was getting 2 bedroom with 4 queen beds. got 1 king and 2 singles. and the 1 king was actually 2 singles pushed together. luckily there was a pull out couch or else we wouldn't have been able to all stay in the same room. beds not very comfortable.
4 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
christyn
"Disappointing/Dirty"
Unfriendly/unhelpful staff. Dirty Room (carpet disguisting). Needs up keep or reno despit being a newer facility.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Hotel of the future"
Well, perhaps not that spectacular. The concept though is way better than most common hotel chains - small rooms with a bed and tiny en-suite. This is a condo/apartment style hotel, meaning spacious. The staff is pretty much invisible, but this really isn't an issue for us - we don't need someone lurking wondering if everything is 'alright'. We'd stayed a couple nights at the Hyatt before coming to the Lodges and I have to say this hotel knocks the socks off the Hyatt. It has similar amenities: fitness rooms, hot tubs, heated pool, underground parking (BTW the Hyatt charges extra for this) but at a more reasonable price. We found it difficult to relax at the Hyatt, but not here. I'd have no problem choosing to stay at the Lodges at Canmore for our next trip!
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Lodge close to Banff National Park"
Had a portable air con unit in the living room which was a little too noisy to leave running at night, but a very nice apartment easy access to the garage and a clean swimming pool.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
We tried to check in early but were told the room was not ready. We came back at 4pm which is the official check in time and it was still not ready. Waited 45 minutes in the lobby with 3 kids until our room was ready and when we arrived, it was still being cleaned.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014