All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Quite clean
    Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
"Cheap but cool"
It was close to everything but the room is outdated with it's 1980 style tv room was really small. The food was ok but you get 10% off. one of the bar maids had a nasty attitude. Other than that it Ok, cheap
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Dequinta
"We were pleasantly surprised beyond expectatiions"
The staff were extra helpful, room clean and comfortable, the A/C was awesome on the hottest days of summer. it was a very pleasant stay near the event we were attending.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
B
"Good Value"
Building and furnishings are dated but the room was clean. Inexpensive mattress on bed was in good condition. Hair dryer did not work but the staff provided another dryer to use during our stay. Convenient location and helpful staff.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Good Hotel and friendly ."
Front desk people were extremely nice. We got a nice room, comfortable beds.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
Cece
The smell in the room was gusting when we enterred. Became better after we opened the window. The furniture is very old fashioned.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Thin Walls"
The hotel has gone through some renovation. The rooms are clean and appear great until the person in the next room turns on the TV, or coughs or talks. The staff was pleasant. There is no one on staff from 12:00 midnight to 7:00am. A cellphone number was provided. We were woken up by the loud TV next door on at 4:00am but no one to call to fix the problem. Glad it was not a fight next door!!
Response by Tally Ho Hotel
Thank you Teddi for your recent stay with the Tally Ho Hotel. I would like to offer you my sincere apology on your disappointing experience you have encountered during early hours of the morning. Your feedback is deeply appreciated and we are currently working on this matter to make further improvement. With respect to no staff being available during the hours of Midnight to 7AM, there is a phone number provided on the guest room phones and in the lobby to assist our valued guests at all times. Hope we could have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Tally Ho. Kind Regards, Richard Sung Front Desk Manager
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Teddi
The room was smelly, filled with cigarette smoke , even though I reserved a non smoking room.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
DaY
"Very nice Hotel clerks"
Very happy with the hotel. The only problem was that the air condition did not work. The next day we were moved into a new room without problem. The location was a long walk to the tourist center, but not to bad. The courtesy and professionalism of the hotel clerks was excellent.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Quite good
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
MASIUL
"old but excellent"
nicely maintained, basic but excellent
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"cheap ok hotel"
If you are not looking for anything fancy and just need a place to stay, this is the place.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2013
sk
"Excellant Value"
We have stayed in this hotel before and really enjoy it. The price is very reasonable. Restaurant good food at good price. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We are cyclistist and the bike paths are very close to hotel. Only thing that was inconvienent was that the Hotel was under construction during our stay and it would have been nice to be informed of this prior to our arrival.
6 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Greg T.
"Pool Slide"
Pool slide for kids and good restaurant are the pluses. Minuses include bed like a floating brick (hard but whole thing shifted when you move), the air conditioner sounded like it was about to explode any minute, and having to be over vigilant about charges. If you have more than 1 person you pay an extra person fee. Expedia collects this but they tried to charge me twice for this and then tried to charge me again for the room as a whole. Nice enough when issue pointed out. Wifi works well and air conditioners do not explode but are very old and noisy. They are doing external renovations so maybe they will move to internal ones soon.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Clean, quiet, comfortable. Staff especially in the lounge were great. Parking was a little scarce.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2013
"Personable but disappointing"
Not knowing areas of Victoria, we were surprised at the location of our hotel in a run down part of town. Employees were helpful and friendly. Hotel was under construction which made parking difficult. Our room had no shower, only bath, and no closet, which was not described in info about room.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2013
"Checked out early due to condition"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was absolutely disgusting; blood on sheets, smelled of smoke, ladies hairs (several) stuck to the wall in the bathroom, cracked tub and sink and the TV did not work. We changed rooms once due to the smell. 2nd room not any better. Stayed one night due to how late we checked in but left early the next day and did not stay for the remainder of our time at this destination. Everything in the area is boarded up and so should this hotel. Hotel staff would not allow us to check out early and were not helpful at all.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
Simpsons

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Pretty Good"
Pretty great stay altogether. Was very pleased with how quite it was. Would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2016
Cody
"Don't go back"
To Whom It May Concern When I checked in and I went in the room, the bed was dirty, female hair was on the bed sheets.......reported that to the front desk and I got another room. The sink and the tub they both were plugged, and didn't have a proper drainage.............and this was in the second room, after I changed from the first one, with the female hair in bed. And the bed it was made like is ready to be used by a new customer.......... In the restaurant, the staff and service was good but the food it was lousy man.
2 night business trip Oct 23, 2015
Ioan
"Good location, friendly staff"
I had a great stay at Tally Ho. Excellent customer service and very courteous and well-mannered staff who were willing to go out of the way to help you. The hotel is clean, and the rooms are comfortable. The reception is not 24 hours, though that did not cause any problems for me. The location is Gold! Just outside the downtown core, it's situated on Douglas Ave, it was pretty convenient for us travelling without our car. It's a 7-8 min bus ride away from downtown with plenty of buses every few minutes (even on a Sunday/Holiday). It's also located along the bus routes for Butchart Gardens and Swarz Bay ferry terminal. We barely missed our car during our stay here. There's also a decent choice of restaurants nearby and a restaurant and sports bar on site. Lastly, I'd like to mention that the desk staff was exceptional. We had to checkout a day earlier, and they were able to accommodate our request and refunds(through expedia) without any problems. Very happy with my stay here and would definitely recommend it to everyone.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
S
"Sufficiently comfortable."
The hotel was comfortable and clean.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2015
Wayne
It's very noisy, and the hotel is really old. Even though they tried to keep it clean , I don't like the smell. But the receptionist are nice.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Older building with 2nd floor accessed by stairs. Good value and a good location.
5 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Jeffrey
Nice staff. Not that comfortable. Good in that it was easy access to the airport. Nice mall within walking distance.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
Lawrence
Needed a hotel near UVic and Saanich which was on the way from the ferry terminal. This worked out well for our needs.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Dwayne
Very clean, Two huge king sized bed are good for our family of 4. Excellent location for shopping - huge shopping mall is across the street.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Hanson
Stayed two weeks during late summer. Hotel located approx 20-25 min walk from downtown core (where I spent much time) on major bus routes and amid an array of shopping and dining venues. Room was clean and comfy, staff friendly and helpful. Good value for the money. Would stay again on my next trip to Victoria.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Tally Ho"
sketchy people are around, but the location is good.
4 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"one night get away"
For the price wasn't too bad. You had to physically turn on/off the TV as it was not linked to the remote. Clean and comfortable beds with good water pressure (always a plus).
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
terry
The AC was very loud when it started up throughout the night.... not sure anything can be done about that - otherwise the our stay was fine.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Darlene
"A reasonable room for a reasonable price!"
A nice, short visit. The facilities were good, with a great pool. Room was nice and roomy.
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Douglas
"A great Tally Ho experiance."
Front desk was very customer friendly at all times , pool was not as clean as expected and towels handed out for use in pool were too small. Room was excellent but television was old and not so clear. Overall we would stay here again as long as the price remains in completion with other motels or offer a slightly less price.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Dorothy
"Nice stay for our honeymoon"
My wife and I stayed at the Tally Ho recently while on our honeymoon. It was a very enjoyable stay, the rooms were very clean and cleaned daily, the restaurant and sports bar were enjoyable. It is very conveniently located within a few minutes drive or bus to downtown and has a shopping mall and a shopping centre within walking distance. One thing that stood out for us though more than anything else was the service of the staff, they were extremely friendly and accommodating. My wife and I were really impressed with the level of great service we received. It is a fun, friendly atmosphere that helped my wife and I feel at home away from home. If you are going to Victoria for a stay, we would highly recommend this place.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Gord
"Not as Anticipated"
We have stayed at the Tally Ho before and enjoyed our stay. The restaurant has great food and the staff are very friendly. However this stay we had asked for the room to be cleaned on day two and wanted clean towels etc. We did put out the sign for maid service and we left at 11 am. When we came back latter in the day the room had not been cleaned and cleaning staff had left for the day. We were offered another room however it was lesser presence than what we had. Old TV, bed practically on the floor. My next visit to Victoria I will be looking for other choices. Very disappointed.
3 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
"Tally Ho Stay"
Since our stay was for mainly for children, it would have been nice to be informed that the pool would not be open. Booking for 4 guests, would have thought our room would have had enough towels for 4 instead of 2 and having to request more. After arriving, was informed that there would be a $100 deposit, but since I was paying with a debit card/or cash, it would be $200. So my debit card was charged $200 (not just authorized). Then later it was corrected by crediting my account and pre authorizing it for $100. Could have been more pleasant.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
TERESA
"Old property and not cleaned."
Rooms were dirty. we find out many(yes) hair on the bed and bed is almost dead they should replace them as soon as possible other wise they will see many more guest writing such review. coffee machine was not cleaned. Staff was ok. Restaurant in the hotel was good.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Won't consider it next time."
well we booked 3 rooms and the condition of other two were almost similar to the one I was having. The mattresses were almost broken, sheets have hairs of previous guests and the blanket was awful. Food at the hideaway restaurant was delicious.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"good for a quick overnight"
hotel is clean, excellent restaurant next door..great staff..good for a quick stay over.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Angela
"Not too bad for its name"
Nice stay, could use some renovation.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Staff were not kind"
The staff were not nice or helpful. Came into my room un announced. Not cool
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"good location"
close to everything. the building is a bit old and smelly. And there is always some noise from upstairs whenever someone uses washroom there.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"It was a pleasant stay. Quite comfortable."
The staff is excellent. The location was conveniently close to downtown and within a few minutes drive of the main tourist area. The room was comfortable and I had no negative experiences. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
L
We stopped over at Tally-Ho before heading to Bear Mountain for a golf weekend, not knowing what to expect we had pretty low expectations, but I was so pleased with the hotel. The 2 people we interacted with on check in and check out were superb in manner and helpfulness and the hotel had a nice feel to it, very well kept. I would definitely stay there again. Just a note if you have mobility challenges, there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, just ask to stay on the 1st and you are all set.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"probably won't stay here again"
I booked this hotel because it was one of the last ones available. I had wanted to stay in a downtown located hotel. For someone not caring about that, this is a good location with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. The wifi is was too weak to use likely because the hotel was full. Our room was on the lower level right by the pool and some male guests were outside our room drinking and were very loud. I won't stay here again because I prefer downtown but for a family, the pool is great and there's a good restaurant in the hotel.
Randi
hotel receptionists were really nice and polite. room was pretty clean. free parking and wifi. location is probably 5-10 min driving from Downtown victoria, we wanted to stay away from downtown because its too crowded in Downtown, so we were very satisfied with this hotel. Mayfair shopping mall is walking distance probably 10 min walking distance from the hotel, Denny's restaurant 5-10 min walking as well.
"Pleasant surprise."
We didn't expect accommodations to be as comfortable as what we got when we checked in at the Tally Ho. The pool was another fine discovery after having walked the entire day through Victoria. The staff members were kind and courteous and finally the breakfast in the restaurant was wonderful. We'll surely come again in the near future.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Quiet and plain"
Given the Tally Ho is located on a busy street, near a shopping mall and a car lot, it is a quiet motel that attracts sedate patrons. Beds are comfortable, but the cleaning staff seemed to do the minimum, for example, the carpet could have used more vacuuming. Some supplies were replaced, some not. Interiors are somewhat gloomy, but desk staff are cheerful and smiling. Wireless works well. Room seemed small and cramped for what I paid.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Janice
"Great Location and Staff"
Recently I took my 12 year old granddaughter for a week long vacation on Vancouver Island. I decided to spend the last 4 days near Victoria, and make day trips around the island. I found that I was close to major routes to take me anywhere I wanted to go and the staff went out of their way to help with arrangements and directions. We took the bus into Victoria to avoid looking for parking - this was quick, easy and economical. Our room had a microwave and fridge as well as a TV. The hotel is under renovation, but this did not interrupt our sleep. There is a sports bar, but even when it was busy, the noise could not be heard in our room. The restaurant had a large varied menu which we enjoyed. They even had a breakfast special at a reduced price weekdays. You could eat inside or outside if the weather was warm. There were very few negatives, and we enjoyed out stay. I would stay there again should I visit Victoria in the future.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Inner City"
Staff was pleasant and overall cleanliness was average. Some upgrades done to the rooms were nice but could have been completed in full (the small stuff counts)
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Comfortable beds"
Entrance to hotel is ok but try to find the exit. I finally just went out the entrance ways, as far as I could see there was four entrances and no exits.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Brenda
Nice hotel. A little dated. Rooms were clean to the eye but noticed stains on the curtains and needs a good vaccume behind the beds. Excellent customer service. Kids loved the pool.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014