All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3020 Douglas St, Victoria, BC, V8T 4N4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Thin Walls"
The hotel has gone through some renovation. The rooms are clean and appear great until the person in the next room turns on the TV, or coughs or talks. The staff was pleasant. There is no one on staff from 12:00 midnight to 7:00am. A cellphone number was provided. We were woken up by the loud TV next door on at 4:00am but no one to call to fix the problem. Glad it was not a fight next door!!
Response by Tally Ho Hotel
Thank you Teddi for your recent stay with the Tally Ho Hotel. I would like to offer you my sincere apology on your disappointing experience you have encountered during early hours of the morning. Your feedback is deeply appreciated and we are currently working on this matter to make further improvement. With respect to no staff being available during the hours of Midnight to 7AM, there is a phone number provided on the guest room phones and in the lobby to assist our valued guests at all times. Hope we could have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Tally Ho. Kind Regards, Richard Sung Front Desk Manager
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Teddi
The room was smelly, filled with cigarette smoke , even though I reserved a non smoking room.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
DaY
"Very nice Hotel clerks"
Very happy with the hotel. The only problem was that the air condition did not work. The next day we were moved into a new room without problem. The location was a long walk to the tourist center, but not to bad. The courtesy and professionalism of the hotel clerks was excellent.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Quite good
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
MASIUL
"old but excellent"
nicely maintained, basic but excellent
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"cheap ok hotel"
If you are not looking for anything fancy and just need a place to stay, this is the place.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2013
sk
"Excellant Value"
We have stayed in this hotel before and really enjoy it. The price is very reasonable. Restaurant good food at good price. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We are cyclistist and the bike paths are very close to hotel. Only thing that was inconvienent was that the Hotel was under construction during our stay and it would have been nice to be informed of this prior to our arrival.
6 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Greg T.
"Pool Slide"
Pool slide for kids and good restaurant are the pluses. Minuses include bed like a floating brick (hard but whole thing shifted when you move), the air conditioner sounded like it was about to explode any minute, and having to be over vigilant about charges. If you have more than 1 person you pay an extra person fee. Expedia collects this but they tried to charge me twice for this and then tried to charge me again for the room as a whole. Nice enough when issue pointed out. Wifi works well and air conditioners do not explode but are very old and noisy. They are doing external renovations so maybe they will move to internal ones soon.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Clean, quiet, comfortable. Staff especially in the lounge were great. Parking was a little scarce.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2013
"Personable but disappointing"
Not knowing areas of Victoria, we were surprised at the location of our hotel in a run down part of town. Employees were helpful and friendly. Hotel was under construction which made parking difficult. Our room had no shower, only bath, and no closet, which was not described in info about room.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2013
"Checked out early due to condition"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was absolutely disgusting; blood on sheets, smelled of smoke, ladies hairs (several) stuck to the wall in the bathroom, cracked tub and sink and the TV did not work. We changed rooms once due to the smell. 2nd room not any better. Stayed one night due to how late we checked in but left early the next day and did not stay for the remainder of our time at this destination. Everything in the area is boarded up and so should this hotel. Hotel staff would not allow us to check out early and were not helpful at all.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
Simpsons

"Tally Ho Stay"
Since our stay was for mainly for children, it would have been nice to be informed that the pool would not be open. Booking for 4 guests, would have thought our room would have had enough towels for 4 instead of 2 and having to request more. After arriving, was informed that there would be a $100 deposit, but since I was paying with a debit card/or cash, it would be $200. So my debit card was charged $200 (not just authorized). Then later it was corrected by crediting my account and pre authorizing it for $100. Could have been more pleasant.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
TERESA
"good for a quick overnight"
hotel is clean, excellent restaurant next door..great staff..good for a quick stay over.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Angela
"Not too bad for its name"
Nice stay, could use some renovation.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Staff were not kind"
The staff were not nice or helpful. Came into my room un announced. Not cool
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"good location"
close to everything. the building is a bit old and smelly. And there is always some noise from upstairs whenever someone uses washroom there.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"It was a pleasant stay. Quite comfortable."
The staff is excellent. The location was conveniently close to downtown and within a few minutes drive of the main tourist area. The room was comfortable and I had no negative experiences. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
L
We stopped over at Tally-Ho before heading to Bear Mountain for a golf weekend, not knowing what to expect we had pretty low expectations, but I was so pleased with the hotel. The 2 people we interacted with on check in and check out were superb in manner and helpfulness and the hotel had a nice feel to it, very well kept. I would definitely stay there again. Just a note if you have mobility challenges, there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, just ask to stay on the 1st and you are all set.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"probably won't stay here again"
I booked this hotel because it was one of the last ones available. I had wanted to stay in a downtown located hotel. For someone not caring about that, this is a good location with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. The wifi is was too weak to use likely because the hotel was full. Our room was on the lower level right by the pool and some male guests were outside our room drinking and were very loud. I won't stay here again because I prefer downtown but for a family, the pool is great and there's a good restaurant in the hotel.
Randi
hotel receptionists were really nice and polite. room was pretty clean. free parking and wifi. location is probably 5-10 min driving from Downtown victoria, we wanted to stay away from downtown because its too crowded in Downtown, so we were very satisfied with this hotel. Mayfair shopping mall is walking distance probably 10 min walking distance from the hotel, Denny's restaurant 5-10 min walking as well.
"Pleasant surprise."
We didn't expect accommodations to be as comfortable as what we got when we checked in at the Tally Ho. The pool was another fine discovery after having walked the entire day through Victoria. The staff members were kind and courteous and finally the breakfast in the restaurant was wonderful. We'll surely come again in the near future.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Quiet and plain"
Given the Tally Ho is located on a busy street, near a shopping mall and a car lot, it is a quiet motel that attracts sedate patrons. Beds are comfortable, but the cleaning staff seemed to do the minimum, for example, the carpet could have used more vacuuming. Some supplies were replaced, some not. Interiors are somewhat gloomy, but desk staff are cheerful and smiling. Wireless works well. Room seemed small and cramped for what I paid.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Janice
"Great Location and Staff"
Recently I took my 12 year old granddaughter for a week long vacation on Vancouver Island. I decided to spend the last 4 days near Victoria, and make day trips around the island. I found that I was close to major routes to take me anywhere I wanted to go and the staff went out of their way to help with arrangements and directions. We took the bus into Victoria to avoid looking for parking - this was quick, easy and economical. Our room had a microwave and fridge as well as a TV. The hotel is under renovation, but this did not interrupt our sleep. There is a sports bar, but even when it was busy, the noise could not be heard in our room. The restaurant had a large varied menu which we enjoyed. They even had a breakfast special at a reduced price weekdays. You could eat inside or outside if the weather was warm. There were very few negatives, and we enjoyed out stay. I would stay there again should I visit Victoria in the future.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Inner City"
Staff was pleasant and overall cleanliness was average. Some upgrades done to the rooms were nice but could have been completed in full (the small stuff counts)
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Comfortable beds"
Entrance to hotel is ok but try to find the exit. I finally just went out the entrance ways, as far as I could see there was four entrances and no exits.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Brenda
Nice hotel. A little dated. Rooms were clean to the eye but noticed stains on the curtains and needs a good vaccume behind the beds. Excellent customer service. Kids loved the pool.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Tracey
"Close to all must-see sights"
The room is clean; the service is excellent; the swimming pool is very nice and the hotel location is 20 minutes walk from the main tourist attractions. However due to the king size beds, the room space is quite small as well the washroom.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Ricardo Silva
"Great stay and great location"
We knew that the hotel had undergone improvements and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and well stocked. The front desk personel were very helpfull and friendly. Would definately stay again
2 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
Katherine B
The room is clean the bed is alright. The only problem is the air condition. Its too loud we couldnt sleep properly.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Gopro
"Biggest beds"
We were last minutes clients. Very hard to find hotels around this season at the last minutes. The location is quite far from downtown centre if you want to walk on foot to have fine dinner there. rooms were smelly and looked not fresh. Near by pool. Kids had fun in the pool. I had my 2 kids with me, so I appreciated the King size beds very much. We did have a great sleep.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Bag got stolen right outside our door"
Couldnt belive it! And still no help from Tally Ho... Apparently there are absolutly no cameras therefor we cannot investigate. Left our bag at our door for no longer than 3 mins and it was gone! Somone just walked by and stole it?! Everything from passports to new suites where in there:( Tally Ho get some better guests!!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"no title"
Hotel was satisfactory. Roast beef dinner was terrible. Tough meat, no taste. Had to douse it with salt before I could put it in my mouth. David
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"EXCELLENT HOTEL, STAFF AND WONDERFUL VALUE!"
Need I say more, just a wonderful experience!!! Hotel was very clean, staff very friendly and accommodating, great pool area, and just a super restaurant. The rooms were really nice!!!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Confy bed. not bad for price. good location
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"Thrifty, comfortable, convenient"
I am on a tight budget so can't afford the Empress. So this was a great hotel. Very caring staff. Hotel is dated as is restaurant but food was good, staff friendly and swift service. Room was pristine clean. Away from bar noise of central downtown but still accessible to everything I needed like banks, shops etc also to public transport if needed.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Irene
"Nice hotel even though under renovations"
Hard to rate staff overall , however one staff was exceptional. The rooms were very nicely laid out and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Gail
"only one night , very noisy , thin walls,"
We were in a room, on the main level, which was designated accessible , however , that was the only good thing. It was at the end of a long hall, which was right beside the door to the bar / entertainment room. Which seemed to be used by the public? The young people who came back and forth frequently, were not aware of the noise they created by opening and closing the bar door. We were not impressed at the crowd of rowdys who were staying across the hall! Although there was a sign that said the bar closed at 11 pm ? The plumbing was back to back with the suite next door , which was very loud each time they flushed or had a shower . The walls were paper thin. The sheets were all rumpled , and the counters were not wiped clean It was a very unhappy night for us !
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
judy
"Good value for the price"
It has been nicely upgraded since I was last there several years ago
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Not worth the stay"
The room smelled terrible and it never went away. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful.
Response by Tally Ho Hotel
Thanks for your comments, as you may have seen when you stayed at the Tally Ho, we began upgrading rooms on April 7. Obviously your room was one which had not yet been upgraded. The current round of improvements will finish by June 30th and the balance of improvements will commence in October 2014. With the completion of the upgrades we will continue to be a budget level hotel. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Close to mall, access to pub, restaurant."
Pleasant customer service, lots of advice, helpful, not harping for you to get out at checkout, okay with pets, handy to Mayfair shopping mall and others close by.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Do not stay here!"
This was a last minute booking as we had to stay on unexpectedly after checking out of our hotel. We went onto Expedia and picked this hotel as it was close to somewhere we had to be early the next morning. Very shabby hotel, thin blanket, thin pillows, no extra bedding anywhere. Very poorly kept up, even the bathroom taps were mismatched and malfunctioning. The evening staff was pleasant when we checked in, but there was no one on the desk for at least 15 minutes when we were trying to check out, despite ringing the bell several times. If we had not booked with expedia, non-refundable, that day, we would not have stayed there! Live and learn, I guess.
Response by Tally Ho Hotel
I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are new owners of the hotel and after completing renovations to the exterior of the hotel/restaurant, and sports bar we began room upgrades on April 7. This current round of upgrades are expected to be complete by June 30th and further improvements are planned to begin October 2014. Upon the completion of the upgrades we will continue to price ourselves as a budget hotel. We hope you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again once the improvements have been complete. Mark General Manager
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
lLinda
the service was good, the room was very nice, location was ok, about the only thing I would have to not like is that the pillows were to flat, but that's just me as I like fluffy pillows. Everything was very nice thank you.
Response by Tally Ho Hotel
Thank you for your comments. We have taken note of your comments regarding pillows and as we replace linens and pillows we will order fluffier pillows. Mark, General Manager
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
mary
"Noisy room, that should be used as a closet"
Have previously booked rooms at a reduced rate in Victoria. This has been the most dissappointing. The room that I was given, was a small, long narrow room at the front of the hotel. They have made an effort with newer fixtures, in a very old hotel. However the window was paper thin, and the room was extremely noisy. Most of the room was ok - an effort was made to decorate - however there was a leak from the ceiling by the window, and the lamp shade was stained, and the curtains appeared dirty. The window was so thin, you could feel a draft, and there was no sound barrier whatsoever. The double bed was pushed up against the wall, so not a good room for 2 people.
Response by Tally Ho Hotel
Thank you for your comments. The hotel is under new ownership and management. Upon seeing your comment we have taken this room out of regular service and use it only when we are full and/or a guest is looking for a very budget level room. When you next visit Victoria I hope you will stay with us in our regular queen rooms. Mark, General Manager
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Doris
"an OK hotel close to downtown Victoria"
stayed at this hotel on Thanksgiving weekend - wanted to be close to downtown and the rental rates were for me considered attractive, quite a bit less expensive than the downtown hotels which in my view were a little on the expensive side even considering the long weekend. Had everything I was looking for a 3 star accommodation - no complaints - and would stay here again if the occasion calls for it.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"needs updating"
Suggestion for the hotel. I has a very convenient location, but the rugs, sheets, bed covers, and drapes, all need to be replaced. It must have at one time been a smoking hotel, and the smell permiates the hotel. It was not a cheap rate we paid, so I expected more. They need to update, for sure.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Bernie
"Not a good choice"
I spent one night with my family and although the hotel is in a good location, close to downtown, I will not come back to this hotel, dirty room, old furniture, dirty bathroom in bad condition, noisy air conditioning. One of the worst hotels I have ever gone.
Response by Tally Ho Hotel
Hi JJM, I apologize for your poor experience at our hotel. The hotel is under new ownership (hence the rebranding from Vacation Inn to Tally Ho). We completed exterior renovations during the late summer/fall and on April 7th we have embarked on updating the bathrooms. We have also replaced a number of older airconditioning/heating units. These repairs should be complete by June 30th. Further changes and upgrades to the rooms are planned for the fall. We will remain a budget hotel with excellent nightly rates. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you. Mark, General Manager
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
JJM
"easy location, on the highway near the action"
I was down in Victoria for the marathon over thanksgiving weekend, brought my wife and two kids, (one infant and one toddler. The room was big, clean and comfy. The restaurant downstairs was decent. The location was great to get to the race from and return to. The staff were super accommodating in that if I was late back from my run we were still able to check out late. My wife liked the fact we were a block away from the Mayfair shopping complex.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Adequate accommodation."
Overall, staff were very friendly and obliging. That being said, "Beautiful Junior Room" as advertised on exterior sign, is not. This room is, however, oddly shaped; with stained lampshades and oversize CRT T.V. dominating space; without closet/drawer/suitcase stand; and very noisy. Mechanical sounds do not emanate from traffic or construction at street level as one might expect, but from somewhere within the walls. Bathroom appears to have been recently renovated. As I arrived very late at night, I was grateful to staff who moved me immediately to another room, and also that I was not charged upgrade costs upon checkout. Note: there is not an elevator in this hotel. Also, on site restaurant does not stay open for Sunday dinner but there are several family-style restaurants within close walking distance.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
K.
"Comfortable but dated"
I recently stayed here for a long weekend while I helped my son get ready for University. The hotel is definitely not a "five star" and the rooms are dated (old TVs etc. ) That being said, the king size beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We were on the ground level which opened to the pool area. There is a water slide which the younger kids were enjoying. No hot tub though. Parking was a bit limited unless you went around the hotel, which required a bit of a walk.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Shaun
"Terrible."
The front desk people were very helpful and obliging. It is very dirty and the rooms are very crowded. I wouldn't go back there.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013