All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America

Room is all right
    Bad internet service
    Food is not good
"poor value"
Hotel was under construction pool was not warm. Hotels .com didnot tell us any of That was the worst value for our money.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2016
judith A.
"Recent stay"
Hotel currently under remodeling, staff doing best they can to adapt to circumstances,breakfast in one of the hotel rooms is an example.
2 night family trip Jan 6, 2016
"Best place in town for the price"
Seems like everyplace in this town is expensive. So, for the price, this was the best I could afford and I was very happy with it. My only complaint is that the pillows were lumpy, so bring your own pillows. Other than that, this place is awesome.
1 night business trip Dec 20, 2015
david
"Great rooms, eat breakfast else where"
Comfortable beds, clean pool, clean rooms. Breakfast sucked, biscuits were hard, waffles had a nasty taste, juice was sour.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Well worth the money"
Very nice people and amenities. Would stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
"Best Western Mountaineer Inn is a great stay!"
This was our first stay at this Best Western (our usual go-tos were booked solid). We were very happy with the hotel and especially with our room. It was clean, modern and comfortable! The complimentary breakfast offered a nice variety (although we couldn't find regular syrup for our waffles, and I wish there were more eggs). We would definitely book there again!
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"Nice typical Best Western"
Normal good Best Western. Typical ample breakfast. Nice indoor pool. Nice small fitness room. The only bad thing to say was that the bathroom in the room was insanely small!
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
"clean hotel with a great location"
Great location and plenty of parking. We came to visit university and we will be back.
3 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
arrived in evening and had requested 1st floor because of recent medical procedure. I was placed on 3rd floor because notes from expedia and hotel.com don't seem to come through. There were no carts on arrival and hotel clerk helped me get items to room. Carts available too big for elevator and must be pushed sideways to get in. Did not have me booked for three nites so room was not touched after first nite. Room good .
3 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
david
"Good hotel. Well priced."
I drove to North Carolina and stopped in Morgantown for a night. I used my free night reward from Hotels.com to book, so the price was really low for me (it's about $90 otherwise). The hotel is outdated, but clean and surprisingly quiet. The room was spacious, the shower worked well, and the breakfast was good. Had no issues with WiFi as well. Overall, my impression of this hotel was much better than Hotel M. The price premium is worth it. Lots of food choices in close proximity. Definitely recommend.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2015
Ilia
"Meh..."
This place was just ok, not bad but not good either. The hotel staff were very nice and courteous, the room was just meh, there was giant crack in the door that had been resealed, one bed was super bouncy and uncomfortable, the other was usable but not the best. the phone in the room didn't work. we just stayed one night and it served its purpose, i wouldn't book it if you plan on staying a few days. there were also unruly children running up up and down the halls non stop. Also just an FYI, there are only 5 taxi cabs that run in Morgantown, TOTAL, 5 in a town with 30,000 students on a Saturday night!!! No shuttle, took us 2.5 hours to get back to the hotel from downtown in the freezing cold weather. I actually had to pay a lady who worked at the clarion to drive us back to the best western. But that's not this hotels fault. Just don't stay out in Morgantown past 1:30am on a Saturday night or you wont be able to get a ride back. Ridiculous
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Rosa
"Don't Stay: Best Western Mountaineer Morgantown WV"
One of the worst Best Westerns I have every stayed in. I arrived around 11 PM to check in and no one was at the front desk. I waited for about 5 minutes - still no one. I called the hotel phone from my cell phone and it rang for 3 minutes while I stood at the front desk - the call then went to voice mail. I used the restroom in the lobby. When I came out, still no one at the front desk. I called the hotel phone again from my cell phone while I stood at the front desk trying to get someone's attention. By this time I was awake for more than 21 hours and had driven almost 11 hours. I just wanted to go to bed. The phone rang again for 3 minutes before going to voice mail. I called out, "Hello, can any one help." Then a very tired looked lady showed up behind the front desk. I told her I had been waiting awhile. She said she was in the laundry room and could hear me or the phone ringing. She promptly got me checked in. I went to my room and laid down. The sheets were so rough I got a mild rash. While I was trying to go to sleep there was a van outside my window that kept opening and shutting their doors and lift gate. That went on for more than six minutes. I got up to see what was going on and it was the front desk receptionist and another woman loading and unloading laundry and cleaning supplies into and out of the van. If I wasn't so tired I would have went to the front desk and requested a refund I looked for a room at a different hotel for that evening.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
J Trenton
Wifi was horrible.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Rosa
"Football weekend"
The staff was outstanding. Everyone was smiling, friendly and helpful. The staff made this hotel a perfect place to stay for a football weekend.
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Great Hotel. Reasonable prices.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Not a bad room for the price"
The rooms have all been updated which is good. The outside of the hotel I was skeptical of, but luckily the room itself was good.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
nicole
"Worst stay ever!"
One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. There was mold on ceiling in the main sleeping area, mold in the bathroom. The smell was awful. The free WIFI is a joke, the fitness area is very small nothing like the pictures and small children, aged 6 and under were being allowed to play in it unattended. The morning of our second day our key codes were changed so that we could not get back into our room, rooms were not cleaned between our two days, we had to go ask for clean towels. I won't stay here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Pam
I stayed here while visiting my son at WVU, the room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was very small but it really didn't bother me as I don't have to sleep in it (lol). I loved the fact that there was coffee/juice when I came in at almost midnight. Vending machines also on the floor I stayed on. All in all good place to stay and would recommend.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
There were cobwebs in the room and it just looks tired. Needs reno and TLC.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Sian
"Our new "go to" hotel in Morgantown"
Pleasant stay. The hotel staff was great, especially the front desk clerks. The indoor pool was great, it was a good temperature, not too cold. The hotel is now dog friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. All around nice stay. We go to Morgantown twice a year, we will definitely come back here.
2 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
Janice
"comfortable and clean convenient"
very nice, Abby was a doll at the front desk, overall great
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
carol
everything was good, nice breakfast, clean room. we had a hard time finding a place to park, but we eventually found one
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
linda
Room was clean and comfortable. Refrigerator and microwave were a great commodity. Front desk employees were very nice and accommodating. Only complaint is the cleaning crew. They knocked on the door very early and then left when they realize the room was still occupied. When we did leave the room that morning they never returned to clean the room. We would have liked the room to be cleaned that morning because we were staying for another night.
3 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2015
Everything about my two night stay as above average ( B + ) NOT great or excellent. The view was beautiful. Only problem was the HOT??? breakfast included with the stay. The first day the eggs were burnt and COLD. The sausage was luke warm at best and many of the pieces in the tray we as hard as a rock and burnt. The orange juice server was empty. The next morning as a little better. The eggs were slightly warm but many pieces still burnt. The bacon was hot but not cooked as much as I would like it to be.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2015
"Nice place close to the venue for my son's wedding"
The employees are very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay, great breakfast bar. Even though it's at the edge of town it was very quiet and peaceful.
4 night trip Sep 16, 2015
Carole Bowes
"Best Bummer Hotel"
The guy at the front desk was nice but couldn't provide extra pillows, didn't have rollaway beds, the pool had no towels supplied, there was vomit down one of the main hallways, and the breakfast was a joke. The hotel advertised a deluxe continental breakfast but the food ran out constantly and came out inconsistently. For example, when the gravy came out the biscuits ran out, when the bacon came out the eggs ran out. I got the impression that the he workers just didn't care very much. It was quite a disappointment considering how much money I spent there.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Christina
Enjoyed! No problems.
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Patrick
Not a great stay. Rooms need updating and a thorough cleaning. Shower would not drain. Desk attendant assigned our room to another family after we checked in. They let themselves in while we were getting ready for bed.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Jeffory
"Only plus close to WVU."
Toilet plugged up, no eggs or cream cheese at breakfast on two days, room was extremely damp feeling, went down to use computer one evening and printer didn't work, front desk attendants were all hanging around swearing with the "F" word, breakfast attendant went to bathroom while I was in there and did not wash her hands, shower curtain was all moldy, had to ask for towels everyday.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Best Western Mountanier Stay #2"
Our dates for stay were Aug. 6,7,8 with checkout on the 9th. We have stayed at this Best Western in the past, and we were very pleased then and for our current stay. The staff is very friendly and well organized. We were treated like family! This Best Western felt like home! I would highly recommend this hotel as a GOOD place to stay for clean room, excellent service and beautiful mountain views!
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Donna M.
"Decent college campus hotel for the price."
They had problems checking me in due to issues with Expedia card for payment. After I checked out they charged my credit card for $135 because they said that my Expedia card was invalid. They have since reimbursed me.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
kelly
Most aspects of our stay here was nice. Two issues...only one main door was accessible to our room (other than the main lobby), and in the evening we had to walk through a large group of people smoking to get in. Second issue was having our parked car hit in the parking lot
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Lonna
We discovered bed bugs in the morning. It was disgusting. They did not charge us for our room obviously. The hotel itself was ok but very old. The elevator was small and very rickety sounding. It is in desperate need of updating. It has soured us on any Best Westerns.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Morgantown stay"
Friendly staff, very welcoming. Motorcycle friendly. Hotel is a little run down, but, many facilities, pool, fitness, access to WVU and restraunts within walking distance.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
"great stay"
Stayed here several nights; very glad we did. Convenient location just off I-79, right across street from places like CVS, Golden Corral, & Texas Roadhouse; easy drive to WVU. Pleased that all rooms had fridge and microwave. Hotel advertises a deluxe continental breakfast, but we were happy to discover it was a full hot breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, etc. Staff was helpful- checking and stocking the breakfast area often, printing boarding passes for us when the business center printer had a problem, etc. The hotel is getting a little older, with a few scrapes in paint and such, but everything worked well. Would definitely stay here again.
4 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
Kelli
Great front desk service! Check in person gave great dinner suggestion and even called the restaurant for us!
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Strange smell, great price..."
The hotel was very conveniently located for us. Breakfast was great, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. However our room had a funny smell - like it used to be a smoking room (and you can never really get that smell out). We got through our stay with a bottle of air freshener. (Also, lax security - the side door near the rooms and elevator had a broken latch and didn't even lock.) If you get a decent smelling room, though, this isn't a bad place to stay for the price.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Kate
"Convenient and clean"
Staff were so helpful and friendly...and bed was comfy and clean. And we traveled with our dog who loved walking on the great trail just one block down from the hotel, along the river. Very convenient and we'll stay again I'm sure.
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Christina
"Great for the money"
We only stayed one night and this hotel was perfect. Room accommodations were fine, nothing special, but clean. Wifi was a little slow. Hotel staff was great, friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was good; love that it had some hot options with protein. Would definitely come back!
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. There was only one thing that negatively stood out; the side door, closest to the parking lot was never securely locked. I was able to get into the hotel, even after midnight without my keycard.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Mary C
Room was clean, stay was great .We will stay again when in area Thumbs up!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Wasn't worth the price"
Reached late in the evening. Check-in couldn't find our reservation. Was told Hotel.com booked it for the next day. I showed my confirmation, still insisted that it was for the next day in their computer, but they had a room and "obliged" us by switching the date and giving us a room. Light next to bed wasn't working but we didn't complain. Security appeared lax since door from parking lot wasn't locked. Breakfast was okay.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Anil
"No problems"
I didn't encounter any problems. The property isn't a luxurious resort hotel, but it definitely met my needs.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2015
"Good location, but nothing works!"
Nice and helpful staff, but hallway smelled funky; ice machine didn't work; refrigerator in room wasn't cold inside...cereal at breakfast was stale. And the listing said "pet fri badly," but hotel had no grassy area to walk dog. Definitely not up to Best Western's standards--don't go there if you have an alternative.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Everything is ok and the beddings looks clean. Only thing is the first room we stayed in, the bathtub drainage is not so good. The drainage was slow to the point that I would say it is clogged. It was nice that our comfort came first and so we were moved to another room. This time, the bathroom door's hinge is halfway off and so the door is lopsided and we have to kind of nudge it so the hinges will align and can close the door. It's a good overnight getaway.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Wouldn't stay here again."
I stayed on the Second floor, and the moment I got off the elevator the whole 2nd floor smelled like mold. I entered my room and it smelled like mold..the wet, old, sort of mold smell. I was not pleased, I wish I had some sort of incense or a candle to get rid of the smell. I had to leave my room for a while and do other things in town because I did not want to stay in there for much longer. The bathroom was tiny. also, and the tub could have used a little more of TLC. Other than that, the hotel was in a good location.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
Katharine
"Close to wvu"
Good complimentary breakfast in the morning. Comfortable beds and quiet at night.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
ann
"For me, it was OK."
Rooms are comfortable, but the bathroom could be better. Nice staff.
5 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Nice place for a short stay"
We have stayed here many times, the rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff is usually friendly, but there is always one little thing wrong with the room.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Debra
"Morgantown gem"
Nice clean updated room in a good location. Handy to shopping and dining. The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful.
1 night trip May 22, 2015