All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here366 Boyers Ave, Morgantown, WV, 26505, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Morgantown gem"
Nice clean updated room in a good location. Handy to shopping and dining. The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful.
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Donald
"Never again"
We were going to stay to enjoy a weekend at the pool only to find out the pool was closed due to repairs,front desk didn't know how to cancel a day. Open the door to the room and it smelled like a stale refrigerator. I wasn't sure if they changed the sheets. They were wrinkled like someone slept in them. Will not go back there
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Needs work"
Rooms weren't that clean. Parking sucked. Hotel front desk was so incredibly nice! No pool-even tho the sign said there would be.
1 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
"Very loud guests"
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was clean, but the bathroom had some issues (mold on the moulding and the drain did not drain while showering). There was a very loud party that went all night - I do believe the staff addressed at one point, but then it started up again. The breakfast was just about out after 30min of it starting. I don't think I could recommend for anything more than a one night stay.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Excellent stay at Best Western Inn"
Stay was wonderful. Clean quite friendly staff just a very good stay.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Sandra
"not very good"
We could not hardly sleep cause there was people out in the parking lot yelling and talking really loud does slamming.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"3.5 out of 5"
I spent the extra $10 to stay here instead of one right down the road because it had a pool, but the pump was out in it. Overall, it wasn't bad, but it didn't feel like a great stay.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Nice stay on budget!"
Great staff! Friendly and informative. The breakfast attendant keeps the area well maintained and clean. For short notice very accommodating and pleasant stay.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
heather
"Not bad"
The breakfast was nothing special. The biscuits were hard and stale. The food selection was nothing special, but acceptable.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Avoid"
Every step of the way to our room got worse. The initial room smelled as though wet sheets had been tucked under a bed for a month. We were moved across the hall after finding that there was no indication of cleaning having been done. the new room had the same smell, but to a much lesser degree that was manageable. The beds were far too hard, my body has hurt for several days now as a result. Very sad hotel.
Jackie
"Good Stay"
Room way clean and the service was excellent. Great price for the stay.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Richaed
"Convenient Location"
The location of the hotel was very convenient to area shopping areas, restaurants and only a couple of miles away from West Virginia University. The breakfast that was included with the stay was very nice.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
J Cain
"Not bad overall"
Did not have enough breakfast biscuits to serve their quest at hotel when asked for more they stated they were frozen.... Really need to have enough to accommodate their quest....
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
Ben
close to WVU for my daughter's freshman orientation
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
Patty W
"Hotel was good for our needs"
Family went down for sons graduation from WVU. Hotel is right down road from coliseum. When we first booked wasn't sure if we made right choice of hotels but lobby smelled nice and pool was clean. Room were adequate and staff was friendly. For what we use hotel for it was fine.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
Tracy
"best compared to other hotels I stayed in"
very nice, staff was very friendly. clean and nice locaton
1 night trip May 14, 2013
"Overnight for WVU visit"
This hotel was perfect for an overnight visit to WVU. Great location and good price. My only complaint was no hot (or even warm) water for showers in the morning.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
MAZellman
"Close to UWV"
We have a son who attends University of West Virginia. We have stayed at the Best Western everytime we have gone down to visit him. It is minutes away from the University, close to Pizza Al's-best pizza around!!! and there's a gas station right across the street if you want snacks. The price is right and the staff is always friendly. Breakfast is OK, nothing to write home about...it fills your stomach is included and the coffee is good.
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2013
Roberta
It was not as bad as most reviews I read before going. Only problem we had is we arrived in morning for a WVU football game and they would not let us check in tip 1:30 even though our room was empty which meant we had to check in at 1am because we didn't go back until after game. Other then that room was clean staff friendly enough. Someone was banging on door next to ours at 3am but not any fault of hotel. Beds were comfortable and room heater worked great since we were frozen from sitting at game. All in all if I had to stay again I would.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
jsg
"Where was the hot water?"
For the money, not a bad hotel except, the first day we were there the hottest water setting on the shower only produced warm water and on the second day there was no hot water at all. Cold showers!?
2 night family trip Nov 2, 2012
Mountaineer Dad
"Overpriced motel"
The room was clean, but the heating/cooling system was mediocre. In addition, the nightly charge was way out of line. Finally, guests across the hall were incredibly noisy (before 6am!), and a call to the front desk yielded nothing. Overall, the room was confortable, and the breakfast buffet was decent, but the motel is way overpriced.
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2012
Randy
"better than expected"
all went well, staff worked well with guests, everything worked and room more than satisfactory......bathroom was terribly small,,,,,,location to WVU facilities was great as well as access to Interstate road system......amenities such as indoor pool and weight room were very nice.......morning breakfast was not up to the par of the rest of the motel
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
big daddy
"Close to WVU"
Everything was alot better than I thought it would be.We will stay here again!
1 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2012
Adequate for our needs. Moving our daughter to school do didnt spend much time at hotel. Room was clean but bathroom moisture terrible after one shower. Was asked by housekeeping to bring out used towels but they were never repaced.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2012
"Single overnight stay is ok"
Hotel had messy and dirty floors (including the elevator) and the tv remote was missing.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2012
"Perfect for Staying in Morgantown, WV"
Enjoyed our stay,perfect for overnight stay before a campus tour. Great location, very close to campus.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2012
Lyndsey
"Decent place"
My daughter and I went to Morgantown for orientation at WVU. The hotel was fairly close to the school which was convenient. I hate navigating Morgantown. The room was clean,and comfortable, the front desk clerk was very nice even though he was quite busy and the continental breakfast was not bad for what it was. I didn't use any of the amenities such as the pool or the gym.
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2012

"Close to great restaurants"
Stay was very good as always. The one item that needs improvement is their breakfast room which is way too small. The layout of the breakfast room also needs improvement. When there are several people trying to get room there is no flow of traffic.....very poor.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013

JP

TripAdvisor reviews for BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn

"excellent"
05/29/15 Debora N Las Vegas, United States
I was in Morgantown because my mother was in the hospital there. The staff was very sympathetic and helpful and did everything they could to facilitate my stay. They even gave me a special rate because of the situation.
"Overnight Stop"
05/27/15 Douglas J Berrien Springs, United States
This was a quick overnight stop. We saw it in one of the highway travel magazines. Nothing fancy about our room. The hot breakfast for us was eggs, bagel, donuts and fruit. They also had some other hot items. The bed was saggy in the middle and the bathroom is small. Overall just was we needed to rest and move down the road the next day.
05/26/15 Debby S Greenwood, United States
We came in with no reservation and the staff was so helpful and courteous. They checked us in smoothly making accommodations for my friend's disability. The rooms were very clean and nice. The staff gave us directions for places to eat and the complimentary cookies and lemonade were a nice touch
"Lovely, Comfortable Hotel"
05/24/15 NewMexicoSilverqueen new mexico
The only thing that kept this BW from getting a 5-star was the bathroom. It had to be the absolute smallest bathroom ever!! The room was lovely, the tv huge, internet fast, all good but the bathroom was only slightly bigger than a coat closet. We mentioned it to the desk clerk (staff were all wonderful) and he said the owners were aware of the problem and the only 'fix' was a complete overhaul which simply wasn't feasible. Otherwise, this is a lovely hotel.
"Workman's Hotel"
05/19/15 Carolin911 Burlington, Canada
This hotel was at a perfect location for us on our way down to Myrtle Beach, we rode our bikes down from Ontario, I needed to have my 1600 km break in service, done and there was a really great Harley Dealer close by. We booked this at the last minute so options were limited, but the room was clean, had great bathroom amenities, the bed was comfortable and it was a quiet location. The breakfast was your standard processed scrambled eggs, sausage patties gravy, and option to make waffles, I had the waffles, my partner had the others said there was limited amounts, wasn't impressed, for the price I have stayed at better, just not sure of prices in the area. I payed over $125.00 for two doubles, however they had security camera's and we could park our bikes right in front of one, to ensure their security.
"Great D.C. Area Hotel"
05/19/15 travelgo03 Franklin, Indiana
Spent 5 nights in this hotel and highly recommend it. Staff was so very helpful in all ways. Rooms were nice. Large breakfast room to accommodate bus groups. Food good. Rates good for the area. Came for a funeral and will return to this hotel when returning to D.C. area.
"A good place to stay"
05/19/15 Musiclady4947 Martinsburg, West Virginia
My husband and I stayed here for one night while our son was in the hospital. We found the receptionist very pleasant and helpful, and the room very clean. I don't understand the reports of uncleanliness!! Yes, the place is older, but the decor is up to date and the wifi was instant! I would not hesitate to stay here again!
"Need more updates"
05/09/15 Melissa Y Elkins, United States
The indoor pool was a big factor in me choosing this motel. When we checked in and found out it was closed for renovations, I was very upset. Don't get me wrong, the room and staff were very nice, but we stayed there so my daughter could have some testing done at the hospital. If I had known the pool was down, I wouldn't have booked it. Which makes me want to go back to the old fashioned way, and call myself. It would have been worth the extra $10 a night to have the pool and not have my daughter disappointed.
"Convenient to West Virginia University"
05/06/15 Tracy A Middlesex, United States
This hotel is perfect for visiting the university. Its very clean and convenient. My only comment would be don't count on the free continental breakfast to be fresh. Most items were stale and and condiments were not filled.
"Very pleased"
05/04/15 Debbie S TIMBERVILLE, United States
Nice place to stay, very family oriented. Breakfast was very good, a lot of hot food choices. Staff was really nice, friendly and just wonderful. Location is great for WVU activities. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.