All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America

"GREAT SERVICE!!!"
I've traveled extensively throughout the world. I stayed 4 nights in this hotel and the service that I received was as good as anywhere in the world including Asia (which has a very hospitable culture). The staff, even the shuttle driver, go out of there way, above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Heath
"Acceptable place to stay for the night."
Hotel building was old, but decently maintained. Little annoying things, like super noisy/squeaky in room heater, no exhaust fan in bathroom made it "rain" after we showered, and only one entrance/exit made everyone checking out with their luggage a little hectic. But, Front desk staff very friendly, breakfast decent, and super close to the stuff we were in town to see. No frills, but got the job done and wouldn't hesitate to return.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Had a room by the road so it could have been better.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
The hotel was close to area attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"great hotel for the price"
Loved the room, wish the desk chair had been bigger,, but it's cool. the breakfast was great. i would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
twanylee
"Pleasantly Suprised"
The people were great. The biggest disappointment we had was that when we wanted to stay a second night they were already fully booked.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Renae
"Holiday shopping"
Shuttle service was great
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Do it again"
staff very friendly and warm, kids enjoy the pool. Will stay again
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Convenient location with easy access"
Arrived mid afternoon on Thanksgiving Day. Appeared to be relatively slow day as we arrived at check-in time and we were only ones there. Inquired about Veterans Discount - there was none; inquired about a shuttle service to the main city event that day - there was none; however there WAS a shuttle on regular days to the same location. Proceeded to room which was very nice. Was able to use Internet to locate public transportation to the event. City bus service was located within two blocks in either direction of the hotel drive. Our room rate was higher than the rate published for this hotl, but not beyond reason for a holiday.
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
Thank you so much for your review. I agree that we couldh ave been better prepared for not having our shuttle available. Your comments allow us to be better prepared on future holidays and I appreciate that. Should your travels ever bring you back to Kansas City, we would certainly enjoy having you stay with us.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Fred
"Great for getting out on the town"
Newish building, friendly staff, central KC location close to dining, events, clubs, etc. But the walls are a bit thin. Free shuttle to local sites is a great feature for those wanting to party and stay safe.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Grant
"Good price"
Good hotel
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great place to stay for the Marathon."
Perfect. Just your basic place to stay with no big crowds to dodge.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
JD
"won't be going back"
Check in staff were friendly, helped us use the shuttle bus to Power and Light. Shuttle bus driver was awesome! After we returned the stay went down hill, got told we had one warning as we were standing outside then we were unable to get into the hotel as no one answered our buzzer (which we used 4x) our friend had to come down and let us in.Then we were called and told we had our 3rd warning for no reason. Late night staff was rude as well as breakfast staff. Shower had rust in it, hair all over bathroom floor. So this place is priced for location only! Won't be coming back at all. Just don't stay here if u plan on going out late they don't like it.
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for your experience. Your experience is not typical of what the majority of our guests experience. Our security guard is asked to issue warning if other guests have complained. In the interest of trying to make everyone happy , we fulfill those requests. We are aware that some rooms have rust in the tubs and we excited about having them refinished the first week of January. Again, I do apologize and hopefully you would consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Kansas City.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"Great stay again!"
I have stayed here in the past, and chose this hotel again because of our previous stay. Close to the Crown Center and downtown. Great variety of breakfast items to choose from. Staff is polite and the hotel is clean. Will definitely stay here in the future.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Michele
"Business trip"
Great location and nice hotel for the price!
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Excellent! Friendly and Clean!"
We had a wonderful time and were so impressed with the staff, the cleanliness, and the upkeep in this hotel! We would stay here again anytime!
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great location; close to downtown & Crown Center!"
My husband and I were in town for his son's wedding. The wedding venue was downtown and the hotel was very convenient to the venue. With the Royals in the World Series, downtown KC was all lit up in royal blue, which was charming. There was too much road work going on downtown, but we managed to get around ok. We didn't use the shuttle service provided but I was happy there was one available if needed. Our room was nice, even though we had trouble with the air conditioner. It was an old unit and I would recommend it being replaced with a newer unit as soon as possible. I'm sure other reviews have complained about it. The continental breakfast was great! I always give a great review when the hotel has free breakfast with a waffle maker! The room was quiet, clean, spacious, and very adequate for our needs.
3 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Bunny Pirotte
"Great option for downtown affordability"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. It wasn't in the nicest area, but the hotel was secured and even had a night security guard. Always felt safe. Very short drive to downtown and the Plaza area.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Mid-Western Hospitality"
I had a good time stay at the Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location, nice comfortable bed with a frig, microwave, and big TV. The was a little funky with a long hallway to the bath and bed area. Other than that, I was say a good stay.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Pat
"Perfect weekend."
From the moment we arrived, Chris at the front desk greeted us and made us feel welcome. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel offered a shuttle service so we could visit the plaza and our driver Claude was so friendly. We asked his opinion on where to go for BBQ and live jazz. We took him up on his suggestions and we were not let down. Next time we are going to KC we will definitely stay here again. Anytime we went through the lobby the desk staff always asked if we needed anything, and how are stay was going. This is by far one of the friendliest staffed hotels I have ever stayed in. Thank You for making our stay of 3 nights like being at home! Before I forget the complimentary breakfast include hot food and was well kept.
3 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Nice Place"
Room was clean and had a fairly modern look. There was a free gym and pool. Free parking. Excellent front desk and shuttle service. Close to the Sprint Center. The elevators seem to possibly need an update.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Jay
"Very nice hotel close to everything!"
We needed a place to stay close to a relative's house it was very clean and the staff was very knowledgeable about things in the area . Especially Sherrie the lady at the Check in desk. We will tell our family and friends about this hotel . Great price if you book on line instead of calling hotel
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
rochelle
"Chiefs game."
Trip to KC for a Chiefs football game. The hotel is in an excellent location downtown. Excellent dining facilities and evening activities within a short walking distance. Hotel facilities were nice. Staff was very cordial. The hotel was a bit of a drive from Arrowhead, but we wanted to stay downtown and accepted that small inconvenience. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2014
Roger
"Not luxurious, but clean and well-maintained"
This hotel was a fine place to stay, the rooms and public areas were well maintained, and the hot breakfast was better than a lot of places. My only complaint is that my room was across from the laundry area, so there were cleaning staff coming and going, and talking loudly in the halls, before 9 in the morning. If the laundry is on a hall with guest rooms, the staff should be a little more considerate of people who might still be trying to sleep. Aside from that, though, the staff I dealt with were friendly. The hotel isn't exactly downtown (actually it's more than a mile from downtown), but it's a quick drive, and there are some nice restaurants and bars just a few blocks away. I also appreciated the free guest pass to a local gym, since the gym in the hotel just has dumbbells and a couple cardio machines. Overall, I think it was a little overpriced for what it offered, but it wasn't a bad place to spend a few nights.
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
"Excellent location--close to Crown Center complex"
Had a great stay. Great location for visiting Crown Center area and the activities held in that area, Westport, and Country Club Plaza. Fantastic customer service at the check-in desk; the ladies were super friendly and very accommodating, too. The breakfast was very good. Nice pool and hot tub. My only negative comments are that the hotel parking lot fills up fast and is quite tight and the rooms are not soundproof. I would, however, definitely stay at this hotel again.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Debbie
"Terrible staff; subpar room"
Selected this room based on customer ratings on Expedia. My daughter had an appointment the next morning at Children's Mercy Hospital and we had spent all day traveling in from Orlando, FL. Called earlier around noon to confirm our reservation and ensure a baby crib would be available and provided. Front office clerk assured me the crib would be in the room when we checked in; however, the front desk (different individual) informed me that he wasn't sure that they had one available and he would have to look. I told them we would be back in an hour and he told me to come back and check with him. An hour later, i show up and he then remembers that he was going to check on that for me...15 min later, he tells me there were no cribs available. By this time it is almost 9 and too late to find another hotel. So, we go into our room and to our dismay, the walls have no sound buffering. We could hear everything above and beside our room. Between having the toddler in the bed with us and all the noise, we hardly slept. Terribly unpleasant experience.
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
Dear Guest, I want to apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at my hotel. My staff strives everyday to ensure every guest has a memorable stay. Unfortunatly, we fell short during your stay. I can assure you that I take your comments seriously and they will be shared with the staff. It is my hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Kansas City, you would consider staying with us again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Great choice"
We really enjoyed stay at this hotel. Room was clean, bed was clean and breakfast wonderful. We stayed there just for one night. They offer the shuttle for two miles. We did not use it so we can not tell more. The location is ideal, short distance to downtown as well as plaza.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Veronika
"Feedback from stay"
Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. Our shuttle driver Claude was the best. Friendly and had great recommendations! The shuttle service was so nice. The only complaint we had was the room was very humid. Otherwise, our stay was great!
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Good Call"
The staff at the Fairfield were unfailingly polite & pleasant, my room was spotless & the bed was great. I didn't get a chance to try the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on them. The building is right next to Main Street, so if you're not used to city traffic sounds it would be a good idea to request a room on the east end of the building.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not worth the cost"
We were disappointed in our stay and felt the hotel was overpriced. Hotel staff were short staffed, there were no towels in the pool area and the bathrooms were too small.
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
Thank you for your comments. We always welcome feedback, positive or negative. I do apologize we fell short of your expectations. We do strive to ensure every guest has a positive and we unfortunatly,fell short with you. I can assure you your experience is not the norm. I fyour travels ever bring you back to Kansas City, we certainly hope you would consider staying with us again.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
"Good hotel to stay at when you visit KC"
The 2 queen bed room was spacious, and the beds comfortable. Room was clean, and so was the property. Some minor signs of wear on the property, I'm guessing that this property was something else before branded a Fairfield Inn. Free parking on site and the neighborhood was not bad, but it is a city neighborhood, so there are signs that tell you to lock your car (duh!). Great central location to explore KC - 2 miles from The Plaza (so you can drive or take the hotel shuttle there) and you can walk to Union Station and Crowne Plaza if you want. The breafast was pretty good too! I would stay here again without a second thought.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
JK
"Convienant"
Room was clean. Shuttle downtown was nice. Staff was friendly
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
carol
"Impressive Service"
Overall, the room was mostly average, but clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast area offered hot and cold items and had plenty of room for everyone. The hotel itself is maintained pristinely and has a unique look. It's the customer service that is exemplary. I have never been treated like a queen at a hotel before! And it wasn't just some of the staff. EVERY ONE of the staff made me feel appreciated and unique, as though the very hotel was rooted on my continued happiness.
5 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Rachel
"Great experience"
I thought the front desk attendants and the shuttle driver were outstanding. I was greeted very time and the folks that work their work hard and are super friendly and efficient. My only complaint was that there was no shuttle service on Sunday but once the rain went away I was able to walk to places safely. I would highly recommend this hotel because the service was so outstanding. I couldn't believe it. I thought wow these folks are awesome.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Judy
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful. They had a shuttle that takes you to any of the places you want to go in the city and the driver was funny, personable and very knowledgeable about the city.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Good location, great breakfast"
This hotel was a great location for visiting some of the attractions in the Crown Center area of the city. The Staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was great, way more than I expected from a continental breakfast. The pool area was small, but good enough for my daughter to enjoy herself swimming during our stay. The hallways of my floor and the room did have a faint old cigar small that a lot of old former smoking hotel rooms that haven't been remodeled recently have.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Mitch
"Good relation cost vs benefit"
You have a good hotel service for what you pay. The only problem is the street noise at night.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
Great time. Spent two days and saw a lot from this centrally located hotel. Shuttle service meant you could leave the car in the lot.Friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Great value for your buck!!!"
Visited KC for a quick weekend getaway. Only stayed one night. Room was fine, establishment was clean, staff was friendly & helpful. There was a free shuttle to power & light, but had to cab it back later as the shuttle only runs till 11, which was no problem cause the cab ride only cost $7. Also a really great breakfast considering it was included & I liked the fact that parking was free because most places u stay near power & light will charge u to park there... All in all a very satisfying stay.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
"Decent.."
I stayed 4 nights here and overall it was decent. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Great service. The breakfast was more than I expected....eggs, sausage, buscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, etc. This was a definite plus as we didn't have to go out for breakfast in the morning. There were a couple issues with noises from the other guests. There was stomping/running above our room and we could hear people going in and out of one of the main doors leading outside. Bought some earplugs and was good to go. One odd thing I will mention is the lack of wall outlets by the bed. Having a couple by the nightstand would be helpful. I would stay hear again.
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate any feedback I get from our guests. I can certainly appreciate the need for more outlets. We are currently discussing renovation plans and I will make sure we address that issue. Thank you so much for staying. If your travels ever bring you back to Kansas City, we would welcome the opportunity to host you and your family again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Miss R
"Never again"
Will go back to marriott at country club plaza
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
Mr. Gutierrez, Thank you so much for your feedback. This gives us an opportunity to adjust our operations so future guests do not share the same experience. When your travels bring you back to Kansas City, we certainly hope that you would consider us again. We would welcome the opportunity to show you that your experience is not indicitive of how we operate on a day to day basis.
3 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
William gutierrez
"Would definitely stay here again."
Stayed here for one night on a quick trip to KC. Very pleased with the hotel. Better than expected breakfast, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Hotel provided convenient transportation to and from the entire area.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"convenient location"
Fine breakfast, comfortable quarters
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"At this hotel for a US skills competition."
Staff was very accommodating. Rooms were clean.The breakfast was good. The only concern was that the mattress was very worn and on one side of the bed, it felt like you were going to fall off.
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
Kathy, Thank you so much for your comments. We are in the process of rotating mattress to help address the concern you brought to our attention. We look forward to hopefully seeing you in Kansas City again!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Definitely not downtown!"
While the hotel offers a shuttle downtown during certain times of day, it's at least a mile from the beginning of downtown and on the border of a slightly sketchy area that makes you not want to walk around too much. Overall, the hotel is fine - a little worn, a little noisy, and a little cramped for a Fairfield Inn, but not bad.
Response by Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill by Marriott
Debra, Thank you for your comments. The only way to improve is to address our guests concerns quickly. We feel we offer a great location as we are ideally situated between downtown and The Plaza. Our management hears your concerns in regards to the hotel looking worn. We are certainly looking forward to our renovation! We hope you will consider staying with us again if your travels ever bring you back to Kansas City.
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Debra
"Nice Stopover"
My family and I stopped here while traveling through Kansas. It was a good location and comfortable space. Our room was close to Main Street which had a fair amount of road noise. We could also hear noise from other guests above us. The bathroom was my only complaint- slightly small and outdated. It was clean, but it needed some love as far as style, caulking, etc. The continental breakfast was great and the hotel employees were very friendly. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
colorohio
"Great Loacation to Crown Center"
Shuttle service to area locations. Staff was friendly and helped with any questions that you may have. Great breakfast and accomadated early morning risers with service.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"holiday stay"
yes it was a very good choice handy to rail station took taxi 5minutes.rate stay as excellent ,staff put us righ track they offer excellent shuttle services to and from down town and some sites. room ,breakfast first class a very good choice recommend.local bus service close by and there is excellent super market on down town bus route once you get your bearings. staff excellent.
3 night trip May 9, 2014
richard and colleen
"rockfest 2014"
Expensive......but considering the event n location it was reasonable. Carpet was sticky. Breakfast was great. Rooms had everything a person needs.
2 night trip May 30, 2014