All hotels in West Monroe, Louisiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here228 Blanchard St, West Monroe, LA, 71291, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"My stay, May 8-10, 2015"
Front desk service was great. The quality of the breakfast food was fair. My biggest issue is that the overall condition of the hotel,(other than the lobby), was poor. The hallway carpets were old and worn. Also, there was a mildewy smell when walking down the halls of both the 2nd and 3rd floors.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
brian
"great location"
Great hotel. Convenient location. Movies and restaurants within walking distance. Our only complaint is that the staff never smiled morning or night shift.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Terri
"State Tennis Tournament Stay"
Fine except for some renovations going on downstairs....banging noises!!
2 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Jeanne
"Pretty dirty"
The pool and hot tub had visible dirt and staining. The hot tub was overfilled. The room needed a good steam cleaning; dirt and stains were visible on chairs and furniture. Bed was comfy.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2015
"Mixed feelings"
It clearly stated that there would be no parties at pool, but we get there and there are over 40 kids with very little supervision going on. The parents were drinking and sitting in their trucks outside the pool. Also, the breakfast left a lot to be desired. Most of the items were cold, but other than that...the staff was super friendly and the rooms were very nice.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Katherine
"Under Construction"
The hotel was great, but there was construction and remodeling being done. The only bad thing was, we were there to relax and at 730am, there were workers hammering and tearing down things in the room next door, think that could have been better managed it made the stay very uncomfortable.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Poor Poor Poor"
Room was clammy, air did not work properly..even after telling maintenance, safe did not work, fridge barely worked, hot tub/jacuzzi was barely warm and did not bubble hardly at all. Very dissatisfied. Started to change hotels if we hadn't already unloaded and settled in. Definitely would not be staying here again.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Kimberly
"over priced and overrated"
The hotel is old. The furnitures are a bit rusty, old and worn out. There are only a couple of treadmills in the exercise room. In general the hotel doesn't match as advertised, it's a bit misleading.
2 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
"Duck Dinner is a good stop for catfish and okra."
Close to "Duck" stuff. Fun stop to break-up a long drive from Florida to Oklahoma.
1 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Kammy J
"very comfortable"
excellent
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Murk
"Spring Break"
Grandkids enjoyed the indoor pool. Did not appreciate the people staying on the floor above us. Could feel and hear kids jumping in the evenings and early mornings. Very annoying!
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"none"
good
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Confused?"
The hotel canceled my room andand nobody could tell me why and it took me an hour to get it straight and I was really tired at that time
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"Hotel left much to be desired"
The room was not very clean. One of the beds had several hairs in it and the mattress felt like something out of a hide a bed. The bed was also about five inches shorter than the other bed in the room. The bathroom floor was also dirty. The breakfast was good and the staff courteous, but the room was not acceptable.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Nice hotel close to cinema."
Enjoyed the pool, but the hot tub was being serviced.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Nice Place to stay!"
We were traveling from Sc to Tx and stopped in West Monroe to visit the Duck Commander. The hotel was easy to find from our highway and by restaurants and stores we needed. The hotel was clean and the staff very nice. The breakfast was clean, well stocked & easily used. The only drawback was the hot tub was under construction and we couldn't use it. But overall it was a great price for a great room. Plenty of apace in a double queen room for me, my two young boys & my Mom. We will stay there again if we ever come back to Louisiana.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
"weekend stay"
It was great.. The only issue was the spa was not up and running.. Customer service was great
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Good place for a stop and rest"
The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was good. The hotel as a whole was clean. Easy access to I-20 and to plenty of dining options. If we are in the area again we will utilize again.
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Great room very friendly staff"
Was very comfortable room, decent breakfast and very friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL IN ACCOMMODATING US INTO ONE OF THE REMODELED ROOMS WITH BETTER BEDS. THEY ALSO WERE VERY HELPFUL TO US WITH DIRECTIONS AND INFO ON THE COMMUNITY. OVERALL STAY WAS GREAT AND WILL STAY AGAIN WHEN DOING BUSINESS WITH MY FAMILY IN THEIR AREA. LOCATION WAS GREAT, WITH TWO GREAT RESTAURANTS IN WALKING DISTANCE AND THE THEATER WE TOOK IN TOO.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Monthly business trip"
I always try to stay here when I'm in town for business. The location is great, staff is nice and the rooms are clean. This is a newer hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Walter
"Not pleased with this hotel."
The main reason I chose this hotel was for the hot tub. When we checked in found out it was not working. The beds were uncomfortable. Overall, Not very happy.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Over Priced"
For being right on the HWY the room was quiet. Internet was fast. TV picture was HD, shower head and etc could be updated, breakfast was great but pricey. Overall not worth the $109 I paid for the night on a Tuesday. I stayed at an uptown charlotte hotel for ten dollars more and it was a five star facility.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Matthew
"Just average!"
We stayed there for the Xmas holidays but did not feel the frills of the Yuletide season. That was quite disappointing. The complimentary breakfast was also below expectations compared to similar hotels I have stayed. The room was quite spacious and the location of the hotel is simply perfect.
10 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Edmund
"Alright Stay"
Decent stay. Front office staff was friendly, but distracted at times. Breakfast selection was not good. Whirlpool area was closed down. Room was not the cleanest. Sons found candy and pretzels under the beds.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"n/c"
very easy and very good
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Very kind staff"
We enjoyed our stay at the Wingate but we were most impressed with the helpfulness and courtesy of the staff. We were a bit lost coming in to town and the clerk on duty was able to guide us in over the phone. Once we arrived she was kind and solicitous. I don't know if you are allwoed to mention names on these reviews but since it is to offer high praise I will mention that her name was Tameka and that us weary travellers were grateful for her.
1 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
Tammy
"nice hotel, easy in and out"
Was awaken by staff one night do to an erroneous complaint. Noise was caused by children running in hallway. I was roomed on first floor
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Ok. Trouble with pluming . Commode kept stopping up. Hotel Solution leave a worn out plunger in the bathroom. Place starting to show wear. Somewhat pricy for what you get.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"The hotel is severely understaffed"
Arrived to find that my roll away bed was not in the itenerary. The clerk said there were only 2 in the hotel and she would call if she found one. Fortunately she found one. There was no one else working at the hotel including security. The hotel was overrun with children. Once in the room we found only 2 sets of towels. Went back downstairs and requested more towels (our reservation was for 5 people). The clerk said that no additional towels were available and none would be available until noon the following day. That is after checkout. The hotel policy of one employee is dangerous,
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Jerry
"Nice hotel near restaurants and movie theater"
I have stayed at this hotel in 2013 and 2014. The quality of the breakfast has gone down. The pre-packaged or premade food like bagels, yogurt, were fine, but the eggs, meat and potatoes (cooked foods) were a big disappointment. They were gross to be honest.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Mouse in room"
first night there, had a mouse that continued to scurry across my floor several times, it was late at night and I didn't feel like moving all my stuff so I decided to just deal with it till morning........I told the person at the front desk the next morning and she said "sorry about that" and later in the day they called my cell and they offered to move me to a 2nd floor room which I have to have a first floor room due to a disability that does not allow me to go higher than 1st floor......so I told them I would just deal with it another night and asked them not to move my stuff, when I got back to my room later that evening half my stuff was missing and when I went to the front desk they said they moved me to another first floor room, despite me not giving them permission to move my stuff. they left all my clothes hanging in the closet though so I had to finish moving everything and get a key to the room they moved me to.........very weird hotel experience and will never stay there again. Unfortunately there were no rooms at other hotels in the area available or I would have checked out and went elsewhere
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Nice place to stay in Wear Monroe. LA"
All in all, nice comfortable place to stay. I do think they need to upgrade the sliding key system as i had oroblems getting into the room and ithers have complained about thia as well. The "free" breakfast was nothing soecial - oretty much standard grade - wiah rhwy had some healthier atternative like turkey bacon instead of sausage.
2 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Jon
"Short trip from AZ"
It was very pleasant and the location was great.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
jacqueline
Left hotel for day of activities. Do not disturb sign placed inside room as we left. Upon returning later in the afternoon and entering room we noted there was a paper stating that housekeeping had left for the day and room was not serviced as the do not disturb sign was hanging on the door, outside. Notice upon entering hotel that several of the housekeeping staff were still there, but leaving, and clowning around. It was VERY evident that they did not want to do their job. Reported situation to desk clerk who provided towels and said that the issue would be reported to management. As we were checking out the following day we noted housekeeping staff near our room. I related the events of the day before and of course everyone began asking who had done that room with a couple of them stating that they were off the day before. The others, "not me, I didn't do it". Poor customer service.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"In town for business"
I booked this hotel because I was in town for business. I originally booked a room that was supposed to have 2 queen sized beds, and I came in with one king, which is fine. When I got there to check in there was no worker in sight. I had to wait, behind another lady, for about 5 minutes before the manager walked by & asked had we been helped. Instead of helping us herself, she went to the back to find an employee to take care of us. I was then told they had to check to see if my room had been cleaned before they put me in it, which is something they should have known already. 5 minutes later, I had to ask if I could go to my room & she finally told me yes (because she was too busy talking to some of the other workers). I also came to realize that I was put in the handicap room, & I am perfectly healthy. I feel as though that was a waste to put me in that room when someone who may have actually needed it, wouldn't have access to it. It surved the purpose of being somewhere to sleep, but overall I wasn't extremely happy. The young lady that worked in the morning was very pleasant & seemed to be on top of her game.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Ashley
"good value for convience, comfort and breakfast."
It was a weekend where 3 local ( within 30 miles had homecoming or games) and this hotel offered a great price for that time. Easy to find and clean and comfortable. Good breakfast too. This hotel was about 10 min. from our meeting place even though it was in another town.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Roger
"Drip Dry"
The biggest issue is our key cards never worked. Each time we had to use it we had to take them and get them reprogrammed. Even them it may take a couple of minutes for the cards to work. The staff really didn't have a fix for it. I came back from my 1/2 marathon and just wanted to take a shower and then sit in an ice bath. There were no towels. We called and had to go to the front desk to get them. The tub would also not hold water so an ice bath was out. Finally the last complaint was that I wasn't allowed to use the wash cloth to take off makeup. I was supposed to use another disposable towel which we could not find and had to go to the front desk to get. The room was nice and so was the lobby and breakfast area. It is close to everything!
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Joyle
"Another Stay"
This makes SEVERAL times I've stayed here at Wingate. I've left reviews already so all I'll say here is that I still have no reason to look elsewhere when coming to the area.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Maintenance Needed"
Rooms are okay. Door locks need replacing. Had to insert my key 5 to 10 times to get it to work. Beds are old and saggy. Bathtub had a panel hanging off the front. Couch had obviously not been cleaned in a while. Decent location and cheap price for West Monroe.
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Great hotel, the room was clean, and big. With all the comforts. No complaints.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Good hotel"
Clean and good area.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Sid
This Hotel is in need of repairs and up keep. carpet was bad the mattress very old. I would not stay here again. very disappointed!
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
We would stay again.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
"Rooms are run down."
The hotel staff was very nice, but the rooms were very run down. My room stunk like smoke and the bed was very uncomfortable. The hot tub had a light fixture hanging out of the side wall in the water. This was the most expensive hotel on this 10 night trip and it was the worse place to stay.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great place to overnight"
Overnighted her with our son who loves to swim. Enjoyed the pool very much and the room was very comfortable too.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"very nice hotel"
Hotel was nice, clean. Staff was friendly. Only complaint was the room safe had no batteries, and the key device on the door was very touchy and sometimes took inserting the key 3+ times to enter the room.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Rich L
"Multiple Stays"
I've stayed at the Wingate several times (4-6) now. Travel to Monroe on a semi regular for business and enjoy the facility. Has a couple of restaurants in walking distance, coffee shop, Walmart, and many other choices. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's clean, spacious, friendly staff, and in a good location. It's not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. I seldom look elsewhere when planning stays in Monroe because I know what I'm getting, and am comfortable with that. By the way, it does have an indoor pool that I've never used. For those with kids +++
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
"Good stopping point."
In room with king bed, need more pillows since they are smaller. Otherwise, quite comfortable. Convenient, next to restaurants and theaters.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014