All hotels in West Monroe, Louisiana, United States of America
228 Blanchard St, West Monroe, LA, 71291, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very kind staff"
We enjoyed our stay at the Wingate but we were most impressed with the helpfulness and courtesy of the staff. We were a bit lost coming in to town and the clerk on duty was able to guide us in over the phone. Once we arrived she was kind and solicitous. I don't know if you are allwoed to mention names on these reviews but since it is to offer high praise I will mention that her name was Tameka and that us weary travellers were grateful for her.
1 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
Tammy
"nice hotel, easy in and out"
Was awaken by staff one night do to an erroneous complaint. Noise was caused by children running in hallway. I was roomed on first floor
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Ok. Trouble with pluming . Commode kept stopping up. Hotel Solution leave a worn out plunger in the bathroom. Place starting to show wear. Somewhat pricy for what you get.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"The hotel is severely understaffed"
Arrived to find that my roll away bed was not in the itenerary. The clerk said there were only 2 in the hotel and she would call if she found one. Fortunately she found one. There was no one else working at the hotel including security. The hotel was overrun with children. Once in the room we found only 2 sets of towels. Went back downstairs and requested more towels (our reservation was for 5 people). The clerk said that no additional towels were available and none would be available until noon the following day. That is after checkout. The hotel policy of one employee is dangerous,
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Jerry
"Nice hotel near restaurants and movie theater"
I have stayed at this hotel in 2013 and 2014. The quality of the breakfast has gone down. The pre-packaged or premade food like bagels, yogurt, were fine, but the eggs, meat and potatoes (cooked foods) were a big disappointment. They were gross to be honest.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Mouse in room"
first night there, had a mouse that continued to scurry across my floor several times, it was late at night and I didn't feel like moving all my stuff so I decided to just deal with it till morning........I told the person at the front desk the next morning and she said "sorry about that" and later in the day they called my cell and they offered to move me to a 2nd floor room which I have to have a first floor room due to a disability that does not allow me to go higher than 1st floor......so I told them I would just deal with it another night and asked them not to move my stuff, when I got back to my room later that evening half my stuff was missing and when I went to the front desk they said they moved me to another first floor room, despite me not giving them permission to move my stuff. they left all my clothes hanging in the closet though so I had to finish moving everything and get a key to the room they moved me to.........very weird hotel experience and will never stay there again. Unfortunately there were no rooms at other hotels in the area available or I would have checked out and went elsewhere
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Nice place to stay in Wear Monroe. LA"
All in all, nice comfortable place to stay. I do think they need to upgrade the sliding key system as i had oroblems getting into the room and ithers have complained about thia as well. The "free" breakfast was nothing soecial - oretty much standard grade - wiah rhwy had some healthier atternative like turkey bacon instead of sausage.
2 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Jon
"Short trip from AZ"
It was very pleasant and the location was great.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
jacqueline
Left hotel for day of activities. Do not disturb sign placed inside room as we left. Upon returning later in the afternoon and entering room we noted there was a paper stating that housekeeping had left for the day and room was not serviced as the do not disturb sign was hanging on the door, outside. Notice upon entering hotel that several of the housekeeping staff were still there, but leaving, and clowning around. It was VERY evident that they did not want to do their job. Reported situation to desk clerk who provided towels and said that the issue would be reported to management. As we were checking out the following day we noted housekeeping staff near our room. I related the events of the day before and of course everyone began asking who had done that room with a couple of them stating that they were off the day before. The others, "not me, I didn't do it". Poor customer service.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"In town for business"
I booked this hotel because I was in town for business. I originally booked a room that was supposed to have 2 queen sized beds, and I came in with one king, which is fine. When I got there to check in there was no worker in sight. I had to wait, behind another lady, for about 5 minutes before the manager walked by & asked had we been helped. Instead of helping us herself, she went to the back to find an employee to take care of us. I was then told they had to check to see if my room had been cleaned before they put me in it, which is something they should have known already. 5 minutes later, I had to ask if I could go to my room & she finally told me yes (because she was too busy talking to some of the other workers). I also came to realize that I was put in the handicap room, & I am perfectly healthy. I feel as though that was a waste to put me in that room when someone who may have actually needed it, wouldn't have access to it. It surved the purpose of being somewhere to sleep, but overall I wasn't extremely happy. The young lady that worked in the morning was very pleasant & seemed to be on top of her game.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Ashley
"good value for convience, comfort and breakfast."
It was a weekend where 3 local ( within 30 miles had homecoming or games) and this hotel offered a great price for that time. Easy to find and clean and comfortable. Good breakfast too. This hotel was about 10 min. from our meeting place even though it was in another town.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Roger
"Drip Dry"
The biggest issue is our key cards never worked. Each time we had to use it we had to take them and get them reprogrammed. Even them it may take a couple of minutes for the cards to work. The staff really didn't have a fix for it. I came back from my 1/2 marathon and just wanted to take a shower and then sit in an ice bath. There were no towels. We called and had to go to the front desk to get them. The tub would also not hold water so an ice bath was out. Finally the last complaint was that I wasn't allowed to use the wash cloth to take off makeup. I was supposed to use another disposable towel which we could not find and had to go to the front desk to get. The room was nice and so was the lobby and breakfast area. It is close to everything!
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Joyle
"Another Stay"
This makes SEVERAL times I've stayed here at Wingate. I've left reviews already so all I'll say here is that I still have no reason to look elsewhere when coming to the area.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Maintenance Needed"
Rooms are okay. Door locks need replacing. Had to insert my key 5 to 10 times to get it to work. Beds are old and saggy. Bathtub had a panel hanging off the front. Couch had obviously not been cleaned in a while. Decent location and cheap price for West Monroe.
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Great hotel, the room was clean, and big. With all the comforts. No complaints.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Good hotel"
Clean and good area.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Sid
This Hotel is in need of repairs and up keep. carpet was bad the mattress very old. I would not stay here again. very disappointed!
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
We would stay again.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
"Rooms are run down."
The hotel staff was very nice, but the rooms were very run down. My room stunk like smoke and the bed was very uncomfortable. The hot tub had a light fixture hanging out of the side wall in the water. This was the most expensive hotel on this 10 night trip and it was the worse place to stay.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great place to overnight"
Overnighted her with our son who loves to swim. Enjoyed the pool very much and the room was very comfortable too.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"very nice hotel"
Hotel was nice, clean. Staff was friendly. Only complaint was the room safe had no batteries, and the key device on the door was very touchy and sometimes took inserting the key 3+ times to enter the room.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Rich L
"Multiple Stays"
I've stayed at the Wingate several times (4-6) now. Travel to Monroe on a semi regular for business and enjoy the facility. Has a couple of restaurants in walking distance, coffee shop, Walmart, and many other choices. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's clean, spacious, friendly staff, and in a good location. It's not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. I seldom look elsewhere when planning stays in Monroe because I know what I'm getting, and am comfortable with that. By the way, it does have an indoor pool that I've never used. For those with kids +++
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
"Good stopping point."
In room with king bed, need more pillows since they are smaller. Otherwise, quite comfortable. Convenient, next to restaurants and theaters.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
M Norris
"Beds"
Beds were not as comfortable as other hotels.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
A decent place for that last minute "need a room". It is the typical old style motel look and feel i.e; Carpet, lamps, AC, bathroom, chairs, TV and remote, the telephone etc... Good location with shopping just down and across the street
3 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Computer wasnt working. The main problem was the door key. I am handicapped. Checking in i was not given a rm key and had to come back down to get one. Then one of the 2 didnt work. Then 2nd key would not work had to come back down for 3rd time and was told there must b a problem with key (215 room). At no time did anyone suggest a different room or offer to help. Just that i would have to lift up on door handle. This is difficult when u have a shoulder problem. I asked for partial credit and was told no. And no mod was there. I have called and still no mgr. Property mgr is only there once every 2 wks.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Patricia Antis
"DO NOT RECOMMEND"
When you first walk in the lobby, there was a terrible odor like sewage or a wet dog. 'The actual room wasn't as bad but still a slight odor. Also, they serve a continental breakfast but it closes at 9:30am. We have never stayed in a hotel whereby they stopped serving breakfast that early.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Almost excellent"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The only thing that is lacking is the quality of the breakfast they serve. Needs improvement.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Ricky
When we arrived our A/C was not working the desk clerk said she would have someone check it, we went to eat while we were out she called as said it was not working and that she was going to put us in a suite. When we got back to the hotel we went up to our what we thought was going to be a suite, it was a room with one king size bed and a small sofa that made into a bed we wanted two beds. We went back down to the desk clerk they had changed shifts by that time, the clerk told us they were sold out and that was the only room left, so we ask for a refund. She said the manager was the only one that could authorize that, she called the manager and the manager said yes they would refund us, we left and went to another hotel, that was 4 days ago and we still do not have our refund.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Eh"
We arrived late to this hotel and the night staff was pleasant. We went to the top floor to our room and noticed right away that the majority of the carpet, outside of the door to our room, was threadbare and dirty. While the room was large, it appears that it hasn't been updated or maintained in years. The tub faucet was wobbly and just barely attached, the carpet was dirty looking and worn, and the furniture was worn as well. We went down to breakfast about 8:45 AM only to find that there was barely any food left- no yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. and we were only left with disgusting eggs, sausage, hard biscuits, etc. When we asked the woman who worked the breakfast area to get items restocked, she denied the request as apparently they only put out X amount of food and when it's gone, it's gone. We were informed that food service ended at 9:30 AM and approximately 9:20, she was already removing everything- coffee included. Because the price of this "free" breakfast is included in your hotel fees, it was extremely disappointing. Also, the area smells horrible due to a paper plant in the vicinity.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
M
Good hotel for one night stay on the way to destination. Easy on/ off interstate.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Would not recommend."
The shower was disgusting with rust covering the drain. I could not connect to the internet for the two days i was there and this was after staying on the phone with the IT support of the service provider.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"My expectations were low and they met them"
We chose this location because it has some walkable destinations for food and entertainment for the kids. The hotel itself was adequate. But there were issues that seems to be indicative of a management issue. It was often hard to find someone at the front desk. The air conditioning in one of our rooms did not work. The hallways were very warm although the rooms were comfortable when the air conditioner was working. They did not seem to be consistent about towels we often only had one towel. The breakfast was somewhat bland but since it was included in the room was adequate. I do not think that you should have high expectations but if you get a good price it is an okay place to stay. If walking to a movie theater or restaurant is not an important factor then I would look around.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Fine stay"
Comfortable room and indoor pool made the stay very good. My daughter had fun in the pool.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Brett
"Cleanliness"
The room had a terrible odor.
1 night business trip May 27, 2014
"Cleans and quiet"
The hotel was clean and quiet, and the employees were nice and helpful, all I can ask for.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Easy to find"
Room and hotel amenities met all expectations. The room needed a little updating...chair was worn, and lamp shades in bad shape, but that is minimal for the location and comfort.
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
"Brown Stinky Hotel Stay"
Brown water in ALL bathroom faucets and toilet. Second day of our stay was met with a sewage odor. All day long! Hotel wide. One of the beds had a broken frame that couldn't be repaired and supposedly there were no other rooms to be moved to.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Second visit"
This was the second stay at this location. Overall, no complaints. Rooms are a decent size, clean and it's fairly quiet. Seems to be in a nice part if town and very close to few good restaurants. I'll stay again.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
First time staying at Wingate. I was disappointed. It was a little shabby and run down. The bathtub had a large chip out of the porcelain.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Great central location"
This is our second time to stay at this Wingate. The property is very close to all things West Monroe...Duck Dynasty, ULM, etc. Other than a sulfur smell in the water, it's a great place to stay! We will be back!
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Shawna
"Ok"
Hotel was clean. Location was ok. Breakfast was good, but ran short of some items. Walls and ceilings were then. Could hear people in other room and also hear people walking on floor above.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Nice and clean hotel!"
Good experience with NO problems! Very clean room and friendly staff.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Jeanne
"nice but noisy"
The staff was nice but need a little attention to personal appearance. The breakfast was a welcome and stayed stock until the end. Rooms were clean and beds not have bad. Only thing, i could hear every time they flushed the toilet or eNd the shower above me.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Upon arriving, I went into the bathroom and noticed the drinking glass were dirty and the towels were dingy. I informed a young lady at the desk and she stated she would take care of it. She never did. The next morning I left the card on the night stand requesting they change the linen. After returning to the room, the bed was made with the same linen. For the amount of money I paid I was really disappointed. That was my first time staying there and I travel to Monroe at least once a month. I was anticipating a much better experience. I would appreciate a call back in regards to this matter.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Cedericealy Ealy
Was not pleased with breakfast. Eggs were awful. The overall breakfast except for coffee was substandard. Every other part of hotel was excellent. Beds were great, room clean nice bathroom. Check out was wonderful. Staff went up and beyond expectations .
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"needs help"
Had to get housekeeping or front desk to let us into the room. or leave it open the door lock needs to be fixed.they had to put there whole body into it to make it open after a few tries they could get it open.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
tammy
We enjoyed our stay...it was only one night, Spring break trip for my grand daughter and me. Other than our bed being a bit hard, every thing was very nice. My grand daughter loved the pool. The breakfast was good,...it had all the basic things, and we had plenty to eat. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
Linda Matlock
"Business center needs work"
I have stayed at a lot of Wingates over the years as a business traveler. I like the fast internet and well-outfitted business center. Internet was good enough here for video conferencing but the business center was terrible. One computer wouldn't print and the copier was completely down. This basically ruined my primary reason for staying here in the first place. Wingate managers, please pay attention to the business center. It's one of the things that makes me choose you over Hamptons for example.
2 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
"Close to Duck Commander sights"
The door had some issues when we tried our key, but after they showed us that you might need to pull toward you and turn handle, no further issues. Outside doors to building make a loud noise when they close if someone doesn't let it close slowly.
2 night family trip Mar 17, 2014