All hotels in West Monroe, Louisiana, United States of America
228 Blanchard St, West Monroe, LA, 71291, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Rooms are run down."
The hotel staff was very nice, but the rooms were very run down. My room stunk like smoke and the bed was very uncomfortable. The hot tub had a light fixture hanging out of the side wall in the water. This was the most expensive hotel on this 10 night trip and it was the worse place to stay.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great place to overnight"
Overnighted her with our son who loves to swim. Enjoyed the pool very much and the room was very comfortable too.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"very nice hotel"
Hotel was nice, clean. Staff was friendly. Only complaint was the room safe had no batteries, and the key device on the door was very touchy and sometimes took inserting the key 3+ times to enter the room.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Rich L
"Multiple Stays"
I've stayed at the Wingate several times (4-6) now. Travel to Monroe on a semi regular for business and enjoy the facility. Has a couple of restaurants in walking distance, coffee shop, Walmart, and many other choices. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's clean, spacious, friendly staff, and in a good location. It's not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. I seldom look elsewhere when planning stays in Monroe because I know what I'm getting, and am comfortable with that. By the way, it does have an indoor pool that I've never used. For those with kids +++
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
"Good stopping point."
In room with king bed, need more pillows since they are smaller. Otherwise, quite comfortable. Convenient, next to restaurants and theaters.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
M Norris
"Beds"
Beds were not as comfortable as other hotels.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
A decent place for that last minute "need a room". It is the typical old style motel look and feel i.e; Carpet, lamps, AC, bathroom, chairs, TV and remote, the telephone etc... Good location with shopping just down and across the street
3 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Computer wasnt working. The main problem was the door key. I am handicapped. Checking in i was not given a rm key and had to come back down to get one. Then one of the 2 didnt work. Then 2nd key would not work had to come back down for 3rd time and was told there must b a problem with key (215 room). At no time did anyone suggest a different room or offer to help. Just that i would have to lift up on door handle. This is difficult when u have a shoulder problem. I asked for partial credit and was told no. And no mod was there. I have called and still no mgr. Property mgr is only there once every 2 wks.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Patricia Antis
"DO NOT RECOMMEND"
When you first walk in the lobby, there was a terrible odor like sewage or a wet dog. 'The actual room wasn't as bad but still a slight odor. Also, they serve a continental breakfast but it closes at 9:30am. We have never stayed in a hotel whereby they stopped serving breakfast that early.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Almost excellent"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The only thing that is lacking is the quality of the breakfast they serve. Needs improvement.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Ricky
When we arrived our A/C was not working the desk clerk said she would have someone check it, we went to eat while we were out she called as said it was not working and that she was going to put us in a suite. When we got back to the hotel we went up to our what we thought was going to be a suite, it was a room with one king size bed and a small sofa that made into a bed we wanted two beds. We went back down to the desk clerk they had changed shifts by that time, the clerk told us they were sold out and that was the only room left, so we ask for a refund. She said the manager was the only one that could authorize that, she called the manager and the manager said yes they would refund us, we left and went to another hotel, that was 4 days ago and we still do not have our refund.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Eh"
We arrived late to this hotel and the night staff was pleasant. We went to the top floor to our room and noticed right away that the majority of the carpet, outside of the door to our room, was threadbare and dirty. While the room was large, it appears that it hasn't been updated or maintained in years. The tub faucet was wobbly and just barely attached, the carpet was dirty looking and worn, and the furniture was worn as well. We went down to breakfast about 8:45 AM only to find that there was barely any food left- no yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. and we were only left with disgusting eggs, sausage, hard biscuits, etc. When we asked the woman who worked the breakfast area to get items restocked, she denied the request as apparently they only put out X amount of food and when it's gone, it's gone. We were informed that food service ended at 9:30 AM and approximately 9:20, she was already removing everything- coffee included. Because the price of this "free" breakfast is included in your hotel fees, it was extremely disappointing. Also, the area smells horrible due to a paper plant in the vicinity.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
M
Good hotel for one night stay on the way to destination. Easy on/ off interstate.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Would not recommend."
The shower was disgusting with rust covering the drain. I could not connect to the internet for the two days i was there and this was after staying on the phone with the IT support of the service provider.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"My expectations were low and they met them"
We chose this location because it has some walkable destinations for food and entertainment for the kids. The hotel itself was adequate. But there were issues that seems to be indicative of a management issue. It was often hard to find someone at the front desk. The air conditioning in one of our rooms did not work. The hallways were very warm although the rooms were comfortable when the air conditioner was working. They did not seem to be consistent about towels we often only had one towel. The breakfast was somewhat bland but since it was included in the room was adequate. I do not think that you should have high expectations but if you get a good price it is an okay place to stay. If walking to a movie theater or restaurant is not an important factor then I would look around.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Fine stay"
Comfortable room and indoor pool made the stay very good. My daughter had fun in the pool.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Brett
"Cleanliness"
The room had a terrible odor.
1 night business trip May 27, 2014
"Cleans and quiet"
The hotel was clean and quiet, and the employees were nice and helpful, all I can ask for.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Easy to find"
Room and hotel amenities met all expectations. The room needed a little updating...chair was worn, and lamp shades in bad shape, but that is minimal for the location and comfort.
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
"Second visit"
This was the second stay at this location. Overall, no complaints. Rooms are a decent size, clean and it's fairly quiet. Seems to be in a nice part if town and very close to few good restaurants. I'll stay again.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
First time staying at Wingate. I was disappointed. It was a little shabby and run down. The bathtub had a large chip out of the porcelain.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Great central location"
This is our second time to stay at this Wingate. The property is very close to all things West Monroe...Duck Dynasty, ULM, etc. Other than a sulfur smell in the water, it's a great place to stay! We will be back!
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Shawna
"Ok"
Hotel was clean. Location was ok. Breakfast was good, but ran short of some items. Walls and ceilings were then. Could hear people in other room and also hear people walking on floor above.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Nice and clean hotel!"
Good experience with NO problems! Very clean room and friendly staff.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Jeanne
"nice but noisy"
The staff was nice but need a little attention to personal appearance. The breakfast was a welcome and stayed stock until the end. Rooms were clean and beds not have bad. Only thing, i could hear every time they flushed the toilet or eNd the shower above me.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Upon arriving, I went into the bathroom and noticed the drinking glass were dirty and the towels were dingy. I informed a young lady at the desk and she stated she would take care of it. She never did. The next morning I left the card on the night stand requesting they change the linen. After returning to the room, the bed was made with the same linen. For the amount of money I paid I was really disappointed. That was my first time staying there and I travel to Monroe at least once a month. I was anticipating a much better experience. I would appreciate a call back in regards to this matter.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Cedericealy Ealy
Was not pleased with breakfast. Eggs were awful. The overall breakfast except for coffee was substandard. Every other part of hotel was excellent. Beds were great, room clean nice bathroom. Check out was wonderful. Staff went up and beyond expectations .
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"needs help"
Had to get housekeeping or front desk to let us into the room. or leave it open the door lock needs to be fixed.they had to put there whole body into it to make it open after a few tries they could get it open.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
tammy
We enjoyed our stay...it was only one night, Spring break trip for my grand daughter and me. Other than our bed being a bit hard, every thing was very nice. My grand daughter loved the pool. The breakfast was good,...it had all the basic things, and we had plenty to eat. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
Linda Matlock
"Business center needs work"
I have stayed at a lot of Wingates over the years as a business traveler. I like the fast internet and well-outfitted business center. Internet was good enough here for video conferencing but the business center was terrible. One computer wouldn't print and the copier was completely down. This basically ruined my primary reason for staying here in the first place. Wingate managers, please pay attention to the business center. It's one of the things that makes me choose you over Hamptons for example.
2 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
"Close to Duck Commander sights"
The door had some issues when we tried our key, but after they showed us that you might need to pull toward you and turn handle, no further issues. Outside doors to building make a loud noise when they close if someone doesn't let it close slowly.
2 night family trip Mar 17, 2014
One More Traveler
"Wonderful location to all things Duck Commander..."
The location was fabulous; not too far from any of our Duck Commander sights. Also close to restaurants and stores including a SuperCenter. Pool temp. was comfortable and area was clean and maintained. Room was good for the price. Walls were paper thin though and we had neighbors on both sides. Something weird...there was a note in the room from the hotel explaining guests will be charged for towels/washcloths they felt got too dirty. They even provided makeup removing wipes (with cleaner already on them which I could not use due to my sensitive skin). Otherwise it was a fun time...West Monroe is a great city.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2014
"Clean"
The hotel itself and room were very nice, but we were woken up at 8:00 a.m. by housekeeping wanting our dirty towels. If you wear makeup, they do not want you using their towels to wash your face, instead they want you to use a towelette that they provide for you, so you do not stain their towels. My makeup does not stain towels if the towels are washed when you are done with them. We were also asked to reuse our towels. I do not reuse towels at home, I am certainly not going to reuse them at a hotel. Upon me opening the door to leave, there again stood housekeeping asking for our dirty laundry. I informed the young man that if he would give me a minute, he could have the room. I do not appreciate being woken up, especially when I am on vacation.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Good room but breakfast left a lot to be desired.."
If you want the free breakfast you better get there early. They don't restock the food and anything left is cold.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"good nights sleep with indoor pool"
everyone was nice, room was clean and comfortable with an indoor pool
It was a great stay.
2 night trip Mar 4, 2014
Tilden
"Best hotel for price in area"
This was a great hotel for the price, considering it had an indoor heated pool and hot tub. The service wasnt all that great tho...they forgot to clean my room one day and there was no laundry room. The location was great...ride beside Tinseltown movie theater and restaurants within walking distance.
4 night family trip Feb 13, 2014
Dustin
"Very good hotel"
Very good hotel, clean, comfortable, and a good value. Closet to restaurants and I-20.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Bobby
"The water was yellow"
When I arrived at my room and walked by the bathroom, I thought someone used the toilet and didn't flush. I flushed it and noticed the new water was a yellow color. When I turned on the tub water, it too was yellow. I took a sample from the sink and showed it to the lady at the front counter and was told "That's normal, but it's good water" I don't think it's normal to have yellow water so I tested this theory of being normal. I walked next door to the restaurant and asked for water with my meal and it was clear as ever. If yellow water is normal at this Wingate, I am not staying here again.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
Ok rooms for west Monroe. Nice pool indoor. Close to lot of restraunts.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"DON;T STAY UNTIL REMODELED MAYBE CLOSED WOULD BE BETTER."
TERRIBLE FROM THE MOMENT WE PULLED INTO THE PARKING LOT
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
CYNTHIA
"Nice place to stay in West Monroe"
Definitely better than some others in the area. A little more expensive, but worth it.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Not worth the price"
This is an older hotel but the maintenance and upkeep have been neglected. The back door to the hotel slams shut every time someone goes in or out all day and all night. The noise is enough to rattle the bed on the second floor in the suites. The elevators are operational at best. The hot tub was warm but it had wires hanging out in the hot tub that attach the lights. The swimming pool was too cold to even get into even though it is indoors. The free breakfast is good if you're up at 7 o'clock in the morning and get to eat before 9 o'clock when everybody has cleared everything out. I'm a positive note, this hotel is centrally located in West Monroe right off I 20 next to El Chico and other restaurants and also a movie theater right in the same parking lot.
2 night family trip Dec 13, 2013
Brandon
"Love it."
This is the favorite hotel we stay at when we go back and forth between Texas and Alabama, so I felt safe having my daughter stay there for her 1st stay in a hotel on her own.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2013
Martha
"Hotel staff is not great!"
The hotel staff was very unfriendly. First of all when I arrived to check in I was greeting later after she finished joking and smoking with the other hotel staff (took about 5 minutes) then was unsure if my room was cleaned and one key they gave me was not activated (luckily, I arrived late and wasn't planning on leaving after I checked that night anyhow). Secondly, the "free wifi" is not that great of services -- it keep kicking off my internet connection.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
My husband and I stayed here while visiting family over the Thanksgiving weekend. While the location was good and close to family and Black Friday shopping the hotel was not what I expected. Even though the hotel advertises non-smoking our room smelled like smoke. To cover up the smell of smoke the hotel used a very strong air freshener that gave me a headache. In addition, the room just did not appear to be clean. Over the course of a three night stay we experienced difficulty opening the door, lamps that did not work or were missing light bulbs and no clean towels after the room was cleaned. The breakfast was good with ample choices!
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
TX Nana
"Location"
Hotel is conveniently located near a movie theater, several restaurants, shopping and less than 10 minutes from Duck Commander headquarters. The hotel itself is okay for the price - fairly clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the hot water temp was difficult to regulate in the shower.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"Pleased"
Everything was wonderful! I wish they had two waffle makers to cut down the wait time when it gets busy. Also, I didn't like the air deodorizer because it irritated my sinuses.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Mikki
"Only downside of Entire weekend..."
The only downside of our entire weekend was the staff overseeing the continental breakfast. The hours are clearly posted that breakfast is available until 9:30 am on weekends. My problem is that at 9:00 am no more food is stocked on the food bar and at 9:20 am - the staff starts to clean and pull the food. There were at least 15 people trying to serve themselves but food was being pulled off in fron to them. I watched a young mother with two toddlers start making plates at 9:20 and they were pulling things from in front of her. My grou finally got up and assisted her with what was left. I feel sure this is such a wate of food or the staff eats on it all day or takes it home.. I found this to be VERY RUDE and notified the front desk.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"good hotel near our activity"
We went to this hotel to stay while we were participating in a Tennessee Walking Horse Show in Monroe. The hotel was only 5-6 minutes away from the venue. Our room was a generous size, comfortably furnished. There were plenty of TV channels. The bath was clean, as was the whole room. Bed was comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave. They had a nice breakfast area, with a good selection of foods-scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and the usual rolls and juices. We enjoyed this hotel, and will stay there again if we are in the area.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013