All hotels in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
387-397, Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ‏‎800-491-6126

"My go to low cost hotel in HK"
Cosmopolitan hotel is my I default stay in HK for a low price nice place. I have stayed there about 10 times now and never had an issue. The rates are really good and the staff is always on point. The one negative is the immediate area is empty. However a quick walk or taxi and you are good to go. They also give you a free mobile to use while in HK. I don't always use it but just the fact that offer it is super cool.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"Hong Kong Gettaway"
laundry services is pricey. Room service is great, the mini bar in the lobby is alright but I wish they had a full bar. Overall it was great, customer service/front desk are very helpful (the whole 9 yards) they will do anything until you are satisfied or fixed the problem. No regrets here.
4 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
"Beyond imagination!"
Incredibly helpful staff! They offer several shuttle buses to the nearest subway (though it is also within a 5-6 minute walkable distance ) and train stop to the airport. The room is nice and clean. I would say it is large, compared to other similar price range hotels in this location. they also offer convertor so you dont need to bring one.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Yiwei
"A nice place to stay in Hong Kong."
The facility is going through renovation. I was given a renovated room. There is no window, but the room was comfortable and nicely decorated for the price I paid. Hotel internet was awesome and to my biggest surprise, there was a mobile phone in the room for the guests. It was free, and loaded with some local apps to navigate around. It saved me from getting a local SIM card. I called US and Mainland China for my business for free... Big Plus!!
Other trip May 21, 2015
Fida
"Nice hotel, overall pleasant stay"
Pleasantly surprised with my stay at Cosmopolitan. The staff was very nice and overall very accommodating. Had booked a triple room. The beds were sufficient for a single person, not too small but still had room to roll around. The beds and pillow were comfortable as well. With the third bed in the room, the floor space near the closet was a little tight however. Bathroom and hotel room was otherwise very comfortable in size. A nice perk with this hotel is the small free phone that comes with each hotel room. This allowed us to have a mobile hotspot and very convenient during the use when travelling around Hong Kong. For someone that does not have an unlocked phone, this allowed me to at least have access to wifi. Convenient when I needed to look up stuff. Fantastic as I didn't have to pay extra to use. Biggest issue is the location. Only about 10 minute walk to Times Square. Located in a residential neighborhood, it was more quiet during the evening walks back. I believe the area is safe, but to walk from the hotel to the main road, you have to use an underlevel city tunnel. They are all throughout Hong Kong, and it is pretty convenient. The main problem is that you have to use it, and can not cross the street above ground. Problematic if you have bad knees,trouble walking the stairs, or need to carry luggage. Just be mindful with this. The hotel does provide free shuttle, but I did not have an opportunity to use it. Otherwise, great hotel
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Close to Everything"
Short Walk across the Street to the Jockey Club if you Like Horse racing - walk down Queens Way Road East for plenty of restaurants and boutiqure shops only 10-15 minute walk from Hotel. 20 minutes from Lockhart Street and Unbelievable NightLife that Hong Kong and Wan Chai District is known for. Sunday Afternoons at Bar 109 are Unbelievable - A show going on everywhere you look all afternoon till 7pm. Great Thai and Other restaurants - even an Outback Steak House.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"A nice hotel with nice rooms on Hong Kong Island"
The hotel is nicely furnished and the rooms are quite nice and fairly roomy for Hong Kong. It's an excellent choice for stay on Hong Kong island and is only a few blocks from the MTR station.
2 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
"One of my best hotel in Hong Kong!"
Impress with the room amenities, room service, good cleaning and very detail to small things.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"good location, near shopping, near race track"
this hotel was in a good location, great for shopping and food. 5 min walk to the underground or tram systems. across the street from the race track where you can run/exercise on the inner ring.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Alain
"Good for a short term stay"
I had a last minute booking so, understandably, the hotel was not able to fulfill my request for having my room not facing the cemetery. The rooms that do face that direction have the windows frosted, so you still are able to get sunlight in. I stayed in the standard room with 2 twin beds. The beds took up the entire room so there was not much space to move around. It would have been nice to have more closet space, but the bathroom and the shower stall were very spacious. The cellphone they provided with the room served decently as a WiFi hotspot. All of the staff that I encountered at the hotel were very friendly and were very willing to help. I commend them for providing such good service! The only thing that would be helpful for others to know, is that the MTR is about a 10-15 minute walk away. There is an MTR sign right in front of the hotel to a subway (meaning underground tunnel, for the foreigners), but I felt it was misleading. You're actually going to the Times Square entrance to find the MTR. If you're not up for walking in the heat, the hotel has free shuttle buses to the Causeway Bay MTR station every 30 minutes which is quite helpfulhelpfu The hotel also has a shuttle going to and from the Hong Kong Airport Express MTR line so you won't have to drag your luggage around with you. They don't have too much room on the bus for many luggages though. So keep that in mind. For the price, I felt that the Cosmopolitan was worth it and am satisfied with my booking.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Mischa
"不方便的酒店"
交通不方便。
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Bernardino P
"No nonsense clean and reasonably priced hotel"
Easy check in. Comfortable room. Free shuttle bus to Airport Connection train station where you can check into your flight then ride the train and head straight to departure. Only knock I have is the breakfast buffet was a little anemic and lacked fresh fruit (they were mostly canned fruits like peach halves ) Location is away from the crowded shopping areas
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Stay @ cosmo"
Clean hotel. Very small rooms, and they did not have the layaway bed option. They charged me close to an extra $100 for an extra bed.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
"Love the location!"
Like being across from Happy Valley for a fast jog in the morning. Close walk to shopping around Causeway Bay. A little bacon in the buffet for us westerners would be nice.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
KH64
We were moved from a windowless room ( the windows were frosted over) to a room with a view overlooking the race course. But we had to ask to be moved.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"The hotel has a good location and good shuttle bus"
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the location is good and the shuttle bus service is excellent
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Service during Breakfast"
Breakfast was disappointing the food wasn't fresh and the service wasn't good. We were greeted at the door but no one came by and the breads were already green. Food wasn't warm and the overall look was poor especially for the amount of money spent. I know 160 HKD isn't much but there was not much to eat either.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
tail
"Good value hotel"
Best part was the phone they provide for you to carry and then you always have free wifi
5 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2015
"Comfortable"
Close to Cause Bay Station for 7 min on foot. But very quiet location. Around Hotel, there is no convenience shop and restaurant. Reach them for 5 min on foot.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
ウホウホひで
"I like it..."
Great place to stay... very economical and right in the middle of everything...
2 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
Augusto
"Very small rooms!!!"
Everything is new, but absolutely no comfort, noisy and small
Response by Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments. We regret to know that your stay didn’t quite meet your expectation this time. We believe the noise you encountered was just an occasional case, that said, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. On your next visit, we recommend you to try our other room types that measure up to 48 sq. m. for a more spacious and comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Anton
"Good value hotel"
One thing that could be improved: room lacks overhead lighting. The two table lamps do not give enough light. Working and packing would have benefitted from better lighting.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Cynthia
"Good, clean rooms...great view of the Jockey Club"
I was there for a work conference and it was one of the recommended hotel. It was nice, but it would have been nice if breakfast was included. The service was efficient and very helpful though. I would stay at it again, but the neighborhood was somewhat not as convenient. It would have been nice to have a 7/11 around or something a bit similar.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Oustanding Facilities and Culture to Delight"
Overall great value, location can be better, however, strong attempts were made to compensate it by offering free shuttle buses to MTR subway stations and shopping mall including to the in town airport train connection. The 24 minute ride on the airport train to the city made the connection a breeze.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Good Hotel, A Few Kinks, but Overall Nice Stay"
The staff was very helpful in person. We were allowed to sit in their lobby and use the wifi to book the room via hotels.com. Over the phone, some of the evening and overnight staff had trouble understanding our request. Their English was decent at best. The manager upgraded us to the deluxe suite after realizing there were no more superior rooms available. This was very generous of him, but we had also paid our money. So, he may not have had another choice. The rooms were pretty decent sizes for any city, but especially for Hong Kong. This is one of the reasons that we booked the hotel. The first room was not clean by the windows and the carpet was very dirty with brown spots. We were moved first thing in the morning to a clean room. The second room was great, and the only problem was that the water was not steaming hot. It was hot, but a teasing hot - not the type of hot that makes you want to stay in the shower longer, though the water stings your body. The night of Chinese New Year, the water was great. Maybe they turned up the water pressure and heat since so many people had paid such a great amount of money for that single night. The next night, it was back to normal. The only other issue that we had is when we asked if there was any where to heat our food up, we were told the microwave doesn't work. At a 4 star hotel, this should not be the case, especially during CNY. Overall, we liked the hotel and their willingness to work with us.
2 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
Gabrielle
"Good hotel - good location"
I stayed at the hotel for more than a week. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it is clean, well run, many of the staff speak English very well and all aimed to please. The room was small (by US standards) but it was very comfortable and impeccably clean. Overall it was a GREAT value and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends or stay there again if I'm ever in HK.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
New to Asia
Nice hotel would stay again. 7th trip to hong kong
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Hotel has been renovated and remnants of the old facilities remain eg. just beyond the main lifts is another lift plus a goods lift tucked away which no-one seems to know about - great when main lifts are busy. We had a quad room and found it extremely tight. 1 double bed was pushed up against the window with just enough room to contain the curtains and the other double was crammed against the wardrobe with access if you turned sideways and slid yourself along the gap. Bathroom was the smallest and tightest ever and only room for 1 person. Poorly designed with the vanity on a 45deg angle which encroached into the already tight space and the shower door which should have been right hand hinged - you had to jump over the toilet bowl to open the door. Views were great especially at night. Location meant only a short walk to Causeway Bay under a street underpass and weaving your way through thousands of locals and millions of mainland chinese pulling suitcases behind them - a daily feat with young family in tow. Use the hotel shuttles! Best facility is the free use cellphone with wifi hotspot which we took every where and meant internet access for the young ones. The room also has 4 bottles of water everyday.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"mr"
Hotel clean
6 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Manyiu A
"It's a very good Hotel in Hong Kong."
Nice Hotel with friendly staffs. Walking distances to a lot of places. Will stay again.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Helen
"Neither Pleasing Nor Hospitable"
I arrived at the hotel and was immediately disappointed with the view, or lack thereof. This area is an eyesore. There's an overpass that runs right next to the hotel. The hotel lobby was outdated and there were hideous chairs with worn fabric, but the lighting was good, it was clean, and it looked like it could easily be updated. Before arriving, I emailed three times asking if I could upgrade my room. I kept getting the same generic response of, "upgrades are subject to availability." There was a definite lack of customer service. When I went to check in, the concierge "upgraded" me to a twin room instead of a double. This wasn't exactly what I meant, but it would do. The concierge wasn't extremely accommodating or friendly, however. Then, when I asked about adding the weekend trip to my frequent flier miles, she informed me that my room didn't qualify, which is fine, but again her tone wasn't hospitable. The bedroom had been recently renovated and the carpet and paint looked newish. The linens were a terrible yellow color instead of the usual crisp white. The bathroom had no ventilation, and the toilet was stained, so even after flushing, it left a yellowish water in the bowl. The water pressure in the shower was good, thankfully. All in all, I was disappointed in my stay and I won't be returning to the Cosmopolitan again. From now on, I'll be enjoying the accommodations I normally frequent when I'm in Hong Kong.
Response by Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
Dear Hannah, Thank you for your comments. We regret to know that your stay didn't meet your expectation. Please be assured that we will reinforce training to all our front line teams to ensure excellent service under any circumstances, sorry for the inconvenience caused this time. Your comments towards our bathroom facilities are well noted, rest assured that it was only an occasional issue. We will definitely remind our housekeeping team to follow our protocol strictly to ensure good condition of every guestroom. We hope this single experience will not prevent you from staying with us again, look forward to welcoming you back for another promising stay soon.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Hannah
"Very nice hotel"
The staff were very friendly and helpful.they were able to call a taxi for us or shuttle bus to take us where we wanted to go
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
patty
"Terrible location"
No heating in room. Must turn on air con during shower otherwise fire alarm can go off. Terrible breakfast buffet and no cheap. Very erratic wi fi can stop working any time. Remodeling noise from 9am. To 10 pm during my stay, just terrible.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Raymond
"Good stay, not the best"
Very good staff and service. Location not very good but good hotel shuttle.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"A fine hotel, a little out of the way"
Be careful about booking the correct room. The website knew that three of us were going to stay in the room, but it still gave us a room with 2 single beds. To be fair, the fine-print indicated this, so I should have known and been able to correct ahead of time. Otherwise, this is a fine hotel. It is being renovated, which update the small rooms but don't give them any more space. The hotel is located a fair walk from the MTR and major shopping areas.
3 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
"Well priced for central location"
Comfortable stay Reasonably priced Renovated Rooms
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Jaz
"HK Stay"
Very nice but room is small, maybe that is standard for HK hotels
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Hotel trip to Hong Kong"
Shutter Bus service is very good, the room is small but is clean.
3 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
Yang
"Excellent hotel"
Had a wonderful stay. Clean, spacious and comfortable room. The hotel provided a data enabled device to use during the stay which was very useful.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"better than expected"
Nice and clean, wifi not that good though (i don't really care)
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Cesar
"Awesome"
We enjoyed our stay. The staff were really helpful and courteous. The hotel's location is convenient and offers free shuttle services.
3 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Agnes Lee
"Hotel located by cemetery."
Hotel is located by a cemetery. For rooms faced cemetary the windows are sealed. Standard rooms are small. If you want bigger room or room with unsealed windows you need to upgrade. Early check in is nearly impossible. You need to wait until two pm to check in and get to your room.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Lyd
"Worst hotel experience ever"
This hotel hands down is the new low of hotel stay that i have seen. All aspects of this hotel were terrible. I booked this hotel based on the reviews i read here. Apparently not using hotel site was a mistake as they gave me possibly the smallest and worthless room in the hotel and when i probed bit further they said this is the room they are assigning for other site reservations. The room faced a cemetery, although while booking i asked for non cemetery room. I forgot to bring this up while checking in. After i got into the room, voila it was cemetery facing (how could it not be). So i called front desk and explained to them that i don't want a cemetery facing room and any other room is fine (don't need a pretty view, just not cemetery facing). Here is the interesting part, they gave me the SAME room, 4 floors down. So i called again and they said "all other rooms were executive except this one" and any other room would increase the rate by $500 HKD. I didn't cave in so took the room. About the room itself, its the smallest possible room ever (believe me i am not being dramatic, just stating facts). Staff and concierge were clueless about anything I asked. Couldn't help with any question about restaurant or sightseeing. Front desk staff was extremely rude. Good things, Hotel was fairly clean, good location and free shuttles all day to main points of interest.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2014
Rohit
"Rates high in guest support"
The best part of the stay was the Mobile phone provided in every room. It gives you unlimited internet sevice, unlimited local calls, free calls to 7 countries. You can tale the phone anywhere you go to. It can even provide a Hotspot signal so your own mobile can get Internet access anywhere in HK. Great feature! This service was a first time for me. This is not even available in higher category hotels. The hotel staff provides excellent guest services. From the front desk staff. To the concierge. To the staff at the lobby and transportation areas. Everyone was so customer-oreinted - always getting a Yes and never a No. The free hotel shuttle service to all the important areas was both reliable and efficient, and more than makes up for the hotel's location. Rooms are relatively small bit well designed - no inconveniences and discomforts here. Downsides: The nearest convenience store is a 15 minute walk away and involves crossing a pedestrian subway. And the coffee from the lobby bar was very pricey.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
VYM
"Comfortable, clean, friendly hotel with good price"
I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past years. I've never been disappointed. Good, reasonably priced breakfast buffet.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
HK Traveler
"Free Cell Phone Use Big Plus"
Small but nice room. Convenient free cell phone that was extremely helpful. The room's windows were glossed so there was absolutely no view, which was a bit weird. Overall great and affordable place.
4 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Diego
"First Cosmopolitan Stay"
Great Hotel withnice room - but long walk to MTR
2 night business trip Dec 19, 2014
"Small room"
Nice hotel, but very confined space for 3 people.
3 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Jordan
"Excellent hotel in a convenient locationT"
Tasty breakfast buffet, knowledgeable employees who fix any problems or answer any questions about the room and hotel services such as when and where their shuttle buses go. They provide a free 3G phone which can be set to be a WiFi Hotspot for our own phones and laptop. And we carried it in our pockets to have WiFi access anywhere in Hong Kong. A slight drawback is there are few reasonably priced restaurants nearby other than the pricey hotel restaurants. You will need to walk a ways or take a shuttle bus or cab.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
traveler
"Frustrated"
Internet not reliable and was needed to correspond with family in US. Refrigerator not working and another thing needed for food needs. Left two days early losing money etc. not a good fit at all.
6 night family trip Dec 7, 2014