All hotels in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
387-397, Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel and well located"
The hotel was quite comfortable. The room and bathroom was clean. Good shower. Breakfast OK
Mummi and Magga
Nice. A little bit small room very far from the Mir station
joel
"Avg Hotel with Covenient Location & Superb Staff"
Room remodeled but little room to move around. Even though in a non-smoking room, our clothes all reeked like smoke when we returned home. Staff superb!
Former Resident
"The location of the hotel is great"
The location of this hotel is great as it is a short walk to Times Square. We started our trip in the regular room, but my wife found it to be too small so we upgraded to the deluxe room which was still small, but better. It also had a decent view. Wireless in the room is needlessly locked to one device per day, but they have this really cool smartphone that you can use in the room. With this smartphone you can tether and get free internet as well as call to many countries free. If you like you can take the phone out and use it in HK. What a great add on! I called my Mom in the US right away. The Cosmo is a good hotel that most things right.
Damian
"Pleasantly Surprised!"
Travelling to Hong Kong usually means paying more for a hotel room and getting less, this hotel was a welcomed surprise. The room was absolutely lovely. It was a bit larger by Hong Kong standards, well decorated, and an excellent use of space. Because I booked through Expedia they elevated me to the VIP floor and really gave me the royal treatment. I received two 50% off vouchers for breakfast and 2 free drinks at their sister hotel just one block away. The bathroom was stunningly decorated and the water pressure superb. The bed was very comfortable with white cotton down comforter and ample pillows.
Maggie
"Too far from shopping area"
The receptionist that attended us when we checked in is not polite.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Betty
"Free phone!!"
Great value. Fantastic shower with hot hot water and a high flow rate. The minibar is reasonably priced. It's not in the middle of everything, but it is right next to bus lines and the hotel offers a lot of free shuttles to different areas, including Central Station. There are also frequent taxis. But the kicker is that you are provided a free Android smart phone to use which you can tether to your own devices for free wifi anywhere you go. Calls to the US, HK, and a few other local countries are free as well. It has a lot advertising on the home screen, but that doesn't compromise it's Google Maps or hotspot abilities.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
Kyle
"Great hotel, though a little out of the way"
Very nice hotel and exactly what I paid for. A bit of extra walking distance from the main MTR stops, but great if you're willing to take buses or taxis. Room was clean, though bed was a bit too tough for my taste
4 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Alex
"Not Bad,"
The hotel is good and the location is in walking distance of Time Square.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Erroll
"Convenient and competitive price."
The location is pretty good. Easy walk to drinks and dinner.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
"Overall commendable"
A patchy check in kept me sitting in the lobby from 7am until 1pm. After a 15 hour flight followed by Airbus & Cab transfer from HK airport, I was disappointed the hotel could not offer an earlier check-in. "The hotel is very busy, sorry" was the best on offer. Perhaps 12.00pm, staff told me. I was offered a room at 1pm. Sitting in full sight of the staff, no-one approached me, to let me know. The room, probably, was available earlier. The hotel is located opposite HK Jockey club, the neighorhood clean and safe. There is a lot of heavy traffic in this area, but that's Hong Kong, I guess. M Once in the room, all is well. Small-ish, but clean, modern and well equipped. Service is efficient, polite and prompt. I asked for an iron, this arrived within 5-10 minutes. I asked for food, this arrived promptly also. The 'Handy" courtesy phone is fabulous and can handshake with your laptop and cellphone. Walking and exploring with the "Handy" and GPS makes life all the easier. Locals tell me the GPS around HK is notoriously temperamental, but for sight seeing and general navigation I found it useful. You can also make free international calls. The single biggest gripe is the $150 fee for the shuttle. for my return trip to HK International airport. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought this was a complimentary service. The shuttle itself is air conditioned and very comfortable. The ride seemed to take a long time compared to Air Train and cab, which took me to the hotel on arrival.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Convienent hotel location"
Second time stayed in this hotel, the location is great, only 8-10 mins walk to time square. The shuttle bus provided by the hotel was so so, the seats are small, is not necessary on time( we waited 25 min for the bus to leave to wan chai, on the return we waited 45 min) and the driver is kind of rude, but it does get to the places we wanted to go. Taxi is bit difficult to get as due to the 'occupied central'/ 'unberlla movement'. Overall, most of the hotel staff are very polite and helpful, so it is still a great place for a short stay.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Kai
"great value"
been staying there for years....recently upgraded hotel...perfect
3 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
owen
"Nice Central Hotel"
Close to transportation. Not many places to eat nearby though. Room on 25th floor overlooking Queens Rd; large windows excellent view, nicely appointed room. Hotel staff were nice ready to provide service. He Jiang Restaurant (in the hotel) was a bit pricey; waitress/waiter at dinner time had language problems did not understand simple questions; this restaurant caters to foreigners particularly English speaking, perhaps a translator will help.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
D
"Free smartphone to use during entire stay"
Booked the hotel because of the good rating and reasonable prices. When we got into our room we noticed that the hotel gives each resident a smartphone to use for free. Not sure if the data limited but we were able to use Google Maps, internet and phone without a problem.
6 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
Drew
"Hotel was okay...Not 4 Star"
Check-in was slow. Hotel and room was okay. I was expecting something nicer based on hotel rating and reviews from others.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Carolyn
"What a great hotel."
They have the most helpful staff ever. Everyone is helpful & kind. that made my stay enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"HOTEL WORTH STAYING AT."
GREAT HOTEL AND SERVICE AS WELL SEEMS LIKE A 5 STAR HOTEL VERY CONVENIENT WITH SHUTTLE BUSES AND SURROUNDINGS,TRY IT OUT YOU'LL BE BACK.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
MIGUEL M
"Nice hotel for the price."
Nicely appointed rooms. Small, but have every thing you need with luxurious linens on beds. Baths really small. The staff met our every request within minutes, and were very pleasant and seemed eager to please. My deluxe room and niece's suite provided smart phones for our use during our stay. Very helpful. Wonderful views from upper floors. $3 cab ride from "Central" MTR station. Airlines have checkin counters. So you can check your luggage and board airport express train and be at the airport in 25 minutes.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
vcgfriday
"nice hotel- great staff"
great room. got upgraded as a gold member. only thing of problem was the hotel was quite far from the metro station. but there is a shuttle to take you to causeway bay.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
arian
"A quick nights stay"
Was a nice room though it was a little loud from nearby traffic most of the night. Quietest times were from 4am to 7am.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
The room is small. The price is ok. The facility is very old.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Convenient location, can walk to HK Time Squares"
Pleasant, however according to the mgr the room we booked for 3, with the extra bed would not have much room for luggages and it doesn't have window or view. They offer to upgrade to deluxe room for $50 US per night. We were on the top floor, the view was awesome. The service is excellent.
4 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
npc
"Horribly Noisy"
My wife and myself stayed at this hotel, Cosmopolitan Hotel for 4 days. During the days from 10 am to 6 pm, the noise begins: drilling, loud noises of ripping, poking. Our first day was horrible. We want to rest from a long trip but sleep is too elusive because of unending noise. We complained from the management but they offered us 2 solutions: to move to another room with additional charge because it's more "classy" and farther away from the source of drilling area or go out from the hotel from 10 am and come back after 6 pm when the maintenance crew are out of work.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Nice hotel but a little isolated"
Cosmopolitan Hotel is fine. The gym could use a stationary bike, but it did have running machines, stair stepper and some weights.. One problem is that the hotel is isolated. To get to a restaurant outside the hotel, you must walk around 10 minutes.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Small room; above average conditions"
Given the price, the small room is almost expected, especially in a tiny place like Hong Kong.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Cost Effective"
Nice hotel and very clean. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Only drawbacks were small room and no restaurants right around it. Had to walk 10-15 minutes to go someplace else to eat or get a cup of coffee. Only had an expensive breakfast buffet.
3 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Barry
"Comfortable but not at all"
Good room, quality furniture, comfortable bed. Too noisy aircon ever at low speed. Can't use 2 devices (iphone and iPad) together for free. You can connect to internet only one device for free, expensive internet for 2nd and others. Weak speed for free internet. I did not find the list of TV channels. I ordered taxi to airport at night time but the staff overslept and ordered taxi with delay. Taxi driver was good and delivered me in time.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Great hotel with surprise"
Loved that a free mobile with flat rate Internet is provided for the stay to be used in all of HK! That was a real WOW moment. Great hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Patrick
"Cosmopolitan- Hotel in Wan Chai Hong Kong"
Needed a room for overnight stay. Bus stop was right in front of hotel . Convenient location . Basic Room amenities okay but no hair dryer. Robes and slippers were a nice touch. If you need 2 Double beds, it is over of few hotels that have them.
Response by Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
Dear Guest, Thanks for your valuable comments. We are happy to know that your stay was a great one this time. Actually we do provide hair dryer in every guestroom and I hope you had the chance to seek for assistance from our staff on the spot. That said, it’s great to know that our Family Quad Room featuring 2 double beds is to your liking. Recently, we have also launched an array of new family amenities like the mobile storybook library, child toiletries and in-room little surprises etc. which will definitely impress your next stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
vve
"Clean, comfortable, convenient"
Convenient to see most places in HK Island, very good room, there was a complementary (basic) smartphone with free wifi, and 3G. This was an excellent idea and made it so much easier to contact friends staying nearby and getting around.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great Value for the Money"
Room was recently renovated and very comfortable. Location is good and easy to access to Happy Valley and Times Square.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Not bad place stay, in case of money and quality of the services provided.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Close to a lot of eating places."
Friendly and very helpfull . I like the most was the bed. Very comfortable . The room very clean.
summer fun !
"I will return even the location is not convenient"
We got an upgrade to the executive floor. The room is nice. Two double beds make the stay comfortable since we have three. Not many hotel in HK has two double beds. Location is really a negative factor if not the free shuttle service. There is basically nothing around the hotel except a cemetery and a sports center. Either taxi or shuttle if we want to go anywhere. On the positive side, the hotel room is clean and nice. The hall way is a little damp so it has a funny smell. Staff are very helpful and voluntary provide suggestions and money saving ways of travel to our destinies instead of just put us on a taxi. One great feature this hotel has is that it supply us with a mobile phone for free. We can use it as our room phone, as well as carry out as a mobile phone. We were allow to call anywhere in HK and also to US, and China. At least to the countries we tried. All for free. It is a smart phone so we have internet service on the phone. It also let us do hot spot to the phone so we have internet connection throughout HK wherever we go. All for free. The connection speed is very fast even we have three phones attached to it. Definitely a nice feature for me to return to.
Yoda
"Nice place to stay."
Rooms are recently remodeled, clean and cozy. Only complaint I have is that the rooms are so small, that you have to block the door to open your suit case. If I had brought 2, there would be no room to open the second suit case. Our room had no view as the glass was etched so you could not see out. Staff was outstanding, shuttle was great, location was perfect. I would definitely stay again but change rooms.
Rod
"false advertisement"
I ordered the hotel via internet. It says $100/night, double bed room. However, when I arrived, I was told that to get the room as same as the one showed in their website, I need to add $45/night. If not, I can only get a closet size room that was remodeled from a tool room, about 8ft x 8ft, no closet, no window. I ended up being forced to take their "upgrade offer" and paid $710 for 4 nights. Why more than $145/night? because the room rate changes every day. When I check out, they told me that their exchange rate is 1 to 7 while the bank exchange rate is 7.8. This hotel is not honest.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Cosmo feedback"
Thanks for the opportunity to reply. The hotel was great and the staff were fantastic. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tip, (offer money)sometimes I did and sometimes I didn't. It didn't seem to effect the service. I would return to the hotel. Although it seemed some distance from the centre of town.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
"Convenient and comfortable"
This hotel is very convenient as regards access to areas on Hong Kong island and was a very comfortanle stay. We stayed for 8 nights and were very happy.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Good hotel"
Nothing bad i can think of. Location is good, room is not very big, but comfortable and clean. Staff helpful. Breakfast is good. There is actually in-room WiFi, can be included in room rate, like i had, but if not, can pay to have it. There is a tram stop just outside of hotel for cheap transport. Can recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Vladimir
"Excellent hotel, cheap price"
Room had a spectacular view of the racecourse from the 21st floor, bed very comfortable and bathroom nice. Big TV in room, big closet.. Concierge happy to provide extra amenities when the airline lost my luggage. Of course, wish there Wi-Fi in the rooms (lobby only) and the hotel is a little far from the nearest MTR stop (keep in mind the sweltering summer heat), although the complimentary shuttle service is a plus. None of these are cons, considering the price!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Explore Hong Kong"
The stay was much better than expected after my first impression of the lobby and check in. We were too early 11 am but could not get early check in. Was OK since it was noon already and we got lunch and met a friend. The lobby is not that fancy but our hotel room was great. We got a complementary cell phone with data to use throughout our stay. The room service was very friendly. The hotel location is great. You can basically walk to any place in downtown within 30-45 minutes. If you don't want to walk there are multiple complementary shuttles available.
4 night romance trip May 30, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel & Convenient Location"
This hotel is beautiful! It is conveniently located in the Causeway bay area and offers free shuttles to nearby attractions. Most of the staff is very friendly and will help you get where you need to go. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will probably stay there again if I am in town for business.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Great deal for the price"
It's an older hotel, but well maintained. Service is very good. Needs a 7-11 convenience store real close - the closest one is a hike. At should have bottled water supply nearby. Rooms older but clean. Location on edge of Wan Chi - area of great activity and taxi/subway are nearby.
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
L
"Another great experience at the Cosmopolitan"
The first time I stayed here was in 2005, so I was a bit worried about how well the place had held up over nearly a decade. However, they're in the middle of renovations and I was upgraded (by a wonderful woman named Agnes) to one of the newly renovated rooms with a king-size bed. Though the room was quite a bit smaller than the one I stayed in previously, it was really well designed and very comfortable. I actually prefer it to the larger room. The city view was amazing, esp. during one stormy lighting-filled night. The mattress was great... better than during my previous stay. Though the metro is a bit of a walk, there are plenty of free hotel shuttles going to various parts of the city and there is a tram that stops just across the street (only $HK 2.30!). Only a couple of small complaints: the lighting in the bathroom is not too good (only overhead LEDs, so lots of shadow on the face) and the roomy shower would have been much improved if a ledge could be provided away from the shower head for toiletries (there was only a wired soap holder under the shower head which tends to get a lot of water, and it's hard to balance items on the wires). Overall, can't wait to return!
7 night family trip May 3, 2014
Janut
"Not nearly as Convieient as the map indicates!"
Booked this hotel for 8 days to attend two back-to-back International conventions in Hong Kong. Map location seemed to indicate it had a central location. If you are not booking a Grand Deluxe level room, don't waist your money. Jackhammer noises throughout the day WILL be heard LOUDLY and constantly. Second your "included complementary wi-fi" ISN'T included until you pay a DAILY "service fee". In fact EXPECT A confrontation at check-in over whether you pre-paid for breakfast and internet regardless of your documentation. I had a 15 minute, 4 staff member "pow-wow" over my booking and after FORCEFUL discussions finally received my breakfast vouchers and included "Wi-Fi". The service fee was their "gotcha" that only became apparent at log-in. I decided to just pay it as the effort to return to the front desk and fight it wasn't worth the aggravation. Speaking of aggravation, I witnessed, on a daily basis, scores of other travelers going through the same grinding routine at check-in. Over 8 days, I realized my experience was clearly the NORM, NOT an isolated incident. Hong Kong rightfully boasts of itself as an International top-tier, modern city and many of their hotels are just that (Conrad, JW Marriot, etc). This is NOT a 4 star Hong Kong hotel, it's not even in the same ZIP CODE of 4 star. AVOID or at least be forewarned!
8 night trip May 7, 2014
"HK Stay for INTA"
For a business stay near Convention Center, this is a great hotel
5 night trip May 10, 2014
"Correct and good quality for the price"
stayed 5 nights with 2 adults and 3 kids in a double queen room
Other trip May 10, 2014
Laurent
"Good deal for what you get"
The location is a good 10-15 walk from either Causeway Bay or Wan Chai MRT stops, and the convoluted roads make it hard to find your way. The hotel is decent, but they don't have internet in the room and the windows on the backside are totally frosted. If you pay the premium price, though, you'll get a frontside room with internet. The gym is small, but does the job.
2 night trip with friends May 5, 2014
"Nice Updated"
New room was very nice. Most rooms in HK are small which this was as well, but it was nicely laid out and the bed was very comfortable. Overall a good stay. The room was priced average...not too high but certainly not low.
Other trip May 3, 2014