All hotels in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America
1314 Route 28, South Yarmouth, MA, 02664, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fine Hotel"
I feel that this hotel is rated appropriately. Clean room, clean bathroom, good size to room, indoor pool and hot tub, outdoor pool small, but clean. They let us check in one hour early which was nice. All was well.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not an accommodating inn."
Not a good experience. Realized on our first day that the tub drain was clogged and just a quick shower left water up about four inches deep. When management was told, it didn't get fixed until halfway through the next day. Tried the indoor pool and found several balls of what looked like black hair floating around. At the end of day two, we got back late and discovered that our room had not been cleaned at all by anyone. When we asked management about it, they said that staff had signed off as cleaning the room. They offered some clean towels because the room cleaning was done for the day.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Hotel was conveniently located. Outdated, and in need of some work: our room had a funky smell, no fan in bathroom and mold beginning to grow on bathroom ceiling. We chose it because it was pet friendly: but only learned of a charge at check in! We were told $25/night, yet the guest book in the room said $15/night. Our dog is a service dog, so we did not have to pay the charge, but had to convince staff every day at breakfast that she was permitted. Breakfast was pretty good. Indoor pool was a hit with the grandkids. Probably won't go back.
4 night trip Jul 21, 2014
This hotel was dull and boring. There wasn't much to do inside this hotel except to the indoor/outdoor pools. We had to go out into to town to enjoy most of our vacation. However, the hotel was kept clean. I would not do another family stay there due to lack of activities.
4 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Mid Price and Mid Quality"
You get for what you pay: no less or no more.
7 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
"Good until bed time.."
Cute place, relatively clean, friendly staff, convenient location, good price.... Got into bed without checking the sheets first, they were full of sand and dog hair.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
"Location was good for our visit"
We stayed for three nights and were very satisfied with our stay. We had read about other hotels on the Cape with musty smells. This hotel had no smells at all. The only other thing we were concerned about is they are pet friendly. We do not like the idea that an animal possibly was sleeping in our bed previously to our stay, but our room was just fine.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Fred
"Decent hotel for short stays"
The hotel was reasonably priced for the area it is in and the time of the year. Facilities were adequate and breakfast was standard.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Sri
Quite surprised to find the phone in room did not function. Room 216. And TV remote batteries constantly fell out.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
D. Meade
"Conveniently located, but outdated like most hotel"
Great location nearby a lot of great spots and towns. However, the rooms were so out dated and smelled a bit "odd". Not sure if it's because they allow pets, or used to allow smoking, but it had a bit of a smell to it. And the AC hardly worked, so on a day that it'd 85 degrees out, that's not ideal. I'd come again for convenience, but not to truly enjoy it.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"what a dump"
This place was the worst place I ever stayed at, dirty, and the people at the front desk were rude and inconsiderate.
4 night romance trip Jul 1, 2014
"A Good Place To Stay"
Our experience staying at the hotel was good, The area was great very close to all the attractions and beaches either for adult or kids.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Jose
it was ok,
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Nice hotel."
Good overall experience would stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Nat
"Pleasan t and Reasonable"
Ambassador Inn was a very pleasant and reasonable hotel. Rooms were well kept, breakfast was okay, nice but small pools and very nice staff. It is right near Bass River and there are plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance. Very convenient location but out of the fray of Hyannis.
3 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Deirdre
"Fantastic choice of the amenities"
Fantastic choice of the amenities for the VERY affordable price. Excellent swimming pool with warm whirlpool. Great location with nearby public beaches. Quiet atmosphere and friendly staff. All what is necessary for the family vacation.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
Ivan Levin
"perfectly content"
3 rooms 6 people no complaints, room was clean, quiet and comfortable
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
cedroberts
"Fair hotel for a single nights stay"
The receptionist was nice. Room was small, not all lights worked, alarm clock was broken, bathroom very small. Continental breakfast was about .5 out of 10... bad coffee, stale bread for toast, something pretending to be bagels, and cereal.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Great service, clean, and convenient for a reasonable price!
1 night business trip May 7, 2014
It was a good stay and affordable for a dog stay.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
We had two rooms because the first room toilet leaked and was wobbly. The second time the toilet was a bit wobbly but it didn't leak. the room was clean. Breakfast was good to okay.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
very comfortable and clean. Needed a new shower head and toilet rocked/loss.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"Needs improvement"
Pluses: Was quiet for the first few night of my stay (in early April). Hot tub was fine. Minuses: Breakfast buffet was limited to the basics. TV remote didn't have # buttons to enter channels, only up/down. Tub had a slow drain, so early into my shower I was standing in a puddle. Walls are actually thin, so on my last night I could hear my neighbors talking/snoring. My friend in a different room complained of a drawer handle coming loose. Overall my visit was fine since there were not many guests there during most of my stay. But there is lots of room for improvement.
4 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"Great value, excellent service."
Whenever I come to the Cape, this is generally where we stay. Love the convenience, friendly helpful staff, pool and hot tub and overall experience... always positive. Thank you.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Sandi
"great time"
The indoor pool was perfect for the kids, the continental breakfast was great! The hotel is in a great location...lots of things to do or just take a ride to the shops and restaurants along Rt 28!! We will definitely go back!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
The pool was very cold. Tiles were broken off on the jacuzzi and the hotel was very rundown. The one redeeming value was the breakfast.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Only bad part, slow speed internet"
Like every other hotel/motel, the internet speed is horrible. That was the only part of this stay that was bad. The experience was great, clean, and the best part is the staff actually read the notes/needs we wrote on the reservations. Where have you seen that lately? Great supply of hot water for showers. Across the street is a great Irish pub/restaurant. Fix the internet speed and it would be a perfect stay. We will use this hotel again in the future.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Cleanliness, convenience, comfort..."
I was extremely pleased with my accommodations. My stay was peaceful and suited my needs perfectly. The staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel is very well managed and maintained, and everything was spotlessly clean. My room, the pool area, lobby and breakfast room were all quite lovely, with a "cozy" quality about them. I felt very safe and at home and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or to recommend Ambassador Inn and Suites to my friends. And...the complimentary breakfast was great!
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
L. R.
"Pet Friendly"
Had a great stay at the hotel this past weekend. Had to travel but needed to take my dog with me so limited my motel options. thought it was going to be smelly and noisy as it was pet friendly but I was sooo wrong! My room was wonderful - there was no hint of there ever being an animal in there before me. Also not noisy at all and I did see other dogs in the hallway but everyone was well behaved and respectful. I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great, convenient location."
As always, our stay was very good. Pleasant, helpful staff and clean rooms. Love the pool.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Sandi Fee
"Way too noisy!!"
DUE TO BAD KNEES, WE HAD REQUESTED A FIRST FLOOR ROOM.SADLY THE ROOM WAS RIGHT ACROSS FROM THE POOL AND THERE WAS AHUGE CROWD OF YOUNG SOCCER PLAYERS STAYING AT THE HOTEL.THEY SCREAMED AND RACED DOWN THE HALLS TILL WELL AFTERTEN P.M.THE STAFF MADE NO EFFORT TO CONTROL THEM NOR DID THE PARENTS.WE HAVE BEEN THERE FOUR YEARS IN A ROW BUT WE'RE DONE.GUESS WE,RE JUST TOO OLD FOR THAT ATMOSPHERE!
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
MARK
"had a great stay"
pool and hot tub are terrific hours 9 to 9 work great. hot breakfast was good. Easy parking and great location. Good restaurants within walking distance. Had a great lazy man's lobster at the restaurant across the parking lot, the river way.I would stay again at this hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
Jose
"SEC. STAY HERE AND I'LL STAY AGAIN!"
GREAT PLACE WORTH EVERY CENT PAYED
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
CAPT.BOB
"Not a place for Asthmatics/Allergy-stricken folks"
It smelled like Cigar smoke, masked with some cinnamon air freshener. The entire hotel, including the room, had that cinnamon cigar smell. The pool was cloudy just like every other review mentioned (should've listened). The pool water left a disgusting taste on our lips when we dove in. No lights in the water, so the cloudiness was not that visible. But once you go in, you notice the lack of maintenance. One of my kids develop bad allergies (sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes), most likely from the dingy carpet that smelt like cinnamon cigar. My second child developed an asthma attack, causing us to use Prednisone (steroid med) to calm it down. We stayed one night and that was enough for us. It was just too unsanitary. That pool alone, was the scariest. God knows what's lurking in that cloudy water. Not forgetting that disgusting carpet that's all over the hotel and rooms. Oh, forgot to mention, the hotel is neighbor's with a cemetery. No where is that mentioned on the website.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
JRF
"great location"
Found the hotel was very clean, staff very nice and helpful. Management , very nice and helpful. Beautiful indoor pool. Close to many resturants. Would definitely stay there again. Was pet friendly, and the rooms were very clean and no evidence of pets being there previous to our stay.
2 night trip Oct 1, 2013
everything was fine.Room was nice ,clean. We usually go the cape in the summer, but wanted to see it in the fall. Loved the hotel. The continental breakfast could have better choices....but it was fine. Location was perfect. Overall stay was great..we would stay again.....come in summer and fall!!
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
karen
"very clean ,pool wonderful, clean and sparkled."
Great place to stay with family, we had 3 rooms and can't complain about anything, oh one little one, People below left their dog in their room and it barked for a good 45 minutes at 8:45p.m on ,People shouldn't leave dogs in rooms without owners in the rooms ,after all a dog is probably wondering where it is and if it had been left. scared to death.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Great pool and linens, central location."
Expedia and the hotel didn't get our reservation somehow, but when we called it was cleared through. Ok when not too many customers, but a disaster if the hotel is full. Fortunately, it was handled smoothly and all was well.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"A night at the Ambassador"
Well kept up older facility. Comfortable beds and aminities
bill
"A fairly comfortable and fairly nice hotel"
All was fair to good. Only downside for me was the odor the place had. Otherwise an okay experience.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Not all rooms have been renovated"
The exterior of the hotel looked decent upon arrival, but the front "smoking" deck was dirty, the one ashtray was filled to the brim with cigarettes, and the furniture was stained and worn. The lobby had a nauseating sweet bubblegum smell, the room I was given had a broken screen, the windows were dirty and didn't open, the tile was poorly repaired in the bathroom and the bathroom door was falling apart - and there was hair on the shower wall. It was not the experience I was expecting and would not return on my next trip.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2013
Barbara L
"Not the place to stay out of season!"
Bathtub drain was clogged, no fun standing in dirty water. Couldn't open the window. No breakfast availab as promised.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Great location."
Had fun with all the dogs roaming around. Would suggest adding a second waffle maker.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
Provided all of our needs. We were at a wedding on the cape and we needed a place to sleep comfortable, have a small breakfast and feel safe and secure. All that was achieved.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Last minute getaway"
Room was as pictured. Hotel is on a very busy road. Refrigerator had a long hair in it. Bathtub needs updating-bring sandals to wear in the tub and avoid the shower curtain with mildew.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nice place with restaurants in walking distance."
They have nice restaurants and irish bar in walk distance. Great outdoor and indoor pool facility.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Last place to stay"
The room smells moldy and when they say its double queen that's a lie. Actually what they have its full size beds. Breakfast under average. Personnel not too friendly. Expensive for what they offer.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
lili
"You get what you pay for."
While the price was reasonable, and the location allowed easy driving access to sites on the Cape. The room was clean but bathroom is in dire need of an upgrade. Beds were rock hard. A/C was very hard to control as there was just a blue/red dial with not temperature setting. The hotel was easy to find and the grounds were well maintained. Breakfast was a battle. Way too many people trying to squeeze in a small area vying for one waffle iron and one toaster. This could be a really nice place if some changes were made. .
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"Mostly good"
The hotel was nice and clean. The location was convenient as well. The only problem was that the receptionists were rude.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
Beds were extremely comfortable. Room was very quiet. You could hear people in next room tho. We did not see much of the rest of the hotel, didn't eat breakfast there. Room appeared clean. Only real negative was the outside stairs leading up to our room really needed attention. and the ashtray below stunk.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013