All hotels in Destin, Florida, United States of America
117 Palms St, Destin, FL, 32541, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

It was nice
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Destin - Wingate by Wyndham"
Stayed here for two nights. Excellent hotel. Very clean rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff. Super location.....close to everything. Would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"Very clean"
Checked out of another hotel because it was so aweful so the cleanliness and quite comfortable atmosphere was wonderful Really nice breakfast also
The hotel was easy to find and accommodating for a late arrival. I felt safe since I was traveling alone. There were a number of places to dine or shop.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Great service and comfort!"
I had a wonderful stay. The only problem I had was someone stomping up and down the hallway, which kept me up, until I called the front desk. She handled immediately and I had a good night's sleep from that moment on. The staff was very helpful.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Diane B
"Nice but overpriced"
Clean and comfortable. A problem occurred around 8pm we were called and told our TV was too loud. I am hard of hearing but we did lower the volume. At 8:30 pm we received a second call that we were. Irritating the folks in the next room and we could be moved to another room. I declined and suggested they move the complainers. A small annoyance but it ruined an otherwise lovely stay
1 night romance trip Jan 27, 2015
"great stay"
Great stay for new year's eve
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Jerrod
"Very pleased!"
Great hotel!
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
kevin
Courteous and friendly staff who are always there to help. Great place to stay and I will stay there again when I am in the area.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Glen
"Very Nice Hotel"
The staff were very accomodating and pleasant. I absolutely loved the bed; the comfort was amazing. I also enjoyed the hot tub. It was needed after a long day at work. I would recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Glen
"Good experience."
Clean room.Friendly staff. Good breakfast.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Kenneth
"Close to everything"
Nice hotel and room but weather terrible. Hotel and facilities fine and good rate.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Bob C
"nice hotel, moderately priced, close to both beach"
i was able to check in early, the room was nice, comfortable & clean. the cable and internet was awesome....i know that term makes this review sound iffy...but hey, they were awesome. everything...like everything was within a mile or two. the staff was alright, namely the cleaning staff...but other than that it was a great stay. i would definitely book this hotel again.
"Wonderful!"
Visiting daughter for Halloween party!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Debra S.
"Nice weekend getaway"
I enjoyed my stay. The hotel was convenient and close to beach. It was clean, bed was comfortable, and service was great. I have no complaints.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
very nice host and like location
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Franklin Geiger
"Thumbs Up"
The hotel was very nice. It was clean and odor free. The breakfast was very good. The hotel is off the main hwy and therefore it was very quiet. It is in a good location. The only complaint we had was the room could have been a bit cooler, but that being said, it was comfortable. Good choice.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Good location friendly staff clean room"
It was a good experience clean friendly inviting the bed was amazing I was able to get a good night's rest
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
chris
"Not worth the price"
Rooms are small. they have very thin wall. Basically you can hear everyone walking outside the room, person leaving either side of your room. Most annoying is person who is staying above you when he walks, you can hear every step and its a loud thump. location of the hotel is away from the prime location and worst of all there is no beach access. This I would expect from 2 star hotels like Days Inn, but not by windham.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
We have stayed here several times. The staff is always great and the food is good also. The only problem I had this time, we always stay in a non-smoking room. The 2 rooms across the hall were smoking and the smoke was pouring in the hall. It would be better if you can put the smokers on the top floor.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Excellent hotel for an excellent price. Good hot breakfast.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
DG
Would stay again!
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Carla
I was pleased with the everything. Breakfast was good, room nice n clean, and the hotel was in a great location. We were 2 minutes from the beach and surrounded by many stores! I will stay again!!
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
sentoria
"Not bad at all"
Didn't stay in hotel other than to sleep but stay was nice. Room was roomy and spacious.
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Diego mojica
Not a problem with this hotel. Everything was rally very good. Nice breakfast. Nice rooms. Nice people checking in.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Mitchell
The hotel overall was nice. The room doors do need some work and once in awhile there was an odor. Bed was comfortable and I never had a bad experience with service. Location was also a plus!
2 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Bryan
"Good central location. Close to everything."
Rooms excellent. Breakfast area clean and staff courteous and helpful. Will recommend to all.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham - Destin FL
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you had a positive experience with the breakfast and the staff. Please come again soon.
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Logan B.
"Close to Harbor for all Sights and Activities"
We enjoyed our stay at the Wingage by Wyndam in Destin, Florida. The Breakfast served from 6:30 to 9:30 AM each morning was very nice and plenty to get you going for the morning. The room was very clean and roomy with two double queen size beds and microwave and refigerator. Plenty of parking spaces to park your vehicle. The Wingate is located fairly close to most activities such as the Harbor Village and not too far from the public beach access but you will need your car to reach these sites. Overall, we had a great stay at the Wingate. This was our second stay at the hotel. Excellent choice for a stay in Destin.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham - Destin FL
Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. We are so excited that you enjoyed the breakfast, and the centralized location of the hotel. It is great to hear you have stayed before and we will look forward to your next visit.
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
"our stay"
The room was clean and nice. The breakfast was on point and fresh and the staff was courteous. I would definitely use the hotel again.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham - Destin FL
Thank you for your review on Expedia. It is great that you enjoyed the breakfast and the staff. We hope you and your party got home safely, and please choose the Wingate by Wyndham for your next day.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
The hotel was good for my weekend stay with my significant other. We could not check in until after 1 even though our room may have been ready when we arrived at 10. The staff was not as friendly as they should be especially the overnight manager. He was not friendly at all. However, the room was okay and functional. No problems with noise or loud guests coming in and out of the hotel. This hotel is good for the money. Since my 1st choice hotel was booked for Labor Day Weekend, we decided to stay here which was a good choice.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great Room, Great Price"
My stay was great. The room was up to date and clean.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Mrs.Griffin
It was ok the check in time got to me It is @ 3pm central standard time and I was operating on eastern standard time The staff was ok but my room was not ready on time
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"decent for price"
Rooms are kind of dated, but not bad. Location is quite. But close enough to everything.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
"Homemade Cookies"
The place was fine, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the AC worked great. The workers at the reception desk were hit or miss, I wouldn't say rude like some have said, I noticed 2 Asian girls working at various points, they won't even acknowledge you so I guess that could be considered rude. The others were okay except this lanky blonde haired kid he was the same they just act like you aren't there when you walk by. Some black woman claimed to have home made cookies at the front yet they were wrapped in Otis Spunkmeyer wrappers and didn't look homemade. That was no biggie just don't act like you just "made" them when all you did was heat them up in a microwave (ha). The main thing is the room was nice, the location was great and the rates were good (for a mon-thurs stay).
3 night romance trip Aug 25, 2014
Terrance
Overall the hotel was great. But the only thing we found that's was bad was the Internet. It was goin in and out. Other than that I would be comin back to this hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
ryan hewitt
"Friendly"
Front desk staff was extremely friendly and suggested some cool local places. They even gave us some coupons for local restaurants and attractions.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"very good location"
comfortable, stressless
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
hugo rossi
"Close to broadway harbor"
The double beds & multiple pillows were heavenly. It felt like I was sleeping on clouds. The room was clean & spacious. We're happy w/ the value of room & comfort for the price. breakfast from 6:30-9:30 - cereals, bagels, breads, but they also had a waffle maker, yogurt, fruits & eggs, biscuits or gravy or omelettes. I wish they served later during the weekend. It was a strict breakfast time 7 days a week. I would have given 5 stars except on our way to check out I stopped by the front desk twice to inquire whether or not the housekeeper or a guest turned in my nars black eyeliner that I left on the glass table outside of the elevator on the third floor. Each time they were rude and not inclined to help. The lady finally said, "we'll look for it and get back to you." I reminded her that I already checked out. She responded, "I can look you up." I asked whether she wanted to know my room number and she said, "oh yea, what was your room number?" I answered, "314" and saw that she wrote down 214. I said it again, "314." She said, "yea I wrote it down." I was a little irritated then and said, "I was in THREE 14!" She finally corrected her little scratch paper. It's been a couple of days and I still haven't heard anything. My hubs and I drove to New Orleans for four days, so I was hoping that I would get a response by then and we would be able to pick it up when we return back to destin for our flight back home to California.
4 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2014
Ivo
Great clean grand Lots of good rooms fabulous fantastic excellent spectacular
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
kk
"Awesome hotel"
We stayed at this hotel for 3 days, one of the best hotels in the area. It is very close to everything around Destin!
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
J Hernandez
"Good location but very noisy room and rude staff"
I was here for a conference and was placed on the 3rd floor near the elevator. Very noisy and I tried putting pillows against large gap below the door to muffle sound. There were kids or teenagers above me running so I called the front desk and asked for a noon checkout since I was not getting much rest. I called the following day to remind them I would be checking out at noon and the desk clerk, Laura, talked to me as if I were an adolescent and said a late checkout was not possible. I've never been treated so rudely - she was very disrespectful and I will never stay there again.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great Hotel - Great Price - Great Service"
We very much enjoyed our stay - our room was great - very clean - service was superb and Ruth Chris' in lobby was spectacular!
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
"Overall"
Hotel was very nice. Service was excellent. Breakfast was average. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, small pool"
Hotel was very nice; however the pool was extremely small. Free breakfast and WiFi is a plus!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Alfred
"A Nice Place"
The room we stayed in was descent. However, some of the things in the hotel were pretty old. Breakfast was descent. I guess the best part of this hotel is location. Everything is very accessible from this point. Big kahuna water park is walking distance from there. Hotel is okay.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Edwardo
Stayed at this hotel overnight while in destin visiting the Big Kahuna. The gentleman at check-in was super nice, extremely courtious, professional, and helpful. The room was rented for 4, 2 adults and 2 kids. Apparently, kids are expected to share towels here because we were only supplied with 3. Good thing I packed plenty. The beds were nice but extremely soft which isn't comfortable to me but this is a personal preference. Otherwise, room was great. Breakfast selection was good with hotel waffle, plain or strawberry, sausage, eggs, muffins, and begals.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Ernie
Would stay there again
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Nice location. Thats about it"
The hotel was in a great location. The staff was friendly. However, I didnt enjoy the dirty carpet or the termites in the room. Will not stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Jamie
"Great place, just lacking the beachside view"
Overall my experience here was very enjoyable, the staff were very kind and helpful. Our room was comfortable and very clean when we arrived, I would recommend this place to people looking for a mid-range hotel in the Destin area.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Daniel G
"Great Hotel!"
This was our 3rd time here. We enjoyed it as usual. The lady at the front desk was super nice. The ladies at breakfast were not. I felt they could have been a little less rude. The room was perfect. The refrigerator is nice to have. Good selection on tv channels. The pool was clean and the hot tub was relaxing. Only complaint was that there was a family reunion that over took the place, but not wingates fault. We would definitely book them again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014