All hotels in Destin, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here117 Palms St, Destin, FL, 32541, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to Harbor for all Sights and Activities"
We enjoyed our stay at the Wingage by Wyndam in Destin, Florida. The Breakfast served from 6:30 to 9:30 AM each morning was very nice and plenty to get you going for the morning. The room was very clean and roomy with two double queen size beds and microwave and refigerator. Plenty of parking spaces to park your vehicle. The Wingate is located fairly close to most activities such as the Harbor Village and not too far from the public beach access but you will need your car to reach these sites. Overall, we had a great stay at the Wingate. This was our second stay at the hotel. Excellent choice for a stay in Destin.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham - Destin FL
Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. We are so excited that you enjoyed the breakfast, and the centralized location of the hotel. It is great to hear you have stayed before and we will look forward to your next visit.
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
"our stay"
The room was clean and nice. The breakfast was on point and fresh and the staff was courteous. I would definitely use the hotel again.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham - Destin FL
Thank you for your review on Expedia. It is great that you enjoyed the breakfast and the staff. We hope you and your party got home safely, and please choose the Wingate by Wyndham for your next day.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
The hotel was good for my weekend stay with my significant other. We could not check in until after 1 even though our room may have been ready when we arrived at 10. The staff was not as friendly as they should be especially the overnight manager. He was not friendly at all. However, the room was okay and functional. No problems with noise or loud guests coming in and out of the hotel. This hotel is good for the money. Since my 1st choice hotel was booked for Labor Day Weekend, we decided to stay here which was a good choice.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great Room, Great Price"
My stay was great. The room was up to date and clean.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Mrs.Griffin
It was ok the check in time got to me It is @ 3pm central standard time and I was operating on eastern standard time The staff was ok but my room was not ready on time
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"decent for price"
Rooms are kind of dated, but not bad. Location is quite. But close enough to everything.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
"Homemade Cookies"
The place was fine, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the AC worked great. The workers at the reception desk were hit or miss, I wouldn't say rude like some have said, I noticed 2 Asian girls working at various points, they won't even acknowledge you so I guess that could be considered rude. The others were okay except this lanky blonde haired kid he was the same they just act like you aren't there when you walk by. Some black woman claimed to have home made cookies at the front yet they were wrapped in Otis Spunkmeyer wrappers and didn't look homemade. That was no biggie just don't act like you just "made" them when all you did was heat them up in a microwave (ha). The main thing is the room was nice, the location was great and the rates were good (for a mon-thurs stay).
3 night romance trip Aug 25, 2014
Terrance
Overall the hotel was great. But the only thing we found that's was bad was the Internet. It was goin in and out. Other than that I would be comin back to this hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
ryan hewitt
"Friendly"
Front desk staff was extremely friendly and suggested some cool local places. They even gave us some coupons for local restaurants and attractions.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"very good location"
comfortable, stressless
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
hugo rossi
"Close to broadway harbor"
The double beds & multiple pillows were heavenly. It felt like I was sleeping on clouds. The room was clean & spacious. We're happy w/ the value of room & comfort for the price. breakfast from 6:30-9:30 - cereals, bagels, breads, but they also had a waffle maker, yogurt, fruits & eggs, biscuits or gravy or omelettes. I wish they served later during the weekend. It was a strict breakfast time 7 days a week. I would have given 5 stars except on our way to check out I stopped by the front desk twice to inquire whether or not the housekeeper or a guest turned in my nars black eyeliner that I left on the glass table outside of the elevator on the third floor. Each time they were rude and not inclined to help. The lady finally said, "we'll look for it and get back to you." I reminded her that I already checked out. She responded, "I can look you up." I asked whether she wanted to know my room number and she said, "oh yea, what was your room number?" I answered, "314" and saw that she wrote down 214. I said it again, "314." She said, "yea I wrote it down." I was a little irritated then and said, "I was in THREE 14!" She finally corrected her little scratch paper. It's been a couple of days and I still haven't heard anything. My hubs and I drove to New Orleans for four days, so I was hoping that I would get a response by then and we would be able to pick it up when we return back to destin for our flight back home to California.
4 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2014
Ivo
Great clean grand Lots of good rooms fabulous fantastic excellent spectacular
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
kk
"Awesome hotel"
We stayed at this hotel for 3 days, one of the best hotels in the area. It is very close to everything around Destin!
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
J Hernandez
"Good location but very noisy room and rude staff"
I was here for a conference and was placed on the 3rd floor near the elevator. Very noisy and I tried putting pillows against large gap below the door to muffle sound. There were kids or teenagers above me running so I called the front desk and asked for a noon checkout since I was not getting much rest. I called the following day to remind them I would be checking out at noon and the desk clerk, Laura, talked to me as if I were an adolescent and said a late checkout was not possible. I've never been treated so rudely - she was very disrespectful and I will never stay there again.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great Hotel - Great Price - Great Service"
We very much enjoyed our stay - our room was great - very clean - service was superb and Ruth Chris' in lobby was spectacular!
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
"Overall"
Hotel was very nice. Service was excellent. Breakfast was average. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, small pool"
Hotel was very nice; however the pool was extremely small. Free breakfast and WiFi is a plus!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Alfred
"A Nice Place"
The room we stayed in was descent. However, some of the things in the hotel were pretty old. Breakfast was descent. I guess the best part of this hotel is location. Everything is very accessible from this point. Big kahuna water park is walking distance from there. Hotel is okay.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Edwardo
Stayed at this hotel overnight while in destin visiting the Big Kahuna. The gentleman at check-in was super nice, extremely courtious, professional, and helpful. The room was rented for 4, 2 adults and 2 kids. Apparently, kids are expected to share towels here because we were only supplied with 3. Good thing I packed plenty. The beds were nice but extremely soft which isn't comfortable to me but this is a personal preference. Otherwise, room was great. Breakfast selection was good with hotel waffle, plain or strawberry, sausage, eggs, muffins, and begals.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Ernie
Would stay there again
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Nice location. Thats about it"
The hotel was in a great location. The staff was friendly. However, I didnt enjoy the dirty carpet or the termites in the room. Will not stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Jamie
"Great place, just lacking the beachside view"
Overall my experience here was very enjoyable, the staff were very kind and helpful. Our room was comfortable and very clean when we arrived, I would recommend this place to people looking for a mid-range hotel in the Destin area.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Daniel G
"Great Hotel!"
This was our 3rd time here. We enjoyed it as usual. The lady at the front desk was super nice. The ladies at breakfast were not. I felt they could have been a little less rude. The room was perfect. The refrigerator is nice to have. Good selection on tv channels. The pool was clean and the hot tub was relaxing. Only complaint was that there was a family reunion that over took the place, but not wingates fault. We would definitely book them again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Anjel
Not close to the beach (1.3 mile walk to the beach). The front desk employees could use some lessons in friendliness and customer service.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Content with the stay"
Room was clean and comfortable. The individual checking us in could have been friendlier. Never had enough towels. Wifi wasn't very good. Needs more lighting in the parking lot. Breakfast was good. Will consider staying here again, but will also look at other places.
4 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Colin
My husband and I enjoyed our stay and the location of the hotel. The hotel is located right off the "strip" and very close to everything. We drove to the beach which was two lights down from our hotel and the parking was free. The front office staff, housekeepers, and breakfast clerk were all accommodating and nice. The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The hotel was pretty much updated and the decorations were cute. This was great and we will definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Jul 7, 2014
Dr. YoRo
"Good deal for price"
We stayed here on our last night in Destin as we had decided to extend our stay and our hotel was booked. The hotel itself and room could use updating, the wallpaper in bathroom was starting to peel and there was a slight odor in the halls but nothing too terrible. The beds were good, room clean, breakfast was good. For the price in the area it was a great deal. If you are wanting to walk to beaches, it would be a bit of a walk.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great value!"
Had a wonderful stay over the 4th of July! We definitely got more than we would have expected for the rate we paid. It sits in a great location, had very clean rooms and friendly staff! Their breakfast bar was well stocked and they even provided hot dogs, potato salad, drinks and cupcakes to celebrate the 4th! They definitely went above and beyond!
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Ric
"Nice Hotel with all the Right Amenities"
No one thing stands out for this hotel, but this lodging does do several things well. The room was nicely furnished, comfortable, and a good size for a family. The continental breakfast had everything you would want for a simple straightforward breakfast, and while the pool was a bit small the addition of a hot tub made up for its size. Staff were helpful and informative, and the hotels location is off the beach, but also semi-secluded from the noise and congestions of the road. The hotel is located on the west end of Destin and provides a good launching point for the days activities.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
"2nd stay at this hotel"
Why is this hotel 2.5 stars??? This hotel is great! It was my 2nd time staying here and I have no complaints. Staff is friendly, rooms were clean and the breakfast was acceptable. Very close to Big Kahunas and the beach. Lots of stores within walking distance. Yeah, there's not much I can say against this hotel. I highly recommend it!
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Great location close to the state park.
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
DO
"Great Service"
Wonderful staff that provided great service and hospitality that made my family comfortable. This hotel was close to everything that we wanted to visit.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Ren
"Awesome"
Very nice hotel and really nice people working their we really enjoyed staying their
2 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
Rjudice
"nice clean and quite I love it!!"
first time going to destin Florida and I had a great time hotel was great the worker was very helpful sweet kind and nice I'm glad I pick this hotel will be back!!!!!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
trina
"Close to everything in the Destin area."
WiFi connection was terrible. Breakfast was okay however VERY limited seating. Last day did not receive housekeeping really slack. Hotel is hidden they need a sign out on the main road. Check in took way too long guy was nice however he kept answering the phone, I believe that the customer standing in front of you is more important than some obey on the phone. I gave my concerns to the girl that checked me out said she would give to management hopefully she will.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"basic hotel"
a little pricey for what you get but affordable for Destin. Good location, on main drag in Destin, close to everything, easy to find. Nice staff, clean lobby and pool area, good breakfast, they also have cookies at check in and put out candy, chips, and water in the afternoon. The room could have been better, comforters had what looked like recent small stains on them, bathroom door had dirty hand prints on it and there were three large water stains on the ceiling.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
"GREAT!!!"
Everything about the hotel was great x Nice rooms, great breakfast, great service, great location!
2 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Broussard
"Pleasant Stay"
Great location. Very comfortable king size bed. Helpful staff.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
southernsun
"Great location and nice place"
Had a great stay, breakfast was good, and great location. Would visit again
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
from Houston, T
"Disappointing stay"
When we arrived we were asked if we would accept a smoking room because they were really in a spot, my wife smokes ,so I took the room to help them out. I was assured if there was any noise issues that they would address them right away. This should have been a red flag, because the noise came soon. It was from the room above, not from outside or the halls. When I called about the problem after listening to it for over an hour I was told there was nothing they could do. When I was checking out the same person whom I had been asked to help out by taking the smoking room now was singing a different tune but assured me that management would get with me and offer me another stay. I said I would only stay on the 3rd floor due to the thin ceilings and she then told me that most people try to get the 3rd floor for that very reson. I was made to feel I had been doing someone a favor and I was really being duped into taking a very undesirable room by the senior staff. I have never been contacted by anyone to address the poor stay either. Do not trust the staff at this facility and if you must stay here only take the top floor and don't expect a very good breakfast at the end of your stay. It was cold and very limited.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Hotel is located close to everything and it's easy to get to. The room was clean, the staff is friendly and they have free hot breakfast. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
TXgurl
"We didn't get much view but don't care."
It was a good place/services and complimentary breakfast was a plus, we'll stay again in the future. However, we wish the rate was little lower.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Ron K.
"Good Night's Sleep"
Quick hotel check in, comfortable bed with good pillows, decent breakfast, friendly staff
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Nice and close to the beach"
location was not bad, breakfast was decent, rooms are good size and not far from public beach. lots of restaurants near by and attractions as well.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Karina
"Continued satisfaction"
Still satisfied I have stayed here at this hotel for about 5 years each spring. I am still satisfied! Clean, polite and helpful staff, Hotel looks new not rundown! I will continue to stay there!
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
It is a very nicely located hotel. Clean and very nice. More Towels is the only thing I could say. However, I would stay again. IT was very clean and nice.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Great Hotel. Would definetly stay here again. Nice room with comfortable bed and pillows. Friendly staff.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Deborah
"Great hotel and close to everything!"
Check in took less than 5 minutes. The staff and housekeeping was very friendly and breakfast was good.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Tyescha
"Attractive & convenient for Destin beaches & port"
Well maintained, clean and comfortable hotel in quiet location close to central Destin
1 night trip May 23, 2014
DrPolitix
"Just average"
We booked the room on Memorial Day weekend and were charged over $200 for a single King size bedroom one night. I thought that wasn't bad for a hotel on the beach. Well, this hotel isn't on the beach, not really even walking distance! The room was average really nothing special, not a $200 room!!! We were put in the room behind the front desk and heard everyone who walked by because of the 2" gap under the front door! We tried to place pillows and luggage just to muffle it a bit, the room was clean but the tub needed to be recaulked, you could see where dark spots were coming through. I would have thought this to be an $80 a night room. Next time I will do more research on location before booking.
1 night business trip May 23, 2014