All hotels in Troy, Illinois, United States of America
910 Edwardsville Rd, Troy, IL, 62294, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Convenient to local events"
Just stayed a couple on nights, staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and spacious. There was breakfast offered, but we did not eat, our event offerred breakfast instead. First nights stay was very good, able to get a good nights rest. The second night however was challneging at best, as there was a youth sports team with their families, and young kids running and jumping down the upstairs hallway above us, sounded like a team of horses, it was so loud and disturbing. My wife walked to the front counter just to let evening management know of the issue, and thought "quiet time" might start at 10:00pm, but we made two more calls, once at 10:30, and again at 10:45pm, and the evening management understood our frustration, but wasn't successful in getting children to stop running and disturbing everyone on the first floor. My opinion is, evening management should have contacted the childrens parents, and if they couldn't resolve it, evict the family for not following the rules... This continued through 11:45pm, then around 2:00am someone was running again, then at 7:00 am, while we were checking out, the running started again... I'm not sure how old the hotel building is, but as far as kids playing in the hallways, the noise level was very disturbing.
2 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Mike & Christy
"Clean and economical"
We found a clean room awaiting us and took advantage of the hot tub by the pool. The staff was very friendly.
Response by Super 8 Motel - Troy
Thank you for such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Ok"
Good value
Response by Super 8 Motel - Troy
Thank you for the excellent ratings. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
"Outstanding Saty!"
Everything about my stay was over the top. The staff is very responsive and friendly. The room was very well maintained and comfortable.
Response by Super 8 Motel - Troy
Thank you for your positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
Vyron
Very clean rooms and friendly service. Breakfast was good also with hot waffles and oatmeal. Would definitely stay here again when we pass through the area.
Response by Super 8 Motel - Troy
Thank you for the excellent ratings. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Wayne
"Visitor of a local college student"
It was ok for what we needed it for, but the TV did not work and the towels although they were clean they were very hard.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Nicer than most"
Overall a nice stay, but the spa and pool really need a good cleaning as the sides were skummy. Nice room, which was cleaner than most, Really appreciated the breakfast. It is nice to have hard boiled eggs...instead of having to have all carbs. Friendly staff.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Stay At Home Dad
It was good for the price you pay, clean and did what it needed to do.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Very handy for us"
Great place to stay, Staff was very friendly & helpful. Will stay their again.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2013
Ted
"Bubba"
Nice!
1 night business trip Nov 26, 2013
"Nice staff, comfortable room"
The staff was very nice and friendly, both at check-in and in the morning. The bed was super comfortable and the pillows were awesome. The hotel has seen a lot of wear, but the important things like towels and bedding were new. I would stay here again!
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Keep an open mind"
I was visiting friends in Troy. I stayed 2 nts. I had room no.109. It's on the first floor. It's handicap accessable. The room was clean. It had a refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom was big enough for a wheelchair. It only has a shower. The bathroom doesn't have a vanity so you have to keep your personal bathroom items on the floor. The tv is pretty old, but it worked. I tried to keep an open mind as the price was right. The people were nice and the housekeeper brought me an extra blanket right away. The room was kinda cold. Great location right off of 55.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
Barb O' Connor
"spotless & accommodating"
Very clean. Friendly, helpful staff. We had an issue with sound the first night as it seems our room was over the boiler room. We asked to change rooms & they willingly accommodated our request.
3 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
"Welcoming"
We were welcomed with a great attitude! We wanted to use the pool late at night after driving 14 hours and that wasn't a problem. I believe the pool was non-chlorine. Very nice. And the Jacuzzi was not "overly hot". We had a nice continental breakfast before we left to drive again!
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nice for the price"
Nothing special but was a good hotel overall. Had a really good location and was the best hotel in the area for the price.
3 night business trip Sep 26, 2013
Ben
"You get what you pay for"
If you don't mind the smell of smoke, poor service and a not so clean hotel this is your place
4 night business trip Sep 18, 2013
"for the money it was a very good value."
Well located near state highway, gas station, and restaurant.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
Marilyn
"Good hotel right off the interestate"
As far as Super 8s go, this was one of the nicer ones I've been to. The rooms were fairly modern and clean. There is a small pool and hot tub. Continental breakfast has make-your-own belgian waffles, bananas, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, yogurt. The thing that bugged me most I guess was that there was an odor of smoke in the lobby wafting from the smoking rooms wing. There was a door closing smoking rooms off but it still seeped through. Our non-smoking room didn't smell of smoke though, so it was mainly confined to the lobby area. There is not too much in the immediate vicinity as it is right off of an interstate exit, but if you are looking for a good meal, I recommend getting pizza from Joe's which is right nearby.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2013
room was great for price, needs a little updating but was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
had to complain about the shower 3 times while staying at the location and the shower still was not fixed as they person at the reservation desk stated management was called away on an emergency and the pool/spa area was closed down for the weekend, would have been nice to have been able to use, however hotel was quiet for those staying there
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
For the price we were very pleased. My son and husband enjoyed the hot tub and pool. The only thing that they did not like was the pool was too warm. The water was the same temp as the hot tub. Otherwise would recommend this hotel
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
"Great value and nice quiet location."
Great for the price. Nice quiet location.
7 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Convenient location and close to resturant"
We stayed here after going to a Cardinals baseball game, it was convenient to get to and from the game and good location close to interstate but quiet. There is a Cracker Barrell restuarnt that is across the parking lot and also a steakhouse being constructed in front of the motel. The breakfast selection at the motel was good too.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
Beds were very comfy. Exhaust fan hanging from ceiling in bathroom very noisy. WiFi didn't work all week. Breakfast area was clean and well kept.
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
"Clean room, hardworking staff...."
Stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed the room's quietness and cleanness. Restaurants within walking distance. Everything was pleasing. Good coffee and breakfast.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
petra
The staff was friendly.The beds were clean and comfortable.The toilets had a dirty, rusty wring around the rim. The swimming pool had a awful smell and we could not swim because of the Oder. Would not stay there again. The hotel needs a lot of updating.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
"Exceeded expectation"
Stayed one night on the way home. Convenient location just off interstate, but didn't hear road noise. The property exceeded my expectations for this chain. Spacious inviting lobby, friendly staff, even an elevator and a rolling cart so we could easily take our luggage to 2nd floor room in one trip. We had 2 dogs with us, which I declared, and hotel charged just one fee for both, a pleasant surprise. Room was clean with updated bedding and 4 pillows on each comfortable queen bed. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Standard continental breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, which pleased my husband since he eats gluten-free and can't have cereal or bagels. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
We enjoy are stay very well, thank you my family love the pool & the room size was very big cleanliness as well thank miss buchanan
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
vicky
"Very Good for the price"
This hotel was convenient to the highway, had indoor pool and hot tub, and free breakfast - everything I was looking for. All this far a decent price too!
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Cindy G
"Quiet."
No problems at all. Easy on and off the highway. Helpful staff and a very good breakfast.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Clif
"Nice for a Budget Hotel"
This hotel was on the nicer side for this budget chain. The beds had 4 pillows each which made the kids happy. However it is still a budget hotel. The fans in the bathroom were extremely loud and several of the amenities were on the no frills side. Breakfast was decent as well. We enjoyed our stay and would stop here again if traveling through.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Family Road Trip
"clean and confortable with everything we needed"
very nice place, nice people, clean, very good breakfast and confortable beds.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
teresa
"Nice place to stay"
Nice place to stay for an overnight trip. It was convenient location to were the USATF World Youth Track & Field Trials were being held at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Coach
"For the money, not bad"
The room was clean. It reminded me of the motels in the 80's clean and fun but basic. Staff was great. Hotel didn't have any bad environment type stuff going on. Waffles were hot and the juice was cold. Me, the wife, and 2 girls had fun.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Nothing spectacular here. At least the room was clean. Hotel lobby smelled kind of stale and the hotel was kind of dated in general but for the price we weren't expecting anything fancy. This was our first stay at a Super 8 and I have to say I probably would spend the extra few bucks next time and upgrade to a Holiday Inn Express. We passed on the free breakfast....nothing there that looked very appetizing. If you head North on I55 to 270 West and get off at the first exit about 1/2 mile on the left there is an IHOP which is what we opted for. At least the room was clean but the area was kind of trashy.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
Cherokee
"Convenient location"
The hotel was in a good location and the staff was friendly. In general it was a nice room but the bathroom could have used a more thorough cleaning.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
We have stayed here several times. Staff is always nice. Housekeeping is very good. A nice place reasonable price.
3 night trip May 17, 2013
Doris D.
"Clean and worth the price"
This Super 8 in Troy is nothing special, but it doesn't need to be. It has a little pool off the lobby, and clean, regular motel rooms. This motel will not be the highlight of your trip, but it will give you a clean, comfy place to stay. As a side note, one of my kids left the vehicle window down all night in the parking lot and no damage was done and nothing was stolen. Maybe any thieves thought it was a set-up! The only down side I can think of is that the area where the standard breakfast (waffles, pastries, boiled eggs, cereal) was served was pretty small/cramped. Everything else was great for me and my two kiddos to stay one night while making our way cross-country.
1 night family trip May 17, 2013
MommaZoe
"great"
very friendly staff, clean comfortable room, nice small pool, good hot tub. easy on/off would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 17, 2013
eloyce
"a place to lay your head"
Its what youd expect for 60 a night. Good for those on a budget.
3 night trip May 9, 2013
mark
"Not bad for the price"
Room was okay for the price, A little dated but clean with friendly staff.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"Comfortable and safe"
Very nice staff and good location for our purpose. A little outdated but well maintained. Price was very reasonable.
3 night trip Apr 23, 2013
MKA
"Trip to Troy"
It's was good for the money nothing special
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2013
Smoky lobby and hall - yuck!
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
Very good for basic service, could have been cleaner (very dusty on certain areas) breakfast could have included a few more choices. Location was great, amenties were good. We would stay there again for our next visit to the area.
4 night family trip Dec 22, 2012
KBW
STAY WAS NICE. BREAKFAST WAS GOOD AND PRICE WAS GREAT.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2012
STEVEN
"Close to my daughter at SIU-E"
We thought it was very nice, except the blankets could have been softer.
2 night trip Oct 20, 2012
Our stay at this motel was to our fullest satisfaction and found everything agreeable and comfortable. Our request to extend our checkout by one hour was generously granted.
Business trip Sep 29, 2012
"not what it used to be..."
We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and it was fine. It must be under new ownership because we had no hot water, the breakfast was not as good, and the hotel wasn't as clean.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
"Oustanding!"
Great service, location and value!
Family trip Aug 11, 2012