All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Delicious food
    Ordinary amenities
    Poor vibe
    Dirty

"Beautiful Inn Downtown Walking Distance"
I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Gatsby Mansion Inn. The rooms are timeless with lots of space for luggage. Beautiful location with walking distance to the downtown area, has lovely gardens and ponds with outside sitting areas to enjoy. Located on the harbor with near by tourist attractions. The food was amazing and wonderful service by friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend this location to anyone!
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"A place with Caracter"
It was a Grand place to stay within short walking distance to "Old Town".
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Great location, excellent staff. period charm."
Staff were very helpful, ready to please. Love the period charm of the place, Although it may be lackiing in modern comforts, it is made up for in charm. we were very comfy here.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Unfortunate"
We were here 20 yrs ago for Dinner. It was so well kept and beautiful. I don't think they have done Anything since then. It is in rough Shape. Even the menu was of no Interest to us. My wife is a red seal Chef and was quite disappointed. I, myself am a master electrician Who has been involved in the Residential industry for 25 yrs as a Business owner/operator. I will not be recommending this Inn anytime soon. If it would have Been kept up, they would have a Real gem. Now I know why it was so Cheap. When I first thought of going I expected to pay around $ 500.00/nt Not the $ 150.00 it cost. I think they Are short changing themselves
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2014
"A BEAUTIFUL Mansion"
There was nothing really wrong with the room, and nothing wrong with the hotel - especially considering it's age (like lack of enough electrical outlets, need for extra space heater). There is nothing there that shouldn't be expected with a 100+ year-old structure. It is a beautiful building, squeaks and all :) I scored 'convenience of location' & 'surrounding neighbourhood' low only because it is located near the far end of the tourist area - which is only a problem if you don't have a car. Even then, it's a 10-15 minute walk to the downtown area. That said, we specifically chose this hotel BECAUSE it is an old mansion.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"old world charm"
It was a great place to enjoy the way things use to be.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
"Loved the Old Style Character of this Hotel"
It's old and not renovated to today's standards... but the for the price and location: loved it! Loved the old style characteristics of the place.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Vancouver Travellers
"Quaint Inn great location"
It was what we expected for the age of the building. Location is great.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2013
Stayed there as it was close to Victoria marathon start. Good location and price. Generally friendly staff although the first woman who I spoke with was not pleasant. Very strict about the 3pm check in time. Confusing layout with Huntington hotel and Gatsby mansion-ended up walking through the restaurant to find the lobby based on the address. It was tricky to find my room. Room was fair. Bathroom was old but the bed was very comfortable. The plumbing is noisy and the floors creak which is to expected for the age and type of building. I didn't utilize the restaurant/s. Not sure if there was room service.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Need some TLC"
Hotel is a historical mansion, so obviously some things are old and part of the charm. But it needs some maintenance and updates, mainly cosmetic stuff, that will make it much better. E.g., there were a lot of tiny holes in the room that could easily have been patched. The doors were scruffed up and could have been easily painted. The light fixture in the bathroom flickers due to loose wiring. The furntiure needs reupholstering (stuffing is flat and the fabric frayed). Not much food services during off seasons but lots of choices in downtown about 1.5km. Location is nice-walked right out to see the inner harbor, and 500m from the historical government building. Free parking.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Dixon
"View of inner harbour ,cozy bed, quiet, beautiful."
The staff are for the most 20 something, issued up...20's, but once your past that it is a complete pleasure. Smoke free rooms, rooms with beautiful views of the inner harbour, perfectly located with every amenitie available within walking distance. One of the first homes built in the area, so if you like architecture you are going to love this.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Great Historic character"
Very enjoyable and was close to all must-see sights
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
Mike N
"The Hotel is close to the beach but!."
The Gatsby Mansion and the Judge's House are run like a "Bed and Breakfast". First we were going to be put in a room in the Judge's House but the "Smell" in the room was sicking, we asked to be placed in the "Gatsby Mansion" as booked. I do know what "Old Homes" are like (I come form an old country) but I was not ready for this one. When you go into the foyer of the "Gatsby" you get hit with a "musty-pissey" smell, though, not as bad as the room in the Judge's House. In my opinion,both Houses need extensive upgrading, such as; Carpeting, Wallpaper (peeling from the walls in our room) re-furbishment of the "Hide-a-bed" (seat-cushings were all thread-bare and holes in them)
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Francis
"Grand Old House"
We did have a great view of Victoria's inner harbour. The house is over one hundred years old, and has been converted to a 10 room B + B, so I guess you can't compare these rooms with that of a modern hotel. Our room was in the attic and had a number of issues.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Great location and beautiful, but not a Mansion"
The Good: Great central location, iconic looking mansion, great restaurant, attentive staff. The Bad: 1. Disingenuous/cryptic room descriptions makes impossible to understand the variety of rooms. Although the main building is indeed a historic Mansion, we were put into the "Judges House" next to the busy ferry loading ramp and a bar. I guess I selected that class of room, but honestly, I had no way of knowing what I had booked until we got there. They should describe their room choices much more clearly! 2. The tub/shower is missing simple little things like a simple shelf to hold soap, shampoo etc. Even the tiny shelf along the other wall was nothing more than a crudely cut and unpainted board screwed up with brackets better suited for a garage 3. The shower curtain arrangement is so ridiculously long that it covers the drain in the claw-foot bathtub! 4. The mechanism that changes the flow of water from tub to shower is broken and has been that way for a long time. We mentioned it to the front desk, but the maids should have identified this ages ago. It is literally falling apart and makes showering very difficult. 5. The carpets in the front entry area smell very musty. 6. Door to room did not close/latch properly. Even though the facility that uses physical keys instead of magnetic swipe cards, I was always afraid that the door could be very easily pushed open at any time.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Good Location, shame about the hotel"
We booked the Gatsby for our 26th wedding anniversary, the room featured was a lovely picture of a King four poster bed with canopy and all the drapery. It looked beautiful. After confirming my booking, which stated a king room with a sofa bed, I checked with the hotel we had definitely booked this room, however the Gatsby said I booked two doubles beds but they would change the booking. When we entered the room, it was 2 doubles. I contacted reception and said this was not the room we booked. As the king room was available, they moved us. The second room was a king four poster, but it was noting like the picture. It had no drapery or canopy, the room hadn't smelled as though it had not been occupied for some time, it had cobwebs on the ceiling, pubic hair in the bathroom from previous occupants, no plug for the sink, and one of the room curtains wouldn't pull properly, giving little privacy from the condo units next door. The room was furnished with cheap reproduction furniture, of varying periods, and cheap awful pictures, similar to those in a charity shop, dirty well worn dusky pink carpet and duck egg walls. A night away from the kids, and expectations of a lovely romantic setting, I treat us to a bottle of champagne, the same brand we had served at our wedding, but the hotel was such a disappointment, we took it home with us, unopened. So disappointing, I will not recommend the Gatsby Mansions nor will I be staying with them again.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
I booked a room in the Gatsby house and get a Judge's room. It's right opposite to the inner habour and 5 minutes' walk to major attractions, including the parliament building, the empress, museum, beacon hill park, etc. Great location. Room is victoria style and over 100 year's old. But clean and neat.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Superblackdog
"unique as ever."
Great place, great location, great service, friendly staff. Great price
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Close to the harbour"
One of the two rooms had stunning views of the harbour. The other had geese for an alarm clock. Close to the harbour and the centre of town.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Nice location by the harbour"
This hotel needs upgrades and better food services. The hotel is quaint but the furnishings are way too old. They could do so much more with this place, it's really too bad.
4 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2013
Brie
"Excellent ambience but a little run down"
The architecture was stunning. Definitely in need of some upgrading of flooring and there were dust bunnies on high ceilings. Overall though a nice stay at an excellent location.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2013
"Gatsby Inn"
There's a great vibe to the Gatsby Inn. The architecture is amazing, the decor spot on and the service is great. We went on a ghost walk in the downtown, and for a touch of irony, the last stop was the Gatsby, where we learned room 5 had some spectral residents. The only problem I had with the building was the mould in the shower.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
"Good stay if you give the people a chance to assis"
Service and staff make a difference in any stay. While the hotel is an aging property, it is well maintained. However, the staffing is exceptional, from bellman to counter. Food is very good as well. Anthony, the front desk manager runs a good team, which is obvious throughout the hotel with all of the staff. The people are good, friendly, timely without being obsequious. Very nice experience that way
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Galen
"a bit dissappointed"
We thought we were booked into the Mansion but were in fact in the house next door.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"don't stay there for the money"
only good location and bad everything else. on top hotel staff got a little weird attitude
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Your choice."
Lots of character. Very low quality TV (but we didn't care). Old house odor. Our room was street level, just about eye to eye with people on the sidewalk, and a busy restaurant in the next room. Extremely close to the harbor, so easy to get to the fun.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Comfy King Size in a Room with a View"
My husband and I stayed at the Gatsby Mansion for our honeymoon, and it was so lovely. I had emailed the staff before our stay to confirm that they had received our reservation, and since I mentioned that it was our honeymoon they sweetly upgraded our room for free. Upon arrival and throughout the stay the staff was friendly and helpful, and I really have no complaints. The view from our room (North Shore room) was amazing - it looked right out over the harbour. We got there on Canada Day and downtown Victoria was a zoo, but with our view we got to avoid the zoo and see the entire fireworks display right from our couch! Finally, the last thing I want to mention is the four poster king size bed. It was extremely comfortable. My husband, who usually has some trouble falling asleep, fell asleep in seconds every night. Our stay was entirely relaxing, and we were excited to go back to our room every night after our long days of being tourists.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Gatsby Mansion not recommended"
There didn't seem to be anyone at the desk during the day where I stayed except the main part of the hotel. Most of all, the smell of the Gatsby Mansion was unbearable when walking into the main entrance --- I was totally turned off! My eggs benedict was skimpy --- a few more cold potatoes please! I was not pleased with my stay for the amount of money I spent.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Gail
Everything was OK!
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Bruno
"Tired and in need of a good decorating and upgradi"
We were in the Judges House, it smelled and was sparsely furnished. The phone didn't work nor the TV. The mattress was most uncomfortable. A poor attempt in providing a vintage type room. Very overpriced for the amenities, but location good. Apparently the hotel is in receivership. Reservations should not be made without disclosing this.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"The Great Gatsby experience"
I totally loved the decor of the room, not to mention sleeping in a 4 poster bed. It was fabulous! The staff were most friendly, accommodating and helpful. The grounds of the mansion were also delightful and set in a beautiful landscape of running water with views of the inner harbour. Would definitely visit again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
"Tired Mansion"
Found the Gatsby Mansion Inn very disappointing. Diningroom is not open for dinner, only breakfast & lunch. We did not stay in the Gadsby but Judge Hall. Room was very tired looking, not too inviting, although a very large room. Rip in one chair, stuffing coming out, pillows needed replacing and the bed drooped towards the foot. Both Mansion & Judge Hall had that "old house smell" which is not pleasant. Location is great for walking downtown Victoria & free parking is a plus.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Pat
"Grand old Hotel"
Very nice old hotel, brings you back to a different time. The only thing I have to question is why is there not showers in all rooms?
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Don
"quaint and comfortable"
wonderful old mansion, nice breakfast
1 night trip May 29, 2013
The Gatsby Mansion Inn is a spectacular Inn, however, it does require much upgrading. The restaurant staff was exceptional (very busy for one person). Would stay again if our room was in the main Inn and no the Judges House.
2 night trip May 8, 2013
"A Birthday Surprise"
We received a complimentary up-grade to the North Shore Room. The room was clean and very quiet despite being on a busy street. The king size bed was a treat as well as very comfortable. The hotel is close to the downtown core of Victoria with lots of attractions and restaurants within easy walking distance. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
Val
"April 7/8 at Gatsby"
A nice place to stay but a lack of other guests made this old.mansion seem a little abandoned and lifeless.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
M&J
Wasn't good. Hot water wasn't working in bathroom and they changed room for us but second one was ...in the bath tub, paint was cracked up and has blue water stain, drain was broken...I couldn't get in there. I really think that price they have for that room is so wrong. I wouldn't stay at Gatsby Mansion Inn again. The location was great but I don't know what to say...Well I was so disapointed...I haven't been Victoria for 15 yrs and I was expecting nice stay at Gatsby Mansion Inn... well...I'll chose other hotel next time.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
AG
"Neat historic hotel"
The Gatsby is 140 years old. That is some of the charm and it has been reasonably well maintained. Our delightful room was on the 3rd floor so lots of stairs since elevators were not in the original plans. Good bed great view of the harbour and good ensuite. Very central to downtown Victoria.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
"Very Different Possibly Haunted?"
Very nice sleep and beautiful setting. Was awaken to some sounds at 1:30pm. I was the only person at the mansion that evening??. A very rewarding experience!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2013
"Gruesome Gatsby"
the bahtub was dirty. we were buried with dust when we turned on the ceiling fan, and all furnishings were dust covered. While we realize it was the down season there appeared to be no effort to ready the room for us.
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
"Gatsby has changed!"
When we arrived I went to the main hotel to register, Then up to the room in the Gatsby. When I first entered our room I noticed that the floor was well worn and dirty (Not vacumed) - food particules on the carpet. There were cob-webs all over in our room and the windows were dirty. There was an old style tube tv in our room. The drinking glasses and coffee cups were clean. They had 1 ea. of reg and decaf complimentry coffee. (More was offered the second day.) The bed was clean. The bathroom was almost clean (Dirt in the corners) and the tile grouting could have used a good cleaning. They supplied towels and soap (1 small bar of soap). The first evening we had dinner down stairs - there was only one staff member on for the whole restaurant. She did a fantastic job serving us and the other guests. She was always there when needed offered drinks and wine, and topped up our drinks quickly. I think she gave us the best service of any restaurant we were at during our stay in Victoria. The food was great. My steak was done perfectly. The downstairs areas were clean and tidy. No drink or ice machines in the Gatsby. You have to go to the main Hotel 2nd floor to get anything. Overall I was unhappy with this visit. I stayed at the Gatsby in the past and was extremely pleased before. It has sure changed. Probably will not go back again. (I will probably have dinner there though.)
2 night trip Feb 23, 2013
"Location is its best feature."
It was advertised that there would be complimentary bathrobes in the room, so we didn't bring any. There were none. (We phoned the desk and two were delivered.) It was advertised that ice is available on the 2nd and 3rd floors. No such thing. The armchair in the room was shabby to the point of being ripped. We were shocked upon returning to the room after breakfast on the second day to discover the glasses and cups were unchanged and unwashed. The bath towels, quite flimsy, had not been changed, though the cost for the second day is the same as that for the first day, when you do get fresh stuff. There was one lamp beside the bed, the other having been moved to a bureau, where it was needed. The room had a dark atmosphere to it, as a result. The paintwork on the outside stairs suggests a building being left to decline. The dining room, which we declined to use, is at best basic in decor. The staff, however, were helpful and friendly.
2 night trip Feb 22, 2013
"Comfortable and quiet with historic atmosphere"
Central location overlooking inner harbor. Pleasant staff. Reasonable rates. Spacious rooms. Nice and quiet.
2 night trip Feb 2, 2013
Ken & Florence

"ハーバーに近く良い場所"
ホテルの外観、お庭には綺麗なお花が歓迎してくれるかの様に咲いていて良かったです。 ただ、お風呂にはシャワーが無く、バスタブだけで驚きました。 娘と行くには良いが男性は難しいかも。
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
シルビア
JP
"Hyggeligt hotel"
Hotellet er i gammel stil og ligger med udsigt til havnen
2 night family trip Sep 28, 2013
Jesper
DK
"Top Lage"
Das Hotel besticht durch seine Anderartigkeit in Bezug auf den fast kolonialen Einrichtungsstil. Außerdem befindet es sich mit seiner Lage direkt am Hafen sowie der Nähe zum Parlamentsgebäude in optimaler Reichweite zu allen touristischen Attraktionen Victorias.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
DE
"Gute zentrale Lage"
Einrichtung im viktorianischen Stil. Es fehlen dann einige Annehmlichkeiten wie z. B. Klimaanlage. Lage sehr zentral.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
DE
"ビクトリア、イギリスの伝統に関心のある方"
1800年代に作られた建物、夜景の美しさ、昼間の快適感最高でした。私たち定年旅行の老夫婦には十分な満足度です。シャワーの水が多少冷たくなったり、空調がないなど現代のホテルを意識すると不満はあるかもしれません。しかし立地場所、窓から広がる景色、18世紀に作られたガラスのゆがみを通して入ってくる景色、調度家具の数々、空間を最大限活用された伝統的施設、歴史の中で精錬されてきたホテル、何とも豊かな時間を過ごさせてもらいました。また金額の安さもとても満足できるホテルでした。ありがとうございました。
Other trip Apr 4, 2013