All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here309 Belleville St, Victoria, BC, V8V 1X2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to everything near the harbour location."
Great 'Olde Worlde' style hotel, original features which I hope they never change or update. Rooms could do with a lick of paint but that's all. Food was good as was the service - great stay.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Pauline
"Great atmosphere!"
We booked 2 rooms. The room wiht the king bed was great. The other room with a double bed needed the carpet cleaned. The beds were very comfortable in both rooms. We enjoyed the antiques and the feel of a grand old house. The hotel could use some refurbishing. The restaurant had great breakfasts. We enjoyed our stay and would go back.
2 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2014
Sue
"Great location but a little disappointing"
My husband & I stayed here recently for 3 nights. We were really excited about staying is such a beautiful old style property with a four poster bed. The location is excellent, however we were disappointed by the service and the room. We were put on the third floor in "the LOFT" , the room was smaller than expected and there was NO 4 poster bed as requested. The room was certainly not like the photo's...!! Bed was not properly made up daily as expected, all the beautiful covers and cushions were left on the floor after the first day. Towels were not changed daily and the coffee cups were not washed after a full day out. Staff at front desk were helpful & friendly when we made comment/ complained, however service and room did not live up to our expectation, leaving us very disappointed with the stay. I would recommend that you have to be very specific about the room and which floor when booking !!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Rob
"Heritage hotel with potential"
You can't beat the view from the balcony of this hotel overlooking the inner harbour or having breakfast on the patio. However, the physical upkeep of the suite was lacking in a few areas. The drain in the bathroom sink didn't hold water, which took forever to heat up. And if you like taking a shower in the morning like I do, there wasn't one. The bathroom door didn't close fully. Half the chandelier lights over the bed were burned out and there was a wasp nest in the balcony roof. Also be aware it is not handicap accessible in any way.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Bud
"Booking"
The hotel is in a perfect location. However what we booked was not available so we ended up with a regular hotel room with fairly old furniture.
2 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2014
LKD
"Great history and location"
We went to explore Victoria's history and this was a great place to start. We loved staying at the mansion because it was just something out of the ordinary. The staff was super friendly and I will book a room here again for our next trip.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
History junkie
"Very enjoyable"
If you are looking for a modern new hotel then this is not the place. If you were looking for character and charm then this is definately the place. It was very quaint, historic and if you were looking for a romantic getaway with a very unique feel then I highly recommend this place. we loved it.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Hank Aarsen
"Exactly as expected nice old mansion"
Will stay their again great location. Fabulous staff
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Disappointing stay at the Gatsby mansion"
This hotel is a heritage building that needs a lot of interior updating and cleaning. The wall paper is old and peeling off the walls, the carpets are dirty, the sofa is ripped and frayed, it's dusty and looks uncared for.
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Beautiful Inn Downtown Walking Distance"
I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Gatsby Mansion Inn. The rooms are timeless with lots of space for luggage. Beautiful location with walking distance to the downtown area, has lovely gardens and ponds with outside sitting areas to enjoy. Located on the harbor with near by tourist attractions. The food was amazing and wonderful service by friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend this location to anyone!
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"A place with Caracter"
It was a Grand place to stay within short walking distance to "Old Town".
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Great location, excellent staff. period charm."
Staff were very helpful, ready to please. Love the period charm of the place, Although it may be lackiing in modern comforts, it is made up for in charm. we were very comfy here.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Unfortunate"
We were here 20 yrs ago for Dinner. It was so well kept and beautiful. I don't think they have done Anything since then. It is in rough Shape. Even the menu was of no Interest to us. My wife is a red seal Chef and was quite disappointed. I, myself am a master electrician Who has been involved in the Residential industry for 25 yrs as a Business owner/operator. I will not be recommending this Inn anytime soon. If it would have Been kept up, they would have a Real gem. Now I know why it was so Cheap. When I first thought of going I expected to pay around $ 500.00/nt Not the $ 150.00 it cost. I think they Are short changing themselves
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2014
"A BEAUTIFUL Mansion"
There was nothing really wrong with the room, and nothing wrong with the hotel - especially considering it's age (like lack of enough electrical outlets, need for extra space heater). There is nothing there that shouldn't be expected with a 100+ year-old structure. It is a beautiful building, squeaks and all :) I scored 'convenience of location' & 'surrounding neighbourhood' low only because it is located near the far end of the tourist area - which is only a problem if you don't have a car. Even then, it's a 10-15 minute walk to the downtown area. That said, we specifically chose this hotel BECAUSE it is an old mansion.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"old world charm"
It was a great place to enjoy the way things use to be.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
"Loved the Old Style Character of this Hotel"
It's old and not renovated to today's standards... but the for the price and location: loved it! Loved the old style characteristics of the place.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Vancouver Travellers
"Quaint Inn great location"
It was what we expected for the age of the building. Location is great.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2013
Stayed there as it was close to Victoria marathon start. Good location and price. Generally friendly staff although the first woman who I spoke with was not pleasant. Very strict about the 3pm check in time. Confusing layout with Huntington hotel and Gatsby mansion-ended up walking through the restaurant to find the lobby based on the address. It was tricky to find my room. Room was fair. Bathroom was old but the bed was very comfortable. The plumbing is noisy and the floors creak which is to expected for the age and type of building. I didn't utilize the restaurant/s. Not sure if there was room service.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Need some TLC"
Hotel is a historical mansion, so obviously some things are old and part of the charm. But it needs some maintenance and updates, mainly cosmetic stuff, that will make it much better. E.g., there were a lot of tiny holes in the room that could easily have been patched. The doors were scruffed up and could have been easily painted. The light fixture in the bathroom flickers due to loose wiring. The furntiure needs reupholstering (stuffing is flat and the fabric frayed). Not much food services during off seasons but lots of choices in downtown about 1.5km. Location is nice-walked right out to see the inner harbor, and 500m from the historical government building. Free parking.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Dixon
"View of inner harbour ,cozy bed, quiet, beautiful."
The staff are for the most 20 something, issued up...20's, but once your past that it is a complete pleasure. Smoke free rooms, rooms with beautiful views of the inner harbour, perfectly located with every amenitie available within walking distance. One of the first homes built in the area, so if you like architecture you are going to love this.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Great Historic character"
Very enjoyable and was close to all must-see sights
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
Mike N
"The Hotel is close to the beach but!."
The Gatsby Mansion and the Judge's House are run like a "Bed and Breakfast". First we were going to be put in a room in the Judge's House but the "Smell" in the room was sicking, we asked to be placed in the "Gatsby Mansion" as booked. I do know what "Old Homes" are like (I come form an old country) but I was not ready for this one. When you go into the foyer of the "Gatsby" you get hit with a "musty-pissey" smell, though, not as bad as the room in the Judge's House. In my opinion,both Houses need extensive upgrading, such as; Carpeting, Wallpaper (peeling from the walls in our room) re-furbishment of the "Hide-a-bed" (seat-cushings were all thread-bare and holes in them)
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Francis
"Grand Old House"
We did have a great view of Victoria's inner harbour. The house is over one hundred years old, and has been converted to a 10 room B + B, so I guess you can't compare these rooms with that of a modern hotel. Our room was in the attic and had a number of issues.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Great location and beautiful, but not a Mansion"
The Good: Great central location, iconic looking mansion, great restaurant, attentive staff. The Bad: 1. Disingenuous/cryptic room descriptions makes impossible to understand the variety of rooms. Although the main building is indeed a historic Mansion, we were put into the "Judges House" next to the busy ferry loading ramp and a bar. I guess I selected that class of room, but honestly, I had no way of knowing what I had booked until we got there. They should describe their room choices much more clearly! 2. The tub/shower is missing simple little things like a simple shelf to hold soap, shampoo etc. Even the tiny shelf along the other wall was nothing more than a crudely cut and unpainted board screwed up with brackets better suited for a garage 3. The shower curtain arrangement is so ridiculously long that it covers the drain in the claw-foot bathtub! 4. The mechanism that changes the flow of water from tub to shower is broken and has been that way for a long time. We mentioned it to the front desk, but the maids should have identified this ages ago. It is literally falling apart and makes showering very difficult. 5. The carpets in the front entry area smell very musty. 6. Door to room did not close/latch properly. Even though the facility that uses physical keys instead of magnetic swipe cards, I was always afraid that the door could be very easily pushed open at any time.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Good Location, shame about the hotel"
We booked the Gatsby for our 26th wedding anniversary, the room featured was a lovely picture of a King four poster bed with canopy and all the drapery. It looked beautiful. After confirming my booking, which stated a king room with a sofa bed, I checked with the hotel we had definitely booked this room, however the Gatsby said I booked two doubles beds but they would change the booking. When we entered the room, it was 2 doubles. I contacted reception and said this was not the room we booked. As the king room was available, they moved us. The second room was a king four poster, but it was noting like the picture. It had no drapery or canopy, the room hadn't smelled as though it had not been occupied for some time, it had cobwebs on the ceiling, pubic hair in the bathroom from previous occupants, no plug for the sink, and one of the room curtains wouldn't pull properly, giving little privacy from the condo units next door. The room was furnished with cheap reproduction furniture, of varying periods, and cheap awful pictures, similar to those in a charity shop, dirty well worn dusky pink carpet and duck egg walls. A night away from the kids, and expectations of a lovely romantic setting, I treat us to a bottle of champagne, the same brand we had served at our wedding, but the hotel was such a disappointment, we took it home with us, unopened. So disappointing, I will not recommend the Gatsby Mansions nor will I be staying with them again.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
I booked a room in the Gatsby house and get a Judge's room. It's right opposite to the inner habour and 5 minutes' walk to major attractions, including the parliament building, the empress, museum, beacon hill park, etc. Great location. Room is victoria style and over 100 year's old. But clean and neat.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Superblackdog
"unique as ever."
Great place, great location, great service, friendly staff. Great price
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Close to the harbour"
One of the two rooms had stunning views of the harbour. The other had geese for an alarm clock. Close to the harbour and the centre of town.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Nice location by the harbour"
This hotel needs upgrades and better food services. The hotel is quaint but the furnishings are way too old. They could do so much more with this place, it's really too bad.
4 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2013
Brie
"Excellent ambience but a little run down"
The architecture was stunning. Definitely in need of some upgrading of flooring and there were dust bunnies on high ceilings. Overall though a nice stay at an excellent location.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2013
"Gatsby Inn"
There's a great vibe to the Gatsby Inn. The architecture is amazing, the decor spot on and the service is great. We went on a ghost walk in the downtown, and for a touch of irony, the last stop was the Gatsby, where we learned room 5 had some spectral residents. The only problem I had with the building was the mould in the shower.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
"Good stay if you give the people a chance to assis"
Service and staff make a difference in any stay. While the hotel is an aging property, it is well maintained. However, the staffing is exceptional, from bellman to counter. Food is very good as well. Anthony, the front desk manager runs a good team, which is obvious throughout the hotel with all of the staff. The people are good, friendly, timely without being obsequious. Very nice experience that way
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Galen
"a bit dissappointed"
We thought we were booked into the Mansion but were in fact in the house next door.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"don't stay there for the money"
only good location and bad everything else. on top hotel staff got a little weird attitude
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Your choice."
Lots of character. Very low quality TV (but we didn't care). Old house odor. Our room was street level, just about eye to eye with people on the sidewalk, and a busy restaurant in the next room. Extremely close to the harbor, so easy to get to the fun.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Comfy King Size in a Room with a View"
My husband and I stayed at the Gatsby Mansion for our honeymoon, and it was so lovely. I had emailed the staff before our stay to confirm that they had received our reservation, and since I mentioned that it was our honeymoon they sweetly upgraded our room for free. Upon arrival and throughout the stay the staff was friendly and helpful, and I really have no complaints. The view from our room (North Shore room) was amazing - it looked right out over the harbour. We got there on Canada Day and downtown Victoria was a zoo, but with our view we got to avoid the zoo and see the entire fireworks display right from our couch! Finally, the last thing I want to mention is the four poster king size bed. It was extremely comfortable. My husband, who usually has some trouble falling asleep, fell asleep in seconds every night. Our stay was entirely relaxing, and we were excited to go back to our room every night after our long days of being tourists.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Gatsby Mansion not recommended"
There didn't seem to be anyone at the desk during the day where I stayed except the main part of the hotel. Most of all, the smell of the Gatsby Mansion was unbearable when walking into the main entrance --- I was totally turned off! My eggs benedict was skimpy --- a few more cold potatoes please! I was not pleased with my stay for the amount of money I spent.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Gail
Everything was OK!
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Bruno
"Tired and in need of a good decorating and upgradi"
We were in the Judges House, it smelled and was sparsely furnished. The phone didn't work nor the TV. The mattress was most uncomfortable. A poor attempt in providing a vintage type room. Very overpriced for the amenities, but location good. Apparently the hotel is in receivership. Reservations should not be made without disclosing this.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"The Great Gatsby experience"
I totally loved the decor of the room, not to mention sleeping in a 4 poster bed. It was fabulous! The staff were most friendly, accommodating and helpful. The grounds of the mansion were also delightful and set in a beautiful landscape of running water with views of the inner harbour. Would definitely visit again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
"Tired Mansion"
Found the Gatsby Mansion Inn very disappointing. Diningroom is not open for dinner, only breakfast & lunch. We did not stay in the Gadsby but Judge Hall. Room was very tired looking, not too inviting, although a very large room. Rip in one chair, stuffing coming out, pillows needed replacing and the bed drooped towards the foot. Both Mansion & Judge Hall had that "old house smell" which is not pleasant. Location is great for walking downtown Victoria & free parking is a plus.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Pat
"Grand old Hotel"
Very nice old hotel, brings you back to a different time. The only thing I have to question is why is there not showers in all rooms?
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Don
"quaint and comfortable"
wonderful old mansion, nice breakfast
1 night trip May 29, 2013
The Gatsby Mansion Inn is a spectacular Inn, however, it does require much upgrading. The restaurant staff was exceptional (very busy for one person). Would stay again if our room was in the main Inn and no the Judges House.
2 night trip May 8, 2013
"A Birthday Surprise"
We received a complimentary up-grade to the North Shore Room. The room was clean and very quiet despite being on a busy street. The king size bed was a treat as well as very comfortable. The hotel is close to the downtown core of Victoria with lots of attractions and restaurants within easy walking distance. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
Val
"April 7/8 at Gatsby"
A nice place to stay but a lack of other guests made this old.mansion seem a little abandoned and lifeless.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
M&J
Wasn't good. Hot water wasn't working in bathroom and they changed room for us but second one was ...in the bath tub, paint was cracked up and has blue water stain, drain was broken...I couldn't get in there. I really think that price they have for that room is so wrong. I wouldn't stay at Gatsby Mansion Inn again. The location was great but I don't know what to say...Well I was so disapointed...I haven't been Victoria for 15 yrs and I was expecting nice stay at Gatsby Mansion Inn... well...I'll chose other hotel next time.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
AG
"Neat historic hotel"
The Gatsby is 140 years old. That is some of the charm and it has been reasonably well maintained. Our delightful room was on the 3rd floor so lots of stairs since elevators were not in the original plans. Good bed great view of the harbour and good ensuite. Very central to downtown Victoria.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
"Very Different Possibly Haunted?"
Very nice sleep and beautiful setting. Was awaken to some sounds at 1:30pm. I was the only person at the mansion that evening??. A very rewarding experience!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2013
"Gruesome Gatsby"
the bahtub was dirty. we were buried with dust when we turned on the ceiling fan, and all furnishings were dust covered. While we realize it was the down season there appeared to be no effort to ready the room for us.
Other trip Mar 8, 2013