All hotels in Karon, Thailand
14 Kata Noi Road, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel great location"
It was a great and comfortable hotel. The beach was amazing and very private and all in all a great experience. Local food is a walk away so that helps because the hotel prices are a bit high compared to local authentic food. Breakfast is AMAZING. I loved breakfast. I will stay at this hotel again if I ever visit Thailand.
2 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2015
"Beautiful Resort"
The resort and hotel were absolutely beautiful on one of the nicest beaches in Phuket. We were staying for a couple days on our honeymoon and loved it!
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
zoe
"Fantastic resort on very clean beach"
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The beach and pool(s) were important to me and they both exceeded my expectations. Kata Noi was my favorite beach on the island of Phuket. The property is very well kept, including the rooms, and there is beautiful green nature everywhere you turn. The shower in my "basic" room made me feel like I was in a spa and was huge. The hotel does an excellent job keeping the beach clean & this beach is also unique because there are limited vendors so you can enjoy relaxing. There are always taxi's outside the hotel which is convenient when you want to go somewhere outside of walking distance (don't miss the weekend market near Phuket city or the seashell museum in Rawai). The hotel offers a very low cost shuttle to Old Phuket Town & where I loved seeing the Sino-Portuguese shop houses & going to Kopitium Cafe (delicious authentic local food & drinks) on Thalang Road. This is a very family friendly hotel but is also a great place for individuals (like myself), couples, or groups. The concierge makes every effort to meet your interests & answer all of your questions & I'm really glad this resort is where I stayed. All staff are professional, consistently show genuine kindness, and display an interest in making it a pleasant stay for everyone. Enjoy your trip!
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Sheila
"awsome"
we had a great stay, birds even joined during breakfast that made those mornings wonderful. It was very humid days during our stay that made us sweat if we stay outside the room otherwise we go swimming in their beautiful infinity pool. I wish we could come back someday.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Josue
"week of paradise"
We enjoyed the beautiful garden and uncrowded beach. The breakfast is excellent with its variety of food and the friendniness of the staff.
6 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
"Great hotel. Good size rooms. Lots of pools"
I had a great stay. Highly recommended. Just outside of Kata so relatively quiet but lots of restaurants, generally good value. Clean and friendly. Huge private beach. Just a shame my trip coincided with a storm for most of the time!
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Overall GREAT place!"
This was my first trip to Thailand and I got an ocean front room for 9 nights. I enjoyed this vacation immensely and the accommodations and staff played a huge role in it. You can book tours from the resort which are reasonably priced. I do not recommend the Fisherman's Warf Restaurant. The prices are high for food that isn't very good and I have eaten at a lot of seafood restaurants in my travels.
7 night trip Sep 18, 2015
"Bad food"
Very humid rooms, very expensive prices for very bad food
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Honeymoon"
The overall stay was great with 2 minor issues. Whenever the air conditioner was on the room became moist and had a wet moldy smell. I told the desk and they immediately brought up something for the smell and moister, it decreased the smell by 80%. The second issue was with the shower which was addressed and fixed. The property is well kept at all times. The breakfast was amazing, international hot dishes buffet style. I would definitely return
9 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
Naomie
"Good place and beauty hotel"
I liked the place and the hotel rooms and beauty of the sea coast, but was not clean
7 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
mawaheb
"Nice."
I realized that I will spend my holidays in the extension of Katathani Hotel (100 meters far than the main). I wish that the information was clear before discovering it in the last moment. Besides, it is fine.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Tarek
"A Beautiful Hotel"
This is a truly lovely hotel and a beautiful beach. We were there during the off-season and it is not as good for swimming at the beach. The waves were a little rough. The pools at the hotel were great, though. There's a nice children's program here. Lots of things for kids to do. The food was really good.
5 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Both 5 star and silent"
This hotel so far the airport but the kata beach is perfect both katathani.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"On kata noi beach friendly staff"
Kata is definitely the best place to stay if you're not into the spring break college scene of patong. Nice pools, clean beach, several bars/restaurants on property. Close to gift shops and other restaurants. A cheap tuk-tuk ride can get you around for cheap. The only complaint I would have is that the hotel staff's English is very limited, but it's Thailand.
Other trip May 6, 2015
sean
"great location"
excellent location,love the way the road ends at the resort.loved the check welcome.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Nice, older hotel right on the beach."
Very friendly and helpful staff. Would love to visit again sometime.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great Hotel on the Beach"
Family of 7 for our annual vacation... Did a lot of research and finally got on Katathani.. Glad we did Amazing hotel with a lot of pools and by the beach... Great access and great beach... Had some rocks for a good snorkel by the day... The restaurants were good The staff was polite and excellent There are shops across where u can get water,milk and there is an amazing restaurant called Orchid that has great seafood... Breakfast was good and had a nice spread Did have a lot of folks from Eastern Europe-Russia in particular which i guess is due to the hard winter in the former soviet union. Resort is excellent.. On a note the Immigration line at the Airport can be frustrating... Takes 90 min to get to the airport from the resort.. Will definitely get back... Would choose the Villa Rooms for the luxury... Nothing beats the Thai Massage Place outside the resort...
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Diljit
"Great Beach"
We had a very nice experience at this resort. It is off by itself so not in the hub of shopping but the grounds and amenities were outstanding. The beach and views were beautiful.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"communication, experience"
what difference will my input do for me ? NOTHING !! their staff is English very poor... don't even understand what is a " martini"... very much overpriced... could not find an empty lounge chair, all taken by the German guests...all the time... very poor system !! the Thai restaurant "sucked" !! would i go there again ?? hell no !!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Title is misleading"
Overall we did have a good stay at this hotel, but we did have some problems and I felt very mislead going into the experience. Most importantly, I booked this hotel because I thought it was on the beach! But unless you book a Junior Suite level or above, your room will be ACROSS the STREET from the beach, and none of the rooms overlook the ocean at all. We had trouble at check-in; they had "upgraded" us to a family suite after I booked a King room with pool views. WRONG. The "Family" room was small, overlooked a road and had two double beds. We had to go back down and complain before they would even change our room. We did end up getting the correct room but had to wait three hours after the designated check in time for it to be ready. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the resort grounds were fantastic, but the rooms are old, musty, and lacking in privacy as the bathroom is completely open to the room and there are not doors in which to close it off. I would not recommend coming here on a romantic honeymoon where you want to spend a lot of time in your room!! For the money, I was disappointed in the experience. This is not a 5 star resort, I would give it a 3.5 stars when compared with other resorts I have stayed at.
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"Relaxing, very enjoyable romantic getaway"
Kata thank Beach Resort was extremely pleasurable. We only stayed for two days due to trip constraints but thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Cinnamon's breakfast was amazing, and the Thai restaurant (can't remember the name) was accommodating as they made me a special request which was not on the menu. Fisherman's Wharf restaurant wasn't as great with either service or food, but the musicians that sang and played music at each table were quite enjoyable. The hotel service was extremely nice and hospitable. Our junior suite seaside room was very clean and comfortable. We had more of a view of the pool and Palm trees but could see the blue ocean waters as well, and sitting on the patio at night listening to the waves crash onshore put me in a calm and happy mood. You do have to pay for WiFi which I found annoying. Overall a relaxing resort which I would recommend to friends and family.
2 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Great place to unwind"
Great hotel. Good food and pools. Beach was perfect. Got the junior suite on the 3rd floor. Great ocean view close to everything. Thani wing the one to be in. Closer to beach and nicer resturants.
4 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
edward
"Great beach!"
Great beach access and amenities...room overall okay but can be slightly be more updated.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Theneps
If you are going to stay at this resort be aware there is two different sides to the hotel. The resort is extremely large. All rooms are lovely. My dad had the Deluxe room and it was really nice. If I stay there again I would go deluxe room over the Junior Oceanfront suite just for value for money and nice room. The ladies massages around the pool are fantastic and cheap. You need to do it! Nice area to stay in Phuket, restaurant across the road from main reception is fantastic food and amazing value.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
This is a beautiful property on its own secluded beach. All the amenities you would expect at a top tier resort. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The restaurants are good quality and the pools are great. Even though off season this was a wonderful experience.
kevin
"1 week in Kata Thani, had a great time."
Extremely pleasant and helpful staff from arrival to leaving, beautiful rooms and hotel grounds everything in well kept order, the only drawback if there was one was the oil patches mixed with sand sticking to your feet/sandals, we had to throw away about 3 pairs of flips flops, but this is not isolated to the KT but to all beaches in Phuket these days, the Thai government are obviously not controlling the tourism properly down there. All in all, a very good stay.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Kata Beach Hotel"
Nice hotel by the beach. Good breakfast. Could use a little updating in some areas but it worked.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Resort style hotel located on quiet, public beach."
After a ridiculous adventure to get to Phuket (re: don't take trains in Thailand), a hot shower and a comfy bed was all we wanted, and Katathani delivered. The week only got better - it's location on Kata Noi beach was quiet and relaxing with the hardest decision was to cool off in the pool or the ocean. The breakfast buffet was delicious, but necessary, given it's outside of Kata town with few restaurants. Short walk to Kata town, but the restaurants on the hotel's road and in Kata town seemed very Westernized. Limited transportation, so you rely on the hotel taxi ($$) or flagging down and negotiating with a local taxi. It was quiet and relaxing - perfect way to end a 3-week jaunt through Asia.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Liz
"Wonderful place!!-the"
This was a great, world-class destination. The hotel sits on a pristine, gorgeous bay! The massage people on the property made it especially reat. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfasts also.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"Great beach, but this hotel has gone downhill."
This was the second time I have stayed at this property. This time I stayed in a 'grand sea view suite'. I honestly could not tell the difference between the suite and a regular room. In fact my partner said the bathroom and sitting area in the regular rooms are better than in the suites. I would usually expect a suite to have a sofa and maybe an armchair and a desk. None of those things in the suites at this hotel. I think that the hotel has gone for a strategy of selling rooms at low cost to budget package tour operators. I noticed a lot more families and students in this most recent trip. The place was completely packed and clearly the reception staff were overwhelmed and unable to function under the pressure. So many children at this hotel. Don't go here for a romantic getaway. There are no non-smoking rooms, and everyone seems to smoke. The people in the room next to mine smoked day and night and the smoke somehow got into my room. There was no escaping the smoke in my room or anywhere on the property. A lot of the rules and quirks at this place are annoying. Eg the gym is only open during office hours and there are no late checkouts even for a fee. The in-room wifi is not free (nor is it very expensive. I paid 500bhat for a week wifi access), but it is very unreliable. Only works half the time and is very weak and slow when it does work. The breakfast is nice, however the food at lunchtime in the fishermans wharf restaurant is revolting mush.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
shaun
"Beautiful, well-run resort!"
Came to stay for a week for my cousins wedding and was not disappointed! Great food, excellent service, clean and modern rooms. I loved every moment and the wedding turned out beautifully, with every detail perfect! Would love to return someday!
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Emilie
"Great stay in Phuket"
Katathani Resort in Phuket is a great place to stay when visiting Phuket - highly recommended. The staff is extremely friendly and the beach is amazing. We would recommend upgrading to the Grand Suite which gives a great room of the Ocean and provides a very comfortable stay.
6 night trip Jul 7, 2013
You will love this peace full resort away from the hussle and bussle, beachfront location, many restaurants and activities to choose from, friendly staff and many rooms have recently been refurbished. Great swimming pools also.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"great place"
this place was great for us. private beach, great facilities.
4 night trip May 29, 2013
"Very disappointing"
My husband and I stayed here for 4 days after a visit to Bangkok. While the Katathani may be better than the other hotels in the area, it was extremely disappointing for us. The room smelled of mildew. It just did not look extremely clean. The pools were crowded, and the water was very warm - not refreshing. You had to pay to use the chairs on the beach. Definitely not worth traveling from the US to beach here (the area is equivalent to the Dominican Republic and might have worse beaches). We stayed in the newer wing, which was much better than the old part. For the price, I thought that the quality of everything would have been better.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
KT

"Perfect location"
Overall, the resort is quite dated but well maintained. Perfect location as it occupies the whole Kata Noi beach with no road between, only a few resorts in Phuket would have this condition. The room, staff, and food, meet their standards. We stayed there for two nights after Christmas 2015, a bit overpriced due to peak period of the year but it is acceptable. Recommend.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Tosapol
Great!!
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2015
"Nice facilities"
We love the swimming pools, beach and kids club of the resort very much. They are really nice. Also, the Christmas Gala dinner is great.
5 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
Sze Kam
"Comfortable bed and superB scenery"
One of the best hotel and resort I've been in the past years. Almost private beach, lovely and clean 6 swimming pools with 4 different bars and restaurants inside..superb resort.MY wife and I enjoyed evrything and every moment. We stayed atleast 4 days and 5 nights. The bed was oft and comfortable.The hotel staffs are very helpful and kind. Tje breakfast buffet was okie and delicious. We'll look forward to stay again in this resort and hotel.
4 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
PH
"Great location and facilities"
Booked a room in the Buri wing for a week and was very impressed with the hotel generally. It's right on the beach, which is fantastic, and has several pools and restaurants on site. The hotel spreads across virtually the whole of Kata Noi beach which gives you the sense that the beach is almost exclusively the hotel's although that is not actually the case. The food in the hotel restaurants is top quality but not cheap. There are several restaurants outside on the adjoining street if you want to eat more cheaply. The service was fast and efficient. Very friendly staff. The room was big and had a small balcony overlooking a small pool. The decor was a little tired and the shower area, whilst vast, was separate from the loo and washbasin area which I found a little irksome but that is personal taste. Overall, I would definitely return to the hotel if coming back to this part of Phuket. In my view Kata Noi is much nicer than Kata beach next door, as it is much quieter and feels more exclusive. There is a great little reef for snorkelling just off the beach when the surf isn't too high and a 5 star PADI dive centre on site, who were great.
7 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Colin
Fabulous
4 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
Rhonda
"Definitely the place for a family"
Great location for families, great pools, beach, breakfast area. Need more entertainment in the evening for young families with kids. Rooms should be re decorated showing age. Staff members - some are great some are not so good. Beach is perfect. A definite must stay location if you are going to Phuket. Located away from all the chaos. Pool set up crazy, people put their towels on beds first thing in the morning to reserve their seat. They then leave it there all day which results in all beds taken but no one at pool area...completely crazy. if you do not do this you will go to the pool and not be able to get a bed/chair as all empty beds (which are the majority are taken). Can everyone keep complaining to management about this to break the cycle LOL
10 night family trip Nov 18, 2015
Loraine
"Beautiful area, gorgeous hotel service mediocre"
It is so picturesque and beautiful at kata beach that it can simply do no wrong. You can get massages by the pool which I highly recommend and also there's good food stall in the area so don't go full board. The only thing qas sometimes there was lacklustre service. This is probably due to the size of the hotel and the overwhelming demand on staff. In general if you pay them for some thing it'll get done quicker. Also u on get 1 room unless you ask for 2. Make sure you take loads of pictures and don't miss the love sign in the seacret restaurant during breakfast
4 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
Mohamed
"Couples and family retreat!!"
Beautiful hotel in a quiet location on Phuket Island, Thialand. Great for a couples or family retreat where you dont miss the hussle and bussle.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Joel
"Well worth the stay"
If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Patong and Kata Beach then this is the resort you want. Its right on its own beach, it is a public beach but people have to find it. 5 pools, great breakfast. A short walk over the hill to KATA Beach for a variety of food and shopping. Hotel is over the read from some reasonably priced restaurants as well.
5 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
"Suzie's "Me Time" in Thailand"
I really enjoyed staying at Katathani and was glad to have found the resort that had everything I wanted for my holiday I really liked how all staff were always smiling, very pleasant, happy, helpful and liked to have a laugh with you . There ethics and professional manner was really appreciated no matter what day it was. I became friends with a range of other guests who were also pleasant to be with. I loved the layout of the resort. It was easy to get to other areas especially access to the beach. Food was great. Shops were lovely too as well as been able to walk to Kata Beach. Been the first time in Thailand it made me feel good and relaxed, which is what a holiday is all about...perfect location.
9 night trip Oct 23, 2015
Suzie
"Once again another amazing stay at Katathani."
Love Katathani and we got an amazing deal with Expedia but ended up moving to the Thani wing. Our first room was in the Buri wing. Even though we upgraded to a deluxe room in the Buri wing when we booked it was disappointing that it wasn't up to the Thani wings standards. Our shower was dirty which was rectified immediately on reporting this. However; I think the issue is that the Buri wing rooms need a proper update including replacing the bathrooms. Our bathroom wasn't even an actual room it was like it was in the hallway with louver doors to pull around which offered no privacy at all - not very comfortable when traveling with a friend. We spent one night there and moved to the Thani wing which was so much better. The rooms in both wings have been painted in lighter colours but they are getting a bit tired looking. Having said that we again had an amazing holiday. The staff are all so polite and helpful. Always a smile and willing to help with anything. Amazing breakfast, pools, massage ladies, bellboys, reception staff, pool staff and stunning grounds. Not to mention the stunning stretch of beach. I will always go back to Katathani because they are like a family.just got back last week after 2 weeks....now to head back to work and dream of my return to Katathani.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
M.G
Great place to chill out. Plenty to do see and eat.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"Location great hotel room and female staff poor."
Hi Female staff rude. Room very average and not clean. Location saved this hotel as on beach.
3 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
eion
"Nice spot, close to beach - great for families"
We had a good time staying 8 nights which is probably enough for a family of 4. The pools and beach are right in front of you and if you have rainy days there are options to keep kids busy. It's also good spot to be based and head off for adventures. What I liked best... It's quiet and just far enough away from all the shopping and tourist areas.
Other trip Oct 3, 2015