All hotels in Walnut Creek, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2805 Jones Rd, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Sleepless Night"
This hotel was perfect for a business trip which was only minutes away from the destination. Situated in a really nice neighborhood as well. Staff was friendly and room was clean. However, the bed + sleeping situation was awful. The bed felt like it had sheets stuffed in-between to make it seem like a soft bed, but after it broke down it was like cardboard. Small bed as well and because the bed frame was not attached to the headboard, it made a smacking sound against the wall when you moved. We actually pulled our bed away from it after the first night to stop the sound. Whats worse, is that our neighbors bed was right up against our wall as well. WHY?! So every time they moved, it made a sound and woke us both up both nights, leaving us extra tired in the morning before work.
Response by Renaissance Clubsport Walnut Creek Hotel
I want to apologize for the uncomfortable sleeping situation you experienced during this visit. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and giving us the opportunity to improve our guests room experience.
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
"It works"
The hotel is built around a great gym and pool, and guests are entitled to access when they stay. That was the best thing about staying here. My kids loved the pool access. Check in was easy and the staff was nice. The rooms are clean and well appointed, they have nice Aveda products in the bathroom. We ate at the Bistro for dinner on our arrival and the food was good, staff nice and friendly. Though the beds were comfy, they were on the small side and you can hear what's going on in the hall and adjacent rooms. The wifi in the rooms is practically nonexistent so all wifi communication needed to be done in the lobby/business center. There was a mix up with our room service order on our 'check out' day but while it was inconvenient, the staff did their best to remedy things so credit due there. I might try this place again, but will most likely get two rooms instead of one when traveling with the kids.
Response by Renaissance Clubsport Walnut Creek Hotel
Laura, Thank you for taking the time to highlight our great amenities and I am so glad your kids loved our pool. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your time. We look forward to your next visit and hope that we can continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
My wife and I stayed at the Clubsport overnight before traveling on to NAPA. We had a clean room and the service was very courteous.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
CHRIS GROFF
"Great hotel."
Really nice hotel with great workout facility. We had the breakfast buffet which was really good and very fast which allowed us to make a quick start of the day. There are also nice restaurants nearby. We got an exceptionally good rate since we booked two rooms. We will definitely be back.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Patty
"Highly recommend"
Great place in a great location. Indoor basketball gym was amazing. Breakfast was great too. Would definitely go back.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
Rooms excellent price/quality Breakfast (not included) is awesome
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Fantastic workout facilities!"
Very nice hotel, great breakfast buffet, and HUGE workout facility. My only complaint was the double beds vs queen beds - that extra 6 inches makes a big difference with two people in a bed. The room was spacious enough to handle two queens, so I don't know why they chose two doubles instead. Otherwise, great property.
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2014
R W
"good spot"
we came here to visit my son who lives nearby. Had stayed previously at a nearby hotel on the freeway. This was much better. Staff is friendly. Only complaint is that the dining options on property are very limited. Bar menu is OK if you like pizza or flatbreads, or salad, not much else.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
GM
"Great gym and pools. relaxing for weekend"
Very nice hotel with a great gym and pools. Nice for a relacing workout weekend. I didnt use the spa but it also seemed nice. The restaurant was good (not great) and had live jazz. Seems like the gym and bar area are used by the community and so this is a "happening" place.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Stephen
"Amazing!"
breakfast was great, and the overall atmosphere was very nice! Will stay at this hotel every time I'm there!!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
lexy
"Healthy, Sporty and Business Friendly"
This is a great hotel that gives value at all levels. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Only two issues they need to address. The food selection is not great, but there are plenty of restaurants in the area. The other is that the Internet service is choppy and cuts out, which can get annoying if you're doing a Skype or Webinar session. You definitely need a car. But will certainly stay here again the next time I'm in the area.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Excellent Hotel in Walnut Creek Calif"
As I looked over the Expedia choices for our trip, the Renaissance Club Sport looked very promising and was priced very well. From the Valets to the check in, coffee shop and restaurant each employee had a smile on their face, was well informed and could not do enough to welcome or serve. The room was spacious and very comfortable with one of the nicest bathrooms I have seen. An excellent well run well managed hotel. Great location and worth the price.....and I never used the world class workout facility.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Doc
"Large rooms, centrally located. Healthy food."
Second time staying here, last time 4 years ago. Still in excellent condition with access to huge health club with basketball courts, outdoor pool, etc. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious with tasteful, fun decor. Restaurant and market serve good, health conscious foods. Large common areas for reading and hanging out. Quiet for being next to the freeway.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
This was a fine place to stay. I don't like paying for parking so probably won't stay here again though.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
"Conveniently Located"
Stayed here for my half marathon and was very pleased with how quiet the place is (got a great night's sleep prior to my race). Staff was courteous and pleasant. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
David D.
"close to friends apartment"
We salvaged what started out as a bust. I had read the fine print which did state the room configuration (king size bed) are preferences, not necessarily definite. Sure enough, no king size bed. No amount of coaxing was going to sway the desk clerk, as she immediately quoted the fine print. Double bed was awful, like a sheet of plywood. No breakfast included, which we weren't going to use anyway. Valet parking only quite expensive, but we had no car. Cars were everywhere even on the sidewalks. Weekend free parking at lot next door. The exercise fitness facility seemed wonderful, but we weren't using that either. I was able to switch rooms the 2nd night easily. Hotel very close to our friends. STARBUCKS IN THE LOBBY. Salvaged weekend.
3 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2013
"review"
My family loved it.
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2013
"Excellent added-value hotel"
We needed a nice place in Walnut Creek for a 2 day/1night trip to see friends & family. The online, parking-included rate, was a deal-in-disguise that we were very happy with. Close to BART and I-680, with in and out valet parking privileges, brand new feeling room, clean, executive style hotel with a FANTASTIC health/sport club attached with full use privileges, too. The sport club had 3 pools, full sauna/steam room & locker room facilities indoors, which we used on 2 different occasions during our stay. Good restaurant, and bistro food service in lobby. For $165 total, this was a deal. Absolutely will stay there again.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"better than anticipated"
happy to have found this place. will return often. the gym is amazing.
2 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Satisfactory accommodations"
Nothing fancy. Clean and well appointed room. Very well equipped fitness center is included in the price.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Honeymoon"
It was nice, The one thing that was forgotten was that the front desk was suppose to bring up a bottle of red wine for our wedding day and that never happened.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Frank Kuligowski
"Wonderful experience"
Our experience was unique, we like the restaurants, and the staff hotel really know how to treat the guess.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Rob
"Fabulous facility for fitness junkies"
This beautifully appointed hotel is attached to a full-service gym and spa with classes throughout the day open to guests (spin, yoga, zumba, water fitness, etc). Three outdoor pools as well as indoor jacuzi, steam room, and sauna. Full breakfast buffet (not included) was delicious. Staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Walnut creek"
Rooms we're clean and staff was great. Workout facilities were best I've. Ever seen.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"An impressive property"
Top notch - the spa and exercise facility is absolutely phenomenal. Love the way the restaurant incorporates nutrition consistent with the health focus of the facility. Definitely worth a destination trip.
2 night business trip Sep 6, 2013
Darin
"Was convenient to nearby church conference"
Was very good. Parking entrance-way can be a little confusing without moe signage
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2013
"excellent experience although parking is pricey"
Beautiful hotel, amazing health club, very good food and great service. I went in and out a lot because of demands on an upcoming wedding. $19/day parking plus tip every time I went in and out (3-4 times/day) made parking a lot of money. Very nice service by the valets so no complaint there
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
"Very nice room and pools"
Had a great stay with 2 kids (5 and 10). Very nice room, amenities, and pools. Room was spacious, clean and pleasant. Kids loved the pools and music at the pool on Sunday. Everything very nice.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Ella 375
"Good stay in Walnut Creek"
Great stay. Convenient to BART, shuttle downtown, bikes available for rental with a great trail near the hotel through to downtown Walnut Creek.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Fabulous family stay"
Lovely service, warm welcome. Clean rooms, delicious food, great facilities. I felt like we got a great deal, too.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Pleasantville"
Nicest most helpful staff of any hotel I have visited. Stay away from the handicap rooms, the shower was horrible.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Man in a suitcase
"positive experience"
The hotel was very nice and the room comfortable, clean and well appointed. The staff was very helpful and there was everything you would need right there including a pretty extensive health club. It was a very positive experience.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Great Place!"
Our stay was highly enjoyable. The pool was great, the equipment was nicely kept, the staff was exceptional. Customer service was great all the way around. The room was roomy and did not feel cramped, even with our big stroller in the room. Will definitely come back!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
D
"4th of July holiday"
We had the best time and are never disappointed when staying here. The staff and service are impeccable. The amenities are wonderful. The location is ideal for Walnut Creek. We will definitely come back to this property when visiting the Bay Area.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
M Weeks
The room was very clean and comfortable - very quiet too considering the hotel was sold out. The hotel is well maintained. Excellent service from the valet and front desk staff. I will definitely return and recommend this hotel to others.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Went for my daughter's wedding dress shopping weekend, I ended up hurt and went to hospital and your staff refunded me for the second night. Can't wait to come back and enjoy out stay and the gym, thank you
2 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2013
Shelley
"Everything was perfect"
We found that the staff went out of their way to help us in any way they could.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
sk
"Close to our children"
Wonderful---as always.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"The best get away"
I came to The Renaissance Hotel to just get away by myself and relax. I enjoy going to hotels to get some peace and this has been by far the best overnight stay I have ever had. I am still giddy over it. From the gym access to the on site restaurant. It has been great. The spa was a bit pricey though.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"I wish I had to travel to Walnut Creek more often"
This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, and my family and I travel quite a lot. The staff was utterly incredible! From the moment we arrived, they went out of their way to make us feel special. Our greeting by the doorman was "Welcome home!" accompanied big a big smile. If you are ever in the area and need a place to stay, I would hands- down recommend this hotel. My husband complains about hotel beds being too soft or too hard (like in the Three Little Bears story). Well the one here was PERFECT for him. He slept like a baby. BTW, their fitness center is also amazing!
3 night trip May 24, 2013
Claudia
"A classy luxury hotel"
This hotel was very nice beginning at the front door. Beautiful decorations, and very polite valets. The front desk is very nice and patient. Also was very pleasing, they couldn't find a wine opener for us, but they went searching in the restaurant instead of giving up. The service was satisfying and the room was very clean and nice. We stayed at a two queen bedroom and the view was nice. The bathroom is equipped with a nice water Faucet. We really enjoyed our stay and we recommend you to stay here at the renessains hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2013
Clair
"Very Enjoyable"
My girlfriend and I were looking for a hotel, that was close to San Francisco, and would be nice to stay at for a few nights. The Renaissance surpassed our expectations. The room was large, and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The valet staff were very courteous and addressed me by name after we checked in. They also were helpful in suggesting places to eat that were nearby, and helped me in picking out a running route. The only complaint we had was the restaurant service was very slow, and after waiting 20 minutes for a lemonade, I was told something had to be "changed out" and it wouldn't be available for another 20 mintues. However, the food was good, and it was convenient having a Starbucks in the lobby.
Other trip May 19, 2013
Brad
"Great location!"
Very attractive hotel, modern and very clean from the lobby to rooms, etc. My only surprise came when I discovered there is absolutely no parking apart from the $19.00 per night valet. They said something about self parking but there was no access but rather the valet. You need to figure that into the cost of the hotel, of course. Otherwise, I had very loud neighbors and staff was finally able to quiet them down.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Reserved a room for this hotel based upon previous reviews. They were right as this is a fabulous, clean, friendly hotel with all the amenities you could ask for. The free shuttle was great transporting us to the nearby shopping areas. We are planning on making this an annual event and will stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2013
"Great stay for a great price."
Free breakfast buffet was awesome. Staff were great, rooms clean. Convenient location. And parking was free on weekend.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
"Clean, great gym inside"
Very big room, clean, huge gym inside. Not close to any restaurants/bars but 5 min walk from BART
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
Jules
"A lovely place to get away and relax!"
We wanted a place near by where we could get away and just relax. We found it here! The valets and navigators were especially lovely and well schooled in making a person feel valued and pampered. My only negative was that for a room with 2 queen sized beds, 2 chairs and 2 apples in the room would have been appreciated.
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
Faye
"great for the health conscious"
great experience and I would come back again in a minute
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"Nice place to be there."
Everything except parking policy is fine. Only Valet Parking is inconvenient for short trip to near hotel. Other than that it was fine.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"A sports club with a hotel attached"
Very nice room, clean and comfortable. The best feature of the facility is the sports/health club with access included in the price of the room. Desk staff is a bit lacking on weekends if comparing it to a traditional hotel, but we got by. Parking was free if you park on the club sport side and walk upstairs. We didn't have wireless all weekend on our iPad or iPhone and could not find any one who really seemed to care and we were coming and going so didn't push it. We'd go back if the price was a good deal.
2 night trip Nov 9, 2012