All hotels in Yorktown, Virginia, United States of America
8829 George Washington HwyYorktownVA23692United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Bad pool
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
"Marginal At Best"
Kind of Pricey for the bare essentials. Better than a Pup Tent. Small threadbare towels. Hard beds. Never turned on the TV. Glad it was only one night. Didn't bother using shower. Though advertised, there was no "free Breakfast". Overall, this definitely falls into the "Bummer" Category.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Bruce
"Staff was ver nice and friendly"
Went to the lobby to see if they had a computer which they did not but the owner brough his personal computer out for me to use. That in my book is great customer service.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
dan
"If I did not need a room for that night"
Worst hotel room I ever stayed in. Got there toward evening without any alternatives. Room smelled molder. Alternative room smelled worst. Beds were like a rock and my wives back was sore for a week after the one day stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
KC
"Disappointing"
Stained and very thin towels and wash cloths, no shampoo or any amenities like that. Went to office for Continental breakfast: no coffee left, no tea. A bottle of juice in a little frig. and tasteless, prepackaged "Danish"-type pastries. We won't be back.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
May
"OK hotel"
I had booked a king sized non smoking and even though my room was 'guaranteed' I ended up with a double smoking. The beds were not a big deal but as a non smoker I did not enjoy having a smoking room. However, my blow dryer died on me the second day and the manager gave me her personal one to use as the hotel did not have any extra. Staff was very nice, but as far as the room you get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Needs cleaned"
Our family booked this room as we did not quite make it to our final destination. It was a very last minute late reservation made around 2am and was one of the only hotels that were available. The room was GROSS. The beds,sheets, and blankets were all stained and had cigarette burns all over them. The bathroom floor was sticky and room smelled musty like it had not been cleaned. We slept on top of the blankets on our clothes because it was so disgusting, and got out first thing in the morning. It was better than sleeping in our car, but i would not choose to book a room at this place.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
Horrid. Absolutely filthy. Horrible staff. Broken light fixtures. Dirty Q-tips on the floor.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Disgusted
I would not even give this hotel a 1 star!!! The rooms were dirty, they used comforters with cigarette burn holes on the beds, put dirty mattress covers on the beds and the black stuff on the cover flaked off onto the bed & it looked like mice feces. The bath tubs were dirty, one of them had cracked in the back of the tub and the repair job was cracking, the towels had black stuff on them and one of the sheets had what looked like a blood stain on it. The manager had a nasty attitude to his customers.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
"Worse stay ever"
Room smelled of stale smoke . Smoke detector covered with plastic bag . Cigarette butts floating in toilet . Yellow stains on towels . Pretty sure housekeeping was asleep on this job. When called to desk to ask for towels , was told housekeeping didn't arrive till 9:00. Am. Owner did not have key to closet ? We were leaving at 8:30. Told him about smoking . Response was "ok". Tried not to turn over in bed for fear I'd stir bed bugs . Yuck
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Just one night"
My stay was okay. Can't really complain based on the price I paid. The room smelled damped. I sprayed everything with clorox 4 in 1 disinfecting spray left the door opened for about two hours. After that the damped smell subsided. It was an okay room. Breakfast was a joke. Coffee, honey buns and cookies. The location was great for the event i was attending the next morning. I wouldn't stay more then just one.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Yorktown Motor Lodge"
The room was fine and exactly what you would think for the price. Itwould be great for a night. Several negatives. The pool was green. The continental breakfast was less than exciting. Coffe, cold and individual muffins. You had to pay for ice. Positives: room was large and clean. The staff was nice. If staying for more than a couple days I would advise going elsewhere but for a night it was fine.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Dan G.
"Close to Yorktown but a terrible place to stay."
First thing when we checked in the pool was broken. Then once we finally got our room key we were given the wrong room. My youngest son had to sleep on the floor. Toilet didn't flush properly, tub wouldn't drain. Beds and pillows were hard as rocks, coffee pot had stagnant water in the tank. Luckily it was only for one night. We could have stayed in a much nicer hotel a little further away for the same amount. We won't be staying here again, they are in desparate need of a makeover.
"Worst Motel I have ever stayed on."
I booked non smoking room and when I got there she tried to give me smoking room. The room were smelly. The room was very old bathroom wasn't
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Nawa
"Do not stay here"
The room was dirty, had a piece broken off the blind in the bathroom just about the right height for someone look in from outside. Tub took about 1/2 hour to drain. Beds have noisy plastic mattress cover, I assume you can rent by the hour. Went to the manager office to get a bath towel, (had one for 2 guests), was told "No laundry is closed" . Towels that were there felt like they had been through a zillion washings. This place was cheap, but not worth it.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
I'm very upset, here I'm hearing impaired. Tv did not have close caption, the remote didn't go with Tv. Call front service, got attitude....
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Runtergekommen"
Dreckige Handtücher und Tagesdecken voller Brandlöcher. Wohl ein Familienbetrieb. Wenig Service, nach Betätigung der Serviceklingel kommt dann der Großvater zur Tür, der kaum Enlisch kann. Auf der Druchreise für eine Nacht hat man das schnell wieder vergessen, aber wirklich emfpehlen kann man das nicht. Nun ist das kein Hotel der Luxusklasse, aber saubere Handtücher kann man doch erwarten.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Yorktown Motor Lodge

"Nasty!! Don't stay here!!"
03/19/16 Marissa A Newport News, Virginia
Please listen to everyone reviewing because this place is just nasty. The first room I was in was in better condition and cleaner but I asked for non smoking and it had definitely been smoked in. The next room they put me in was horrible. That room according to the lady at the front desk hadn't been used in 3 months and you could tell the lights between the beds didn't work because the cord was cut off. The room was very dirty. The refrigerator and microwave were disgusting, with mold all through the fridge. There was dust and paint chips all over the shower and handles inside the shower. The shower curtain had mold and grim all over the inside. The toilet had pee on the seat. I went to the office and asked for it to be cleaned. Again the lady at the desk assured me the would have it cleaned. The cleaning lady basics sprayed a air freshener and wipe the toilet. The next day I came back to find that they had "cleaned" the room again by just throwing the blankets across the beds, spraying an air freshener again, and took all the towels without putting new ones. That was it for me and I checked out that very day.
"Disappointing"
10/12/15 Kathleen J Naugatuck, Connecticut
I was excited to see that it was family owned and newly renovated, I just know when it was done. The room was well lit, but it was not to our advantage. There were several lapses in housekeeping, missing cups for the coffee, the non working remote control for the TV, the left over toothpaste in the bathroom sink along with the last guest soap in the shower. The toilet seat also was in sorry shape and in need of replacement. The shower did work well and we were given extra towels upon request. The sink didn't have anything to stop possessions from falling down the drain. My sister found a few questionable hairs in the bathroom and one on her sheets. Why did we stay your thinking- Lysol spray and necessity. Also there was none of the promised breakfast we wouldn't have eaten it but it's the principle that they offered it.
"Avoid this place!"
08/24/15 Linda B Morgantown, West Virginia
So disappointed in this place. It looked decent in the pictures, and the website led us to believe that it would be a good value. However, that website needs to be updated. There was NO continental breakfast as advertised. When we arrived, late in the afternoon, our room wasn't ready because it hadn't been re-keyed yet. The wi-fi was extremely unreliable--their server had to be re-started and we were there for a few hours before we could log on. The office and the rooms smelled musty and looked dirty. Our room was so overcrowded with odds and ends of furniture (including a curio cabinet!)that we could barely get into the bathroom. We had to ASK for a bathmat! The TV didn't work. The air conditioner barely worked. In fact, it was about 3:00 before the room was even close to a comfortable temperature. When we went to check out in the morning, the office wasn't open yet even though it was past the 7:00 opening time.
"Yorktown Motor Lodge"
07/10/15 NDGM90 Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
My family of six stayed at this motel for 2 nights (July 2 to July 5, 2015). The room we got had three double beds, small fridge, TV, free wifi and bathroom. The beds are so-so but the sheets smelled like someone smoked in the room. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room but the room still smelled like a smoking room. The pillows are not good either but at least did not smell terrible. The fridge was small and did not get cold enough. The TV was working fine. The bathroom is big enough for two average-sized persons. The shower had the two knobs to regulate the temperature so it wasn't kid-friendly. The tub will drain sluggishly when showering. The carpet looks dirty. The people behind the desk when I checked in were nice and courteous. You'll need a quarter to get ice from the ice machine. There's a small pool in the middle of the motel parking lot although we did not get to swim as we are away most of the day. There are not too many restaurants in the area. They had really good free wifi so my kids were at least pre-occupied with their electronic gadgets. There's also a sliding door to access the back of the motel leading to small patch of grass, wasn't sure if you can grill outside your room although I saw a grill outside one of the rooms. Not the worst hotel I've been to but I wouldn't recommend if you can find something else. I booked through Priceline and couldn't find anything else because of the holiday season.
"hotel review"
08/16/14 Beverly T Houston, Texas
when my son checked into his room his comforter had cigarette burns in it and the mattress cover had blacked stuff on it and flaked off onto the sheets and it looked like mice feces. went to the office and the indian manager did not even make an effort to correct situation, when we checked into our room had cigarette burns in the comforter, my parents had a big blood stain on their sheet, black stuff on the towels, no tp holder, bath tub was cracked and repaired and it had cracked again, had to go to walmart to buy flip flops to use for showers bcause the tub was dirty!! had talked to a female employee in the afternoon confirming reservations and when I mentioned this to the manager was told no female employee's worked there, then next morning noticed a female housekeeper and she confirmed that the female person I spoke with does work there!! definitely will not stay there again even it was free!!!! did not check out breakfast, went to ihop down the street!
"doesnt even deserve terribble....."
08/01/14 David S Midlothian, Virginia
Upon check in the rooms were not cleaned even though I touched base with them hours ahead of arrival. Room was next to loud street with loud cars and cycle going bye every other minute. All of the sheets had cigarette burns in them, the toliet backed up every single time we went to flush, breakfest were packed oatmeal cakes and honey buns with a gallon of milk and juice in a room sized fridge next to the service station. They had stale corn flakes as the only cereal there,, and a single size at home coffee pot on the opposite side of the room. The towels were crusty and old, and the back door lead to woods, the bathroom fan was moldy and rusty and the shower backed up easily. The landscaping was cool looking but the pool was not. You could try to look at the bottom of the pool but you couldnt see the bottom. U cant see the bottom stair leading into the pool as I tripped and stubbed my toe twice each time getting in and out of the pool. The maid and manager argued in the parking lot infront of everyone yelling and screaming. I was itchy when sitting/laying on bed, I didnt trust them so I layed on top of the sheets and covers not even questoning in I should sleep under them. They could easily have bed bugs in them and lice on the pillows. I woke up one morning with mysterious 2 bites on my stomach, and I dont remember them being there before I went to bed. There was no smoke detector... well there was but in the clothing drawer. The only good thing about this place is that the A/C worked great in my room. I will NEVER stay here again until they make serious changes. My family even called the Health department it was so bad.
"is there a rating lower terrible. this place deserves it"
07/26/14 holly l Yorktown, Virginia
Sadly I had family stay here when they came to visit due to good rate. On the first evening they called to inform me they change rooms as the first one smelled musty. The next morning (saturday) they called and asked us to find them another place to stay. When we went there to meet them upon first entering the room I gagged on musty smell. Sheets and pillow cases were stained. Pulled back the matresses to find the boxspring covered in grimy filth. Mattress covers had cigerette burns in them. Carpet was stained and dirty. Bathroom had mold growing in the grout between the tiles. No towel bars or bar to hold tp. floor was dirty. Refrigarator was dirty. I spent less than 20 mins in the room and wanted to go home and take a shower. Pools water was green. The indian gentleman at the front desk was rude. When asked to speak to the manager, was told he wasnt there and would not be there til monday. I am tempted to seend the pictures I took to the health department, the bbb, and post on social media. DO NOT STAY HERE. You will find a cleaner room in a crackhouse
"Surprised the Health Dept. lets them stay in business"
07/22/14 Steve B Brookfield, Connecticut
Do not be mislead by the photos. Upon check In the rooms where not cleaned even though I touched base several hours ahead of time. The room, etc: Profound mold and mustiness. Sheets did not fit the bed. Sheets were stained. Bed cover was something from another decade Towels and wash rags: old, worn and discolored Shower Floor was blacked and worn. Towel rack was broken No holder for the toilet paper Rusty grate in the bathroom TV is an old tube style, remote did not work Microwave not plugged in.... because it does not work. A total of 4 rooms were reserved as this was a family get together, all rooms had like problems. Continental breakfast (area did not open until 7:30 AM = Packaged cookies and cakes, Corm flakes with the milk available in a gallon container located in a small refrigerator + O.J. and small yogurt's. Coffee service is one standard size home coffee pot. Pool area looked nice with new shrubs and plants. The pool it self was "usable" at best: Cloudy with a kind of slummy feel to the walls. If you are a construction worker, linesmen, etc. this appears to be the place for you. If you are traveling on business or with a family stop earlier or keep going.
"The worse hotel I ever stayed at."
07/07/14 richard72562 Richmond Va
I reserved 2 rooms doe 4th of July . I received my room keys and the room wasn't clean. Was told I could use the pool and it was green and had trash floating in the water. Would not recommend this hotel stay to anyone.
"Ive seen better hotel rooms in iraq."
07/07/14 Wil420 Hopewell, Virginia
First of all this hotel is probably the worst ive ever stayed in. As soon as you open the door the mold smell kicks you in the face. 2 towels for four people. The walls looked like a crime scene. The light had a short and didnt work along with the fridge. I told the lady at the front desk and she acted like she didn't care. The pool didnt work and was cloudy. This place should be condemned.