All hotels in Yorktown, Virginia, United States of America
8829 George Washington Hwy, Yorktown, VA, 23692, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.1
    2.3
    2.2
    1.7
"OK hotel"
I had booked a king sized non smoking and even though my room was 'guaranteed' I ended up with a double smoking. The beds were not a big deal but as a non smoker I did not enjoy having a smoking room. However, my blow dryer died on me the second day and the manager gave me her personal one to use as the hotel did not have any extra. Staff was very nice, but as far as the room you get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Needs cleaned"
Our family booked this room as we did not quite make it to our final destination. It was a very last minute late reservation made around 2am and was one of the only hotels that were available. The room was GROSS. The beds,sheets, and blankets were all stained and had cigarette burns all over them. The bathroom floor was sticky and room smelled musty like it had not been cleaned. We slept on top of the blankets on our clothes because it was so disgusting, and got out first thing in the morning. It was better than sleeping in our car, but i would not choose to book a room at this place.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
Horrid. Absolutely filthy. Horrible staff. Broken light fixtures. Dirty Q-tips on the floor.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Disgusted
"Worse stay ever"
Room smelled of stale smoke . Smoke detector covered with plastic bag . Cigarette butts floating in toilet . Yellow stains on towels . Pretty sure housekeeping was asleep on this job. When called to desk to ask for towels , was told housekeeping didn't arrive till 9:00. Am. Owner did not have key to closet ? We were leaving at 8:30. Told him about smoking . Response was "ok". Tried not to turn over in bed for fear I'd stir bed bugs . Yuck
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Just one night"
My stay was okay. Can't really complain based on the price I paid. The room smelled damped. I sprayed everything with clorox 4 in 1 disinfecting spray left the door opened for about two hours. After that the damped smell subsided. It was an okay room. Breakfast was a joke. Coffee, honey buns and cookies. The location was great for the event i was attending the next morning. I wouldn't stay more then just one.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Yorktown Motor Lodge"
The room was fine and exactly what you would think for the price. Itwould be great for a night. Several negatives. The pool was green. The continental breakfast was less than exciting. Coffe, cold and individual muffins. You had to pay for ice. Positives: room was large and clean. The staff was nice. If staying for more than a couple days I would advise going elsewhere but for a night it was fine.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Dan G.
"Close to Yorktown but a terrible place to stay."
First thing when we checked in the pool was broken. Then once we finally got our room key we were given the wrong room. My youngest son had to sleep on the floor. Toilet didn't flush properly, tub wouldn't drain. Beds and pillows were hard as rocks, coffee pot had stagnant water in the tank. Luckily it was only for one night. We could have stayed in a much nicer hotel a little further away for the same amount. We won't be staying here again, they are in desparate need of a makeover.
"Worst Motel I have ever stayed on."
I booked non smoking room and when I got there she tried to give me smoking room. The room were smelly. The room was very old bathroom wasn't
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Nawa
I'm very upset, here I'm hearing impaired. Tv did not have close caption, the remote didn't go with Tv. Call front service, got attitude....
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2014
"No Next Time Here!"
Booked here because it advertised newly remodeled rooms which was not the case. First room they put us in was NASTY..the floor was filthy, the older television did not work and the commode was broke. Second room was a little better but not much. We did not expect the quality of a Marriott but we did expect something clean and decent which was not the case. I would not recommend this place to anyone!! Someone should really do something about them saying on their website the rooms are newly remodeled because both rooms we were in had not been repainted in years much less any other thing remodeled!!
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2013
"Bad Hotel"
no HBO like they claimfloors. were not cleaned.TV remote was broke and finally got another.Just a bad stay very uncomfortable and never stay there again.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Denver
"Barely acceptable"
Arrived and our reservation was not correct. Booked King size bed w/smoking. Got 2 Queen smoking. Had to settle for King non smoking. One of the lights electrical cord was broken, no plug. TV didn't work properly. several fixtures in bathroom were broken. Continental breakfast was non existent. Thank god we only stayed two days!
Trip with friends Apr 9, 2013
Bob King
"it is what it is"
everything was fine. no problems, room was exactly as described.... was it the hilton..?no...but if you're looking for a place to stay for a good price, ain't nothing wrong with the lodge
1 night trip Feb 22, 2013
jmoney
"Christmas at the Yorktown Motor Inn"
Very convienient to our relatives in Yorktown. Price was very affordable and the room was clean and comfortable. The king size bed was just right for the two of us. Our room was small but suited our needs. The housekeeping staff was friendly and did a good job of maintaining our room We will stay there again in the future. Thank You to the staff: Ron
5 night trip Dec 21, 2012
Ron & Eileen
"Smokey room."
We requested a nonsmoking room was got a smoking room. When asking the attended he said then were no nonsmoking rooms left. I asked him what if I had a medical problem with smoke. He seems to not care. We were very disappointed in our stay.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"Awful"
Booked for 3 nights. Checked in, went to our room, looked at the bed (stained) the bathroom was awful (I would not bathe my DOG in that tub, old, run down, just awful, immediately booked a room at nearby Microtel (cheaper and clean)! Dropped my keys at the front desk and left!
3 night trip Nov 1, 2012
Richard C
Older but well maintained property. Especially convenient to Yorktown and Williamsburg at a rate not reflective of the "tourist traps" Constantly being improved/redone.
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
DLW
"a place to sleep....period!"
POSITIVES: good water pressure, beds were fairly comfortable, a/c worked really well. NEGATIVES: Telephone did not work I had to use my cell phone to call front desk, TV remote did not work, It only went up on the channels, could not change channels by hitting the numbers, there was virtually no internet as promised, We got as far as google after about 5 minutes then could not get to any requested websites. The room smelled really bad from the minute we walked in. I went to the front desk to let them know and the girl who works there could not reach anyone to tell her what to do. She finally got some kind of spray and came and sprayed all the carpet. she said it had recently been cleaned. It smelled like mildew. the spray helped till we left the room, When we returned it stunk again. We got some febreeze to tolerate it while we were there. The only other room available was a smoking room, and we could not take those rooms. all in all, we were very unhappy with this hotel. I seriously need to be undated. It reminded us of a hotel room to be rented by the hour.
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
extremely unhappy
"worst stay"
this place was terrible,the evening sign in lady and the pool was nice, but first of all the non-smoking rooms are inconvieniently especially when handicapped since there are several steps.The room was dirty, the sheets were dirty,the bathroom was dirty in addition two towels for four people.There was no key available for the room that worked so we were told to leave the door open(was told we are a tight community, no one would mess with our room), yeah right I thought so we didn't go away that evening. Breakfast was cereal one type only that's it. I don't recommend this place and don't never want to stay there again.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2012
it is a pig sty...
1 night trip Jul 14, 2012
"don't stay"
it's worst hotel. very dirty and smell. it was nightmare
1 night trip Jul 7, 2012
jessy
"Not the best, not the worst"
My husband and I spent just one day at this place. I knew it was not going to be a four or five star hotel but the location was perfect and the price was reasonable. Also, the day was extremely hot, so we enjoyed its swimming pool. The Lodge would need a good upgrade, but the bed was comfortable and everything in the bathroom worked well (which is very important for me!). However, two things bothered me the most: one was a bad smell in the room (VERY BAD), and the other was that the Lodge advertises breakfast, when in reality they provide just complementary coffee and muffin, or some cereal with milk. I feel that they are not honest with their guests. In summary, the location was great, the room was comfortable but smelly, the swimming pool was a plus, and the advertised breakfast was a joke.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2012
Grace

"Runtergekommen"
Dreckige Handtücher und Tagesdecken voller Brandlöcher. Wohl ein Familienbetrieb. Wenig Service, nach Betätigung der Serviceklingel kommt dann der Großvater zur Tür, der kaum Enlisch kann. Auf der Druchreise für eine Nacht hat man das schnell wieder vergessen, aber wirklich emfpehlen kann man das nicht. Nun ist das kein Hotel der Luxusklasse, aber saubere Handtücher kann man doch erwarten.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
DE
2 night trip Jun 25, 2012
D.

TripAdvisor reviews for Yorktown Motor Lodge

"hotel review"
08/17/14 Beverly T Houston, Texas
when my son checked into his room his comforter had cigarette burns in it and the mattress cover had blacked stuff on it and flaked off onto the sheets and it looked like mice feces. went to the office and the indian manager did not even make an effort to correct situation, when we checked into our room had cigarette burns in the comforter, my parents had a big blood stain on their sheet, black stuff on the towels, no tp holder, bath tub was cracked and repaired and it had cracked again, had to go to walmart to buy flip flops to use for showers bcause the tub was dirty!! had talked to a female employee in the afternoon confirming reservations and when I mentioned this to the manager was told no female employee's worked there, then next morning noticed a female housekeeper and she confirmed that the female person I spoke with does work there!! definitely will not stay there again even it was free!!!! did not check out breakfast, went to ihop down the street!
"doesnt even deserve terribble....."
08/01/14 David S Midlothian, Virginia
Upon check in the rooms were not cleaned even though I touched base with them hours ahead of arrival. Room was next to loud street with loud cars and cycle going bye every other minute. All of the sheets had cigarette burns in them, the toliet backed up every single time we went to flush, breakfest were packed oatmeal cakes and honey buns with a gallon of milk and juice in a room sized fridge next to the service station. They had stale corn flakes as the only cereal there,, and a single size at home coffee pot on the opposite side of the room. The towels were crusty and old, and the back door lead to woods, the bathroom fan was moldy and rusty and the shower backed up easily. The landscaping was cool looking but the pool was not. You could try to look at the bottom of the pool but you couldnt see the bottom. U cant see the bottom stair leading into the pool as I tripped and stubbed my toe twice each time getting in and out of the pool. The maid and manager argued in the parking lot infront of everyone yelling and screaming. I was itchy when sitting/laying on bed, I didnt trust them so I layed on top of the sheets and covers not even questoning in I should sleep under them. They could easily have bed bugs in them and lice on the pillows. I woke up one morning with mysterious 2 bites on my stomach, and I dont remember them being there before I went to bed. There was no smoke detector... well there was but in the clothing drawer. The only good thing about this place is that the A/C worked great in my room. I will NEVER stay here again until they make serious changes. My family even called the Health department it was so bad.
"is there a rating lower terrible. this place deserves it"
07/26/14 holly l Yorktown, Virginia
Sadly I had family stay here when they came to visit due to good rate. On the first evening they called to inform me they change rooms as the first one smelled musty. The next morning (saturday) they called and asked us to find them another place to stay. When we went there to meet them upon first entering the room I gagged on musty smell. Sheets and pillow cases were stained. Pulled back the matresses to find the boxspring covered in grimy filth. Mattress covers had cigerette burns in them. Carpet was stained and dirty. Bathroom had mold growing in the grout between the tiles. No towel bars or bar to hold tp. floor was dirty. Refrigarator was dirty. I spent less than 20 mins in the room and wanted to go home and take a shower. Pools water was green. The indian gentleman at the front desk was rude. When asked to speak to the manager, was told he wasnt there and would not be there til monday. I am tempted to seend the pictures I took to the health department, the bbb, and post on social media. DO NOT STAY HERE. You will find a cleaner room in a crackhouse
"Surprised the Health Dept. lets them stay in business"
07/22/14 Steve B Brookfield, Connecticut
Do not be mislead by the photos. Upon check In the rooms where not cleaned even though I touched base several hours ahead of time. The room, etc: Profound mold and mustiness. Sheets did not fit the bed. Sheets were stained. Bed cover was something from another decade Towels and wash rags: old, worn and discolored Shower Floor was blacked and worn. Towel rack was broken No holder for the toilet paper Rusty grate in the bathroom TV is an old tube style, remote did not work Microwave not plugged in.... because it does not work. A total of 4 rooms were reserved as this was a family get together, all rooms had like problems. Continental breakfast (area did not open until 7:30 AM = Packaged cookies and cakes, Corm flakes with the milk available in a gallon container located in a small refrigerator + O.J. and small yogurt's. Coffee service is one standard size home coffee pot. Pool area looked nice with new shrubs and plants. The pool it self was "usable" at best: Cloudy with a kind of slummy feel to the walls. If you are a construction worker, linesmen, etc. this appears to be the place for you. If you are traveling on business or with a family stop earlier or keep going.
"The worse hotel I ever stayed at."
07/07/14 richard72562 Richmond Va
I reserved 2 rooms doe 4th of July . I received my room keys and the room wasn't clean. Was told I could use the pool and it was green and had trash floating in the water. Would not recommend this hotel stay to anyone.
"Ive seen better hotel rooms in iraq."
07/07/14 Wil420 Hopewell, Virginia
First of all this hotel is probably the worst ive ever stayed in. As soon as you open the door the mold smell kicks you in the face. 2 towels for four people. The walls looked like a crime scene. The light had a short and didnt work along with the fridge. I told the lady at the front desk and she acted like she didn't care. The pool didnt work and was cloudy. This place should be condemned.
"Horrible awful stay"
07/04/14 Mary C
We booked a room for fourth of July night. The room we requested was for two doubles and a sleeper. The room we got was just two doubles. My youngest son had to sleep on the floor, luckily we had an emergency quilt in the trunk cause the carpet was stained. Beds are hard as a rock, tub won't drain. The pool was broken so we didn't get to use that. Sad part is that we could have stayed a little further down the road for the same amount of money but we chose this motel due to the proximity to Yorktown independence day celebration. Definitely won't stay here ever again. It was horrible.
"Absurd for $100"
06/28/14 FearTheTurtle1966 Cary, North Carolina
There was a lot going on in Hampton so decided to stay a little further out. Big mistake staying here. The room tried to match some décor but other than that not good. Key did not work on first try...back to office. TV was color even if from 1980s. Room had kind of been cleaned - at least linens were ok. Bathroom door did not close - by like 4 inches. No bars for towels or toilet paper roll hold - stuff just placed on toilet seat. Was not expecting the Ritz but figured better than motel 6 for the price. Should have stayed at motel 6. Stay away.
"Nothing fancy, just a room for the night"
10/31/13 DCHinckley
In Yorktown on business, and needed a hotel close to a particular location. My regular hotel was full, and this was the closest alternative. Don't expect much, so you won't be disappointed. This isn't my first choice in a Yorktown hotel, but I would stay here again under similar circumstances.
"Awful!"
10/22/13 Diane W Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
We booked two nights in this place last year. We only stayed one night because of the condition of the room. The smell was awful, the room felt damp, and it was filthy. Also, they advertised free wifi, but we couldn't connect. My husband went to the desk to ask about it, and was simply told, "it's not working". When we told them we couldn't stay for the second night due to the horrible conditions, we were not offered a refund nor an apology. I would not recommend this awful place to anyone.