All hotels in Pender Island, British Columbia, Canada
9801 Spalding Rd, Pender Island, BC, V0N2M3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"beautiful location but..."
service was mediocre or less at the hotel front desk staff. seems like we were annoying them. not helpful really at all at check in and not helpful or not willing to help with local knowledge about hiking- things to do. no one at the desk when we checked in and the manager who walked by was not friendly or helpful. rooms are very nice best part of being there. beautiful location. Actually if I owned the place the manager we meet would have been trained better. Would hesitate to stay there again but not hesitate to go back to the island. front desk staff did not seem interested at all. we were in no way antagonistic to them. food was very very average Would not eat there again but the service was very good in the bar
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Beautiful setting, unprofessionally trained staff"
Resort is lovely. Unfortunately there has been a recent change in ownership/management and the staff are not well- trained. They are very young and unprofessional. We saw the same staff all weekend working LONG hours. In my opinion the resort was not ready to be opened up yet until they worked out the kinks. My friend held her small wedding at the resort and there was lack of communication beforehand.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Spectacular"
What a treat. Amazing view. Wish I had a chance to use the spa.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Tracey
"Nice views from every room"
Staff very friendly, restaurant food good, but slow kitchens. Lovely place for relaxation and quiet vacation
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Staff extremely accomodating"
Beautiful location, impeccable service. Very friendly staff , very clean. We will definitely return. Our reservation was mixed-up and the reception staff went out of their way to accomodate our situation. We stayed at a villa, and there the internet reception at times was not the best, also the TV's in the rooms are outdated (old style cathode ray tubes) but who cares? we did not go to Poet's cove to watch tv! The surrounding area is gorgeous.
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2012

"Beautiful"
Beautiful location, villas were very large (could have easily slept 8 people). The beds were very comfortable & the kids loved the pool.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
neil
"No duvet cover."
We found everything to be great quality, but the fact they don't use duvet covers was gross. Our duvet was all stained. When asked for a cover they advised they don't use them.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Wonderful spot on Pender Island"
A weekend getaway with the family. A delightful, safe and fun spot to spend time with the grandchildren. And...in the most amazing setting ever!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Maggie
"It was a great place to stay."
We stayed two nights and enjoyed the experience very much. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is beautiful and the cove is lovely. Carolyn in the Spa was really nice.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Jo
"Beautiful views"
Mother/daughter get away. Lovely Spa facility and great treatments from both Beth and Caroline.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Son's Wedding"
Absolutely fantastic, everything was perfect. Staff were courteous and efficient, rooms were lovely with a beautiful view. Cottages were nice and the villas were huge and very nice with a view too.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
L
"Perfect Short Break Escape!"
This is our second visit to Poets Cove and we cannot say enough good things about the resort and all the staff. We visited in early September which offered the perfect quiet escape for us from the BC mainland.
4 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"Perfect honeymoon spot"
Poets cove was absolutely amazing! As newly weds the rest was much needed. We were able to sleep in undisturbed, go kayaking, get couples massages and enjoy their lovely spa with very professional staff. We then dined at the restaurant on site. Slightly expensive, and basic pub food. The fine dining has few options and mostly seafood which my husband does not eat. So we spent a couple nights eating pub food. Would be great to have more healthy options. Other than that the room was comfortable and the service was fine. The bartender at the pub was really sweet and friendly. She chatted with us and made and effort to say bye to us before we left. There were 2 weddings taking place that weekend and yet it was still quiet and romantic. The sunsets were gorgeous and the views from the hot tub and pool were fantastic! Every room has a view of the water and the grounds are well kept. We are quite satisfied with our stay, as we only stay in 4-5 star hotels. Would definitely go back for an anniversary!
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2013
Chereslav
"Any Kimpton Hotel is superior"
slimy mould in the grout of the shower. phone did not work. no air conditioning. receptionist not welcoming. To upgrade to an available villa, they would have charged me the full rate for a lodge room and also the full rate for a villa.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Needs improvement"
Very slow service in the lower level restaurant. Inexperienced waiters. Selection of beer very limited. Room temperature was high and unable to reduce it. A fan was given to us which didn't help much. The upper restaurant was good with great service I suggest you remedy the above items as we were not the only ones concerned. Needs improvement in order to justify the high cost
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Good food in the restaurant but a little pricey. Excellent views over the harbour from all the rooms, great place to watch the sunset. Music in the corridors got a bit irritating.
3 night romance trip Jun 20, 2013
Jean
"a great spot"
My spouse and I spent a night at poet's cove to check out pender island. The hotel was gorgeous, the service was great, and the stay was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2013
"Beautiful &Relaxing"
We absolutely fell in love with Poets Cove. It is a perfect getaway from the hustle & bustle of everyday life. Good food, great views and very relaxing
1 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2013
"The Name Says It All!"
Poets Cove is an elegant and relaxing retreat and a perfect compliment to the beautiful and natural grandeur of British Columbia! Absolutely fantastic - only complaint would be the lack of late night room service; the meal we ordered at 9:30pm was less than fantastic. I believe the kitchen was in the midst of shutting down for the night when we ordered.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
Buck

"Einfach perfekt - muss man gewesen sein"
Diese Hotelanlage ist schwer zu übertreffen. Wirklich zu empfehlen. Wir waren dort 2 Nächte zu Viert. Wer wirklich mal entspannen möchte und Kraft schöpfen will sollte hier verweilen. Preis/Leistung ist OK.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2013
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Poets Cove Resort & Spa

"Poets cove is falling into a ditch"
07/31/15 Lindsee H Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
It's sad to see that poets cove is falling apart. It is on such a beautiful part of the island with an amazing view. Parts of the resort are falling apart, syrens staff needs to learn to smile more, some of the servers know what they are doing, but some of them need to pick up an attitude class or two. The food is overpriced and nothing special. I ordered a flatbread and when given to me, it looked like the crust was eaten off, when I asked our server she said they cut it off because it was burnt. The whole kitchen staff looks miserable. Everyone who works there looks unhappy. I have heard all around in town on Pender that no one suggests going to poets, they all have not good things to say about it. The upper management needs to treat there staff better. The new manager neno, needs to find a new career path. He doesn't know how to run a resort or treat his staff nicely. I understand you are trying to make money, but treating your staff kindly is super important. I stayed here with two of my girlfriends and we will not be returning. Get new management and maybe we will consider.
"Disappointing restaurant"
07/31/15 bgv1997 Okotoks, Canada
We went for lunch at Poets cove restaurant and were disappointed. The server asked if we wanted something to drink,we hadn't even been given menus yet. When he gave us the menus he stood there and kept talking about the wine while I was trying to decide...he kept on so I ordered the wine. I felt very rushed and then saw the local wine which I had ordered was $ 11 for a small 5 oz glass! Wished I had said just go away and I'll decide on my own drink. Then the food came. Which would have been better if we had cutlery or a napkin. We had to ask for both. The coconut shrimp was good but the salmon wrap said it had cream cheese and it definitely was not cream cheese. It had to have been goats cheese. All very overpriced. On a good note they had wasp traps which worked very well. I would give this place a miss.
"Pub food disappointing after very long wait."
07/28/15 trippyditz Pender Island, Canada
Slow Service Ordinary Food Cranky Tourists Abound If you want a meal on Pender and you have transportation options try anywhere else. Anywhere. If you're stuck here because you are staying at the resort, that's too bad. If you are on North Pender and considering visiting poets, please don't do it for the food. Bland. Sysco much? There are some interesting ideas on the menu but little carry through. Ambivalent service.
"Falling down on service"
07/26/15 Paul M Seattle, Washington
Poets Cove has been one of our favorite stopping points for our boat in the Gulf Islands for many years. We have been there every year for probably the last seven. I understand new ownership took over the resort this year and the service has sunk from a favorite to not sure we are coming back. Typically when making your slip reservation at the resort they send you a confirmation. This did not happen, as I later found out the had the wrong email address. Even after correcting the address, they did not send me an email. So I don't know if it is correct or not. When we come in usually there are helpful deck hands to assist in the landing, not a big deal, but for the price it is expected. Once tied up I went into the office to pay, staff seemed nice but the phone was ringing and no one seemed to be in any hurry to answer it, I appreciated the attention, but there was staff available to answer the phone. I asked at the time if I could buy some ice, only block available during both days. The resort has boasted wonderful food and delivered in the past, we had a great lunch and wandered up for dinner a little after 8:00pm only to find the kitchen closed, both at the Cafe and the fine dining establishment. In fact the fine dining was completely closed, and looked like it had been for a long time... looks like a place on the decline. If the cafe is going to close so early, the people at check-in should inform boaters as it is the only place to eat at the resort. I went up to the main desk to complain as a long time customer of th resort. The person was nice enough, but he informed us that they have difficulty staffing the resort. I suggested that they had done well for 7 years before, I asked what had occurred had ownership changed?They informed me a Mr. Zang had taken over ownership. Well management is poor at every level, training, service and the overall experience. The cafe staff for lunch was good. Sorry to see a place we loved so much fall down, hope you turn things around.
"Excellent Once Again"
07/26/15 Smithsandbrowns Whitehorse, Canada
We arrived at the marina a week ago and as always had a great experience. It's tough to read all the negative reviews for this wonderfully special place. Yes the resort was sold, and the new management is working hard to bring the resort back to 100% Change does take time and I have every confidence that wrinkles will eventually smooth out We found the marina staff to be very accommodating on a super busy Sunday morning. We had dinner at the pub and it was great. Service there was also very good This is our favourite place in all the islands. There is just no other place like it and we really want to give our support to make sure it remains for all of us to enjoy
"So much potential"
07/22/15 Ron K
We boated in. We found the marina staff to be ill trained and not particularly helpful. I understand the resort has difficulty finding staff. But, the marina staff are the boaters' first impression of the resort. We found Syrens Pub to be good food and spotty service. Service was largely dependent on who we got. We found Justin and Jaquelina to be outstanding. The other server should find another line of work. Prices were a bit steep for adult beverages. The resort was sold a year ago. The new owners appear to be extracting every looney they can without providing an experience that will keep guests coming back.
"Beautiful resort, misleading pricing."
07/21/15 Starscream30 Langley City, Canada
The location and facilities are beautiful. Probably the nicest spot to stay on Pender Island. The resort restaurant service was friendly but a bit behind. Our real issue was the misleading pricing on the Poets Cove website for the activity rentals. We rented a canoe through the resort assuming the cost would be the price posted online: $20 for the first hour and $10 per additional hour. We used the canoe for roughly an hour. At check out we were surprised to see that we had been charged $54 for use of the canoe! The hotel clerks explanation was that a new company handled the paddling rentals and the new price was $54 for the rental. False representation! And unreasonable price increase. However the website still posts the old rental rates so do not trust the online pricing! We did email the resort asking to amend this issue, but we did not receive a reply.
"Tranquility"
07/21/15 giddles Lethbridge Alberta
We stayed at Poets Cove recently for two nights attending a family wedding. Our passage across to Pender Island was arranged privately through family members from Van Isle Marina in Sidney to Poets Cove. There is also a scheduled public ferry service from Sidney to another location on Pender Island. This is a very quiet location with a number of cabin rentals above the marina at Poets Cove. The spacious cabins are primarily two bedroom two bathroom units and some have views of the marina area. Cabins are modern, clean and we had a king bed while the other couple we shared the cabin with had two double beds in their bedroom. The cabin also has a full kitchen, dining and sitting area with a large TV. The restaurant/bar is in a separate building below the cabins. There is also a separate small building housing a Starbucks coffee shop with offsales for a small selection of liquor, water and juice. Meals at the restaurant were good although service at times was slow. Overall we had a good stay in a nice location and we would definitely recommend it.
"Resort is going down hill..."
07/20/15 Keith M Sumner, Washington
The word is spreading fast, and I wished we had listened. I've been coming to Poet's Cove (Bedwell Harbor) for 30 years. I don't think they've put a single dime into the marina...besides spigot meters. The docks are horrible. We didn't have any issues with the pool/bathrooms. The restaurant was fine, but slow (as always). There was a "low energy" vibe that I've never felt there before. The staff don't seem happy, and I've heard many say that the new ownership group is going to ruin the place. It's sad...we'll probably skip Poet's next trip.
"Wonderful Experience"
07/15/15 Gwen A Victoria, Canada
We had booked a 24 hour stay as an event at Poets Cove Resort & Spa. I have to say it was a wonderful pleasure from the moment i started organizing the event all the way through to the end of the visit. Our guests all enjoyed themselves very much. The food for our event was delicious. Hats off to the chef. The resort and staff accommodated all the requests we had. They were all very professional, organized and a true pleasure to work with. A very big thank you to them all!! A bit of an extra thank you to Cayle for all the extras!! Gwen