All hotels in Pender Island, British Columbia, Canada
9801 Spalding Rd, Pender Island, BC, V0N2M3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"beautiful location but..."
service was mediocre or less at the hotel front desk staff. seems like we were annoying them. not helpful really at all at check in and not helpful or not willing to help with local knowledge about hiking- things to do. no one at the desk when we checked in and the manager who walked by was not friendly or helpful. rooms are very nice best part of being there. beautiful location. Actually if I owned the place the manager we meet would have been trained better. Would hesitate to stay there again but not hesitate to go back to the island. front desk staff did not seem interested at all. we were in no way antagonistic to them. food was very very average Would not eat there again but the service was very good in the bar
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Beautiful setting, unprofessionally trained staff"
Resort is lovely. Unfortunately there has been a recent change in ownership/management and the staff are not well- trained. They are very young and unprofessional. We saw the same staff all weekend working LONG hours. In my opinion the resort was not ready to be opened up yet until they worked out the kinks. My friend held her small wedding at the resort and there was lack of communication beforehand.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Spectacular"
What a treat. Amazing view. Wish I had a chance to use the spa.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Tracey
"Nice views from every room"
Staff very friendly, restaurant food good, but slow kitchens. Lovely place for relaxation and quiet vacation
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Staff extremely accomodating"
Beautiful location, impeccable service. Very friendly staff , very clean. We will definitely return. Our reservation was mixed-up and the reception staff went out of their way to accomodate our situation. We stayed at a villa, and there the internet reception at times was not the best, also the TV's in the rooms are outdated (old style cathode ray tubes) but who cares? we did not go to Poet's cove to watch tv! The surrounding area is gorgeous.
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2012
"Great place to relax"
We went there after camping for 3 days on Salt Spring with our two dogs. They ended up upgrading us to a villa which was fantastic. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. We spent the majority of our time at the pool and hot tub enjoying the gorgeous view. The restaurant could step it up a little. For the price we payed, it should have been amaxing but I would say it was pretty average. There isn't much to the island but what a great place to just kick back and relax.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2012
Drew

"Beautiful"
Beautiful location, villas were very large (could have easily slept 8 people). The beds were very comfortable & the kids loved the pool.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
neil
"No duvet cover."
We found everything to be great quality, but the fact they don't use duvet covers was gross. Our duvet was all stained. When asked for a cover they advised they don't use them.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Wonderful spot on Pender Island"
A weekend getaway with the family. A delightful, safe and fun spot to spend time with the grandchildren. And...in the most amazing setting ever!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Maggie
"It was a great place to stay."
We stayed two nights and enjoyed the experience very much. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is beautiful and the cove is lovely. Carolyn in the Spa was really nice.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Jo
"Beautiful views"
Mother/daughter get away. Lovely Spa facility and great treatments from both Beth and Caroline.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Son's Wedding"
Absolutely fantastic, everything was perfect. Staff were courteous and efficient, rooms were lovely with a beautiful view. Cottages were nice and the villas were huge and very nice with a view too.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
L
"Perfect Short Break Escape!"
This is our second visit to Poets Cove and we cannot say enough good things about the resort and all the staff. We visited in early September which offered the perfect quiet escape for us from the BC mainland.
4 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"Perfect honeymoon spot"
Poets cove was absolutely amazing! As newly weds the rest was much needed. We were able to sleep in undisturbed, go kayaking, get couples massages and enjoy their lovely spa with very professional staff. We then dined at the restaurant on site. Slightly expensive, and basic pub food. The fine dining has few options and mostly seafood which my husband does not eat. So we spent a couple nights eating pub food. Would be great to have more healthy options. Other than that the room was comfortable and the service was fine. The bartender at the pub was really sweet and friendly. She chatted with us and made and effort to say bye to us before we left. There were 2 weddings taking place that weekend and yet it was still quiet and romantic. The sunsets were gorgeous and the views from the hot tub and pool were fantastic! Every room has a view of the water and the grounds are well kept. We are quite satisfied with our stay, as we only stay in 4-5 star hotels. Would definitely go back for an anniversary!
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2013
Chereslav
"Any Kimpton Hotel is superior"
slimy mould in the grout of the shower. phone did not work. no air conditioning. receptionist not welcoming. To upgrade to an available villa, they would have charged me the full rate for a lodge room and also the full rate for a villa.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Needs improvement"
Very slow service in the lower level restaurant. Inexperienced waiters. Selection of beer very limited. Room temperature was high and unable to reduce it. A fan was given to us which didn't help much. The upper restaurant was good with great service I suggest you remedy the above items as we were not the only ones concerned. Needs improvement in order to justify the high cost
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Good food in the restaurant but a little pricey. Excellent views over the harbour from all the rooms, great place to watch the sunset. Music in the corridors got a bit irritating.
3 night romance trip Jun 20, 2013
Jean
"a great spot"
My spouse and I spent a night at poet's cove to check out pender island. The hotel was gorgeous, the service was great, and the stay was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2013
"Beautiful &Relaxing"
We absolutely fell in love with Poets Cove. It is a perfect getaway from the hustle & bustle of everyday life. Good food, great views and very relaxing
1 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2013
"The Name Says It All!"
Poets Cove is an elegant and relaxing retreat and a perfect compliment to the beautiful and natural grandeur of British Columbia! Absolutely fantastic - only complaint would be the lack of late night room service; the meal we ordered at 9:30pm was less than fantastic. I believe the kitchen was in the midst of shutting down for the night when we ordered.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
Buck

"Einfach perfekt - muss man gewesen sein"
Diese Hotelanlage ist schwer zu übertreffen. Wirklich zu empfehlen. Wir waren dort 2 Nächte zu Viert. Wer wirklich mal entspannen möchte und Kraft schöpfen will sollte hier verweilen. Preis/Leistung ist OK.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2013
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Poets Cove Resort & Spa

"Beautiful and accommodating wedding venue"
07/06/15 Renee R Ottawa, Canada
Our family gathered from across the country and thoroughly enjoyed a long week end wedding at Poet's cove. Our 3 bedroom villa with 4 washrooms and full kitchen was great for a big family. The setting was magnificent over looking the water and next to a water fall. Cayle and Sebrina were exceptional in their efforts to please us. Many details were attended to with a smile and much professionalism. The wedding went smoothly.
07/05/15 Bruce M Surrey, Canada
The view is great and a nice marina but that's when it ended for us. The desk clerk could not answer the most basic questions and the prices were unreasonably high compared to some high end b&b options. We did stay for a cocktail but the service was slow ( despite only one other family there). Service was so poor we decided not to stay for applies or dinner as originally planned. Also noticed that while it looks pretty in pictures there's lots of peeling paint, poorly maintained woodwork and maintenance deficiencies. Heard they have new owners- hope they can turn it around as the location deserves it.
"Houston...we have a problem !"
07/05/15 MLL1385 Vancouver, Canada
I approached this, my third visit, with trepidation given all the recent poor reviews. Unfortunately, it quickly became clear that a lovely location and reasonably equipped cottage could not make up for an incredibly poorly managed operation. From an incredibly unhelpful reception (no visible help available or offered to haul our bags up from the pier), to a single open restaurant/pub that actually provided decent food if you could get the attention of the one server, and didn't mind waiting half an hour for your order to arrive, things got more and more absurd over our five day stay. Basic ingredients were unavailable in the restaurant (nachos, coffee beans, sour cream, ribs) and the store no longer provides soft ice cream or stays open for the hours the sign indicates. The soda machines were not properly stocked. If you plan to come, bring lots of food as the pub food will kill you if you rely on it entirely. There's no reason to expect the "fine dining" restaurant to open any time soon. The room cleaners didn't arrive until 4 pm and most of the screens were falling out of the window frames. I persuaded the teenage "maintenance" staffer to leave me a roll of tape so I could deal with this myself. Our bedsheets were also not changed, although they were visibly in need of cleaning. The adult pool was populated by water beetles and there were no umbrellas for shade until the last day. The bikes that were always available for local rides are hung up, rusting. The activity desk told us it was "too complicated" to rent bikes ! All of that said, most of the staff was young, cheerful, and pleasant, albeit clueless and untrained. The hotel has changed ownership, and things have visibly deteriorated. Unless things improve dramatically, I just don't see this place surviving which would be a real shame because the location and bones for a great resort are there.
"Room was cancel without notice"
07/03/15 sweetqt604 Vancouver, Canada
We really disappointed with the new management, we made a reservation in Nov 2014 for Aug 2015 with reservation confirmation, some how it was cancel due to a wedding reservation without any notice until I call in to confirm my room #, they said we call in to cancel which we never did. They just want the wedding party and neglect other customers. It is very disappointing with the new management. They never follow up or solve problem but ask us to wait for their reply until now.
"Beautiful set up, under staffed and expensive"
07/02/15 Joanne L Vancouver, Canada
This is a beautiful resort. We stayed in a villa, which was nicely decorated and clean. Amazing views. Service at reception is poor. Staff had to look up our simple questions on the internet and couldn't answer most of them. Restaurant is extremely under staffed. Food is okay and over priced. All in all a lovely resort with great possibilities, but they have to step it up!
"Get Ready For New Ownership"
07/01/15 Colby K Seattle, Washington
All though this resort is beautiful, there are some major flaws: no fireworks on Canada day, filthy bathrooms, unorganized staff but one staff member, lack of money exchange. Last year Canada day far exceeded our expectations, making us eager to come back. However this year there were poor decorations, no fireworks, and poorly organized events. The bathrooms were filthy as if they hadn't been cleaned lately. All the staff members seemed to scramble when something needed to happen and there were to many staff members at a event. Tim, the dock boy, did a excellent job of running the dock and knew more about the resort for being the youngest one there than any one else. This kid should get get a raise. Showers that required a Canadian dollar the resort wouldn't exchange to us from american money. The cash only bar didn't have an ATM to get cash to buy drinks. Although we enjoyed our vacation, we are not sure we'll be back because of these issues.
"Great Place, Great Food, Great People, But...."
06/29/15 Jennifer M Victoria, Canada
I visited Poet's Cove on Sunday June 28th by boat, we stopped at the marina, I briefly talked to a Jarod, a really helpful person. We tied our boat up for a couple of hours without charge. Then we went up to the pool, had a couple of ice creams, Michael in the Cafe was really nice, and we had a great time, until we went back down to the marina, there was this perverted employee, by the looks of it, he was new, I think his name was Carson, he kept checking me out, and staring at my daughter. We were very disappointed with his actions, and felt so uncomfortable, I don't think we will return.
"Boating party of 4 on a dinner out"
06/23/15 john c Athens
While cruising the gulf islands we stopped at Poets Cove for a dinner and drinks. The food and service was OK and the bill was $190 most of it alcohol and taxes. I left a $20 tip which I considered quite generous. After I had paid and while we were preparing to leave our waitress returned to our table to ask in a couple of different ways if there had been a problem with the service. Obviously management had required she do this because of their perception of a stingy tip. What a bummer for being called out as a cheap scape; it ruined the evening. This badgering was just a grasping insult delivered by an establishment having no notion of real customer service.
"Couldn't be happier!!"
06/02/15 cnormann Vancouver, Canada
Where do I begin!? My experience at Poets Cove was beyond incredible. My husband and I hosted over 100 people at Poets Cove on May 30th 2015 for our wedding, and we could not have been happier. From the beginning, the staff were extremely helpful. We visited a year prior to our wedding and the event planner showed us all around the venue, went through the wedding brochure with us, the costs, and any questions we had. Anything that wasn't in the contract that I had questions about, they were very open and flexible to making sure the contract worked for me and my husband. Throughout the year, the staff were fantastic at answering my questions along the way. Keeping in mind that they were helping many other brides and guests, they usually answered my emails or questions within a week; which I thought was great! Once the wedding date grew closer, the staff helped ease my stress and made me feel like I was going to be taken care of. Then the wedding weekend began. The staff was over the top accommodating to us and the rest of the guests. They were happy to help my family set up for the welcome BBQ on the Friday, along with helping take care of the garbage and recycling during. They helped me set up the ballroom where the reception was being held and took me through the wedding day to ensure me everything was going to go smoothly. Everyone was so easy going and kind. The accommodations were wonderful. Very nice rooms, great kitchens, the patios all have breathtaking views. There is a ton of space in each of the Villas and Cabins. You truly can not go wrong. There isn't a honeymoon suite at the resort, so know ahead of time if you are planning your wedding that you are going to get the regular lodge room. But, the lodge rooms have great patios, plenty of space, and a huge tub & shower. I didn't get a chance to explore much around the resort, but I was told by many guests that exploring around the space is endless. The island is so beautiful! There are gorgeous sunsets to see from many different lookout, but better yet right at Poets Cove. If you have your wedding here, you must use Petals and Paws located in the main shopping center. Jan, the owner, did a fabulous job! Lastly, the food for the wedding I am still drooling over! We took a risk, because we didn't try the food prior, but so many reviews said the food was great. They were not wrong! We had so many guests come to us during the wedding to tell us how much they enjoyed the food. We had so many people during weekend asks us where we found Poets Cove. They can't wait to return! I am so grateful I have such an stunning spot to go back to visit and remember the best weekend of my life! Hands down- book your wedding or your next holiday here! You will not regret!
"Uninspired"
05/23/15 budgetroamer49 Vancouver, Canada
My wife and I stayed here recently for a two day getaway. The resort is actually quite lovely,and although it's a bit of a journey getting there it's a beautiful journey. The rooms was nice, clean and modern enough, the grounds fairly well kept and the spa services were ok according to my wife, not everything was open which was disappointing. Not a lot of activities available or promoted. Our biggest complaints were about the food options and overall service at the resort. The food was totally uninspired and lackluster, usually lukewarm, slow and barely adequate, and just about everyone we encountered who works there seemed like they didn't want to be there. Cold and unwelcoming, unfriendly, and often terse, from front desk to servers to housekeepers. A shame that such a nice spot is so far from living up to its potential. Would not return.