All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
Frustrated with how long room service took for dinner and the fact that the menu for the attached restaurant in the room was nothing like the one when you actually sat down in the restaurant to eat.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
Theresa
Noisy with airplanes going over hotel.
2 night trip Mar 18, 2016
"Good hotel but expected more for the price"
Very nice hotel. For the cost there should not have been an empty wine glass outside our door (not ours) or an earring in the bathroom. Minor inconvenience though. Overall good hotel. Should have made it more obvious parking wasn't included.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2016
Anthony
"Nothing special but it is clean"
Horrible elevator system. You have to wait at least 10 mins for the elevator. They need at least two more elevators for the size of the hotel. Also I paid for a corner suite and didn't get one.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Riley
Great place!
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
I was attending the GaymerX Conference that was taking place in the hotel. The staff was nothing but welcoming and pleasant.
4 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
"Typical Marriott"
Nice hotel connected to the convention center. The location is great if you are looking for a place within walking distance of everything. Elevators extremely slow, staff very pleasant, rooms clean and comfortable. Hotel is on a busy street and you have to either pay $35.00 for valet service or $20.00 a night for self park at the convention center which is connected to the hotel. Paying for wifi really irritates me, but if you are a Marriott rewards member you get the wifi fee waived.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
Loralee
"Nice hotel, near the convention center"
Check-in was easy, the staff was helpful and friendly. Except for the alarm clock from the 1980s, I had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. I will definitely stay here when I visit San Jose again.
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
Sal
"close to Carmel. the staff was helpful"
just wasn't what i expected. we were in Monterey/Carmel for our anniversary, not business or golf. it was ok if you're there for a business conference or to play golf with golfing buddies but not for a special event. i assumed that it would be more like other Hyatt properties especially since it was located in Monterey/Carmel. the staff especially the concierge was very pleasant and helpful with suggestions on how to get to various places we wanted to visit. the concierge sent us chocolates and champagne on Sat. night for our anniversary, was a nice touch. the rooms were clean, beds and pillows were fine. it was just ok.
Other trip Nov 28, 2015
Only problem was $40 parking .
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
silvia
The stay was okay, the parking is bit issue. And the bed are not what is it, I mean is not queen size. It seem like full size bed, "too small for two adults to sleep on it".
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"My appreciations of the front desk lady!"
I with three kids arrived 6.45AM on Saturday and my check in time was 3pm. The lady from the front desk look at us . We must've looked really tired from driving all night from Palm Springs. She said that she have a room that we can sleep till 12, and after she will move us to the right room. When I wake up at 11.30am I think that was one of the best thing happened to us . We started fresh our weekend journey. Thank you again for being thoughtfull and caring!
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
Nayden
We were in town for the garth brooks concert. Hotel is in great proximity to SAP center as well as fine dining. We had a tremendous time at the concert and the marriot was a great place to be able to prep before and unwined after the show.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
"San Jose Marriott"
The only complaint I have was about the valet service when we checked in. It was very slow and traffic was backed up into traffic lanes.
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2015
"Nice hotel. But the valet makes no sense."
Great hotel. Bathroom wasn't as clean as it could be. But the main problem was the valet charge for two motorcycles. We parked them ourselves. In one stall! And they charged us $20 a bike per day! That's ridiculous. I like the hotel and location. But we will be looking closely for other options next time we're in the area.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Reginald
"My Favorite Hotel"
great stay, close to event
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2015
Ricardo
"Very nice"
Great hotel. Newly remodeled I believe.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Nicole
"Worst hotel experience ever"
This was the most inconvenient and terrible experience I have ever had. When I arrived I was told my reservation had been cancelled. They refused to give me my room claiming they had no rooms available. I had already been charged on my debit card for the hotel so I could not understand why I did not have a room when I arrived. After arguing with the the Marriot receptionist for an hour and constantly calling "hotels.com" I was told that they could not give me a room but that they would get me a room at the Hilton.so then my girlfriend and I had to walk all the way to the Hilton with all of our luggage. Not only was this inconvenient but it was also embarrassing. All of this took a ridiculous amount of time which in turn made me very late for the concert that I was there to attend at the convention center. So not only did I have a terrible hotel experience they also ruined my concert experience which I had payed a lot of money for. I will not be booking through hotels.com or staying at the Marriot again. To top it all off the next day the Marriot still charged me $34 for valet parking when I had to walk back to the Marriot from the Hilton to pick up my car(again carrying all my luggage that far). Valet parking is supposed to be convenient which it was not. It would have been closer for me had I self parked.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Good room. Nice hotel."
Great experience- nice hotel and centrally located. Corner room had tons of space and bathroom was large and roomy. Disappointed that bar closed at 12 on a Saturday night. And the elevator service was super slow.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2015
Not Provided
Stayed here for a concert at SAP and was within walking distance. We ended up parking in the parking garage that is right next door rather than valeting it. Turns out that is cheaper and it is where the valets park the cars, too. The staff is very helpful and sweet. We realized after we had checked out that my husband forgot his cell phone in the room - and it was good, too, because I had unknowingly forgot my earrings on the nightstand!
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Janelle
"Ehhh"
Disappointed in valet waited almost 45 minutes, also 10. For dialing a wrong number?
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2015
"Excellent Hotel Next Door To Convention Center"
My second stay in two months. From the moment of arrival the staff went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. Lobby and common areas are very clean, room was super clean and tastefully appointed, comfortable and quite soundproof considering the busy streets surrounding the hotel. Perfect for attending events at Convention Center, as the hotel has a sky-walk connecting it. Many excellent restaurants and nice walking adventures nearby. By way of constructive feedback, I'd wish for a quick/easy/inexpensive cafe on the premises, a hot water and coffee bar in the lobby 24 hours a day, and perhaps more shelving or hooks in the bathrooms. One item notably missing is a hotel shuttle operating to and from the airport...this would take this hotel into near-perfect status!
3 night trip Oct 16, 2015
"It was okay, certain things could be mentioned bet"
Wifi wasn't free; we had to pay 8 bucks a day, but it was still good wifi. Also, one thing that bothered me the most was the issue with the deposit. I called earlier to ask if there were any deposits to pay, and they said no, and then I still get charged a deposit when we checked in. I know we get it back, but I wish staff was more clear about these kind of things. Still, the hotel was great. I'd probably come back again.
2 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
Marin
"Nice hotel, parking sucks."
Parking is terrible, you're basically forced to do $34 valet.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Taronish K
GREAT HOTEL!!!!
2 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
Debra
It was a very pleasant stay. Staff was great!
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
Very courteous staff. Convenient to San Jose Convention Center.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
Excellent stay ....a bit too expensive at $400/ night
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
"Nice room in San Jose downtown"
we were visiting our daughter for just one night I thought the bar in the hotel was not cozy and was too loud The room is very nice
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
"Really sloppy Mariotte"
Noisy with street noise. Service was poor. Didn't even have bottled water in the room. The service phone would always be busy (had to call with cellphone) A bit pricey. Only good thing is proximity to convention center if you are attending conference there
Response by San Jose Marriott
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your most recent stay with us. I do apologize about the noise level from the downtown area as well as for the amenities that were not available in your room upon arrival. I will certainly have the telephone lines checked as the telephones should be working at all times. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another try the next time you visit San Jose. Travel Well, Mark
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
"What every hotel should be"
Great service, great staff, great rooms. Some hotels say they treat you like royalty, this one really does.
Response by San Jose Marriott
Thank you for your kind words! They are appreciated by the staff as well as the hotel management team. We always try and exceed our guests expectations. Travel Well, Mark
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Great service!"
The Marriott crew were very friendly and helpful, they also left a surprise in our room because it was a special night for us. Thanks!
Response by San Jose Marriott
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We thrive on making memories for our guests and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Travel Well, Mark
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
It was okay. We stayed during a hot weekend and our room was extremely hot. We had the AC running but the room wa still the same temperature.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"One bug to many"
Everything seems ok the room looks pretty clean,when we came back in the eveing, after I bath I went in the closet to get the hair dryer and I saw a cockroach,I was very upset, called the desk,they put us in another room, which was fine.The next they gave us a free breakfast,were getting ready to drink our water and theirs a bug in the water.So needless to say I will not stay at that hotel again. And it would be nice if you let people know ahead of time that it costs $31.00 a day to park their car, that was an unexpected expense.
Response by San Jose Marriott
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We pride ourselves on ensuring our guests have a clean and sanitary stay with us. We have very high standards as well as a professional pest control process. I am hopeful that you will give us another try and let us show you how well we take care of uo guests.
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
Irene
"Reserved a King Bed. None avail at check in."
I had reservations for a nice room with a King Bed. I checked in at 9:30 pm on a Saturday. When I checked in, they had no rooms with a King Bed available, even though my reservation receipt clearly stated "King Bed". They gave me a room with 2 double beds which was not cool because the only reason I was there was to get some alone time with my girl friend. The front desk person said that they would be more than happy to refund and cancel our stay there and we could find another place to stay. Friday night at 9:30 pm I am supposed to go searching for a vacancy at another hotel with a king bed available. Not happening. Halfway through the night, she went to the other bed because we kept "almost" falling off the bed when one of us turned in bed. Needless to say, the night was a disaster. I called the next day to complain and the manager said he would look into it and get back to me later. I am not a happy customer!
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Fred
Good place and near bar, restaurants and bowling alley. The only thing is there's no microwave n refrigerator.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Somjai
"Good hotel, good location"
Nice clean hotel, good location in the middle of downtown, easy walk to markets etc. We were there for the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon, hotel was right across the street from it.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Benjamin
"Close to everything downtown."
Lobby /entrance was in complete disarray due to construction. Certainly no change in per night rate for the inconvenience. Going on 5 business days since check out and there is still a $250 hold on my bank account. Very frustrating.
Other trip Sep 25, 2015
"Nice room, everything else: ehh"
The room was nice but there was some serious construction going on at the main entrance and also at the elevators, which made it difficult to get an elevator that went down to the first floor. The hotel seemed rather boring, there was really no way to tell where anything was, not great signage or advertising once you step in. The bathroom is really nice and big, and the shades they had in the room was really good at keeping the heat out when the sun was beating on that side of the building. The bed was comfortable, and the room is clean. We had room service to days in a row. Very average breakfast yet extremely expensive. Parking at the hotel is $31 per day, and if you don't like that you can go park somewhere else in the neighborhood for roughly the same price.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Alison
"Excellent and Convenient"
The hotel was excellent and conveniently located to the Convention Center. All the employees that we were in contact with were very helpful and considerate. I was disappointed that they charge to park our car ($31/night) even though we were staying in the hotel. Also, the TV would "lose signal" a number of times while watching in the evening. We did not report it to anyone. In spite of that, it was an enjoyable stay.
2 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
Marianne
"Best convention stay ever!"
Great hotel. Had a wonderful time and enjoyed celebrating eBay's 20th Anniversary.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Great place, disappointing services"
The hotel was nice but the services seem lacking. No breakfast is available unless you do room service. As we were there for a festival with tickets to various shows it was not possible to grab a sandwich or salad for lunch before a performance or schedule a family breakfast for 11 people on site. we had to leave the hotel and plan time to go elsewhere for simple things. The cost per night seemed high when there is no self parking and a $31 charge to valet per night.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Rasma
"a pleasure"
The staff was especially attentive and personable, a pleasure to interact with, regardless of your request. Beautiful view from the upper floors, east facing. Lots of good food in walking distance which is so nice. Felt safe and strolled wherever we wanted to go, no parking hassle.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Great hotel. Staff was more than helpful. Nice relaxing weekend.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
It was a great time.
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
hugo
"1 night stay"
We were lucky. Originally We got a third floor room. But, somehow we got upgraded to a 21st floor with wonderful view. So awesome... Nice place with friendly staffs. Eventhough, We did try the restaurant and got "dryed age" new york steak, it was taste awfull. or, maybe we just don't like the taste of any kind dryed age. overall, We had a blast.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
putu diar
"I like this hotel"
Best service and staff so far. Really like this place.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2015
kaleb
"Close to all I needed"
Came for my "starvation" mostly to use the pool and see friends who live in the area. It's close to restaurants and shopping if you want to do so. Nice to walk around downtown. The room was perfect and comfortable, staff was perfect and answered all questions as well as I forgot something there and they found it and set aside for my friend to pick up. I have been here before and will continue to come back
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
rosie
"jazz festival"
They were late In delivering luggage took forever to get car from valet and we tip well!
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Marie
"The best"
Near the venue we were attending. The restaurant is 5 star. The nicest and professional staff. I would return.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015