All hotels in Rawai, Thailand

Awesome vibe
    Quite clean
    Great pool
    Great room

"Lovely resort with a view"
We stayed at the Mangosteen Resort for two weeks of bliss. The room was large with air con and a super room service daily. Ice brought to us each evening made the sunset hour relaxing on our deck with drinks, all round attention to detail and comfort was superb. We did encounter a plumbing problem midway in our stay but this was rectified very quickly with polite and helpful staff making the unforeseeable easy to deal with. Our view from our room was fabulous, pool amazing, friendly day staff with beautiful clean rooms.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Jasmine
"Beautiful relaxing hotel far from the bustle"
Absolutely stunning hotel to stay at, beautiful staff, beautiful atmosphere and stunning place. Gardens, pool, restaurant etc are first class. Rooms are large and roomy with all thoughts catered to. Very clean and professional. This hotel is for people who want to relax and are not necessarily into night clubs and bars, etc. Though it is not far to anything in Phuket this hotel is removed from the hustle and bustle so it is a short ride to anything. The road in is atrocious but the hotel is worth it. Absolutely loved my stay here :-)
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Annabel

"Hotel très agréable, loin de la fureur de Phuket"
Hotel très agréable, avec sa piscine et son bar. Le restaurant est très bon. Les chambres sont propres et confortables. Ne pas hésitez à louer un scooter pour faire le tour de la pointe sud de l'ile. Si vous cherchez un endroit calme et reposant, c'est l'endroit parfait.
3 night trip Feb 8, 2013
FR
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
JP

TripAdvisor reviews for Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa

"Quiet and friendly"
02/05/16 micke62 Stockholm, Sweden
A perfect place to relax and enjoy our holiday. Big and wonderful room. Big and quiet pool area with salt water. Friendly staf both in pool bar and restaurant. Good food and perfect breakfast. Gym is cool and have a wonderful sea view.
"Wowcher"
02/04/16 Derek G Dumfries, United Kingdom
If you are thinking of booking WOWCHER think again, its a scam, they tell you they only have the expensive upgrades left, I paid £150 via wowcher for a weeks stay , they wanted £280 for the upgrade, checked with hotel.com and they had plenty of standard rooms available. When you are requesting the room via wowcher they ask for your age, occupation, relationship status, how long you have been together etc etc so they can build a financial snapshot of you so they can charge accordingly, google it a lot of dodgy companies do this now
"Holiday"
02/03/16 Margaret H Alford
Great holiday, mangosteen is like a little paradise although you do need to be fit with all the steps and hills hand rails would be a good idea as ground can be bit slippery our accommodation was beautiful, spa great Opted for the buffet breakfast very good and both the buffet meals Monday and Thursday, again very good although not very hot Free shuttle to beach and local market was very welcome as were the buy one get one free drinks during happy hour All in all loved our time here and have recommended mangosteen to friends and family
"Paradise"
02/03/16 agge2016 Stockholm, Sweden
Nice staff and wonderful garden and poolarea. Breakfast and other meals where excellent. The possibilety to go to the beach and the neighborhood by the shuttelbus were very good. I loved the Spa Even if it is expesive it Worth it And now we are members.
"Pure luxury"
02/01/16 Waihopper Auckland Region, New Zealand
My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon at this top class resort! The resort is beautiful, the rooms elegant, the staff so friendly and we received the best service. The food was fantastic. We got exactly what we wanted - a resort away from the crazy hustle and bustle, the peace and quiet was refreshing and we made many friends from around the world during our stay.
"Amazing "
01/30/16 Mandy H
This place is amazing and I can be very picky lol, from the moment we got out of our taxi we were treated so well,given a tour of the resort on the way to our room then the highlights of the week explained to us, like deals for breakfast and dinner. The room itself is incredible, I wouldn't change a thing about it(or the resort), we had a shower room with a separate toilet,a private terrace and a huge bed. The grounds and the pool are exceptional, very well maintained and looked after every day. The food in the restaurant is well priced and delicious, the 2 evenings with special buffet nights were so nice I would highly recommend them both and great value for money, the selection at breakfast was so nice and kept us going until lunch easily. The main high point about the mangosteen is the staff, they are the friendliest and could not help you any more if they tried, from the basic things like booking a taxi to bringing me to a pharmacy late at night for medicine. As part of the deal we bought a meeting to go through a "holiday deal" was involved, we really enjoyed this and the guy looking after us lee was such a nice person, unfortunately we weren't in the position to sign up but would have loved to. Thank you so much for an amazing week I hope we get a chance to come back at some stage.
"Well run small resort in Rawai"
01/26/16 Warren D Brisbane, Australia
We were impressed with this resort as it is a small privately owned resort, yet extremely well run. The Reception was handled very well and on arrival we were immediately made to feel welcome. The villa was well maintained and clean, with a very pleasant view down the hill. The gardens are pristine and cooling. The food service was efficient in the restaurant and also room service. Quality of the food was also good without being priced over the top.
"Escaping the Winter of Eastern Europe to the Summer Resort of Thailand"
01/26/16 ShahBulgaria Varna, Varna, Bulgaria
The hotel / resort will give you all the information before your arrival and will make everything as smooth as possible to make sure you stay with them is as relaxing as possible. As always the resort / hotel in any case will always charge you extra for any extras you book so do your own home work. On the first night we ordered some pasta and I think the cook does not know what pasta is all about... you do not put BBQ sauce is pasta especially when it is penne arabiatta... Over our stay was bed only and I would like it to be that way which gives us choice to explore the facilities around. Get out of the resort then right and at the end of the road you will see from a supermarket 24hrs to restaurants and massage places all you would love to have when on holiday. The cook also got my omelette wrong as you ask a person how he/she would like it... do not assume you know it all... for example i like my omelette well done on both sides and with all the veges cooked and not just thrown in the middle... try this beat the eggs, add some milk, salt, pepper, onion, tomatoes, fresh green chilli peppers... mix it all well in a bowl and pour the mix into the hot frying pan with the oil heated already on it... cooked it on one side flip and cook on the other side and give it to your guest and ask them if they like it or love it... Other then the food everything we asked for and received was heaven... The Ayurveda spa was amazing and truly recommend one having sometime for all the treatments...
"Much More Than Which You Pay For"
01/15/16 km j Perth, Australia
We have been traveling to Phuket & staying at Mangosteen on & off for 5yrs now & intend to return again. As for the site I find it amazing, gardens are beautifully maintained reflecting the ground staff's pride, the pool is always glittering.peaceful & clean. Pool staff always there if you should need them, all the staff had a smile to greet you every day & there to assist if needed, housekeeping kept rooms beautiful & fresh . The restaurant has a wonderful ambiance & is nice to sit & eat any meal looking out at the view. We couldn't ask much else of the food, is has been and always is fantastic quality. We had Xmas brunch this yr and I can only say I was so full & satisfied & went home happy. Speaking of Xmas, the Resort got right into the mood with lighting and Tree's had been decorated, the Kitchen made the most jaw dropping Biscuit house. For the 1st time we attended the Cooking class, again another fun activity among the many the resort can offer. Finally I can cook Pad Thai the way it is meant to be cooked. Many laughs & again went home full & happy, thanks to the Chefs that presented the class that day :) The owners are also are lovely people & it was nice to see them at Xmas brunch even in their ever busy schedule. The Management are always friendly & there for you for anything. Richard is a familiar face & I consider him a friend...he never seems to stop keeping people happy. This yr we also met Craig "Cookie" who has the position of guest service manager. From time we arrived he was on hand to answer any queries we had and get us settled. After 9 days there of blissful holiday I had an accident (no not motorbike) and broke my ankle, resulting in plates/screws & a 9 day hospital admission. I was traveling with my daughter who is 14, so with all this going on for us she still had to manage things back at Mangosteen for me. Without the help of Craig & Richard there is absolutely no way she could have done the things needed whilst I was broken & away. I had so much going on in hospital & was so very much overwhelmed by the whole incident, that the knowing that my daughter was in good hands until check out was a major & I say major help for me, These guys went well above way & beyond their duties to support my daughter & myself also. I cannot express my thanks enough to you both...for always. So again thank you to everyone, from the poor little guy that had to carry me to my room as I couldn't walk, getting me taxi's, keeping me calm...for the fruit basket I was sent in hospital. The visits... What could have been a disaster was not. We look forward to our next visit & seeing you all again :)
"A wonderful peaceful stay"
01/14/16 olemygod Buderim, Australia
My wife and I bought a voucher on Groupon, which was an amazing deal. Having said that, we also bought 6 breakfasts, dinner and limousine airport transfers ( which has since been reworded to airport transfer) as we were expecting a nice limo but we got a 4 wheel drive!(We paid extra for this experience). The only unpleasant surprise was that we had to pay $AUD200 per person for an obligatory New Year dinner. We thought it was overpriced for what we had, especially when guests were charged for drinks on the top of that price. The entertainment was embarrassing to watch…and most people went their separate ways by 10.30pm It was very handy to have breakfast at the hotel and not needing to walk anywhere. The food selection was very good. The hotel has only 40 bungalows, which makes it a very peaceful and quiet place. The houses are spread though a large beautiful garden. The rooms are good and very spacious with a huge bed. The sea view from our room was breathtaking even if a fair way away. The swimming pool definitely made our stay and saved heading out to the beaches. Happy hour at the pool is also a good value and the bar people made very good cocktails! We had a promotion breakfast with Richard. He is a lovely person and was very helpful with all our questions. The club membership seems like a very good value, we talked to people who bought it and they were happy with it and many of them extended their membership. The spa seems a bit overpriced, but the masseurs were very professional and you can feel the difference between it and the street massage. Highly recommended. We would like to say a big thank you to the management and reception team, as they were really helpful - great customer service. The only suggestion we would like to make is to maybe charge less for food and water in the restaurant, then maybe people will spend more money within the hotel instead of dining out at locals restaurants. The 1.5 liter bottle costs 240baht ($AUD9.5) at the restaurant, but the corner shop charges only 14baht. Great place just telling it how we saw it…