All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here865 Franciso Blvd East, San Rafael, CA, 94901, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.6
    2.8
    2.5
"Not what I had expected"
The woman at the front desk was unfriendly. The hotel was adequate, but i made the mistake of leaving the bathroom window open, as it had been when I arrived, and the noise woke me in the morning. The funniest part was that there was a paper "strap" across the toilet seat. I suppose it was to encourage the thought that it had been cleaned or sterilized. I had to laugh when inside the toilet was a wad of hair that someone had thrown in there.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2015
"Hotel stay"
Two items that could have been better. 1. The mattress needs to be replaced. 2. The breakfast was late (7:30).
3 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Leo M
"Great, simple little place"
Some of the reviews here or on Yelp really slammed this little place, but the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the woman behind the desk was friendly. Flatscreen, microwave, mini-fridge. Decent price.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Cliff
"Perfect place and price to stay if visiting SF"
Just a stay over for the wife and I. It is located close to downtown where their are some fantastic restaurants(Il David)also close to the freeway access to get to SF.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Patrick
"Great for the price"
Hester is too loud. Bed is comfy
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Ross
"Could have been better"
The hotel advertises in Expedia as "Hotel in San Rafael with free breakfast and 24-hour front desk." This is not true. I have to leave at 7 AM and has to send e-mail for my work. I did not have the password for the Wi-fi because the lady at the front desk that checked me in the night before did not give it to me. I was tired that evening I checked in, so I did not bother to check the key card holder if the password was indicated in there (I just assumed because of my previous experiences from other hotels). I thought I could just call them using the phone in the room, it was not working. I used my cell phone to call-up the front desk, but no one answered the phone. I have tried several times (incurring long-distance charges because my cell phone has different area code) but no response. Decided to go to the front desk around 6:45 AM, door still closed, so I used the buzzer several times, but no one responded.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
NG
"Poor Place"
A very run-down motel type of hotel, dirty, small, unfriendly.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Hong
"Travelodge 12282014"
Customer service is totally poor. They are not act like customer service. Ad a mater of fact I hate the way they treat me. Never go back in that facility. This is the second times I went there and they are not good at all
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Ceacelia S
"Terrible hotel in a terrible area."
We arrived late and the "24 hour" reception was empty. Lights on, but nobody in the office. I had called earlier in the day to let them know we would be arriving late and they said "okay, no problem". I tried banging on doors and windows, rang the buzzer but nobody ever came. I called the office from my cell phone and could see/hear the phone ringing, but obviously nobody answered, not even an automated machine picked up. We waited for ~25 minutes and just left and found a better hotel down the road that actually had someone at the front desk. Now I have to figure out how to get my money back since I pre-paid through hotels.com. What a pain.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Cory
"Ok"
Vending machine didn't work pool was covered in grass
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Ross
"need some quality upgrades"
Free breakfast is very sparce,not even a toaster.No trays to take items to room.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"fun times with grandma and aunt....."
was their on for a thanksgiving weekend to see grandma and my aunte when arrived checked in got a non smoking room on the second floor area was quiet I slept well not bad for the price and being a older travel lodge. the only thing was I went to market to get a shower rubber pad to stand on while taking a shower the tub was very slippery without it.....lol
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Dwayne
"clean room nice people"
I prefer smoke free however none were available. So I burned some incense which helped. The room was clean and the heater warmed it up just fine. Like most inexpensive rooms the heater/ac was noisy... so once the room warmed up I shut it off. The trash was picked up (Wed.night early Thurs.) at the nearby dumpster and that was extremely loud and very early. Do not know if it is weekly or bi-weekly. The continental breakfast was not for either of us so we snagged a banana and found a place that was better for a good breakfast. The location is good for people who want to be bop around San Rafeal; only 5-6 minutes from the downtown shopping area. For the money it was OK.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Jnandaji
The manager was very nice and let us use his printer for my son. My son had some important documents to print and they let us go in the back to use the printer! Very nice staff!
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Room was clean and close to freeway. Just what I needed.
"Not bad for the price! Great location off 101."
Simple room. No clock, tiny refrigerator. A fair amount of noise but not too bad. Ice maker was dead.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Johanna
"Great Value."
The hotel is in a good location. Just off the highway a few blocks from downtown San Rafael. Not much to the place. But if your looking for an inexpensive, clean place to sleep, take a shower and take off. This is it. It's only a 5 minute walk to Terrapin Crossroads. Which was perfect for me. I could walk there enjoy the food and amazing music, till late night, and then walk on back to the hotel. I will definitely be back.
3 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Tired but OK"
Old motel, similar to the by gone days of Motel 6. Kudos to the owner for at least trying to update the interior...maybe they need to get a professional next time. Overall, a reasonable 1-2 star hotel. Next to the freeway so expect some road noise.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"AverageLodge"
Averagelodge.....Room was small, smelled a bit, but once the windows were open it got better. Knock down for waking me up @ 9, asking if I was checking out. Know down again for the mechanic next door with the air guns going off at 905 am. Plus one for the awesome coffee shop across the street.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
CHRISTOPHER
"a five star in this price range"
very good value for the price. Pleasantly surprised by the condition of the hotel and the oversize bathroom - this was an handicapped room.in this trip we stay in 3 different hotels and this was by far the most comfortable and the one we pay less.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"very good for the price"
I stayed in a room which was a smokers room, but it was a very clean
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
Shirak
"OK except for Bed!"
Courteous manager. adequate breakfast. no closet. the bed was very uncomfortable. everything else good.
4 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Reecca
"Old school bathroom :D"
Hotel has an old stile bathroom. Room was super clean.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2014
"daba in San rafael"
Unit must refurbish
3 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
Dante
We were really satisfied with our stay. I read so many negative reviews about this place but none of them were true for us. The place was clean, comfortable and I was surprised to find a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee maker in the room since it wasn't mentioned in the description. The only thing you probably should realize is that there is no breakfast area. The food is put out right there by the reception, you pick what you want and take it to your room. But the breakfast itself was pretty good - coffee, juice, cereal, pastries, bagels, cream cheese, fruit - enough to fill you up for a while. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience. Thank you.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Elena
"needs to be improve"
Well first the comforters were ripped, the TV remote control was taped up so it can hold the batteries and the main door of the room was all mess up oh and the person in the front desk didn't have really good customer service so I'll go back and book a room again only if I have to.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"A good stay"
The room had been updated and was quite comfortable. The bed was way too hard but hey, it's a hotel! The breakfast was actually pretty mediocre (bagels, cereal, fruit and terrible coffee) but the coffee roaster across the street was well worth it.The rooms weren't too noisy and the AC worked very well. Free wifi is a huge plus.
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Jolly
"It's ok- but don't expect attentive service"
It was ok.... the ceiling fan in the bathroom was falling down and there was ants in the bathroom. When we got there they were bad, but I spent some time killing them, and by the second day there were less. The linens were clean, but the bedspread was a bit shabby, Had a fridge, iced over in the freezer, but no microwave. The towels and pillows were nice--- the lumpy bed? Not so much...... For a king bed, it was very shaky if someone turned over, and there's only 12 tv channels- three of which are Fox, CBS and ABC news, 2 Mexican channels, two are sports channels, two are informercials, One is disney and the other two are misc. Only free channels. BORINGGGGGGG! As I checked out, some screaming brat was yelling "MOM! GET IN HERE! I WANT........"." AND SHE LEFT ME AT THE DESK TO DEAL WITH HIM AND NEVER CAME BACK!!!!" I wanted a 'final bill' but never got it.... I'd rather stay at Marin Lodge....
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Smelly"
Hotel was disappointing. While the motel was supposedly non-smoking (kinda hard to tell with signs saying it was OK and others not) the room smelled like it had not been cleaned of the smoking smell. Very outdated, worn out motel. Tub was so strange I decided to not take a shower at all! Air ventilation poor and loud. Won't be back!
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Truly Budget"
Had no idea it would be this bare minimum from reviews. Fixture hanging down in the bathroom, 2 screws would have fixed but they just don’t care. A tiny bottle of what could have been shampoo was it. Just a really marginal spot and I would have thought at $99. it might have had some decent toilet paper! Sorry, no I would not recommend but then again there were no other hotels available the weekend I needed.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
The room was very clean and comfortable. I didn't arrive until after 1 am but was very happy to see an attendant come within a minute of my arrival. Parking was very tight at that hour. A great coffee shop is directly across the street. The surrounding area made me a little nervous that late at night.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Disappointment stay at Travel Lodge"
One staff manager need customer service training when servicing quest, his mannerism was not friendly enough. Saturday night stay was noisy due to other quest partying in the parking lot after 9 pm. Sunday morning check out at 7 am the office was closed, no coffee or breakfast sweet were served free. If was just awful and I will never stay there again. What a waste of time and money.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Cynthia
"Rude"
Staff was the rudest I've ever experienced.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
This hotel is disgusting, Dirty, bad location, rooms are in bad shape, I left the hotel 10 minutes after check in and I found a different hotel. They should be ashamed to charge for a place like that.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
abraham omer
"Outdated"
I was only going to be in town for the weekend; I just needed a place to lay my head. I knew when I booked that it wasn't going to be a five star facility. The front of the motel was nice enough and looks like the picture; my room was not as nice. The first thing I noticed was the odor of cigarette smoke. To be fair, I did not realize that I had booked a "smoking" room. As there where no vacancies, I was unable to change. There was a large hole in the bed spread and a hole in the room's door. A trip to Target for Lysol took care of all the surfaces in the room - including the bedding. I had to stuff a towel in the hole in the door....I never felt completely comfortable during my stay.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
SoccerMom9
"Convenient"
A/C musty smell. Great coffee place across the street. Former head roaster for Peets!
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
liz
We arrived at this hotel and were very impressed to see that all the accommodations inside the room were up notch. Clean, updated and comfortable. Even though the actual hotel is old and very 60's, the rook are updated and ready for today's expectations. I would say it was a great value.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Sufficed"
We are accustom to much better motels. For our needs and one night this one worked okay. The room seemed clean but old. There was a kitchenette with sink, fridge, microwave and two burner stove. The check in area very small and dirty. The clerk was extremely slow!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Anna
Bedding was dirty & pool was filled in with dirt.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Excellence for Less"
I stay at this motel when I travel for work. I have always been pleased with the accommodations and the customer service. Always clean; everything works; plus the staff is friendly and helpful. Across the street is a great coffee roaster that smells and tastes amazing. Easy access to the freeway, too. Great price point if you book in advance!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
gingercookie
"Great hotel for a reasonable price!"
The hotel has been recently renovated, rooms are clean and service is great! This is the best rate for Marin County, minutes away from San Francisco, Muir Woods and Stinson Beach!
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Ali
"Good Value"
Its clean and convenient for the price. Not fancy, but the bathroom had nice light. Hotel is across from a cool coffee place.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Nathan
"A little seedy"
This hotel, while inexpensive, was the epitome of the saying, "you get what you pay for". Not terrible, but not desirable. this will be our last stay here..
4 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Not what I expected"
The bed was comfortable. That is the only positive thing I have to say. Very disappointed that it was rated 3 stars. 2 at best
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
NEVER AGAIN STAYIN THERE THEY ARE RUDE AND THE ROOMS WERE NOT IN GOOD CONDITIONS WHEN U NEED SERVICE NOT GOOD VERY RUDE
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
not hapoy
Vvery poor complimentary breakfast
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Save yourself a bad experience"
We booked three rooms for a family vacation. Nothing went right during our stay: The lady doing the registration was plain rude and inefficient, one room smelled to tobacco and the other to some kind of insecticide, the beds were old and in bad shape, the parking lot is not large enough, the neighborhood does not look safe, and the exterior carpet looks plain nasty. For sure this is the last time I book this hotel. I recommend to look for alternatives before booking this hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
J. Ibarra
"Family trip"
This hotel is ok but not great. The room was fairly clean (the ceiling had some stains). The bathrooms look like they were redone recently. The front desk customer service was horrible! The man checking us in was rude and he never even stopped his phone conversation to check us in. The biggest positive is that it is really close to the 101 freeway. Also there is a good coffee shop next door.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Decent"
It is adequate, definitely on the lower end. You can not say breakfast is included, 2 types cereal and coffee only in the lobby. Good coffee shop across the parking lot.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Hotel was just ok!"
it seems to be old in need of a redoo. bedding, floor, where clean, however bathroom celing vent has never been cleaned caked with lint and dust and probably bacteria.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014