All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America
865 Franciso Blvd East, San Rafael, CA, 94901, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.6
    2.7
    2.5
"Disappointment stay at Travel Lodge"
One staff manager need customer service training when servicing quest, his mannerism was not friendly enough. Saturday night stay was noisy due to other quest partying in the parking lot after 9 pm. Sunday morning check out at 7 am the office was closed, no coffee or breakfast sweet were served free. If was just awful and I will never stay there again. What a waste of time and money.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Cynthia
"Rude"
Staff was the rudest I've ever experienced.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
This hotel is disgusting, Dirty, bad location, rooms are in bad shape, I left the hotel 10 minutes after check in and I found a different hotel. They should be ashamed to charge for a place like that.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
abraham omer
"Outdated"
I was only going to be in town for the weekend; I just needed a place to lay my head. I knew when I booked that it wasn't going to be a five star facility. The front of the motel was nice enough and looks like the picture; my room was not as nice. The first thing I noticed was the odor of cigarette smoke. To be fair, I did not realize that I had booked a "smoking" room. As there where no vacancies, I was unable to change. There was a large hole in the bed spread and a hole in the room's door. A trip to Target for Lysol took care of all the surfaces in the room - including the bedding. I had to stuff a towel in the hole in the door....I never felt completely comfortable during my stay.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
SoccerMom9
"Convenient"
A/C musty smell. Great coffee place across the street. Former head roaster for Peets!
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
liz
We arrived at this hotel and were very impressed to see that all the accommodations inside the room were up notch. Clean, updated and comfortable. Even though the actual hotel is old and very 60's, the rook are updated and ready for today's expectations. I would say it was a great value.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Sufficed"
We are accustom to much better motels. For our needs and one night this one worked okay. The room seemed clean but old. There was a kitchenette with sink, fridge, microwave and two burner stove. The check in area very small and dirty. The clerk was extremely slow!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Anna
Bedding was dirty & pool was filled in with dirt.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Excellence for Less"
I stay at this motel when I travel for work. I have always been pleased with the accommodations and the customer service. Always clean; everything works; plus the staff is friendly and helpful. Across the street is a great coffee roaster that smells and tastes amazing. Easy access to the freeway, too. Great price point if you book in advance!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
gingercookie
"Great hotel for a reasonable price!"
The hotel has been recently renovated, rooms are clean and service is great! This is the best rate for Marin County, minutes away from San Francisco, Muir Woods and Stinson Beach!
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Ali
"Good Value"
Its clean and convenient for the price. Not fancy, but the bathroom had nice light. Hotel is across from a cool coffee place.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Nathan
"A little seedy"
This hotel, while inexpensive, was the epitome of the saying, "you get what you pay for". Not terrible, but not desirable. this will be our last stay here..
4 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Not what I expected"
The bed was comfortable. That is the only positive thing I have to say. Very disappointed that it was rated 3 stars. 2 at best
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
NEVER AGAIN STAYIN THERE THEY ARE RUDE AND THE ROOMS WERE NOT IN GOOD CONDITIONS WHEN U NEED SERVICE NOT GOOD VERY RUDE
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
not hapoy
Vvery poor complimentary breakfast
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Save yourself a bad experience"
We booked three rooms for a family vacation. Nothing went right during our stay: The lady doing the registration was plain rude and inefficient, one room smelled to tobacco and the other to some kind of insecticide, the beds were old and in bad shape, the parking lot is not large enough, the neighborhood does not look safe, and the exterior carpet looks plain nasty. For sure this is the last time I book this hotel. I recommend to look for alternatives before booking this hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
J. Ibarra
"Family trip"
This hotel is ok but not great. The room was fairly clean (the ceiling had some stains). The bathrooms look like they were redone recently. The front desk customer service was horrible! The man checking us in was rude and he never even stopped his phone conversation to check us in. The biggest positive is that it is really close to the 101 freeway. Also there is a good coffee shop next door.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Decent"
It is adequate, definitely on the lower end. You can not say breakfast is included, 2 types cereal and coffee only in the lobby. Good coffee shop across the parking lot.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Hotel was just ok!"
it seems to be old in need of a redoo. bedding, floor, where clean, however bathroom celing vent has never been cleaned caked with lint and dust and probably bacteria.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Traveloge is an Adequate Budget Choice"
The area is chaotic and access takes some getting used to, but it is acceptable as a low-budget place to stay. The flooring is uneven and rickety, and the accessible rooms have no place to hang your clothes. There is no gym, no pool, and you'll queue up to get onto the freeway each morning. Parking is tight. But there is a decent shower and bed, and the TV functions-- if all you want is a place to sleep and shower, it works.
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"Inexpensive for the area, Not best location though"
Decent room but ours didn't have a closet or coat hook and as we were there for a wedding that was an issue when trying to hang suit & dress. Everything else was good and clean. Neighborhood was a little shady though.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
PJH
"Used needle"
Bad neighborhood, saw a used syringe in the bushes by the street. My room was next to a bunch of drunk german tourists who woke me up several times singing loud in the parking lot. On the plus side there is a great coffee shop across the street.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Marshall
"Perfect for the basics"
Rooms were clean but small. Was sad to see they had to fill in the swimming pool.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Need a cheap place to stay here it is"
Do you travel on a budget If your going to the San Rafael area this is the place for you.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Armando
"Nice, close to the freeway"
Nice, the room was a little small, but it was just me. I like the shower stall in my room, easy in-easy out.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Wil
"Were desperate to find a room and didn't feel safe"
Lodging is expensive in the bay area and fills fast on the weekends in the bay area. This Travelodge had few rooms left, charge an unfair price, and falsely advertises. It's a "motel," not a hotel. Although the motel room was clean, the surrounding area of the hotel is located in a very unsafe, industrial area of San Rafael, located right off Hwy 101. The airconditioner was very noisy, kept us awake all night, but it was better than hearing the highway traffic. This motel also falsely advertises its amenities; ie, the "pool" is filled in with a grassy turf. The "breakfast" is a container of Cherrios, a small empty carafe of coffee and three tiny stale bagels. Would not recommend to stay here unless you are desperate to find a room...or keep on driving elsewhere.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"One to miss"
While the bathroom was lovely and the room was clean, it didn't have much else to recommend it. The swimming pool was filled in and unavailable, and the bed was a double and not the queen that was advertised. The mattress was so unconfortable that sleeping was difficult. I won't go again.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"softy bed"
stingy w/toilet paper soft bed turn off ac
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"One not so good experience."
I chose the hotel because I stayed here before, however this time was not a good experience. The staff at Travelodge are unprofessional. They do not display any knowledge of customer service. During my check in the host was very dry and children were running in and out of the room to behind the desk. The female clerk must have just finished eating because she dug in her teeth and just stared. Then they asked me to wait (while they fussed with each other) because they thought they gave me a room that was already occupied. My room had a couple of bugs/roaches. Didn't well at all.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
ASH
"Are you kidding?"
It was fine if you were looking for a 3 star hotel in Tijuna. I got a lower floor room that backed up to a automotive shop. Noise going on all night due to some Mexican celebration. A pretty low life district of San Rafael. I will pay the extra money to stay in a better location next time! There was no parking stall when I returned to my room. I had to yell for someone to check me in. The TV remote had no backing on it and the batteries fell out. No hairdryer was provided. The water came out of the tap with no filtration and the shower was lukewarm.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"TraveLodge in a rough part of town"
This TraveLodge is about what you'd expect for budget accommodation, maybe a bit better. But the surrounding area is congested and not a better part of town. Although right by the freeway, access is cumbersome and confusing. There are restaurants with 1-3 miles, but parking is difficult. If you picked up this motel and moved it, I'd definitely rate it more highly.
4 night business trip May 19, 2014
"Old hotel bed very uncomfortable"
Very outdated hotel will never stay or recommend that hotel again.
Other trip May 23, 2014
no coffee, no soap in the room. was not ready to come and bring it to the room: 'we are not a 5 star hotel you know' yeah no kidding...
3 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Good for a weekend"
This hotel was very clean. Nice clean sheets and towels every day. It needs some updating but was fine for what we needed. We were there for a wedding so we were in and out for four days. Well worth the money in that area.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"San Rafael Travelodge"
The bed appeared to have been sat on to watch TV and wasn't straightened up afterwards! The bed mattress sank in the middle and wasn't very comfortable! It was very convenient to the class I was taking and there was a fast restaurant close by. The price was reasonable but they didn't seem too concerned when I mentioned the bed.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Laurie
"Better than expected. Especially clean."
Expected a not-so-great experience. Instead, at a great value price, I enjoyed a clean room, good bed, new air conditioner, & especially nice shower. Well done!
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"nothing good here-"
had to check out due to roaches everywhere one prior occasion made a reservation and arrived late at night only to find a note on the door stating no occupancy and no one would answer phones or the front door stay away - any other hotel is worth the extra cost
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Alright"
Second time staying here. Was no bad experience but it was the cheapest price we found. The staff was nice but the hotel is old, they did some remod on it, so it is nice. Would recommend if ur looking for low price.. Pretty much u get what u pay for :)
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
jason
"You get what you pay for"
I was on a budget so I looked for the cheapest location within the shortest distance to our destination. This hotel had uncomfortable beds, they must have been defrosting the freezer in the mini fridge because I stepped right into a wet puddle on the floor, there were 2 towels but no bath mat and only two pillows in pillow cases, one extra pillow with no case. The neighborhood was an industrious part of town right near the freeway. Overall I would say this is on the lower end of hotel experiences for me but I did book the cheapest place I could find so I guess you get what you pay for but in my travels I have come to expect common standard features from any hotel and this fell below the mark for me.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
Rude Manager at front desk. Very limited parking.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Just needed a shower and a couple hours sleep"
I arrived late and had to wake up the manager to get my room key, he gave me an attitude while checking in. The room was clean but outdated. There was no curtain on the bathroom window and security lights shine though window all night. No hot water in shower the next morning, I was going to call and complain but the office wasn't open yet and i was in a hurry to get back on the freeway. I won't stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Sink was stopped & shower changed from cold to hot"
The outside was dirty - bird mess on railing, torn outside carpet on stairs. The balcony was slatted and hard to walk on. No one ever at the desk to ask a question. Breakfast never ready at 7:30 as advertised. Orange juice/Apple juice machine ran out and not refilled.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Kay
"You get what you pay for"
The room was clean and I didn't hear any noise from surrounding rooms, but the office was rarely staffed, no one answered the phone when I called and there was no bell or anything to call for someone. I went to the office several times times to try and get coffee for my coffeemaker but no one was there and the ajoining door was closed. The first day I went out and got coffee, when I came back, my linens had been taken, but not replaced. I finally got that taken care of and managed to get some coffee for the next day (after being told there was none). These aren't the worst of inconveniences but you get what you pay for.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"San Rafael motel disappointing"
No coffee supplies in the room and surly staff in office, torn carpet on stairs a hazard, forget about "continental breakfast". The room was ok and central location was convenient. But we won't be going back as there are more appealing places nearby.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Cheryl
"Bad location - bad service"
They lock the office door in the early evening. Late arrivals like us have to wait outside in freezing cold for clerk to finish with person ahead of us, so we can check in. Talk to clerk who is behind a security window. Is this place safe? Clerk barely speaks English; hard to communicate. Small room with no closet, no place to hang clothes. Chaotic San Rafael street system makes motel hard to find. All in all, a poor choice even with low rate
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Howard
"bad-bad place and service"
the people at the desk were rude, it smelled funny in the lobby.I couldn't stand being there, if I hadn't already paid online I would have walked out of there. stay away from this place.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Sean Sitka
"wouldn't stay again"
Felt like we were a bother when we registered through the bullet proof window in the outside wall in the early evening. The mattress was the most uncomfortable we'd ever slept on. It rolled us to the middle and we were unable to roll back out. We didn't have hot water for our showers in the am. Told the pilot was out and we could take a second shower in 10 minutes after the water heated back up. The room was very nice looking and we thought it would have been adequate when we first saw it, but ended up being very disappointed. The breakfast provided the bare minimum in order for it to be called a breakfast.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
"Clean hotel close to traffic."
The hotel was clean but very close to highway. The bathroom window faces a gas station. The room has new decoration, but the fridge was missing. The contenental breakfast was served in the lobby, no eggs or hot item except for coffe. The rate was cheap enough for me to go back.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Jay
"Inexpensive, nicely located."
The room was small and the building was older but for the rate, I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
Sandra
"Pretty good for a price"
The hotel is good. Free wi-fi (not so fast but I think it is because login/password is not required and many people abuse it - was working great in the very early morning), light breakfast and good rooms. The bathroom has the bath and the shower. Was afraid that the heater will not work as it was mentioned in previous reviews but none of us (3 rooms/6 people) had this problem. The stuff is nice if you are nice. Overall 4 out of 5.
3 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2013