All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here865 Franciso Blvd East, San Rafael, CA, 94901, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.6
    2.7
    2.5
"Save yourself a bad experience"
We booked three rooms for a family vacation. Nothing went right during our stay: The lady doing the registration was plain rude and inefficient, one room smelled to tobacco and the other to some kind of insecticide, the beds were old and in bad shape, the parking lot is not large enough, the neighborhood does not look safe, and the exterior carpet looks plain nasty. For sure this is the last time I book this hotel. I recommend to look for alternatives before booking this hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
J. Ibarra
"Family trip"
This hotel is ok but not great. The room was fairly clean (the ceiling had some stains). The bathrooms look like they were redone recently. The front desk customer service was horrible! The man checking us in was rude and he never even stopped his phone conversation to check us in. The biggest positive is that it is really close to the 101 freeway. Also there is a good coffee shop next door.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Decent"
It is adequate, definitely on the lower end. You can not say breakfast is included, 2 types cereal and coffee only in the lobby. Good coffee shop across the parking lot.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Hotel was just ok!"
it seems to be old in need of a redoo. bedding, floor, where clean, however bathroom celing vent has never been cleaned caked with lint and dust and probably bacteria.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Traveloge is an Adequate Budget Choice"
The area is chaotic and access takes some getting used to, but it is acceptable as a low-budget place to stay. The flooring is uneven and rickety, and the accessible rooms have no place to hang your clothes. There is no gym, no pool, and you'll queue up to get onto the freeway each morning. Parking is tight. But there is a decent shower and bed, and the TV functions-- if all you want is a place to sleep and shower, it works.
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"Inexpensive for the area, Not best location though"
Decent room but ours didn't have a closet or coat hook and as we were there for a wedding that was an issue when trying to hang suit & dress. Everything else was good and clean. Neighborhood was a little shady though.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
PJH
"Used needle"
Bad neighborhood, saw a used syringe in the bushes by the street. My room was next to a bunch of drunk german tourists who woke me up several times singing loud in the parking lot. On the plus side there is a great coffee shop across the street.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Marshall
"Perfect for the basics"
Rooms were clean but small. Was sad to see they had to fill in the swimming pool.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Need a cheap place to stay here it is"
Do you travel on a budget If your going to the San Rafael area this is the place for you.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Armando
"Nice, close to the freeway"
Nice, the room was a little small, but it was just me. I like the shower stall in my room, easy in-easy out.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Wil
"Were desperate to find a room and didn't feel safe"
Lodging is expensive in the bay area and fills fast on the weekends in the bay area. This Travelodge had few rooms left, charge an unfair price, and falsely advertises. It's a "motel," not a hotel. Although the motel room was clean, the surrounding area of the hotel is located in a very unsafe, industrial area of San Rafael, located right off Hwy 101. The airconditioner was very noisy, kept us awake all night, but it was better than hearing the highway traffic. This motel also falsely advertises its amenities; ie, the "pool" is filled in with a grassy turf. The "breakfast" is a container of Cherrios, a small empty carafe of coffee and three tiny stale bagels. Would not recommend to stay here unless you are desperate to find a room...or keep on driving elsewhere.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"One to miss"
While the bathroom was lovely and the room was clean, it didn't have much else to recommend it. The swimming pool was filled in and unavailable, and the bed was a double and not the queen that was advertised. The mattress was so unconfortable that sleeping was difficult. I won't go again.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"softy bed"
stingy w/toilet paper soft bed turn off ac
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"One not so good experience."
I chose the hotel because I stayed here before, however this time was not a good experience. The staff at Travelodge are unprofessional. They do not display any knowledge of customer service. During my check in the host was very dry and children were running in and out of the room to behind the desk. The female clerk must have just finished eating because she dug in her teeth and just stared. Then they asked me to wait (while they fussed with each other) because they thought they gave me a room that was already occupied. My room had a couple of bugs/roaches. Didn't well at all.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
ASH
"Are you kidding?"
It was fine if you were looking for a 3 star hotel in Tijuna. I got a lower floor room that backed up to a automotive shop. Noise going on all night due to some Mexican celebration. A pretty low life district of San Rafael. I will pay the extra money to stay in a better location next time! There was no parking stall when I returned to my room. I had to yell for someone to check me in. The TV remote had no backing on it and the batteries fell out. No hairdryer was provided. The water came out of the tap with no filtration and the shower was lukewarm.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"TraveLodge in a rough part of town"
This TraveLodge is about what you'd expect for budget accommodation, maybe a bit better. But the surrounding area is congested and not a better part of town. Although right by the freeway, access is cumbersome and confusing. There are restaurants with 1-3 miles, but parking is difficult. If you picked up this motel and moved it, I'd definitely rate it more highly.
4 night business trip May 19, 2014
"Old hotel bed very uncomfortable"
Very outdated hotel will never stay or recommend that hotel again.
Other trip May 23, 2014
no coffee, no soap in the room. was not ready to come and bring it to the room: 'we are not a 5 star hotel you know' yeah no kidding...
3 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Good for a weekend"
This hotel was very clean. Nice clean sheets and towels every day. It needs some updating but was fine for what we needed. We were there for a wedding so we were in and out for four days. Well worth the money in that area.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"San Rafael Travelodge"
The bed appeared to have been sat on to watch TV and wasn't straightened up afterwards! The bed mattress sank in the middle and wasn't very comfortable! It was very convenient to the class I was taking and there was a fast restaurant close by. The price was reasonable but they didn't seem too concerned when I mentioned the bed.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Laurie
"Better than expected. Especially clean."
Expected a not-so-great experience. Instead, at a great value price, I enjoyed a clean room, good bed, new air conditioner, & especially nice shower. Well done!
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"Alright"
Second time staying here. Was no bad experience but it was the cheapest price we found. The staff was nice but the hotel is old, they did some remod on it, so it is nice. Would recommend if ur looking for low price.. Pretty much u get what u pay for :)
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
jason
"You get what you pay for"
I was on a budget so I looked for the cheapest location within the shortest distance to our destination. This hotel had uncomfortable beds, they must have been defrosting the freezer in the mini fridge because I stepped right into a wet puddle on the floor, there were 2 towels but no bath mat and only two pillows in pillow cases, one extra pillow with no case. The neighborhood was an industrious part of town right near the freeway. Overall I would say this is on the lower end of hotel experiences for me but I did book the cheapest place I could find so I guess you get what you pay for but in my travels I have come to expect common standard features from any hotel and this fell below the mark for me.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
Rude Manager at front desk. Very limited parking.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Just needed a shower and a couple hours sleep"
I arrived late and had to wake up the manager to get my room key, he gave me an attitude while checking in. The room was clean but outdated. There was no curtain on the bathroom window and security lights shine though window all night. No hot water in shower the next morning, I was going to call and complain but the office wasn't open yet and i was in a hurry to get back on the freeway. I won't stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
The room was clean and I didn't hear any noise from surrounding rooms, but the office was rarely staffed, no one answered the phone when I called and there was no bell or anything to call for someone. I went to the office several times times to try and get coffee for my coffeemaker but no one was there and the ajoining door was closed. The first day I went out and got coffee, when I came back, my linens had been taken, but not replaced. I finally got that taken care of and managed to get some coffee for the next day (after being told there was none). These aren't the worst of inconveniences but you get what you pay for.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"San Rafael motel disappointing"
No coffee supplies in the room and surly staff in office, torn carpet on stairs a hazard, forget about "continental breakfast". The room was ok and central location was convenient. But we won't be going back as there are more appealing places nearby.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Cheryl
"Bad location - bad service"
They lock the office door in the early evening. Late arrivals like us have to wait outside in freezing cold for clerk to finish with person ahead of us, so we can check in. Talk to clerk who is behind a security window. Is this place safe? Clerk barely speaks English; hard to communicate. Small room with no closet, no place to hang clothes. Chaotic San Rafael street system makes motel hard to find. All in all, a poor choice even with low rate
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Howard
"bad-bad place and service"
the people at the desk were rude, it smelled funny in the lobby.I couldn't stand being there, if I hadn't already paid online I would have walked out of there. stay away from this place.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Sean Sitka
"wouldn't stay again"
Felt like we were a bother when we registered through the bullet proof window in the outside wall in the early evening. The mattress was the most uncomfortable we'd ever slept on. It rolled us to the middle and we were unable to roll back out. We didn't have hot water for our showers in the am. Told the pilot was out and we could take a second shower in 10 minutes after the water heated back up. The room was very nice looking and we thought it would have been adequate when we first saw it, but ended up being very disappointed. The breakfast provided the bare minimum in order for it to be called a breakfast.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
"Clean hotel close to traffic."
The hotel was clean but very close to highway. The bathroom window faces a gas station. The room has new decoration, but the fridge was missing. The contenental breakfast was served in the lobby, no eggs or hot item except for coffe. The rate was cheap enough for me to go back.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Jay
"Inexpensive, nicely located."
The room was small and the building was older but for the rate, I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
Sandra
"Pretty good for a price"
The hotel is good. Free wi-fi (not so fast but I think it is because login/password is not required and many people abuse it - was working great in the very early morning), light breakfast and good rooms. The bathroom has the bath and the shower. Was afraid that the heater will not work as it was mentioned in previous reviews but none of us (3 rooms/6 people) had this problem. The stuff is nice if you are nice. Overall 4 out of 5.
3 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2013
Anton
was alittle disapointed , no micro wave , no small refg , there ice machine was broken , , morning breakfast was ok but not ok , the bed was hard , great hot water no hooks for my cloths ,
2 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Rodney
"Not spmewhere I would stay again"
It was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. The staff were rude with a couldn't care less attitude, Parking there is a joke,. There wasn't a closet in the room and nowhere to hang anything. I heard another guest complaining he didn't have any heating, only to be told by staff no rooms had heating which was a complete lie as I had heating in my room. The breakfast was ok but you had to take it back to your room to eat it as there was nowhere to sit in the lobby where it was served. I would never stay here again and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.The only up side was, the room was clean.
5 night trip Dec 6, 2013
John Dartnell
"Rough time there"
The first day the woman from the desk came and took my microwave. I said is it broken? She said nothing, and walked off with it. never saw it or another one. It was kind of cold there at the time of my stay, but the last day my heater would not work. I don't know if it was turned off, or what, but I woke up very cold and wanted to get out of there.
3 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Good, safe place to stay"
This hotel is not the ritz... And it is not advertised as such... It is a solid, safe place to stay for a good price. The family who runs the motel is very nice and they are always looking around for things to improve on the site. I had a fridge, microwave and a hot plate in my room. The bed was soft but not worn. I loved the pillows! The room was perfect for one to two people, but I wouldn't put anymore in there than that. It is located in the canal district, about a mile from downtown San Rafael. Bottom line: It is safe, clean and affordable to stay in Marin county. I will definitely stay here again!
4 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Julian
The wireless wasn't working the entire two days we were there. However, for the price it wasn't that bad and fairly quiet considering location. Oh, and Whole Foods is only about 5 minutes away.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Staff didn't seem to care. We were given a roll away bed that hadn't been made up and in order for us to set it up we had to move the chairs into the bathroom. There was no closet in our room. And no place to sit in the lobby if you wanted their breakfast.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"A convenient stay for Thanksgiving"
We got there a little late and having a room on the first floor was not available we had asked. Otherwise it was okay.
"close to family"
was very nice
Janet Warden
"Basic Motel Fills the Bill"
We appreciated having a smoking room in San Rafael where we were visiting over Thanksgiving. The room was quite adequate and had many amenities including a nice, wide safe. We would go back for sure.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Probably won't stay here again"
Things right with the place- 1) clean, 2) nice man at check in.3) great local coffee shop across the street. Things wrong with the place- 1) heater did not work 2) not enough pillows or blankets 3) hot water in shower took a long time to get hot, 4) no place to sit in lobby to eat breakfast at a table, 5) carpet was wet near refrigerator 6) dead raccoon was on ground near edge of driveway,7) sketchy neighborhood very close to 580.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
Larkspur traveler
"good access to the freeways"
A small hotel with a clean functional rooms in a rather dismal district. Road access is easy to miss. Finding breakfast and management was not easy. The lowish rate refects the challenges.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2013
DCD
Overall, my stay was okay. I was visiting for the weekend.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Missy
"Not bad"
I needed a cheap place to stay. It had the basics plus a few extras fridge and microwave. There was some few upgrades. Overall experience was fine, nothing special but wasn't expecting it because the rates were so low. It was clean, safe and I was in a budget so worked out perfect.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Rose
Everything went fine. I only stayed one night.
1 night trip Nov 11, 2013
"Dirty"
This hotel was very dirty, old, gross and not the friendliest front desk staff. No amenities. Just really low quality.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
Jackie
"okay for price,"
It was a comfortable room, stay was without stress. Helpful staff.
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"Close to destination"
parking is an issue more rooms than spaces
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2013