All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Clean
    Good internet service
    Great room
    Bad breakfast
"Nice hotel that is centrally located to everything"
Staff, location, and hotel were very good.....clean, simple rooms with beautiful hardwood floors.......basically an old hotel that's been recently updated.....very nice.....besides a small plumbing problem the hotel was a great deal
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Med
"Two-night stay, May 27-29, 2015"
An older, small hotel which has upgraded facilities and is very comfortable. Hotel is located in a lively area with nearby cafes, restaurants, and bars. Also within walking distance to Vieux-Montreal and shopping areas. Rooms facing the street can be noisy at night, otherwise this is a nice, inexpensive hotel.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Gene
The hotel is right on a main street and is only a 10 minute walk from the Old Port. There is a parking lot nearby with very friendly attendants so it was easy to just park there for the duration of my stay and explore the city on foot.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Megan
"Basic, clean and comfortable"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. It was not a huge spa type hotel but it was inexpensive. It was close to everything that we needed to get to. Walking distance. Had a very european feel to it.
4 night trip with friends May 20, 2015
OK on a budget
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Fabulous hotel. Friendly, efficient staff."
Wonderful location, close to many interesting attractions. Staff was very accommodating and helpful with suggestions on restaurants and other things to do.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Not fancy. Very plain. Great staff. Located in a questionable area but only a couple of block from many restaurants in a better. No coffe available at hotel but staff referred us to 1880 Cafe about a block away. The cafe as exactly what we needed. Great coffee. Great staff
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Get a $20 Fan for the rooms"
It was warm when I checked into my room and I asked for a fan or a/c and they didn't have a room with either so I sweated the sheets and was uncomfortable.
2 night business trip May 9, 2015
The hotel is in a great area close to restaurants, shopping, and transportation. The people at the front desk were very friendly and very helpful. The bed could have been a little more comfortable. All in all very well worth the money.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Justin
"Great Hotel in a Great part of Montreal"
Wonderful. Great hotel for a great price. Don't expect a 5 star resort -- this is just a great place to stay in a very convenient location. Staff are very friendly. Don't miss the 'grotto' in basement.
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
"A Pleasant surprise"
We went to Montreal to check out a college for my son. When looking for a hotel this was by far the most inexpensive and looked to be situated within a 1/2 mile of the school. When we pulled up I was second guessing my choice. The location was not what we expected. All turned out well. The hotel is small, but very clean and the staff was excellent. The desk clerk was polite and pleasant. She recommended some great restaurants for us, and made us feel welcome. The room was larger than I expected, with 2 double beds and a pull out couch. The floors were hardwood - no carpeting (which I liked) and clean. No major frills, but comfortable and clean. Well worth it.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Christine
"Great Hotel, Great Location - April 2015"
This was my second stay at the St-Denis. It is a wonderful, comfortable hotel perfect for exploring Montreal. Old Montreal, Chinatown, the Latin Quarter, the Gay Village and Downtown are within walking distance. A large variety of restaurants are within a three or four block walk, including vegan options. The 747 bus stop only a block from the hotel making it a single bus ride to get to and from Pierre-Elliott Trudeau International Airport. The subway entrance is even closer. My regular room was equipped with free WiFi, a Keurig coffee maker, flat screen TV with cable, a desk with a rolling high backed chair, an additional chair, dresser, refrigerator (an addition since my last stay!), padded and wooden hangers, a boot tray to hold wet footwear (fortunately not needed on this trip), a supplemental space heater in case the individually controlled radiator doesn't provide enough heat for your comfort (I had the radiator heat nearly turned off and the room was "just right" for me) and great citrus smelling toiletries. This trip my room faced the street. This is a college neighborhood. The UQAM campus is all around you. College kids tend to be a little noisy at night. But the sounds from the street were not constant nor did they continue all night. The hotel makes an effort to use "green" sourced items and be environmentally conscious. In addition to a waste basket my room had a recycling bin.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Nice hotel, convenient to Vieux Montreal"
Checking in was a breeze, the staff all spoke fluent English as well as French. My room looked to have been recently renovated and was beautiful.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"excellent hotel"
Great hotel - clean, comfortable and affordable. If you get a renovated room, the decor is really cute and they have giant jacuzzi tubs. Located close to everything and in a fun area for night life. I'd definitely stay there again!
3 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
Maria
"St Denis Montreal"
The hotel is simply adequate. There are no services, no frills, nothing on-site other than rooms which are clean but spartan. The hotel is right next to the UQAM campus so there is always a lot of street noise, even later in the day. If your looking for a simple room, walking distance to many things, at a value price, the St Denis is your place. If your looking for an on-site bar, 4-5 star room decor, doorman, or even help getting your bags to your room, this is not the place for you.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Consistently Great"
This was our fourth stay at Hotel St Denis. We've stayed at "nicer" hotels in Montreal but because we are so often out & about enjoying the city, we often pass up the amenities of those places then feel like we overpaid. The location of Hotel St Denis, so close to St Catherine Street, the UQAM train station, & terrific restaurants plus reasonably priced underground parking makes this place an outstanding value. The people at the front desk are cheerful, helpful, & bilingual in a friendly manner. The rooms are clean, spacious enough to store things & get ready for a night out, and the beds & linen are fresh and comfortable. We could afford more but why bother? We really really like the Hotel St Denis.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Decent hotel in the heart of Montreal"
As for price, this place have very good service. The hotel room is clean and nicely furnished. There was water bottle and free cup of a coffee which is quite unusual treat for this price range. Hotel staff are kind and cooperative. A hair dryer, a refrigerator, amenities, TV, and other necessary items are all in the reach.There is also a parking lot for $20 which make convenience for driving visitors as well.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Shunsuke
"Nothing fancy, but perfect for a lot of reasons"
I'm a huge fan of Hotel St. Denis and I try to book there every time I'm in Montreal. The location is extremely convenient-- just over a block to the Berri-UQAM metro hub and a short walk to the Village and Old Montreal. Accommodations are basic, but everything you might need. Beds are firm and comfortable; the mini-fridge is convenient; and housekeeping is impeccable. Hotel staff is also very pleasant and helpful. The only thing that might be considered a negative is that there is no temperature control for each individual room, but that's never been an issue for me. I love this place.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"nice place to stay"
very nice for a single person. Don't expect much, but very good for the price. Clean, great location in Montreal. Would return.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Haunted hotel"
That hotel is definitely haunted. There are noises from everywhere all night long. Can hear people moving on the floor above even in the the early hours of the morning. The bathroom and elevator was small even for a hotel. The neighborhood is very bad. So if anyone plans to come with kids and family avoid. If anyone says Detroit neighborhood is bad that Detroit wins over several times over this neighbor hood. I had not expected that near a university in Canada.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Road Trip - Montreal Stop"
Overall, this was a nice and old-fashioned hotel in downtown Montreal. But the room had an old-fashioned heater that did not seem to put out enough heat to keep the room warm. It was extremely cold outside. Otherwise, it was a neat little place.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2015
Jonathan
"excellent value & location!"
We had a great stay here for two nights in October 2014. The bilingual staff were very friendly. We didn't need a fancy place to stay, so our plainly furnished room with king-size bed, small fridge, free Wi-Fi, and big TV was a great surprise for the low price we paid. The location is really perfect. It's right in the middle of the University of Quebec (UQAM) area, so there are lots of cute coffeeshops and cheap places to eat. It's only a few blocks to walk to great restaurants, grocery stores, and sightseeing areas, and the metro stop is two blocks away. The Greyhound station (Gare d'Autocars) is only a few minutes' walk as well. The walls are thin - we could hear the family either down the hall or next door to us have muffled conversations among themselves. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Montreal!
2 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
Andrea
"Great location. Great rate."
I stay here every time I go to Montreal. Great location. Hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. Would recommend to friends.
3 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
"Nice Hotel in the downtown area"
Nice hotel. Everything was fine but there was not much heat in the room. I had to ask for a portable heater to get it warm. Temperature was very cold outside and the coil heater was not generating enough warmth on its own. This is Montreal so I was surprised their heating system was not stronger.
2 night trip Jan 1, 2015
Feisal
Great hotel in a great location and do close to downtown. Huge rooms and everything you need. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Basement common room is brilliant
3 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Damian
"Hotel St Denis"
Very nice hotel and staff. Accommodations were great, yet I do wish they offered a breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Theresa
"Clean, cute, small hotel with comfy beds!"
Stayed here for 3 night couples getaway in January 2015. I was shocked by how comfortable the room was. Yes, it was small, but it had all the essentials I needed and was very clean. The bed was ridiculously comfortable as well. The hotel was right down the street from the metro station, which made getting around the city incredibly easy. It was on a quiet block of St. Denis with plenty to do within walking distance. I would absolutely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Great place to stay ! We had a room facing backyard, not the street, so it was very quite!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great location for a couple"
We were looking to stay a couple nights - Got this hotel for ~$70/night. Location is great and safe, but might get very shady towards the night, especially with snow and fog around. Not much to do inside the hotel. The room was a little smaller than expected, but perfect size for a couple. If you are with kids, I would not recommend the single room with king bed - probably their other options might be better.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Great find for reasonable price"
Hotel location is central to Old Montreal, Latin Quarter, the Village, downtown and Quartier des Spectacles. The main Berri/UQAM Metro is less than 5 min walk, and will take you anywhere. Hotel staff is great, parking is convenient half a block away for $16 per day underground. Rooms are large and comfortable, housekeeping impeccable. A rear facing room is very quiet. Funky lounge downstairs to chill and relax. Many restaurants 5 min walk up Rue St-Denis.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
WB
"Great location, Great sercvice, Great rooms"
Great location, close to all the bars and restaurants in Montreal. Close to just about everything. Service was wonderful and very informative. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Well kept up beautiful older building. I loved the big room in the basement very nice architecture
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
Tristan
This hotel exceeded my expectations. It was very clean, the staff was very helpful and convenient. The location was also very convenient. The Montreal subway is quite convenient so it's no problem getting anywhere downtown.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Excellent room!!"
We stayed this hotel for one night. Room was clean and bigger than I expected. Two double beds with couch, desk, bathroom, and separate toilet. And still had tons of space. One thing I didn't really like was the location. It is a bit walk from McGuill university area in cold weather. But you will not have hard time finding dining. There are tons of restaurants only 2 blocks away.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Yuks
"Great place"
The beds here are EXTREMELY comfortable. I think it may be one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. The front desk staff is very helpful. We asked about where to go for restaurants and nightlife. The hotel is located in a very nice area, and is within walking distance of most of the places that you'd want to visit in Montreal. The only downside is that there is no breakfast provided, but that's not that big of a deal since there are so many restaurants that are close. Also, you have to pay extra for parking.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Megan
"Hello again! Montreal"
It was great trip! wonderful parking lot even we paid.
2 night family trip Oct 27, 2014
Theresa
"Charming"
Eventhough the property is very old, it has been maintained and upgraded and is exceptionally clean. The staff is extremely helpful in all our encounters and questions. A suggestion is to have more up-to-date bed linens especially the bedspread
2 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
McKenna
"Downtown historic, but not too much so"
The hotel is a longstanding downtown building that has been kept up and newly appointed with amenities and attentive cosmetic reconditioning. This does mean though that those who are only comfortable with modern chain hotels, who might be put off with the occasional crack in the wainscotting or midcentury iron furnace, should know what to expect. The rooms are not large, but sufficient, comfortable, and a decent value for it's location. Although many rooms face St. Denis, noise is not much of a problem, as there is not a lot of morning traffic this far south. Metro and airport bus stop are a block and a half away. Really grew quite fond of the Latin Quarter area during my stay, 2 blocks away, with it's restaurants and bars. Hotel staff are professional, helpful and reliable. Booked the hotel twice during my visit.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"Not too bad"
The stay was fine..the room was clean. The hotel is old and has been updated to a good standard. It's in a sketchy part of downtown...but, the streets are full of activity til all hours of the night. Especially, on club weekend nights. I think for this hotel, the price is a bit too high...I used to stay at the Holiday Inn on Sherbrooke before, it was turned into student residence. I paid $127/night...location was better, room was much bigger and there was café/restaurant right in the hotel for convenience. I'll look more UP TOWN next time.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Would have given a 5 except....."
This hotel was in a great location, easy to find, the staff very friendly and I would have given it a 5 had it not been for the poor shower pressure, it barely dripped out. I value a good shower as part of a hotel experience, other than that, a very good hotel for the money.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Daddyball
Good hotel, comfortable room, good wifi connection, very convenient location in front of UQAM and next to the Quartier Latin. Rooms at the St-Denis street side are however somewhat noisy, despite windows isolation. No breakfast in the hotel, but easily available in the surroundings.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"A Day in Old Montreal"
We were initially impressed when the hotel staff answered our email question as to how to get there from the Amtrak Station. The answer was back to us in about 5 minutes! When we arrived we found a quaint hotel in an old building and were greeted by the friendly desk clerk. We found the entire hotel as well as the room clean. Our stay for two nights was very comfortable.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Bob & Angie
"Great place to stay for Latin Quarter-Le Village"
Great place. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Great set up for left luggage to place in huge lockers in basement. no need for locks or charge. The only thing is that if you are looking for French like or charming lobby atmosphere, this is not the place. This is a solid place to stay for travelers who wake up and roam the city with nearby transportation hubs. The 747 bus picks up right outside!!!!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
"Excellent price / Excellent service"
Would so stay there again. Girlfriend trip to see Montreal. Since we where just in our room to sleep and shower we didn't need any extras. Very clean, very friendly, and very closes to the metro/subway for site seeing. Neighborhood is not high end but felt very safe!!
4 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Good Staring Point"
Arrived earlier than expected, but Staff check us in ok. Parking is extra and around the corner in another building. Beware of all the one way traffic around the area. Hotel is on a one way street. Walked to Old Port and around Old Montreal without problem. Also close to Subway station, better use the subway than driving, parking is an issue. Lots of restaurants nearby. Hotel is not new, but clean, AC is working.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
k
"Don't let the exterior fool you"
What a lovely experience we had while staying here! The staff was very friendly and helpful and we loved our room as it reminded us of some of our experiences while in Europe. The hotel is centrally located and was the perfect location for all that we wanted to do. We had to pay extra for parking, which was not a problem and it was a secure lot, underground and adjacent to the hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Cath
"Close to POI"
Overall is fine. Housekeeping forgot to refill the coffee and water 2 days in a roll. Front Desk is friendly. Try to avoid the room facing the street and get higher floor. Could be noisy at night.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Tourist for 3 days
"great stay"
nothing fancy but everything was up to expectation
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Fan
"Not too bad."
Small, very clean and efficient hotel located in a very busy neighborhood. Only drawback is that it is located across from the University and gets a bit loud in the evenings.
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
"very convenient location to major attractions"
Everything was great, except for the broken shower head. Service was awesome, love the big room with hardwood floors and FREE bottle water. I hope they'll fix the shower, I will make it all 5 stars.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
bawel
"Great spot"
The hotel was close to everywhere. Wasn't very clean outside but the hotel and the room was very clean. Nice large room. Could of had better lighting in the room but I find that is true of many hotel rooms
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014