All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1254, Rue St-Denis, Montreal, QC, H2X3J6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Staring Point"
Arrived earlier than expected, but Staff check us in ok. Parking is extra and around the corner in another building. Beware of all the one way traffic around the area. Hotel is on a one way street. Walked to Old Port and around Old Montreal without problem. Also close to Subway station, better use the subway than driving, parking is an issue. Lots of restaurants nearby. Hotel is not new, but clean, AC is working.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
k
"Don't let the exterior fool you"
What a lovely experience we had while staying here! The staff was very friendly and helpful and we loved our room as it reminded us of some of our experiences while in Europe. The hotel is centrally located and was the perfect location for all that we wanted to do. We had to pay extra for parking, which was not a problem and it was a secure lot, underground and adjacent to the hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Cath
"Close to POI"
Overall is fine. Housekeeping forgot to refill the coffee and water 2 days in a roll. Front Desk is friendly. Try to avoid the room facing the street and get higher floor. Could be noisy at night.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Tourist for 3 days
"great stay"
nothing fancy but everything was up to expectation
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Fan
"Not too bad."
Small, very clean and efficient hotel located in a very busy neighborhood. Only drawback is that it is located across from the University and gets a bit loud in the evenings.
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
"very convenient location to major attractions"
Everything was great, except for the broken shower head. Service was awesome, love the big room with hardwood floors and FREE bottle water. I hope they'll fix the shower, I will make it all 5 stars.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
bawel
"Great spot"
The hotel was close to everywhere. Wasn't very clean outside but the hotel and the room was very clean. Nice large room. Could of had better lighting in the room but I find that is true of many hotel rooms
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Excellent stay!"
We had a wonderful stay at Hotel St. Denis! Excellent service, perfect location and comfortable and clean rooms. We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends. Loved the area! Thanks again!
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
Ivonne & Jose
"20 min walk to old Montreal"
Pro's- Nice hotel. Friendly staff. 20 min walk straight down Denis to water for old Montreal. Hop off and on Bus stops on St-Catherine 2 blocks away. Cons- Seedy area. Lots of bums and homeless beggars. would not let my wife walk alone!
3 night trip Aug 25, 2014
J Batel
Large, clean room with small refrigerator, TV, wifi, AC, coffee-maker. The bathroom was clean and roomy. I have no complaints. The hotel is very conveniently located on Rue Saint-Denis, very close to Rue Sainte-Catherine. It is a block away from the metro and from the bus to the airport. Staff was helpful. Nothing fancy but overall I would say a pretty good value. I would come back. The neighbourhood is great if you are looking for restaurants, bars and places to hang out. It is also a little grungy with its fair share of bums hanging on hte street corners. I never felt unsafe though.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
JessinDC
"Perfect, low-cost stay"
The room was clean. The staff was polite and helpful. The hotel is walking distance to much that Montreal has to offer. We will visit again.
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2014
Warren
"Can't beat it for the price"
I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of this hotel for the price. The location is great...you are surrounded by restaurants, and only a short walk from Old Montreal. The staff was super nice and helpful. I absolutely recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
"Clean hotel in a convenient location"
This hotel was perfect for what we were looking for. Reasonably priced for the area. Close to the metro stop. No continental breakfast but within walking distance of lots of restaurants on St.Denis street. English speaking staff were very helpful.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Chris A.
Great hotel and location and compare to the surroundings and other hotels, the price was reasonable...
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Osiris
At first they only spoke French to me and very little English which can be aggravating for both sides. Over all, the service was fine. I asked the front desk where the closest ATM that would be open at 2am was and they sent me to a building that has one inside but the building was locked which is always fun. Probably wouldn't stay here agin but it was fine for it's purposes
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Lindsay
Unique roon. Very nice.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Allan Conner
Excellent visit.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
Allan Conner
"Quaint hotel in the heart of the Latin Quartier"
Wonderful location right in the Latin Quarter. You are right in the thick of it on Rue St Denis and a short walk to the metro and a variety of other places. The rooms are a bit outdated, but my boyfriend and I were too busy having fun outside the room to care! The staff is very friendly, one of the girls at the front desk even lended us her personal bottle opener for our wine! If we are ever in Montreal again, we will most likely be staying here.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Emily
"Convenient"
Great location, right in the middle of the campus of UQAM, a walk away from the old town. Lots of nearby cafes for breakfast and lunch, close to downtown as well. Parking is around the corner from the hotel for an extra fee.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2014
"I would stay here again"
The staff was friendly. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel is a short walk to Old Montreal, restaurants/coffee shops, train station, hospital and a 15-20 minute walk to Mt Royal. Parking is around the corner from the hotel in a garage. The rate was reasonable for a downtown location. My only dislike is our room was on Rue Denis which was kind of noisy at night.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Short stay"
The hotel personnels were patient, friendly and knowledgeable of the city. The hotel was a walking distance to the main attractions. we were wary of characters looming about but safe if you stay in the major streets. We paid for overnight parking since the street signs are in French. Our stay was short but would love to come back and stay Again at this hotel st denis
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
bec1ky
"Perfect location in Montreal"
Hotel was very centrally located - walking distance to Old Montreal in one direction and lots of shops & restaurants the other way. Also easy walk to metro. We used the parking garage (right around the corner) and it was close and safe. Room was clean and bed was comfortable and a fridge in the room was a nice surprise. Nothing fancy from the outside but great location for visiting Montreal.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
first of all, we got a free up-grade, so what's not to like about that? Staff were friendly and helpful, there was an area where we could safely keep our bikes in-doors, the rooms were quiet, I liked the wood floors and the fact that the windows could open. The only thing I would have liked would have been a room safe, but overall, I was very happy with Hotel St Denis
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Dianne
"Nice boutique hotel - good location"
It is a nice little hotel and appears to be well maintained. Our room was nice and with decent accommodation. The bathroom is pretty small but manageable. Close to the Metro is a plus in this mega town.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
J-M Cote
Hotel is in an ideal location, right next to metro berri uqam which links with two lines. Room was small but comfortable. Would have been nice if it had a mini fridge. Ice machine was out of order for a couple of days.
4 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Hotel St-Denis a great value"
Caveat that we aren't looking for a Six Diamond experience, but rather a clean (that's foremost), comfortable, safe and friendly place to stay when we travel. In general, we look for 2-3 star hotels in Europe - the classic "tourist hotel," rather than luxury accommodation. Hotel St-Denis fits that bill more than adequately. This is our second stay and the rooms are very clean and basic but comfortably appointed. The staff is so very helpful -- this time, someone dug thru the lost and found to find a phone charger compatible to mine for use overnight. That level of helpfulness and service can be found outside of luxury hotels, along with clean and comfortable. If that's what you want, this is the place. Location is fantastic - walking easily to the restaurants of St-Denis, the Place des Arts (festival land), and metro one block away that is the major intersection of all metro lines in Montreal.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Jeanne
"Convenient location"
Clean and comfortable room. Great location. Near the Metro. 10 minute walk to the Arts District and Old City.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Very pleasant small hotel well situated to very good public transportation and within pleasant walking distance to many tourist destinations, shopping and the jazz festival. Very good value for money.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
A great clean room, would stay here again. a nice price per night.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Nice Hotel in Central Location"
Friendly helpful staff in central location. Rooms comfortable and clean. Convenient parking. Latin Quarter has many great restaurants and bars but also many homeless and borders on red light district. Overall area is safe and very convenient. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Great hotel!"
The hotel was very clean and the staff was professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. The location was also optimal as it was in a very centralized part of a youthful and vibrant college area (UQAM).
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Kurt
"Great location to walk to the old town"
A small, but very nice hotel. About 5-10 min walk to the old town of Montreal. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. They are not big rooms, but big enough for a stay in the city. The staff was very nice and the hotel has a garage for you car to park in (extra cost, but not bad) It is a great location to explore Montreal. Public transportation just around the corner.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Claudia
We had a wonderful time in Montreal while staying at Hotel St. Denis for 6 nights. The location is terrific, and the staff were all very accommodating. I especially enjoyed chatting with Nick in the mornings. The proximity of the hotel to many attractions, the Metro, dining, and shopping is excellent. I am sure to visit Montreal again, and will stay here again as well.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"In the Heart of Montreal"
A nice, clean, comfortable hotel in the center of the city. Just a 10 minute walk from the historic old town and a 15 minute bike ride from Mount Royal.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Don
"My go-to place in Montreal!"
It was marked as "great deal" in the Hotels.com listings for Montreal when I was looking. So, the somewhat better price did make it a "great deal". It met my needs entirely: location, helpfulness of staff; condition of room; two computer terminals, since I didn't take my laptop along; convenient parking. It was everything I wanted!
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Mother and adult daughter on vacation
"Poor"
Very poor hotel. Actually it's just a motel
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"very nice"
Clean, spacious, accommodating. Rooms on the street side are noisy, but I had no trouble sleeping.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Awesome place"
Fantastic hotel in the heart of the city. Walking distance from the waterfront and tons of restaurants and pubs nearby!
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
Paul C
"good, convenient, close to subway station"
very convenient; price is reasonable. Close to a shopping area (has supermarket and restaurants there)
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Faraway
"convenient to Latin Quarter"
Pleasant because of staff. Efficient and modest accommodations. Close to several good eats.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Decent hotel with good location"
This hotel has a good location since it is in the heart of Latin Quarter and is on Rue St Denis which is close to the interesting spots. Rate is good too. Problem is that hotel charges $16 daily for parking. It is possible to find some street parking close by but it can be inconvenient. The room is pretty averagely furnished and biggest probably is that there is no air conditioning or fan so in warm/hot weather it can be a problem. Experience with hotel staff was pretty uneven with most times they not being very helpful and seemed like they didn't really care about customers.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Nice hotel close to main metro and bus terminals"
The staff was very friendly and spoke English and French. We stayed 5 nights and they did a great job with housekeeping and always said hi/bonjour to us when we passed by the desk.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Chad
Great location, nice hotel. Pillows not to my liking - too hard, but otherwise great.
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Marian McDonald
"Saint-Denis near Old Montreal"
Great hotel. The only thing lacking is breakfast but you have cafés all around. Great location. A 20 minute walk down to Old Montreal. Right near all sorts of public transportation. Great wifi connection, too.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Great all around"
I enjoyed staying here very much! The hotel is in a perfect location to get most anywhere in the city. My travel preferences are location over hotel amenities, since I really only need a place to sleep. A Metro stop just two blocks over, a bus stop on the same block, and easy walking to many places make it a great choice. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was quite comfortable, and clean. I will definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again when visiting.
3 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Joey
"Hotel St. Denis"
I spent a few nights here and it was ok. If you've got the money though I'd stay somewhere else. The matress was soft and the tv remore didnt work. There was a beeping smoke detector my first night (though this did eventually get fixed). The location is great, although there is a scary alley right next to the hotel off of St. Catherine street where some poeple were hanging out. Perfect for younger travellers on a budget, but I'd look elsewhere if you require more comfort.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Ray
"Basic, clean, safe"
Can't beat this price, and the room has all the necessary basics. No in-room safe, the hairdryer was weak, and the parking garage was difficult to access, but at a double occupancy rate that's not much more than a hostel, I think this is as good as it gets.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"Great for the price"
The staff was amazing. Very nice. The surrounding area was OK. Lots of restaurants and lots of homeless.
3 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"Great Staff, Good Location"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I plan on staying here again when I come back to Montreal.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Great Stay will stay again"
We really enjoyed the hotel. We were surprised how big the room is, especially because the Lobby is small. The room was very clean. Hotel staff was very helpful. Though we all wished they had told us about the cool lounge area downstairs when we arrived we would have taken advantage of it! It is about a mile away from shopping and dining in the city....but that's an easy walk or cab ride away, and there is also the Metro...we are used to walking so didn't mind the stroll at all.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014