All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Bad pool
    Bad internet service
"Wish we could have stayed longer!"
We only stayed one night, but the room was adorable, the staff was wonderful, and the location is amazing. Lots of great little shops and restaurants right outside the door.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Classy, beautiful, Close to Everything!"
The check-in staff was great! All smiles, gave us suggestions on restaurants and shops in town, and were happy to direct us to the Maine State Pier for a concert we were going to that evening! Which it was a 10 minute, easy walk to that venue! we had a couple drinks at The Armory (inside the hotel) and they were delicious! The room was absolutely beautiful, and the bathroom was very clean. I am one who checks that before I do or look at anything else. I loved the historic aspect of the hotel as well. It used to be an armory for the state of Maine. I loved that they have dispensers inside the shower for body wash, shampoo and conditioner. I find that helpful as I have long hair and those little small bottles most hotels have are never enough. I was very happy with all aspects of the hotel, the location, and the surrounding area. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to the area. Enjoy!
Alicia
"well situated hotel located close to everything"
Hotel provided an excellent stay. Check in was quick and easy. I do recommend using the valet parking which made things smooth and the car was brought quickly when needed. The harbor was only 2 short blocks away, an easy walk, with lots of restaurants and shops nearby. I would highly recommend the North Point Restaurant which is right across the street from the hotel.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great location, uncomfortable beds"
We loved Portland. The hotel is charming and is in a great location. The beds however were horrible. They were way too soft. The first night we got about 2 hours of sleep. Upon complaining, they put three boards under each mattress to make them bearable (by early morning they were sunken again) and told us that it is not unusual for guests to complain about the beds. How about doing something about it?
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Mari
"Excellent location. You can walk to everything"
Great location we walked everywhere from there. Very courteous staff. Reasonably priced valet parking
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Perfect location"
Road trip with my daughter to explore Portland. This hotel is the absolute perfect location, whether you're there for business or pleasure...smack in the middle of everything! Service was fantastic, even brought a fresh pot of complimentary coffee to my room in the morning. Property is historic - the flip side of that is it's a little old, but still a fantastic stay!
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Elinor
Our sixth visit look forward to the seventh we are tired of Street&co wish your rest was better
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Barton
"Can't wait to go back!"
Great staff, and bartenders that know how to make a cocktail.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Great location, loved the outdoor cafe, the well-appointed bar, the bed and great pillows. Well worth a splurge to stay in a unique place!
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Miles and Mary
"Regency – thumbs up for the old port"
The regency is the best place to stay in the old port The staff is always friendly and helpful The rooms are nice and clean
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Not what we expected"
Room was VERY small. Pictures on the web can be very deceiving. Not happy with room and overall hotel but the customer service was exceptional! Received lots of help when trying to get out of our original reservation. Concierge was awesome as well. Informed us of a James Taylor concert at 7:10 and he was delivering us to the venue before 8:00!
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Christine
"Would stay there again"
Little loud (street noise). Great staff and very friendly. Perfect location!
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Wonderful stay, clean, friendly, great location in the heart of Portland. Within walking distance to concert we attended. Overall, a great place to stay! Would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
"Overnight Stay in Portalnd"
Stayed overnight on our way to a wedding. The staff was very accommodating giving us great suggestions on where to eat and helping to arrange a shuttle to our rental car. The hotel is located right downtown just off the waterfront area. Rooms are not super-large but more than enough room for a shorter-stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Adam
"Not worth it"
The front desk are very nice with Good manners. But after we arrival to our room it's totally disappointed us, the photos on the website is completely different interior of what i saw in my person. First, hotel is very old, we been placed a layer of underground room down to the lobby, we need to go through the stair and walk all the way down to hallway. inside the room light is very dark, there is only one window, so we did feel very uncomfortable. No refrigerator inside the room. Which I booked a double bed, but what in the room was two twin-size bed for four of us to stay. Inside the bathroom, shower gel and shampoos is not single one time use bottle, is the shared one which every guest can use. After I took a shower i felt itchy on my skin with whole night sleep. My hotel fee is $254 per night plus"tax recovery charges and service fees"+$63.53. I have no idea why they charged lots on service fee. First, the parking is not free, we paid $12 for extra parking fee. I though our breakfast is included, cause we paid the most higher fees than usual. When we are getting ready to order the breakfast on menu, I been hold by the reception only coffee and teas are free, and what we got is four finger size bread for four of us to shared. Are they feeding birds? That's what i got to paid with $330 stay in this hotel with one night experience. Very disappointed us..
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
"Romantic getaway for foodie enthusiastics"
Wonderful time An old charm hotel that well captures the spirit of Portland. Friendly and helpful staff. the SPA is excellent. It is located in the center of the alive old port district with faboulous restaurants and small shops in walking distance. We will be back for our anniversary
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Silvia
"A wonderful stay in the heart of Portland"
Friendly staff - wonderful room and showers - great restaurant
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Al
The location can't be beat. And the food at the hotel cafe was good too.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Perfect in every way!!!"
The Portland Regency is the perfect spot! Right in the heart of Old Port. Close to shopping, restaurants & BARS! Yet just far enough from the action that'll it's quiet. Close to Casco Bay, I love to run, so it was perfect to run along the bay up to the East Promenade. The hotel also has a cool bar - The Armory. It's kinda speakeasy-ish, really cool! My first time visit to Portland was absolutely perfect! I'd come back again and stay at the Portland Regency!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
kit
Peaceful stay and really pleasant hotel staff. Front desk and housekeeping service staff extremely polite. Would definitely return.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
S.
We had an amazing experience at the Portland regency. The rooms were very clean and beautiful and the staff were lovely.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great over night with friends"
Perfect location! The staff were kind and helpful. The valet gave us great recommendations and could not have been nicer. Room was very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Great location, great hotel. Complimentary coffee was delivered to my room promptly upon wake up at my requested time and that was a nice perk to this hotel. All the staff was friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Downtown"
Great stay. Nice and quiet. Close to everything. 12 dollar overnight parking. What a deal
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
this is a center city 4 star hotel. everything was as expected. I neglected to take a jacket when I left the hotel fed-exed it to me. first class operation.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"expected more"
was not a bad experience, and understood it is an old, beautiful historic building......but the walls do not have much of a sound barrier and there were people out in the hall around 5am, not being overly noisy, but it was more than enough to wake us up. Would also have like a coffee maker in the room. It is an expensive property most of the time and just expected a nicer room. The rest of the hotel including the lounge was very nice, very pretty and the staff was very courteous.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
debby
"Lovely stay"
Great service, great location.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Loved the complmentary coffee!"
Complimentary coffee to your front door on a tray with a Danish! Bed turn down Love those little extras ,
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Location Location Location"
This hotel was all and more than we expected. When we arrived we were greeted pleasantly and felt welcomed right away. The room was perfectly located and meticulous. Walking distance to the harbor with the many restaurants, pubs and shops made it the ideal location for us. We like to be able to leave our car parked and walk to the various venues. This was perfect. We will return.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Charlotte
"New England vacation"
We had never been to Maine so it was a new experience. We really loved Portland and the Regency was the perfect location. It is 2 blocks from the Long Wharf and many other interesting activities. We plan to go back next year and we will definitely stay at the Regency again.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Sibby
"Perfect Boutique Hotel!"
A first rate hotel in the perfect location! It was so lovely to return to our beautiful room after a day of walking around Portland. The lounge was great and so was our AMAZING breakfast the following morning in the restaurant! Highly recommend!
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"Good location ,over priced"
Average acommodations,we found it overpriced, it lacked.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Flat tire? No problem!"
We had a nice, uneventful stay at the Portland Regency, although we did not eat any meals there. The climax, however, was when the valet parking head called to tell us that our car had a flat tire. He and his assistant changed the tire for the spare, identified the nail that had caused the flat and told us that we could probably drive on our spare (which was actually a regular tire) as it was in good shape. They stemmed the tide of anxiety we felt about dealing with this crisis and continuing our drive up north. Many thanks!!
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Excellent, affordable hotel"
This was a wonderful hotel, exceeding expectations in every way with the exception of Internet access, which was average. Hotel staff were very friendly and engaging.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Christopher
"Some things are overlooked or missing."
Hotel staff was friendly, but ordinary rooms lack very basic amenities (coffee maker, mini fridge, etc). Phenomenal location, good decor, wonderful lounge. However, one of the several nights I stayed they decided to do construction inside the hotel at 7am. The constant banging for 4hrs was not conducive to sleep, and none of the hotel staff warned us or apologized for this! Horrifying.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Seth
"Beautiful hotel in a perfect location"
The Regency is beautiful, comfortable, friendly and in a perfect location. Stayed only one night, but I look forward to returning and wouldn't stay anyplace else.
Other trip May 5, 2015
getaway
"The Portland Regency - FABULOUS!!!!"
I am a totally satisfied customer, especially when I visit The Regency in Portland, Maine. I have been coming to this hotel for years. Each time I stay at The Regency is like the very first time - Spectacular!! The staff is Exceptional! They go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Staff is most helpful in suggesting and making dinner reservations, providing directions, or just giving out helpful information. The accommodations are Terrific! And have you tried out the Spa? It is a must! There is no other hotel in Portland, Maine that meets the quality and service that The Portland Regency provides. It is the best Portland has to offer!!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
Virginia
"BEST!"
Fantastic historic building, attentive friendly and knowledgeable staff, great neighborhood, great accommodations and amenities!
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
Drew
"Nice relaxing getaway with my boyfriend"
Loved the complimentary coffee and pastries in the morning! The room was delightful, as was the spa.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Chelsea
"my trip"
It was really relaxing
1 night trip Apr 14, 2015
renneiss
"Beautiful and classic"
I felt like I was in another time in this hotel. The beautiful antique decor was breathtaking. The location is fantastic. Right in walking distance of everything. Even the hotel valet. $12.00 for overnight parking...What a bargain.The staff were all amazing and friendly and accomodating. I will absolutely come here again!!
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Sandy
"Nice but noisey"
This hotel was superb from the time we were greeted by valet to the staff pulling down your sheets and drawing your shades at night! They left a nice chocolate by your bedside with the next days predicted forcast. The room was cleaner then some nicer hotels I've stayed in. The bathroom was gorgeous. Everything was spot on!!! Until 8:30 am arrived. And it was noisier then some hotels I've stayed at in Times Square. You can hear everything. Car alarms going off. Maintenance chatting in the halls. Doors are heavy so they slam shut. It was not the most peaceful morning. But nonetheless I enjoyed my stay and would stay again despite the noise because it was so perfectly located.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Steph
"Great Portland location"
Very nice hotel close to the water and city center.
5 night trip Apr 2, 2015
Debra
"Great staff"
The staff was spot on, however the room was loud and bathroom was not up to par.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Aaron
It was great awesome time hotel is old school and very close to everything great location and staff
"Great choice of Portland hotels"
Staff was extraordinary, extremely helpful and friendly. Location is wonderful, right in the old Port, walking distance to all the highlights. Valet parking was great. Some very cool old architecture, nice just to walk around and enjoy the building.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
amazing!!!! hotel staff and accommodations were "bar none"
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Wonderful stay"
This was our second time at the Regency and I love this hotel. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast from the dining room was excellent.Staff was very polite and friendly. The spa was very nice too! Love that its right in the heart of Portland.
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Emily
"Great."
Everything was great.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Very good location"
The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel was located in the center of old port area, could walk to everywhere a tourist wants to go.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2015