All hotels in Gresham, Oregon, United States of America
1572 Ne Burnside Rd, Gresham, OR, 97030, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.8
"Decent hotel for price, but far from everything."
The hotel was selected for the price. The comfort was good enough to put your head down at night. The main reason for this trip to Oregon was a wedding in the Portland area, and thus this hotel was chosen for proximity to the wedding. On the other hand, because the ceremony and reception was in the late afternoon to night on Saturday, we flew in a day early to tour the Portland area, and flew home on Sunday night. For a wedding in Gresham, the hotel is situated just fine. To get to downtown Portland took about 30 minutes via car. Gresham was closer to the Multnomah Falls and the Columbia River Gorge, and was again about 30 minutes via car. Both distances are with little to no traffic. As we were limited time to tour around, it was a scheduling issue in order to see everything around Portland. The way that our trip was scheduled was we landed in the late morning on Friday, and then went straight to the Columbia River Gorge to see the area. Then we finished by going back to the Hotel. The difficult part about getting to the hotel was that it was far away from the highway, and there were many left and right turns to get to it. Although this made for a quite area to rest, it did make it hard to get to and from, especially when you are tired from walking around all day. In closing, I would recommend this hotel to a friend, should time not be an issue. It is just a bit far from the sites, and being able to stroll back to your hotel within the town might be nice.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Charlee
at check in had to give credit card for an additional100 deposit. Now I get to check and make sure it was refunded properly. I have never had to do this before in all the years I've stayed at motels. No refrigerator, no microwave, limited channels on the tv breakfast consisted of stale English muffins toast or waffles with one syrup. three guests two towels. no elevators really not really and enjoyable bargain in my book. Room smelled and shower curtain did not keep water from getting the floor wet. Will stay elsewhere next time.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2014
"more like motel, not hotel"
typical too soft bed, noisy rooms with thin walls and ceiling. very little breakfast, no fruit. room was big but little furniture, seemed like something missing. very little choice on the tv that kept buzzing. I will be looking for a different place to stay next time. did have a restaurant within walking distance.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
JD
"just right"
We never had to move our truck, we walked to the max which was about one block, a pick up and a drop off right there, you can't beat that !!
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
Barb
"Value Hotel"
Room was reasonably clean, pillows were lumpy, service was ok, location was convenient for us.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Convenient to my " places""
Really needs updating! Air conditioner was probably 30 years old. Tattered chair coverings, and you can literally, see through the sheets! Bed was very comfortable though. Asked for fridge but never got it. Assumed there would be microwave too, but no.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
cathy
I would not recommend this hotel
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
young
"No Frills But Clean"
We were there for a quick stop over. It's not fancy, a little dated, but most things had a fresh coat of paint, and most importantly, it was clean.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Nice people...nasty place"
Seems like a family just bought it and trying to make it better. But they have a long way to go. It needs a lot of work.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
dissapointed
"Horrible experience"
Room was filthy, carpet stained with dark red and brown patches, wet spots when we walked in, air conditioner dripped all over the floor. Room smelled of vomit, shower was dirty and barely worked, toilet ran constantly. Noisy apartment building behind the rooms, lots of foot traffic through the alley between the two. Next room over had screaming all night. Asked for a room change and were denied, originally booked two nights, denied a refund for the second night despite the room condition.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
No one told us you had to put 100$ damage deposit down and as a older couple didn't know we would do damage to any ware. Than they lost our 100$ deposit they did find it about 15 minutes later . Breakfast was now good
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
chris
"Family Vacation"
Great room for the price, and very easy to locate the hotel. Customer service was excellent at the hotel, we forgot some items and they provided those to us. Breakfast was a little small, but it worked. If you are looking for something to fill you up considerably there are plenty of breakfast joints around. Overall great stay :)
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Kris
"Nice folks, older hotel"
at 10:30pm, the upstair toilet overflowed, leaking into our room. A new room was not offered, but the older gentleman came and wiped up the water. We didn't get any hand towels the second day, but we werem't really there much. The shower was strong and hot, the towels were clean, the bed was comfortable. We would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Reasonable rates close to Portland"
We were only there overnight; booked this location because Google said that it was 7 miles from our destination of Washougal, WA. We were frustrated to learn that it was actually 35 miles from there; this could have caused significant problems if not for our rechecking directions the night before the event. Nice hotel, but Google/Expedia need to check their accuracy.
The room was nice and big it didnt feel cramped like most hotels do.only issuesi had was the ac unit barely worked, the water preasure wasnt too great, the wifi was weak and they didnt enforce the closing time on the pool. We were right next to the pool and at 10:30 we could hear people in the pool that was suppose to be closed at 9, luckily they werent too loud and wake my children up.the wifi we figured we had to be further from the router and thus week signal.but it was great other than that.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Emily
"Nice and Quite"
Our stay was short but enjoyed each night. Staff was friendly and courtious. Quick and easy check in, Room was very clean and well kept. The only "down-side" is breakfast is from 7-9am and we needed to leave for the day before that so an earlier breakfast time would have been nice. Otherwise very satisfied with our choice of this hotel. Will recommend to friends and family.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Rebecca
"Swim parents"
The room did not have a microwave or a fridge. The hall stunk. And the breakfast was not available till 0700...
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Swim Dad
"Easy, convenient location"
West side rooms are quiet. Rooms are large but minimally furnished - they do have refrigerator, microwave, but are very picky about extra towels, etc. Breakfast is minimal except they do offer waffles.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great Check-in Personal !"
Comfortable, clean, quiet ! Location was easy to find, Rooms were clean, pool looked well maintained. Could have restock cups in room but over all stay was reasonable. Restaurants are near or with in walking distance a plus.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Bev Jensen
"Average hotel"
The staff was friendly. The hotel was as expected.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Really needs updating"
I've never stayed at a hojo's before, so I did not know what to expect. It was pretty old but I can honestly say I had a good nights sleep. Maybe out of sheer tiredness. It was just really old, kind of like when I was a kid road tripping with my parents back in the late 80's... It's like time standing still.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
muuuuu
"Great place if headed to Portland by plane, train,"
Across the street from the Cleveland Ave. Gresham MAX station. Good restaurants within a short walk.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Not bad for the price"
Overall, the stay was good. Started off on a bad note...even with a prepaid reservation, they overbooked. So, we got a queen bed Handicap access room, instead of the King bed room I booked. They apologized, but no rate reduction or anything else. Room was clean, but old (peeling wallpaper, holes in the top of the nightstand, etc.). The breakfast was just cereal, bagels and waffles, so we didn't eat there...but it smelled good.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Hidden charges"
I was very upset when I checked in and found out that they were going to have to authorize $100 additional. When I made the reservation over the phone with Howard Johnson they said there would not be any additional charges needed to stay. At check in after agreeing for the charge they said that it would go off my card as soon as I checked out. Though when I checked out the said that as soon as housekeeping finished the would take the charge off but the it would be about 1-2 business days before funds would be released. So two days later still don't have the $100 back and can't put gas in my car or buy food for my family. Thank you for all your honesty Howard Johnson please get your stories straight and disclose all fees so that people can plan for it.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"the hotel was old and not kept up."
The hotel was just a hotel you can tell that they were just getting the money with out putting much back in to keep things up. The room smelly like smoke so we had to change room. it really needs a minor overhaul to really make people want to go back the bed had a ring of dirt around it ,pillows really flat . The free breakfast was very disappointing so we went out to eat.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
allen
Very low customer service. Frugal staff.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
Traveler
"family trip"
Room was old and not very pleasant. Breakfast was scarce. When we asked for more coffee, they told us they didn't and wouldn't make any more for us. I will not be coming back to this hotel ever.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
mares family
"Decent room, rude staff"
We stayed at the hotel because of convenience of location to our event and price. The room itself was nice, but the staff was horrible. We booked a room for two, ended up with three as my son came with us. We expected to pay an extra $10 or something, but not only did they make us pay that amount, but then they demanded that we put down a $100 deposit as well. What in the world was THAT all about? We are in our 70's, and my son almost 50 --- did they think we had gang affiliation or something? They were pretty rude. But, the room itself was ok.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Arkie
"Shabby not Chic"
The room was clean, but bedding was shabby. Blankets looked like what you buy at a discount store for $5.00 and then melt in the dryer beds were lumpy. Left the room to find the icemaker and the signage had me running up a floor got there and was directed back down a floor realized the desk clerk was following me and staring. Most annoying was that I prepay my room online they took my card charged it $100.00 told me it would be refunded by noon on checkout took 3 days to refund.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Only So So"
We were greeted by a woman with very low English skills. Then we were told we had to pay a $100.00 deposit to make sure we didn't smoke in the room. It is now two days later and I still don't see my refund on my charge account. The room was fine although fairly old and needs updated.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
marsha
"was ok but a little distance to events"
The bed way to hard and the bathroom sink would not drain properly. The lady at the desk was understanding and very helpful.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Inez
"Find a different budget hotel"
We stayed at the Howard Johnson for one night on our way to see the Columbia River Gorge. Despite the decent room rate, I would choose a different budget hotel (there are many) in Gresham next time. When we walked into our room, there was a dirty towel next to the sink. I think this signified that they were doing maintenance on the sink, because no water came out of the sink, and the little that did was a brown trickle. Because we arrived late at night, we were too tired to ask for a different room. The shower was slightly better, but in the morning it too was running slightly off-color. I brought this up with management the next morning and asked for a partial refund. He blamed it on the City working on the water. I think it would have been appropriate for him to mention it during our check-in, but he didn't. Without clean, running water, we might as well have been camping. Management would not give us a partial refund for the lack of basic services like clean water. He made me write out my comment on a tiny piece of scrap paper, and that was it. I later called Howard Johnson Customer Service to see what they could do. They gave my contact information to management at this local branch, but I have not heard back. So please, if you want a cheap hotel, check yourself into a Motel 6 or Days Inn nearby. Management here is awful and uncaring of basic conditions, like letting their guests know that there is no clean water available.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Bad Customer Service"
I didn't expect too much from this hotel in regards to quality, but I was most bothered by the hotel staff and customer service. They were very rude overall. Breakfast ended at 9am and at 9:03am , one of the staff members asked us to hurry up. We couldn't believe that we weren't even allowed to finish our breakfast in the sitting area. All interactions, with hotel staff were less than satisfactory. In addition to poor customer service and poor breakfast (it was basically bread and folgers coffee), the bathroom didn't work, our keys locked us out after the first day, and the floors were filthy. Would definitely not stay here again.
3 night trip May 21, 2014
"Economical option - Just to crash for the night"
We had driven down from Seattle to Portland for a concert which ended at 10:30 pm in the night. So we needed a place to crash before we could drive back the next morning. The hotel is about 30 mins away from Portland downtown and is a very economical option. The city of Gresham seemed a little dead in the beginning, but it's actually a quaint little place with most of your necessities close to the hotel.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Anupama
"Room"
Price was very Reasonable ! Room was clean and comfortable-- but they could use a new blanket in the room I was in as it had a hole and was pretty worn out .
2 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"very convenient"
Stayed here since it was very close to MAX rail station. SO convenient. And Elmer's restaurant was next door as well. Motel is older but just fine for our purposes. Left before lobby opened for food service there ,so I can't comment on that.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Bonnie
Great
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
audrey slavich
"terrible customer service"
Very uncomfortable because the setting of the hotel is very unfriendly since I have a lot of family living at Portland all of them want to visit me and the employees were very rude and unfriendly and everyone needed a key to enter the building. This setting is very outdated ...for om he very beginning I felt very unwelcome .. The fron desk was acting like was something wrong with my reservation...
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
Fer
"Very amiable staff"
I was attending a state scholarship finalist function at the Gresham Elks Lodge and the location of this motel was very convenient.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Not many guests...."
The hotel manager seemed to be stalking us...whenever we left the room for ice or other things he would appear, not to interact, just kind of creepy. Breakfast was sparse - no fruit,coffee was weak and limited in supply, had to request more waffle batter every day, even though they knew we were 4 adults. Also had to request FULL rolls of toilet tissue and towels for 4. Location was the main reason for this choice but will not likely return in the future.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Clean and confortable, convenient location for Gresham
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"good stay"
Very clean, excellent staff.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"Horrible hotel"
This was the second time in a row I was not happy with Howard Johnson. I will not stay at a Howard Johnson again. The "continental breakfast" was not much at all. Just cereal and toast. That is not a continental breakfast. Was not worth the money.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Erika
"Older hotel but clean."
Staff was always curtious and helpful. Would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Short Breakfast"
The hotel was fine. The breakfast was meager and it was from 7-9 and they mean it is OVER at 9. We were asked to move from the actual breakfast room to the lobby so they could clean up and close the room with a chain-link closure! Weird especially since it was nothing to write home about!
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
C&CE
"Regimented But In A Good Way"
The hotel was very accommodating! The breakfast was scant and very limited hours! At 9:00 am we were asked to remove ourselves from the room and it was cleaned up and a chain was placed till the next morning!! But the people were nice and the place was spotless! Room was spacious but had no refrigerator or microwave! Would stay there again but make sure to get up in time for breakfast!
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
C&CE
"Close to Mt Hood"
Moldy shower and the breakfast was kinda a joke but the price was AMAZING!!!!!
2 night trip Oct 8, 2013
brian
"Ok stay"
Our overall stay was pretty good. We mostly just slept there while visiting friends. My only complaint is that when I asked for 3 towels because there was only 2 in the room, I asked how many were in our room which was 4 so I was only given 2 towels instead of the 3 I asked for. I was very disappointed as we were staying for 2 nights.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"On the Cheaper Side"
Hotel has definitely gone downhill and everything is done on the cheap. Breakfast was minimal - room was clean, but definitely could use some upgrades and not at all impressed. Won't be returning
4 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Just what we needed"
All we wanted was a clean room to sleep and shower, we got just that for a reasonable price.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013