All hotels in Kings Langley, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereHunton Park, Essex Lane, Hunton Bridge, Kings Langley, England, WD4 8PN, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"very plesant and helpful staff"
it was very relaxing after a day round London, sitting in the gardens with a refreshing drink. The staff were extremely helpful when I asked for the best way into london
1 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2014
phill
"On doorstep for Warner studios"
Good location for our visit to the studios. Pay extra for breakfast but didn't have time because of our leaving early. No rapid checkout option, good free wifi, quiet well equipped rooms
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Home from home"
From the time of booking to check out, The De Vere is a lovely stay. The relaxed atmosphere and the very helpful and kind staff. I enjoyed my time at this hotel. Would recommend for a relaxed stay.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Hot and Stuffy but beautiful settings."
The service and amenities were great. I know it was a hot day but every room in the hotel was stuffy and the bedroom unbearably so...There was a fan but the window didn't open more than a few inches. We asked for an ice bucket to cool some drinks but they were all being used at a wedding. The breakfast room was airless and there seemed to be too many chairs crammed round each small table but the food was good and plentiful. A mixed bag.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Mrs F
"Fantastic"
Hotel was perfect, stunning building and amazing grounds. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The food in the bar was fantastic, I couldn't fault the place!
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Marc
"Hidden Gem"
After a hard day working in an area not visited before - it was with some surprise we arrived at such a relaxing venue. Food and staff were lovely but room was a little too warm - no aircon!
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Mags
"Lovely motel"
Lovely motel pleasant staff but not easy to get to on public transport
2 night trip May 31, 2014
"Great Hotel in fantastic grounds"
Everything about our stay, although it was short was good. Our room was of adequate size, with a comfortable bed and spotlessly clean. I can recommend the 'all you can eat' Breakfast, the food was good quality and well cooked. Service was impeccable. Free tea and coffee at the coffee station is a brilliant idea. All together, a good result
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Rick & Val
"Brilliant"
My friend and me loved it, staff smashing, facilities smashing breakfast yummy...... We will definitely come again. Thank you.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
This was a well presented hotel in a set aside area very much away from the hustle and bustle of life. On arrival the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Unexpectedly I was placed in a room for persons that have disabilities which I hope did not disadvantage any other persons seeking accommodation. I appreciate this may have been due to at the time the limited availabilities of rooms during a busy time. I managed to take advantage of a reduced offer in order to stay which gave me a good feel and taster for a casual stay. I will be re-attending this nice location again. I strongly recommend that other members of the public try this location also.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Rich
"Nice hotel in pretty grounds"
Very welcoming and staff were extremely friendly . Room was clean and comfortable and the swimming pool was great
Other trip May 28, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed the stay, friendly welcoming staff on reception and in restaurant and bar. Only thing - there was a wedding on at the same time and the rooms are not soundproofed. The only thing that spoiled the stay was lack of sleep provided by thoughtless guests banging doors and having conversations outside our room in the early hours of the morning. That, however, is not the fault of the hotel which was a lovely venue in a fantastic location.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Yorkie1956
"Great hotel near to Harry Potter Studio Tour"
Really enjoyed it, recommend garden view as it was lovely and so relaxing. Swimming pool isn't open on a Sunday which wasn't mentioned. Breakfast lovely. 15 mins from Watford town centre where you can find a wether spoons if you want it. Pillows are a bit soft and bed a bit hard but it's no problem for a sort stay. Great breakfast facilities!
Other trip May 20, 2014
Mandy
"Great location for Warner Bros Studio Tour"
We based ourselves at Hunton Park so that we could visit the Warner Bros Studio Tour which is a 5 min car journey away, so the location was perfect for our needs. The hotel itself is located within spacious grounds and was peaceful. I was really impressed by the staff who couldn't do more to help us and checked that we were enjoying ourselves. The room itself wasn't huge but it was clean and had all the amenities you'd need, with comfy bed and bath/shower. We ate at the restaurant on the Friday evening. Initially I was a little concerned that they were only offering a buffet meal, but my worries were to prove unfounded as the food was delicious with dishes we both liked. The service was second to none. The buffet style breakfast was also excellent. The hotel also has a smallish pool and we were able to go for a relaxing dip after our day out. Do I have any gripes? Not really. One minor issue was that our room door rattled a bit when a draught blew through, but this didn't concern us greatly. Also, the "trim trail" didn't appear to be very well signposted - "Follow the black arrows" but there weren't any. Suggestions? Perhaps an extra pillow in the rooms (for those of us who like to be "propped up" whilst sleeping). Overall, a fantastic stay and I would highly recommend it.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2014
Adam
"Hotel for pre warner bros studio tour"
Great hotel, stayed for one night before Warner bros studio tour. Bar food was great and with the weather the grounds were amazing.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
CC
"Amazing break"
This is an absolutely delightful hotel for a one night break. The location and the surroundings are absolutely beautiful. The service and the staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I agree with another reviewer that the doors of the rooms were very noisy but it did not spoil the stay.
1 night trip with friends May 4, 2014
"Comfortable bed"
Stayed here on the way to Aylesbury after late arrival into London Gatwick. Arrived about 0100 hrs so didn't see much of hotel. Grounds looked spectacular driving up to the old house but you don't stay there. We were put into a disabled room even we didn't need it but were too tired to care. The walls are incredibly thin and we were very conscious of any noise we made Breakfast was extra at £10.50 per head and finished at 0930 which was too early for us. Average hotel wouldn't bother again.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
RickA
Enjoyed my stay. Only one complaint there was no mirror near the hair dryer or plug. Otherwise a lovely hotel. Pool was great. I will stay there again.
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Our stay was really lovely food was good, there wasn't much on the hotel restaurant menu to our liking but we went to the bar the second evening and had a very nice meal there. The room was very clean with a good bath and shower, only thing I would have liked is a light that is more central in the room because at times it felt a little dark in the room. Apart from that we had a wonderful time
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Very disappointed"
Wireless internet did not work, very noisy hotel, doors slamming all night and walls so thin. Very cold ensuite. Shower very poor. No fridge. Excellent location but comfort of room very bad, although clean. Complained about internet but told nobody else ever complained. No sound proofing, could hear every noise from the room next door. Very surprised as the hotel was quite expensive.....
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
PapaJayce
"Don't be fooled by the pictures"
On all the websites this hotel is shown as quite a grand country house, don't be fooled you will not be staying there. You room is in a extension that resembles a sheltered residential home. The rooms are tiny, cramped, basic and the beds are very uncomfortable. I guess for the money it's ok but just don't expect the grand country house. Location is excellent for Harry potter studios but I really would consider staying at a premier inn where the rooms are more comfortable for similar price.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Brilliant hotel, excellent staff and facilities!"
The bar and restaurant were brilliant, and that's not even including the staff who were so polite. Rooms were lovely and clean. Close to the harry potter studios, one of the best hotels I've stayed in by far!
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Average stay"
The Hotel was OK, but noise at night was bad, banging of doors, and other being very inconsiderate partly during the small hours of the morning.
3 night trip Mar 27, 2014
The Room was cold as the radiator needs bleeding Rm 46 the room furthest from reception. Also there is years of dust and fluff behind the radiator that needs a simple vacuum. This would have been mentioned at the time of my stay if I had been asked when checking out!!! Other than these 2 annoying items the hotel is good.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2014
"Small friendly hotel"
Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great value, rooms comfortable and modern. Slightly on the small side but otherwise great.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Graham
"Nice grounds, quiet and peaceful"
Clean, quiet, and close to Watford. Pool small but not busy and quiet grounds
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Lara
"Nice hotel and perfect location"
A very nice hotel, staff are very friendly and polite. Perfect location for Harry potter tour, and great if you are driving. Food is very nice in the hotel but breakfast is quite expensive. The only problem was our hotel room was red hot all night the first night, with no way of controlling this. after that we made sure the window was open for a good few hours on an evening before going to bed which seemed to do the trick.
3 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
"A hidden suprise"
Very comfortable in a quiet secluded location. Breakfast is extra but there is free tea and coffee and a popcorn machine in the bar. Amazing and the room was very comfortable
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
"The Staff make this Hotel"
The Staff really do make this hotel, absolutely excellent each of them and clearly well looked after. The Hotel itself is a very pretty sight and the room was perfectly laid out, a few signs of wear and tear and a disappointment on bits of mold beginning to show on the window frames - something a little elbow grease could get of quite easily! Everything else was totally perfect, a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
AB
"would stay again"
would stay again but would hopfully try the swimming pool next time.
2 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
Wayne
"Convenient hotel"
Good basic hotel - not the standard of many other DeVere's but perfectly acceptable for my one night business stay. Care: hotel room choice on this site said double bed or alternatively twin beds and free wifi. On arrival they confirmed that all rooms have wifi and I could not swap to a double bed as they were fully booked. I would much rather have a double bed but I needed the wifi so booked the twin which I need not have done
1 night trip Feb 3, 2014
Fish
"Nice but not what we had hoped"
The rooms were comfortable and clean but we were woken several times in the night by the other hotel room doors that bang very loudly as guests went in and out. The pool was not very warm and there were no towels available for us to use there despite this being advertised. The unisex changing room was a bit dingy and there were no lockers for our things. The staff were lovely and helpful, just a shame about the other things.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Great Location for the WB film Studios"
Nice hotel great location for the film studios, rooms could do with a make over but all in I can recommend my stay and a great price
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Harvey
"Overnight Stay"
The hotel was generally satisfactory but there were a few issues that could usefully be addressed. The bath water was nice and hot but the taps in my room had no markings to indicate 'Bath' or' Shower'; 'Hot' or 'Cold'. A freezing jet of cold water on the back of the neck from the shower was not particularly welcome when I was trying to fill the bath! The bath was also the shortest I've been in for some time. The beds were reasonably comfortable but the duvets seemed very short (I'm 6ft). The staff were acceptable but didn't make me feel that they were treating me as an individual (we arrived late at night though). All-you-can-eat breakfast was good for the price. Overall, acceptable overall.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Thrasher
A heavy metal cot stand fell on my head. I think it was propping open the meeting room door! I hurt my leg and could not walk properly for a few days or drive a car. A cucumber and tuna sandwich was made with stale bread.
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
"good hotel for harry potter tour"
Friendly and efficient reception, lovely room, small but comfortable, soft towels and everything clean
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
Col
"Comfortable stay"
First thoughts on arrival were pleasing, beautiful hotel! Well manered service on a simple check in. Comfort of the beds and the cleanliness of the room took the attention away from it not being overly spacious, nothing to complain about though! Shame we couldn't have spent more time there to make the most of the nice looking pool area. Despite their being a party further down, the bar was pleasantly quiet even if the price of drinks did mean I only had one, rather pricey. Good service and an enjoyable breakfast in the morning. Lovely hotel.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Mr A DOBLE
"Great location for Warner Bros Studios!"
A great value hotel with clean facilities and excellent location.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2013
"A good quality hotel at a reasonable price"
The staff were friendly and very helpful. Everything was as one would expect from this grade of hotel. Only two slight issues - the car parking space is a bit limited and our room was a bit cold when we first went in.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2013
Retrired couple
"serves a purpose"
Great location to get to St Albans. Our room had double bed squeezed into it and was very hot. Reception blamed bath towel rail which was on timer for all rooms and we could not control. Slept with window open all night. In my my opinion the hotel needed renovation as most dwcor beginning to look datwd and tired.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Misleading pictures"
The pictures make out your staying in a country house, well your not. The rooms are just big enough for a double bed. Only one bedside cabinet, the bath needed replacing as it looked broken and the glass never sealed so when you showered the floor became wet. The radiator never worked so the room was cold all night. The restaurant was under staffed and we waited 20 mins for order to be taken then another 45 mins for starter to turn up, the wine turned up watered down with soda water. Would not stay here again, very disappointing.
1 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2013
D.J
I booked this at short notice. The room was comfortable and very clean, just what I wanted.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
"Good Hotel"
Good hotel though can understand how others would be disappointed with not getting a room in the old house pictured on the website. Having been to this hotel before for meetings/conferences I knew what to expect and got exactly that. Hotel pool is slightly disappointing if you're expecting to swim length after length and lack of sauna or jacuzzi is disappointing. The hotel would benefit from these and fitness facilties. That said the hotel is absolutely fine for an overnight stay with good breakfast the following morning in pleasant surroundings.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2013
Excellent location close to M25. Reception was accessed down two flights of steps.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Dobbo
"Great place to stay for a night"
This hotel is rather different from the photos with a large modern extension on the side of a period building. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was modern, clean and well appointed with kettle, iron and good TV. The setting is quiet and the hotel has large grounds that seperate it from the road, provide ample parking and somewhere to take breath of fresh air.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Only in emergencies!"
Rooms much to small, not clean... You will stay in a building next to the beautiful house the you see mostly on the pictures
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"Beautiful grounds"
We loved the grounds and the setting, but the room was a little cramped and very hot (because the sun came around on that side of the building). We asked for a layout of the property. Not available. We felt that the hotel was intended for wedding guests and business guests, not for holiday makers like us. One of us had a mobility problem so the steep steps down to reception were rather challenging. Nice quality, excellent staff, food not particularly interesting for us. Would we re-visit ? Probably not.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Mrs Mac
"excellent stay"
it was the best stay we have had in a uk hotel, the free tea/coffee area we found a really good idea, I think the only down side was that there wasnt enough shower soap and shampoo in the room especailly if you are making full use of the facilities at the hotel.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Very stylish hotel"
I stayed here with my husband, for one night. Beautiful grounds and lovely hotel. Our room was perfect. Bed was very comfy. A fan was also supplied. Booking a weekend break for us both now. I slept so well but my other half complained of doors slamming through the night. I did here this in the morning. But it didn't spoil my stay. Next time I will be sampling all the things I didn't have a chance to this time round. Thank you for a lovely nights sleep.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Minniebo
Booked this hotel for a trip to "The Making of Harry Potter". It was perfectly situated being just a few minutes drive away. Our room was comfortable with good garden view. We ate in the hotel restaurant on Saturday evening - the meal was great and excellent service.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013