All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1101 Lighthouse Avenue, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Pacific grove romantic getaway"
Nice place close to where I needed to be , perfect for touring the coast and close to our family in pacific grove , shopping in caramel great as well
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Greg
Very nice and comfortable. But the jacuzzi was to hot.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2014
The interior of the rooms is newly renovated. The building itself is not very sound insulated and you can hear your neighbors. Overall l am very satisfied for the price.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"A nicely cared for motel"
We had a wonderful stay in Monterey recently and enjoyed our room at the Sea Breeze Lodge. The room had been recently remodeled and had a very nice bathroom with stone tile floors and shower. The room was lovely with designer colors and nice fabrics. It's always nice to see a place that goes that extra mile.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Alan
"Great value great location"
Our family had a great time at the Sea Breeze. It certainly seems that this property is family owned by people who care about their guests. We have been here five times now and each time we notice improvements that have been made to either the grounds or the rooms. It is a very nice value and located very close to the ocean. It is our favorite motel on the Peninsula.
1 night family trip May 26, 2014
Christina
go;lf, AND, romantic getaway
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
"Dated & Not Too Clean"
Room and bathroom were not clean. What really turned us off was that the pillow cases had previous occupants bodily fluid.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
st
"very close to Asilamar beach."
Nothing special,the outlet where the microwave,coffee pot and blow dryer was plugged didn't work,we reported when we got there.....3 days later when we left had never been fixed.It was horrible having to do my hair in a different outlet without a mirror.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
MJ
The room was clean a bit small but a very nice bed and the beddings were great also. The hot tub was filthy the foam was black. Pool was cold. And breakfast starts at eight I left at seven so I didn't try it.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great Base for Exploration"
I was upgraded to a cottage from the room I booked on Hotels.com. The cottages are in the back and are very quiet and very clean. Checking in and out was very easy. The Sea Breeze looks very ordinary from the street but is surprisingly unordinary. The hotel is a short distance from the beach where you can sit and enjoy the negative ions, and short distance from downtown Pacific Grove.. I was visiting a sick friend this time but will return with my wife for a quick getaway soon.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Henry J Szczesniak
"Perfect for what I needed"
When I was reading these reviews I was worried. It seemed that you either got a great room or a really bad one. However, I found everything to be very clean and well done. My room had a nice little kitchen with a full size fridge! The bed was so comfortable I had trouble getting out of bed before 10. The bathroom was perfect. The TV a good size flat screen. The staff was perfectly nice and even checked us in at 11:30 pm without a complaint. I really dont see how it would be possible to get a better hotel room for this price point.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Adorable hotel"
We ended up staying here as we were traveling with our daughter who is only 1. Many hotels in Monterey do not allow children, sad but true. It was cute and for the most part quiet. Walls are a tad thin but for us it was just a place to sleep as we went out exploring pretty much all day. The location of the hotel is perfect. Overall, we loved our stay here and whenever we come back we're staying here. PS this hotel offers a two day aquarium pass for the price of one!
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
marbecca
We were very pleased with our room, clean, updated, comfortable! Quiet area, close to the beach. Will definitely return and recommend to others
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"nice location"
great
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Stay in some other place."
The rooms are clean, however, that is as far as it goes. The walls are paper thin and you hear EVERYTHING in the adjacent room to include the video games. The heating was out in my room and could not be fixed until the next day, I was told. They gave me a space heater that helped a bit. Of course the next day, nobody remembered I had a problem with the heating and, of course, the maintenance person would not be in until noon. Finally, in the evening a young woman came by with an instrument to relight the gas pilot. I was told the previous day that there was a problem with the gas feed (no mention of the pilot light). The pilot was relit but the heater still did not work. When I complained vociferously about the lack of heat the management offered me a complimentary night's stay the next time I came. Ha! I told the manager that she had to be joking. No chance of an immediate reduction in price for the two nights without heat because I rented the room through a third party, Expedia. Go talk to them was the reply. I suggested that they might just give me a partial cash refund on the spot, you would have thought I was suggesting highway robbery. The presumed manager (who did not identify herself), an angry looking woman, suggested that if I did not like it, I could check out. This on the Memorial Day weekend so I asked "Check out to go where?" The so-called "continental breakfast" consisted of coffee and muffins. The TV was an old CRT type with a screen that could hardly be seen
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Cute pet-friendly cottage"
I would definitely stay here again. It is only a 5-10 minute drive from Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf. The room itself was great. The bed was comfortable and clean and the bathroom was huge! Also, I brought my dog along and they gave her a complimentary dog bed and two bones. The room did not smell like animals had previously been there - very clean!
Other trip May 27, 2014
KJ
"Honeymoon Bliss"
What a great find, super cute little rooms, very cozy. Close to beaches and down town. Well worth the short drive from the highway. Would have stayed there longer.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Awesomedorks
Staff was very welcoming; handicap room was easily accessible with lots of amenities. Hotel staff was quick to note a minor repair, and appreciated our bringing to their attention. Air conditioning and heating were excellent. Walls were a bit thin as we could hear neighbor's loud allergy sneezes. Neighborhood was quiet. We really liked the outdoor fireplace for breakfast and evening conversations. Hotel is very close to the beach and downtown. Room was very clean; I like not having heavy bedspreads because they are not often cleaned in hotels. Here the top sheets coverings were obviously clean; and the room was aired out.
1 night family trip May 17, 2014
"Great Place to Stay in Pacific Grove"
This hotel is one of the great examples of the treasures you can find in Pacific Grove, tucked away from the main tourist areas. The hotel had obviously been there for awhile, but the room was updated with surprisingly modern amenities. Another huge plus was that they are pet friendly, with a nominal additional fee.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
Betty
"Clean and refreshing"
Very nice room, clean and spacious, very pretty. Great location. Wonderful staff We will visit again.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Good! Very convenient for one night!"
It was very short and for such a short stay the hotel was really suitable. It is a pity that there is no real dining hall for breakfast.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2014
"Not a good value"
Very dated and accoustically inferior. Poor breakfast and coffee and not available till 8 AM. Questionable pool and hot tub maintainence. A poor value for the weekend rate.
3 night family trip May 8, 2014
Wayne
"Wow. A very nice surprise."
We came to the Monterey Peninsula and booked our room on an internet room finding service. We were very pleased with our remodeled room. It had nice furnishings and decor and was very comfortable. We spent most of our time in lovely Carmel and can recommend Carmel Beach as the highlight of our trip. It is so lovely, white sands, mountains in the distance and beautiful sunsets. We hope to visit again soon.
Other trip May 1, 2014
WantonKent
"Ok for a one night stay but...."
The room wasn't big but it was clean and the bed wasn't bad. The one big minus was the water pressure in the bathroom. It was hard to rinse the shampoo out of your hair and if anybody turned on the water elsewhere you got either scolded with hot water or got very cold water. Probably wouldn't return since there are other choices nearby.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2014
Ken
"Nice location"
We enjoyed sitting in the sun by the pool when we arrived. The room was fine for the price. We were just spending one night and would not be in the room very much. Short walk to Pacific Grove town where we had breakfast at Holly's Lighthouse Cafe - very good! Walked to Lover's Point and on the scenic path along the bluff overlooking the Monterey Bay. The staff were very pleasant.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"Nice hotel with quiet location"
This hotel property was more than we expected and was located in a quiet neighborhood close to the ocean. The rooms had a nice attention to detail and the price was quite a bit less than we expected given the quality. It was an easy stay with out two young children. A good value all the way around!
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Smelly"
The sink smelt awful it must be the pipes but the smell overwhelmed the room.it wasn't even in the same room as the bathroom which I thought was kind of odd. the toilet paper roll was too far from the toilet. I had to get off the seat to get some. then our trip to the spa was cut short because it was so filthy. Then room service came to clean around 3 but we were in the middle of getting dressed so we told them to come back in 30 minutes but they came back in 10 and told us that they had to clean the room because she was leaving for the day.just overall the worse experience ever.the only good thing about the place was the location
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
"good location"
Me and my wife arrived 30 mins after the office closed and we had to wait about 30 mins for the night supervisor to check us in.. she seemed very frustrated that we didnt call ahead to say we were going to be late... I went to Monterey for my anniversary and I payed extra to get a king size bed and when I got there there was no more king beds and switched us to a lodge with 2 queen beds which was pointless... they beds have a two foot bed frame and oversized mattress the bed was literally 3 feet tall. I am 6'2'' and I literally had to jump to get on the bed. It made it difficult to bring coffee on the bed in the am... The room overall was nice all and then some amenities that could need but was pointless bc had two beds.. My only complaint was the ones listed above but it is in great location really close to the aquarium and very close to the beach with good photo opportunities
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2014
james
"Not as nice as it looks"
The rooms are basic single story motel rooms and they are rather small. The room lacked furniture as it only had to two night stands and no desk or table in the room. No place to lay out our luggage. The bathroom was remodeled but the sink and faucets were old and slow. Low water pressure was also an issue. Don't waste your time on their breakfast, just high fat day old pastries and motel coffee. We stayed three nights, but it might be ok for one night if you can get a good price.
4 night romance trip Mar 17, 2014
JG Cabo
"Good time"
Only had one day to stay but we enjoyed it very much!
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2014
Manuel
"Clean, quiet, good proximity to PG & trails"
Our second stay here. Good price, cleanliness level and location. We've always had quiet neighbors so no complaint there. The only points off are for bathrooms where the fan has its own switch (good) AND turns on with the light switch (bad) so no way to use bathroom without a noisy fan. Good restaurants (Passionfish, Red House, Crema) with a walk or very short drive to town and Rec trail and Asilomar trail within 1/2 - 2 blocks makes this an easy place to be and not use your car.
1 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2014
"Hotel"
It wasn't that great. Would never go back to this hotel. Felt more like a motel, the only good thing is the location.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
on
"Rooms need a little work"
The location is amazing. The rooms are disappointing considering the price. Our heating didn't work even after I set it at 80F. There is a mold/damp smell in the room which is a little suffocating and was the biggest bother to me. The people are very helpful. They printed out my aquarium tickets for me.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"Quiet neighborhood, walking distance to the ocean"
This is an older motel where our room was very nicely remodeled and upgraded. New carpet, luxury bed, fine linens, travertine shower, and granite countertops. Really lovely. It had a nice secluded patio that was perfect for enjoying a glass of wine. The neighborhood is very quiet, and it is a short walk to the ocean. It was also only a little over a mile to some very fine restaurants. Thanks to booking through hotels.com, we got a free room upgrade!
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
"No Ocean view"
Our stay was pleasant with no problems. The Hotel was adequate for our needs. We were unfortunate to pick the one weekend California had rain. the hotel was older but well taken care of. There were few amenities and the breakfast was plain.
2 night trip Mar 2, 2014
Valley Vacationers
"clean and reasonable motel in Pacific Grove area"
Accommodations were clean, warm, inviting and great for us as we had our little dog with us.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"This is good value"
The rooms are small,but well maintained. They are clean and well decorated. the staff were efficient, friendly and courteous.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
Mark Mc
"Dated."
The motel- it's not a hotel or lodge, was in a great guiet location. Rooms are small and outdated and definitely not worth the price we paid.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Small Town Adventure"
Very quaint. Lodge was a great location and closeby to the sights of Pacific Grove and Monterey. Not to far to travel to Carmel by the Sea and to 17 Mile drive. Room was comfortable, clean and cozy. The staff was very accommodating to our dog as well. Check in an Check out was efficient, and we enjoyed the coffee and muffins in the lobby. We will definitely be staying here again when we return this spring!
2 night family trip Feb 1, 2014
Venissa
"Nice cozy place"
ESPN ? Good place to stay, but cable TV without ESPN during the Pebble Beach AT&T !!!!
3 night trip Feb 3, 2014
"Like coming home."
Home of my youth and our stay was very good! We liked the bed, the renovations and location to boot. We even appreciated the garbage truck being so quiet!
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Wonderful Stay at the Sea Breeze!"
The motel is a great home base for your exploration of the Monterey Peninsula. It is in a quiet neighborhood but very close to everything we wanted to see. The staff was friendly and the room had some fantastic upgrades like a stone floors and shower in the bath. It is a very good value for the price.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Stewart
"Pacific Grove"
The hotel is located just a block from the beach, in a very pitoresk part of town, outside of the husstle and busstle of touristi Monterey. It is friendly, the bed is nice (definitively above average) and it is dog friendly. When in Monterey (about once a year), we always stay at Sea Breeze Inn.
3 night family trip Jan 25, 2014
"cute little cottages"
enjoyed the stay, it was very pleasant!
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2014
"Nice little pet-friendly hotel for not much $"
A perfectly nice little place. Pet-friendly policy is a bonus and what made us decide to stay there, along with location and price.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2014
"Pet Friendly Inn Yes!"
This was our first trip with our dog. We were delighted with the location. The accommodations were nice and we could walk to the beach. Thanks Sea Breeze…we will be back!
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2014
Ann & Rich
Room had an oder but was clean. Bed was comfortable. TV was old and way too small. Not sure it was worth $100 per night.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2014
"pleasant stay"
glad they are a 'dog friendly' place.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2014
"Bad heater"
The wall heater kept making loud banging sounds whenever it went on and off. It startled us while asleep so we just turned it off finally. Then we were cold again. At night some teens were smoking joints like it was legal out by the soda machine.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Better than expected"
I needed a room at the last minute on a weekend during which most hotels, motels, and inns had already been booked. I got the last room at Sea Breeze. The front desk was very sweet and helpful. I got a cottage on the 2nd half of the Sea Breeze property that had two large, squishy beds, one and a half bathrooms, and an additional bedroom. It was warm, clean, cozy, plush, and beautiful.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014