All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
1101 Lighthouse Avenue, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"House hunting again"
Good room, great bed, quiet location for taking care of local business. New construction going on next door. BUt not intrusive
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
grandma J
"Short get away!"
Great staff, clean rooms, and a great get way!!
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Tammy
"Excellent value for the price"
The Sea Breeze in is a clean, well maintained motel in Pacific Grove. The Inn consists of both cottages and lodge rooms which are decent sized and well equipped. Relatively, speaking for the price paid, its was better than most other hotels that I have stayed at in that price class. While I didn't eat breakfast there I did note that the continental breakfast selection was pretty meager (coffee, juice, some muffins) and the area where it was served was very small.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Tired Traveler
"Construction noise"
They are building a new addition and the first room they put me in was right next to the construction site and had a trailer of construction waste parked outside the window. The next room was a few doors down but since it is on the first floor and there were no sheers or blinds I had to close the blackout drapes for privacy and so ended up in a cave-like room. Also had to ask for housekeeping to come back and finish cleaning the bathroom floor and removing crumbs from the chair. There is also a stop on the hot water in the shower so I got a tepid shower each morning. Would recommend you bring your own pillow as theirs are hard as rocks. Because of the king bed, the nightstand blocked the bathroom door so it couldn't be opened all the way. Not my best motel experience even for the discounted rate.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"ok but expensive"
great location, nice size - small but adequate. bathroom is really old and freezing cold
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
frances
"Great get away,"
Good place to stay , close to everything you might want to do .
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
"Very cozy!"
We loved the location! The room was very clean, everything was up to date. Thank you!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
the bride
"We had a great time"
We went to Pacific Grove for a little getaway while the family was on winter break. My kids were back from school for a visit. We decided on the Sea Breeze because of the location. When we arrived the staff was very friendly and the room was very cozy. We all slept very well. The area is quiet. The ocean is about 3 blocks away from the hotel so at night you can hear the waves. We visited several local attractions. The hotel is centrally located between Monterey and Carmel so it was perfect for us. My family really enjoyed our time on the Peninsula. We will be back to the Sea Breeze on our next escape.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Hector
"Business Travel"
I was there for a business meeting and to relax a bit. The rooms have complimentary wireless internet, which was really appreciated. The rooms are more a boutique style but as a business traveler I found it to be quite comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful with any additional things I needed. The property was quiet and well taken care of.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Greg
"Old Town Charm"
The old town charm of Pacific Grove is a treat. The Sea Breeze Inn really fits in well with this charm. Upon check in and check out the staff was really friendly and accommodating. The room is quaint and cozy. All hotel room doors open to the outside. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a cottage. These rooms are great. You do not share a wall with anyone. This was a great unexpected surprise. The cottage was clean and well appointed. The Sea Breeze is close to all the man attractions. We loved our getaway to Pacific Grove.
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2015
Christie
"weekend getaway"
We like overall but our room TV was not working and we called for help .customers service said will send some one to see but never happened Breakfast is ok but the table was not clean.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Wirod
"Updated rooms, charming location"
We stayed in mid-November. This inn is within walking distance of the beach and the Monarch Sanctuary. It is a little odd with two locations across the street from each other, but it was not inconvenient. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee and continental breakfast, sat outside each morning and watched the hummingbirds. One morning we even saw deer! At the time we were there, work was being done on the grassy area across from our room. It was not a pretty sight, but we weren't bothered too much because we didn't spend the days in our room! Too much to see and do in this area. I liked the updates to the room: new carpet, new paint, newer light fixtures, newer-style bed. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom sink area was a little cramped: we had to switch the plugs for the hair dryer and the coffee maker, and the mini-microwave took up almost all the counter space. Overall, a pleasant, comfortable room, and good location. It has all the amenities I want in a room, and has been updated. (It's not new, and wasn't stripped down and completely remodeled, so don't expect everything is new.)
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Michele
"Cute, Affordable, Great location Inn"
This motel style Inn was good for the price. Accommodating staff should you have an issue. Cute decor, nice fire-pit on grounds, very comfy bed-super clean bedding as have OCD for cleanliness. Got a king bed with kitchen-window did not lock as it doesn't even fit-no where for lock to slide into! Kitchen sink could use some TLC, it's cheap to do so I don't understand the owners and/or maintenance. Small things go a long way! Otherwise, no issues. Muffins, juice, coffee in the morning. For the price, don't expect anything else but it's enough to get you going.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"oasis in pacific grove."
The best value in pacific grove. Period. and I have stayed at quite a few motels in the area.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2014
alain
It looks like an old motor inn on the outside but inside the room was very clean and comfortable with the "upgrades" that everyone likes. We were in a complex across the street from the Sea Breeze. It is situated in a mostly residential area but is a very short drive to downtown Pacific Grove (which had some great little restaurants) , the beach, the Aquarium, the 17 mile drive. Reasonable price, nothing fancy but that is fine with me when I am seeing the sights.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Staff is super friendly and helpful!"
We arrived late at night becasue we had a long drive and I knew the office closed at 10:00pm. I called beforehand. When we got to the hotel we rang the night auditor from the phone provided outside the hotel. They promptly came to the office and checked us in. They did not act like it was a bother at all that we woke them up at 2:00am. The next day we spoke to a young lady at the front desk and she gave us many recommendations for restaurants and activities. We did not get to do them al but it was nice to have pleasant and knowledable people to deal with. The room and grounds were beautiful!
Vinnie408
"Needs Upgrading but Nice Location"
Only a short walk to Asilomar Beach - Easy location to get to Carmel and Monterey and Point Lobos Reserve which is well worth visiting to see the beautiful coast on a sunny day. Surprisingly, there was lack of security. Our sliding windows were all left open upon our return. I can see airing out when guests have checked out, but not when personal belongings are still in hotel. Also, deadbolt could not lock from outside, but only from inside. This is a ground level hotel which means anyone can walk in through window. No curtain by sink window, therefore daylight shines in very early - no sleeping in for those who are sensitive to light. Windows and sink/bathroom area floors need upgrading. A bit healthier breakfast of yogurt and bowl of fruit would be nice. Try not to book for Friday and Saturday nights as price is about double and book early. We reserved about 3 weeks prior which was not early enough to get better deal.
D
"Needs Price Reduction"
Below average. All of 24 tv stations; slightly awkward parking; in agreement with previous reviews, a quite limited breakfast? selection; finally, wouldn't you think they could put a soap dish in the shower? All in all, not terrible, but about 50% overpriced.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
J. Robert
"Nice hotel close to the ocean"
Very pleasant stay. Nice room, pleasantly surprised by amenities such as fridge and microwave. I found the room stuffy (no A/C), so I asked for a fan. The front desk person was courteous, though she did suggest I open a window. Duh! But she did send over a fan, and that really helped.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Chilly stay."
Room was very clean but our heater was not connected which we found out after office closed. A space heater was delivered but without a thermostat I had to get up twice to turn it off and then later back on. Also the bed was too firm. Sea Breeze offered $10 credit for the inconvenience which seemed meager to me. Hotels.com agreed and supplemented another $40 voucher. I doubt we will use the voucher at Sea Breeze again.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Ken
"So quiet and relaxing!"
This inn is at the very tip of the Peninsula. This inn is the quiet escape I was looking for. The rooms are clean and contemperary. The housekeeping staff was great! It waas a quick wal to the ocean (5 to 8 minutes). I will be back!
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Celia8866
"Geat stay at Sea Breeze"
The room and staff were really great. Everything was comfortable and clean. The hotel is very close to many attractions and just down the street from Asilomar beach.
3 night trip Oct 27, 2014
"Close to town"
When I opened the door of this 1950's style motel I was so surprised how beautiful the furnishings and decor were. Room was completely renovated.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
AJ
Traveled to the area for work for two days. Affordable and wonderful. Felt more like a little vacation once on the property and in the room.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"WE ALWAYS STAY THER CLOSE TO BEACH & RESTAURANTS."
GREAT. I WON'T TAKE THIS REVIEW AGAIN IF I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Off the beaten path but a really nice neighborhood
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Noe
"Great overnight stay"
For an overnight stay near downtown Capitola that wouldn't cost too much, this hotel fit the bill. The room was comfortable, clean, updated, and we had no problems of any kind. The free breakfast was a definite plus; it had all the basics and satisfied us all. I will be coming here again.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
M. Martin
"Not what we expected"
The hotel was disappointing. In terms of cleanliness and staff, it was fine - no issues there. But the room itself was not what we expected based on the photos/price. It smelled a bit, and overall was not a place we wanted to spend any time other than to sleep. I would NEVER pay $250/night for this hotel again... I'd put it at around $100/night. It's basically a place to sleep, but other than that it offers no unique experience.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
Nick
"Convenient location for us"
We were there to checkout Big Sur and we only booked a hotel to sleep and rest. For that purpose hotel was okay but I would recommend to book hotels in Monterey instead. Monterey has good range of hotels and you get decent price if you book ahead.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Deepti
We paid way over actual value for this old run down room. We were charged 400$ for MAYBE a 120$ a night value. Bummer.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Leaves a bit to be desired"
The room was large, freshly painted, and generally clean. The bed was very comfortable. That was the good stuff. bad stuff - only one chair in the room, no tables,(my wife and I like to play games, there was no way to do that due to lacking furniture) a very small, very cheap dresser in the room. Our room was located right next to the laundry room, we could not open the windows in the dressing area or bathroom due to the noise, heat coming from the vents, and the excessive lint. (it looked like there blown in insulation out the windows due to lack of good filtering) They also did laundry until a little after 10pm and started again at 7:30am. The spa,the fire pit, and the breakfast were across (a very wide) street, no way we could use those as we have some personal mobility issues. When we noted these items to the clerk, she shrugged and said, yes, they are renovating rooms and adding more furniture, but I should write on the comment form which was in our room, oops it was missing. This was a Wednesday night, they were not booked, not sure why we got such a poor room location and lack of furniture.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
j
"Nice location; Needs Renovation"
Overall I would not recommend this hotel to a friend. It wasn't terrible but definitely not worth the cost. We wanted to spend a week in Pacific Grove but didn't look for lodging until the "last minute." Sea Breeze one the only place with any availability which also accepted dogs. The "king bed" room was tiny. My wife was bit by an insect the 2nd night, while sleeping in the bed. I don't necessarily blame the hotel but it happened. The windows and doors were not well insulated and needed work. I suspect bugs and other vermin have easy entrance/egress from these units. The sink stunk of foul odors. It really smelled awful. The cleaning staff was not very competent, albiet nice. Their attention to detail was very lacking. One day I noticed a cart left out in front of a unit and a crow (bird) was hopping around on it and picking food out of a trash bag and tossing towels around. Our unit featured paper thin walls and constant noise from the laundry, which was next to us. Also, I could see out the window that the laundry room was not properly vented, resulting in lint being blown all over between the units, including into our unit. No air conditioner. Neighbors were smoking in the room and in front of it. The fixtures and plumbing were all loose and in need of repair. TV featured no movie channels and the entry level tv was not fully featured with inputs and thus we could not hook up the DVD player we brough
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Just right for our family"
Walking distance to the lighthouse and beach. Short drive to Monterey attractions.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Well done!"
Good stay - close to all Monterey golf....clean room...only minor complaint is no ESPN on cable? Overall good value for area.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Anniversary stay"
Seen this hotel amd checked out the review and they were pretty good for the pricing of the rooms. Enjoyed the small cozy room and especially the fire pit that we enjoyed late night. I would go back again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
VicYC
"Excellent for the price."
We were slightly concerned after reading some of the reviews and with the two star rating....the staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. The room was a nice size and had a small fridge and micro which was nice. The bathroom was spacious and very clean! The room appeared and smelled clean and the bed was much more comfy than you'd expect at a two star......the hot tub could be a little cleaner, but no other complaints...would love for them to have little flavored creamers for the coffee:) . For the price and the location it was perfect....we thought about staying at a pricier hotel in town but decided to free up the extra money and do activities In Monterey ...... Sooooo glad we did. Would definitely recommend this room for the value.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Wendy
I have stayed here twice within the past year. Some of the rooms are clean but run-down. I stayed across the street this last stay and the room was updated and beautiful.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
it was a very nice and clean stay
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Birthday get-away"
The bed was way too soft. My personal preference is for a firm mattress. The shower was a bit "funky" but functional. Location of the pool and hot tub across the street was a bit strange and not handy at all. Especially in cool evenings as is normal in Pacific Grove.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
It was ok, nothing to rave about. Cottages are nice.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Pacific grove romantic getaway"
Nice place close to where I needed to be , perfect for touring the coast and close to our family in pacific grove , shopping in caramel great as well
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Greg
Very nice and comfortable. But the jacuzzi was to hot.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2014
The interior of the rooms is newly renovated. The building itself is not very sound insulated and you can hear your neighbors. Overall l am very satisfied for the price.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"A nicely cared for motel"
We had a wonderful stay in Monterey recently and enjoyed our room at the Sea Breeze Lodge. The room had been recently remodeled and had a very nice bathroom with stone tile floors and shower. The room was lovely with designer colors and nice fabrics. It's always nice to see a place that goes that extra mile.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Alan
"Great value great location"
Our family had a great time at the Sea Breeze. It certainly seems that this property is family owned by people who care about their guests. We have been here five times now and each time we notice improvements that have been made to either the grounds or the rooms. It is a very nice value and located very close to the ocean. It is our favorite motel on the Peninsula.
1 night family trip May 26, 2014
Christina
go;lf, AND, romantic getaway
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
"Dated & Not Too Clean"
Room and bathroom were not clean. What really turned us off was that the pillow cases had previous occupants bodily fluid.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
st
"very close to Asilamar beach."
Nothing special,the outlet where the microwave,coffee pot and blow dryer was plugged didn't work,we reported when we got there.....3 days later when we left had never been fixed.It was horrible having to do my hair in a different outlet without a mirror.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
MJ
The room was clean a bit small but a very nice bed and the beddings were great also. The hot tub was filthy the foam was black. Pool was cold. And breakfast starts at eight I left at seven so I didn't try it.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great Base for Exploration"
I was upgraded to a cottage from the room I booked on Hotels.com. The cottages are in the back and are very quiet and very clean. Checking in and out was very easy. The Sea Breeze looks very ordinary from the street but is surprisingly unordinary. The hotel is a short distance from the beach where you can sit and enjoy the negative ions, and short distance from downtown Pacific Grove.. I was visiting a sick friend this time but will return with my wife for a quick getaway soon.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014