All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
1101 Lighthouse Avenue, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is all right
    Comfortable
    Bad breakfast
"Close to PG, beach and golf course."
It is an older facility, but still nice. It is extremely convenient to walk and/or drive into PG and down to the beach. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the pillows are awful. Suggest you bring your own unless you can sleep on pancake flat pillows. The rooms were sufficient size. We had 2 rooms, each with one king. Not noisy because you are just enough off the main street for traffic noise. Would have preferred the pool to be a little heated since the outside temp can be a little chilly but the hot tub was helpful. The complimentary coffee, muffins, juice was nice in the mornings. One downfall: Since our rooms were across the street from the lobby they're one story and parking is in front of your room on a tar/asphalt drive, when a car drives in towards their room, headlights do shine into your room. And the cleaning staff pushing their rolling carts with all their supplies, linens, etc. roll on that surface are REALLY noisy. So forget about sleeping past 8:30 AM unless you are a very heavy sleeper and noise doesn't bother you. Now I would not say that this is a deal breaker, but be aware. Watching the whales on the beach down the road was absolutely amazing!!! They put on a show and jumped up to expose their heads and it was so much fun. Eat at Holly's for breakfast, but make reservations or wait for 30 mins. +/-!! There's a bookstore/coffee shop in town closest to the Inn that has the best blueberry cheesecake, coffee and bookstore.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Eh"
It was super close to everything. A mile from a little downtown with a lot of cute shops. No more than 2 miles from the aquarium. I only have two complaints: the bed was WAYYY to soft we sunk into it and not in a good way. And there was no air conditioning. Would stay again
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Athena
"Room was not as it appeared on the website"
Very unhappy about my stay. Bedroom carpet had large stains, bathroom was large, but was dirty, ants all over the sink walls, and toilet, tile floor looked like it had never been cleaned. Pool was very dirty, spa water was very cloudy, didn't even want to get in it. When we got there they had no electricity. I guess you get what you pay for uh? Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Debi
"Average quality older motel"
Stayed for four nights in July 2015. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, but small since it is an older property. No A/C. Breakfast selection very limited in the small registration lobby. Mostly Costco style muffins, coffee, tea, etc. Oatmeal offered but they don't provide milk although I heard several guests request it.
4 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Jeffrey
There was an incident with the gardeners working outside our room. They accidentally hit the water main and our water was shut off. We could not take our showers or and had no water that morning. The management gave us a reasonable discount off our one night stay. We were pleased with the compensation.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Rosie
Stayed just one night. It was fine for what we wanted.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"They try"
The place was full. We had to stand in line for 15 minutes to check in. The parking was tight but doable . They tried hard to meet our needs such as giving us an oak meal packet the night before because we went to play golf before the breakfast started. The walls were a little thin; you could hear the neighbors tv; they did turn it off at 10:30. I doubt if we will ever stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"had a great time, but muffins?"
Room was nicely updated. No AC. Nice bedding, nice flat screen, refrigerator and microwave came with the room. The room was hot, so we complained and they quickly brought us a large fan. Plantation shutters, no black out curtains. Friendly staff, friendly guests and a overall friendly neighborhood. Minutes drive from the coast and it's beautiful tide pools. Their continental doesn't really count as that. 4 different options of muffins and packets of oatmeal with OJ? Really?? That was the only really negative for me.
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Not as nice as online photos"
Nice place to stay for short getaway. Parking is unassigned and cramped for rooms across street from office. Had to park 5 rooms away from ours. They don't monitor or enforce pool hour restrictions. People came to pool after 10:00 both nights and our room was next to the pool.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
3-day getaway
"Very clean"
Very nice ,priced ok ,would stay there again .
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Some serious upkeep needed!"
The hotel is very worn and dirty outside. The carpet inside was dirty enough to make our feet black. The hot tub water was very dirty. The pool was cold. The closet door was broken. This wasn't the worse place I've stayed but for the price it's overall cleanliness and upkeep need to be greatly improved. House keeping did great, but the major stuff needs to be done, carpet replacement would be a good start.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Michell
The front desk was nice. I did find it strange that half of the in was across the street. The pool was clean but the hot tub wasn't hot and the tile in and around it was broken or has fallen off. However my room was cozy and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"Clean overall and close to the beach"
Hot tub needs some work. Rooms are clean overall and the beds are nice. TV was terrible, good thing you are not there to watch TV.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Jb
It was very enjoyable.
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
"Not for hanging out and relaxing, but OK for sleep"
This motel is in a great location, a few blocks from Asilomar State Beach and close to many Pacific Grove attractions, but it's strictly for sleeping. It's part of a huge complex, not a small, cozy hotel, and none of the rooms I saw had outside patios as pictured on the website. Two people can't comfortably hang out in the room we had. It was spacious but bare, with only one chair and a small half table just big enough to hold a lamp--no bureau, no place to put your things except on the floor. One person always has to sit on the bed despite room for a table and TWO chairs. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable; the bathroom was fine. Our room shared a back wall with the main laundry room, so windows on that side couldn't be opened because of exhaust fumes, and there was construction noise and debris right outside our only other window. Since there is no fan or A.C. the room got stuffy quickly. There was a small, wall mounted TV and a fridge with the coffee maker and microwave stacked on top. (The fridge froze everything we put in it.) The "complimentary breakfast" is sugar-heavy muffins, packs of instant oatmeal, coffee and juice, but there's no place to comfortably sit and eat it anyway. Get a great breakfast in PG instead, and come back to your room just in time to go to sleep!
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
kathy
"Loved it"
I booked a regular hotel room and saw that I liked the cottages better. Because it was a weekday and not many people were there , they upgraded our stay to a cottage. It was so awesome. Love it there. I will be back but only if I get a cottage.
3 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
Kimberly
One hit wonder for us. Staff could have more receptive and "breakfast" is coffee and a few items served on the brochure table in the office. Room was "acceptable". If you just need a place to sleep close to the PG beach and 17 mile drive the cost may be justifiable. Be aware the facility is split between 2 properties across the street from each other.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Okay"
There was no air conditioning, fan and there was heat coming from where there usually is air conditioning. So the room was too hot for us and our dog. I thought it might be dirty from the reviews I've read, but it was very clean. But, because of construction a little noisey but not bad.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
The staff was very polite and helpful. Really run down old place: stains, smell ets. The pool in NOT warmed and jacuzzi unclean. The most disappointment is from what the hotel was ranked on line and the reality of 2 star motel.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"My room 104 bathtub shower valve frozen"
No repair for the bath tube shower valve for the rest of my stay, 4 days. Maintenance workers came and after they check the valve , no repair . their sudgest me grap the valve, pull it out with my feed againt the bath tube wall. That is funny to take a shower like that evertime.They said need to replace the valve but need their boss appoval .
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
The staff was very nice, the room was aesthetics pleasing, location was good. The lighting in my room was mellow, I needed something brighter. In the wee hours of the night some critter scampered across my roof top, it was a bit disturbing but I soon fell asleep, my son later told me it was common to see racoons in the area. All in all I had a nice stay, didn't have a chance to use any other of their facilities.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Lydia
"nice cottage close to the ocean"
At first we were appalled by the cottage they gave us, coming from staying at a hampton this was kind of shock, the bathroom smelled like pee and the dated tiles in the bathroom were very stained. However, that being said, the staff was very helpful and changed our cottage to a bigger one, this one was very clean and very pleasant with a fireplace and a small kitchen. We were very happy with this one and would recoment it to a friend.
Other trip May 27, 2015
redwood lover
"40th Anniversary"
Looks recently remodeled, very clean, reasonable rate, location convenient to everything, friendly staff, would recommend and return.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Alejandro Z
"Nice little private room"
it was a great room. slept good, quiet, located close (enough) to where i wanted to go.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Happy Getaway"
My husband and I do not get to go out of town often. The Sea Breeze lodge was a treat for us. We really enjoyed ourselves. The staff was friendly. The rooms were well taken care of. We spent time relaxing in our room and the TV channels although minimal were perfect for what we needed. The Jacuzzi was a nice treat as well.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Close to the water and attractions"
My family and I were very thankful the Sea Breeze Lodge was so close to the Ocean. It was a short walk for the kids to play in the tide pools and get out some energy. The rooms were very clean and the staff was pleasant. Restaurants were close and Cannery Row and Fisherman’s Wharf were only a short drive away. When staying on the Peninsula I recommend Pacific Grove because it is right in between Monterey and Carmel and it is a very charming town.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Jacob
"Pet Friendly felt like home!!"
The hotel staff is very pet friendly and knowledgeable. My pet received a package that was waiting in the room for him when we checked in. There were bones, dog bags, and a bed! The Sea breeze Lodge felt like home.
1 night trip with friends May 6, 2015
Austin
"Value and Location"
We had a wonderful time at the Sea Breeze. The hotel front office gave us a complimentary upgrade since they had the room available during our stay. I thought this was a nice touch. The hotel is close to all the attractions we wanted to see. I felt like we received a good value. We will be back.
1 night romance trip May 6, 2015
gia
"OK to stay..."
Fine...
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Sue
"Reasonable hotel semi-close to beach and town, BUT"
Reasonable hotel semi-close to beat and town, but had a very bad experience. We were there on a Wed & Thu night in early May. Should have been quiet, but they had booked a large school group that was permitted to scream constantly until 10:00 at night and again starting at 8:00 in the morning. Inadequate supervision was permitted. The hotel placed us in the room right by the pool, and then we found out almost the hotel was filled with noisy students, so there would be no quiet place anywhere. I spoke with the manager, telling her it would have been common courtesy to inform us at check-in of the school kids booking, so that we could look for a hotel elsewhere. She had no appreciation at all for that point. The room was clean, but did not make up for the noise. We come down to this area about 6 times a year, and we will not come back to this hotel.
Other trip May 9, 2015
C.
"Great place to stay for a conference or vacation!"
I usually attend a conference every couple of years up at Asilomar conference grounds. This year was my first time traveling by bicycle and amtrak train. I had a great ride over from Salinas to Pacific Grove to find a wonderful (and comfortable) room waiting me. The staff were helpful and friendly. I would like to point out that other people attending the conference who also chose active transportation chose this hotel. I think that the accommodations are great. Thank you for the wonderful service.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
The recently refreshed room was nicer than we expected at this price and in this location.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Simple but adequate"
Friendly, minimal amenities, clean, good location. Might stay there again.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Close to beach"
Good price. Breakfast was - muffins, juice and coffee
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
kris
"To expensive for Tue-Thursday"
The access to pool and Jaquzzi is an inconvenience being that it's a cross the street at another hotel.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Global261
The room was cozy and nicely updated. It was a chilly night, and the heater worked well. The shower is large, remodeled and very nice. We were getting up early, so it didn't bother us, but if you're planning to sleep in, you may want to be aware that the sea birds start singing and squawking (quite loudly!) shortly after sunrise. It is a motor lodge where cars park right in front of the rooms, which can be noisy. The bed was fine, but the pillows are pretty bulky - best to bring your own if you like a softer style. All in all, it was a good value and a pleasant experience. We'd stay here again.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
CATravelers
"Pacific Grove Stay"
Nice three day getaway. Room was clean and comfortable. A few morning noises from neighbors, but not hotels fault. Room walla are a bit thin, but standard for their age. Would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
"Sister vacation"
I came on a trip with my sister. It was a nice time for both of us to get away and have some sister time. Sea Breeze was within our budget. Value is a big deal. Sea Breeze Lodge offered this value to us. The room was reasonably priced. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was very welcoming and knowledgeable. They sent us to great attractions and restaurants. Passionfish was an incredible restaurant for dinner. We also went to the aquarium.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
RoryF
"Getaway to Monterey!"
We had a wonderful getaway to the Monterey Peninsula. Pacific Grove is our favorite. It is close enough to all the attractions but far enough away that we can go back to a quiet hotel. The staff was nice and friendly and the rooms were clean! I felt the price I paid was a good value. We really enjoyed the Sea breeze Lodge!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
RoryF
"We stayed and extra day!!!"
We came done to Monterey for a conference and ended up staying an extra day to enjoy the Peninsula. The Sea Breeze was a great place to do this. We were able to relax and drive into Monterey for our kayaking adventure. We got lucky and had some very beautiful weather. The hotel staff was welcoming. The ground were kept up very nicely. When we come back to Pacific Grove we will stay here again!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Lodge-like accommodations in Pacific Grove, CA"
The Sea Breeze Inn and Lodge was a great place for our mini-getaway. We love Pacific Grove and the quite surroundings of this hotel location. Our only complaint was the construction that was going on right next door!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Sally
"I Could Take It Or Leave It"
Not what I expected, the pictures of the rooms appear a lot bigger than they actually were. The only other thing that was a little disappointing was the "continental breakfast" turned out to be just half muffin and a cup of orange juice.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"No cell service!"
The checkin was not great as the room was across the street from the office and I had to roll all my bags from the office, across the street and down a very long street to my room. Once I arrived, I realized that the checkin clerk did not give me a room key. I had to go all the way back and get it. She didn't even apologize for having forgotten to hand me the key. Then back I went with all my luggage. The room was very clean and recently remodeled. I would have liked more counter space in the bathroom as there was no where to place any items on the sink. The bathroom floor was also very cold tile with no rug. The pool was also locked so to use it, I had to go to the office to get a key. But the worse thing about my stay was that I received absolutely no cellular service in my room. I had to make phone calls and texts from the main street over 200 feet away. The overall stay was good except for the initial interaction and the cell service.
4 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Maria
"Hotel stay was ok"
Beds were really hard, closet door broken,mirrors as head boards not a good idea, Internet was unreliable. The best thing about hotel was the beach
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good for a one night stay!"
rge parking lot was a bit tight but I liked my one night stay. It was raining very hard and that helped mute any noise that could have come from neighbors or traffic.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Nice little cottaget"
The room itself was very nice, clean and upgraded. The bathroom however was very small. I'm 5'2"" and when I sat on the toilet I hit my knees on the wall. The shower was equally small.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
evie
"A very typical American motel."
Basic room. One of the lights didn't work, but was given a gang to access it and recharge my phone etc. Comfortable king size bed, but very high off the floor! No sound proofing, so could hear the person snoring next door on the first night, and then a dog started yapping from 4.30 - 4.50am on the second night and you could hear the owner trying to get it to be quiet. Breakfast was only muffins cut in half, fruit juice and tea / coffee, and this was only served from 8am onwards - a bit late if you needed to get on the road. Staff were very helpful as lots of things didn't work at first.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Felicity
"Great place"
We had a great stay. Staff was very helpful. Room was clean and comfotable.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"House hunting again"
Good room, great bed, quiet location for taking care of local business. New construction going on next door. BUt not intrusive
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
grandma J
"Short get away!"
Great staff, clean rooms, and a great get way!!
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015