All hotels in Sonora, California, United States of America

Great pool
    Regular internet service
    Poor vibe
"Pre-Pay Delimma"
Decent stay with one exception. Hotel not efficient with handling bookings through a 3rd party reservation. Our credit card was charged for the room in error,although we had paid in advance causing un-necessary inconveniences.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
Michele
"Presently Surprised!!!"
We stayed here on a whim trip on the way to Yosemite and was presently surprised. For an older hotel on the main street it was clean and fresh on the inside and wasn’t noisy at all. The staff was very friendly and helpful too. The bathroom was large sized for a hotel and that was a nice plus. All in all no complaints in the slightest.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
Jonathan
"Great hotel!"
Room was convenient and quiet. Food delivery was available. Fuel was close by. Conveniently located. I'll definitely be back!
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2016
Gypsy
iT WAS great!
2 night trip Mar 4, 2016
Some rooms were great, others not so much. Some on the back side of the hotel were very dark and at least one of them had water leaking under the door. Howard, at the front desk, was very helpful, and I appreciated his phone call to make sure everything was ready for us.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2016
Emily
"Cozy and inexpensive and pet friendly"
Great hotel for a quick layover. Pet friendly. Staff is extremely friendly. Free WiFi was a bit hard to get access to , that's the only thing I can comment on
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2016
Floran
The room service was amazing and the courtesy of staff phenomenal. Definitely staying there again.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2015
Masha
"Worst service of any hotel I have ever stayed in"
There are rooms which don't have a microwave even though every room is supposed to have one. Of course my room didn't have one. When we went for the complimentary breakfast there was no microwave to warm up milk for the kids. One morning the lady there was kind enough to warm up some in their office kitchen. The next morning the guy there was completely unhelpful. First he wouldn't even acknowledge there was a microwave inside. Later he mumbled something about never have operated the microwave before. Really? You need some kind of a Phd to operate a microwave??!! Its not the Large Hadron Particle Collider you know.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Everything was pretty good except the toilet water ran the entire time we were there. It was running when we checked in, we tried giggling the handle but it wouldn't stop. It made it very difficult to get sleep with the noise in the room.
Other trip Dec 29, 2015
like it
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2015
sandy
"Poor sign out clerk"
When I left the clerk was short about asking what my credit card was charged with extras. When I asked she seemed irritated. It was going to be my on going motel when I inspect Rite AIDS and Staples. Not now. She made it clear she could care less. Good motel that forgot what service is. The motel would have received 5 stars By the way... The man and woman who sighed me in were awesome. Just a delight. I will try again in a year or two.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
Furniture was older and not in good condition, otherwise room was nice. A bit noisy in the morning from road noise. Staff was friendly and took good care of us.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
our 2nd time there we like it, just a weekend getaway. wanted to wear flip flops in the shower,needed a paint job in the bathroom. Did leave a note for the maid what to use , works great in our shower. (clr..spray with scrub pad) would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
"Fair option for location, but not ideal."
The magnetic card room keys kept losing their coding (or were coded to last just one day even though my stay was longer than one day). This was very annoying as I would return to my room laden with items to find I couldn't get in -- and the office was two buildings and a block away! Although this hotel is pet friendly, there is next to no good place to walk a dog, so that complicates a stay there. On the other hand, the shower was excellent and looked new. Finally, I think the hotel tends to be somewhat overpriced for what you get, at least in the property's present incarnation.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2015
"Where's my towels?"
The front desk was helpful but not very friendly, the hotel itself seems to be falling apart and reeks of stale cigarette smoke and the housecleaning staff was horrible. They came in one day to "clean" and they only took away our dirty towels.....didn't empty the trash, change or even make the beds and didn't give us new towels-we will never stay there again!
4 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. Location was perfect. Room comfortable. Mattress not so comfortable. We would stay there again. A good value.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Walter
Breakfast was bare minimum Choices for eating out were minimal also
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Cheryl
"Hotel Needs Room Upgrade"
hotel needs room upgrade
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Raymond
"Overnighter"
Very friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. Lots of pillows. Spacious bathroom with shower only which was fine-nice high shower head. QUIET ROOM on third floor and easy access. Good morning coffee and adequate breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2015
Upon checking in with a very pleasant lady I was told that I would be in their "second building" which required driving back onto the main road and down a couple of driveways. The exterior stairway to the second floor was covered with tattered "carpet." The room was intentionally rustic, which was quaint, but the place is in great need of attention. The carpet, which was difficult to see since the room is very dark with two very small windows, was quite old and quite dirty. I am not overly concerned about hotel rooms but I kept my socks on at the least on this one. An old CRT type TV sat on the very limited counter space in the very small room. The popcorn ceiling showed the remnants of many past problems, and was in need of attention as well. The bed was clean and quite comfortable. The bathroom had old linoleum that was peeling in a few spots, something had been spilled on the countertop of the sink that as apparently unable to be removed completely. The towels were those thin, rough, small ones that reach their saturation point quickly. Overall, the hotel is in great need of an update.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Bedbugs! Please stay alway!"
Here for business with family,bee have a newborn and two year old. Hotel put us far away in a separate building in a dark eerie DIRTY hallway. Was very unhappy with room altogether but decided it was best to suck it up for family.. Brought a bunch of blankets so what's the worst that can happen? Bed bugs. That's what can happen. And I have YET to receive any sort of compensation for this. No call from hotel manager, still waiting for call from hotels.com. Sweet girl at front desk came and did indeed agree that it was bedbugs. We took pictures and I got the heck out of dodge. Please please please don't take your family here. Grungy, stinky, and the chance of bringing bedbugs home with you is NOT WORTH IT!!! Very very disappointed. Where is the customer service??
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Fine Stay Center of Sonora"
It was fine and location great on the main street of Sonora. Everything as expected. The continental breakfast could be a little better. The pool was nice and the jacuzzi perfect temperature for my taste. The office staff was nice and helpful.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
TONY
"Convenient, clean and casinos!"
Very comfortable spot. The hotel is nothing special but they have a pool and jacuzzi and they're right in the middle of downtown Sonora. The staff is very nice and accommodating and the room is clean and comfortable. We've stayed here before and will definitely stay again. Very close to two nearby casinos - $15 to one and $20 to another by cab - and plenty to do.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
breakfast space only 1 table and 2 seat! old room and not confortable! Noisy
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Not a bad place to stay"
Good walking distance to downtown Sonora and close to the freeway entrance.
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
leesa
"Enjjoyed our stay"
great location, pool/spa!
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Not what I would have thought for the money"
We were on a family vacation to Yosemite and needed a place for one night. This was the lowest cost option - but still not cheap. Definitely not worth what we paid. The room was small. The A/C was very loud. The "continental breakfast" was cereal and mini muffins and toast - not even a bagel or hard-boiled egg or yogurt. There wasn't even a spot to eat other than taking it back to the room. We had problems connecting to the wi-fi, although it did eventually connect after calling the front desk who said they would reset it.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Ann
"Big mistake"
I will state the only positive, the staff was nice. The rest: if you don't care about vacuumed floors, then you will be fine. The hotel was scummy and outdated. I meant to book the Sonora inn but accidentally booked this place, don't make the same mistake. I worried all night about getting bedbugs. The bathroom wasn't bad but I would never suggest to anyone to stay there.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Unexpectedly great"
I was stranded here with car trouble and the hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and recently remodeled, and it is right on the main street of town, walking distance to all the restaurants, etc.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2015
Hillary
"Beds very uncomfortable"
The beds were really uncomfortable. Very small continental breakfast.....
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Ami
"If you aren't looking for sleep, stay here!"
My mistake for coming to Sonora on a short notice, this was about all we could find. The rooms are loud, especially due to the traffic on the road. Noise from other guests is crystal clear throughout. The beds are about as comfortable as sleeping on a squeaky bag of gravel... there was not a comfortable spot to sleep. I wound up sleeping in my car so my pregnant wife could attempt to get some sleep. I spent the second night sleeping at my grandmother's.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
We stayed over one weekend to get to Yosemite National park. There is convenience store across the road from the hotel. The common way had a wending machine for drinks and water. The Hotel though looks old, it is economical and just serves its purpose for a quick night stay. From initial information, the drive to park is around 1 1/2 hours. But it is over crowded at the park making our journey more than 3 hours. Hard to find parking. I suggest people to stay camping or stay in one of the lodging facilities inside the park and travel into the park very early morning or late night. Rest of the day, try to use shuttle.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Ram
"Hotel is O.K. For a night or two. Very basic."
Hotel is old and in need of remodel, but staff is friendly and helpful. Room was clean, beds, linens and towels need work though.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Kelley
Provided a cot for our 5th family member. Friendly staff.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
David L
"Try another place nearby"
The check in process went smoothly until I wasn't able to enter my room since the key was for the wrong room. I was charged a pet fee without having a pet. I would try another location nearby, the staff is distracted and careless.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Francisco
"Not recommended."
Furniture is old fashioned and beds are small. Noisy early in the morning.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Delphine
It was so terrible hotel that I don't even want to come back to Sonora!!!!!Room was not clean: dirty paper was into drawers,dirty,with spots,sheets on the bed where my granddaughter slept!!!We arrived late and was exhausted to check everything before we went to bed,but in the next morning......Breakfast was so poor,that we had to go cross the street to get something to eat(coffee in coffee machine-it's just 1 teaspoon of diluted coffee plus just hot water).No microwave in breakfast aria,just toaster and that's it. I'm not saying about"variety" of meals:bread,butter,jelly,cereal,apples... no cheese,no dairy meals at all,no eggs ....nothing hot or warm. Never ever again I would stay there...It cost me about 125$ per night to stay there and I think I've over paid four times for that dirty hole.Sorry,but I'm REALLY disappointed
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
irina
"Not the best choice"
Older hotel not kept up. Needs a refurb. Ok for short stay. Rooms not worth the price. inadequate parking. Pool good. Motel style style on main road so noisy. No breakfast room. Lumpy beds. Very old spring mattresses. Don't give receipts!
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Great place in Sonora."
Visited Senora overnight. Went out to Ironstine Vinyard for a concert. Nice close drive. Safe area. Room was a little dark. Bed was clean and comfortable. Close to downtown Sonora.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2015
Frank F
"Too expensive for what it is!"
The hotel looks nice from the outside, but we were a bit disappointed with the room! Meaning it is very very basic and old for a $125/ night rate! For that price, we've had some better comfort and aminities! Whish we had stayed at the gunn house inn next door! Unfortunately they were not pet friendly!
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Olivier
"Sonora Visit"
We choose this Hotel since it is in the Heart of Sonora and its price was good. However, if you are looking for a little Luxurious accommodation. this is not the place. Fairly The Hotel is quite outdated, but for the price its ok for just an overnighter.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Phil M.
"Great gold country hotel."
Wonderful value for price. Very clean. Paint job left walls with some imperfections, but not significant to comfort in room. Room with very useable ammenitities. Very friendly staff. Pool. Laundry services. Excellent nearby restaurants (Emberz 22 oz. rib eye steak is one block away)
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Concert weekend"
Was a good hotel for the Money ..
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
IVAR
"Very nice!"
Older hotel, but we'll maintained. Room very comfortable, AC blasting upon walking in, nice because it was hot outside! We were there for concert at Ironstone Amphitheater and the hotel staff was very helpful w/extra towels, coffee, anything we needed. Nice clean pool, comfortable bed, roomy bathroom and shower. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Sue
Good value for the price. Hotel staff was friendly, area seemed safe. I would stay here again next time in the area.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Hotel between Big Trees and Yosemite Nat'l Park."
One of a few hotels to choose from between Big Tress and Yosemite Nat'l Park. Unfortunately the stay wasn't great as the room seemed a little dirty and outdated. Beds were uncomfortable and the walls were very thin as we could hear the people next to us showering. The staff were very friendly and were able to provide extra bedding/towels when asked.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"OK hotel - disappointing breakfast"
We had a quick stay over - arrived late, left early. The room was OK, nice and clean. The wi-fi was accessible but very limited bandwidth - so difficult to search the internet for things to do and to find the next hotel. Often we got rejected to the websites we were trying to access. Breakfast - hmm - it was there but rather limited selection of food and beverages.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Last minute decision to spend the night in Sonora"
The room had funny odor. Gave me the heebee geebees. The comforters smelled funny and the AC had been off, so it took a while to get the room cooled down. On a positive note, my daughter enjoyed the pool and we had a place to sleep after our last minute trip to Yosemite.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Perfect location :-) in charming Sonora"
Sonora is a charming entrance to the great Nature parks and with a pool in the heat and great little stores and good food within walking distance we were so happy with our choice
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Family & teens
"The stay was good good people in town."
Good View w A s good and a good time .good night sleep and rested