All hotels in Sonora, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here350 S Washington Street, Sonora, CA, 95370, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overall nice hotel"
Had a good time, used the pool and the hot tub. Friendly staff and clean rooms. No siting breakfast area.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Great location. Poor breakfast. Fairly clean"
When i got the receipt from the hotel, I found out expedia charged me almost 100.00 more than the hotel bill. I would never use Expedia again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
beth
The bed is conformable, but the air condition is old. the bed sheet has dust, the stuff at the front desk is nice.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Amazing for the price but dont eat the continental"
Fine but horrible breakfast in lobby. YUCK. RUN. Let the local eateries have the revenue.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Close to several vacation destinations"
Spacious room, comfortable beds, clean sheets. Bad front desk service, they gave me wrong room after one hour of check in, I came back to ask for the room I booked and they wanted to charge me extra for it, until I spoke to the manager and she apologized and said will not incur extra charges, that the lady who helped me first was new and in training. Besides that little incident, the hotel is great! Thumbs up!
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
ulysses
"Our room was fine but our friend's was terrible"
My husband and I stayed here on Aug 2nd for a wedding. Our room was in the 49er building. For a two star motel, it's decent. We had a room in the back on the third floor. Quiet and clean, everything worked. Friendly, kind staff. Our friend was in the Goldrush building for two nights. First off, her room key did not work. It was a hike back to the office for a new key. The phone didn't work either, so on her second day she had to walk to the office to find out if we'd checked in. (She does have a cell, but no T-Mobile service in the area). My friend also has knee problems, so having to walk back and forth so many times was a real trial. Someone did fix her phone; it worked for a couple hours, then not again. The television also did not work, but was eventually was fixed mid the second day. After the reception on Saturday night, her room key didn't work again. My husband waited with her and I went to the office for another new key. The desk clerk was very nice, apparently she was the one who'd fixed the phone so it worked that couple of hours. She was sympathetic saying, "I guess she just got a bad room." Yes, I would say so. I rated the hotel based on my experience, as I think it's the right thing to do. But I thought I should also explain the issues our friend faced. She was certainly relieved when her stay was over and she left the motel. The staff was told about all the problems, but she was not moved to a "working" room, nor was there any financial compensation.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Linda A.
"Nice pool, good location, a fair choice"
The three not-so-great things were 1) the in-room coffee machine had some gruesome liquid leftover in there, making the machine unusable 2) the air-conditioner was incredibly noisy (it was over 90 degrees outside, so we had to have it) 3) the breakfast was silly. However, the staff was kind, the room was comfortable, the shower was fine, the pool was good, and it was centrally located to lots of fine dining choices (Christophe's is a really fine Italian restaurant.)
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Very Convenient Location"
At first I was pleased with the room for the price we were paying, but then as the week wore on I realized that the maids were not cleaning very well and the air conditioning needed a serious cleaning. I had some type of allergic reaction to something in the room and tried to spend as little time as possible there. It was quite noisy being on the main drag in town, but the location was very close to where we wanted to be so it's a trade-off. The pool was very nice on hot summer days. However, we probably won't stay there again since I had a sore and swollen throat every morning. I was fine when we got back to Ohio.
7 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Paula Tangenberg
"Not as expected in photos"
Don't bother with the deluxe room. From the photos it appears the deluxe room is updated / newly refurbished (nicer beds with nicer sheets/bedding). However, I was given an old room with old bed/old bedding/ and mold coming through the bathroom walls. I immediately told the lobby there must be a mistake as I had booked a deluxe room and they replied that this was a deluxe room because there was a fridge and microwave. THAT IS NOT MADE CLEAR ON THE HOTELS.COM website. VERY MISLEADING.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Horrible service"
Booked the hotel, and they had a copy of the reservation; however, when they tried to process it they did not have their system set-up correctly for prepaid rooms. They charged my card for a room when we had already paid for a room through hotels.com and now I have to call and have the charge removed. When I asked about it in the morning, they told me that everything was good and that if I saw two charges to just call. Horrible service because of this, either the staff was under trained or their system was not synced correctly to use third party services like this.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
This was my second time visiting Sonora its a charming little town. The hotel is walking distance to restaurants and coffee shops. Continental breakfast was better the last time I was there. Toast, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, coffee and juice wasn't as inviting as muffins and danish.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Nana
"Ok for an older hotel."
We had a lot of bags and it was difficult to haul them up and down the stairs.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Don
Continental breakfast was a joke. Rooms are quite old and in need of repair. Tub molding coming out and floors stained. Our room was near office, vending and stairs so it was very noisy.
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
"NOT close to Yosemite as your ad said!"
We thought we were booking "close" to Yosemite as you ad said. However, this hotel was 1.5 hours from Yosemite! Very misleading info in your post! The staff was very nice and asked if we wanted to cancel with no charge, but we had no other options but to stay. The counter in the bathroom and table in the room were badly stained and I didn't want to put anything on them w/o washing it down.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Horrible place to stay"
Stone ages rooms with very old furniture. Sheets in very poor condition. Air condition did not work in one of the rooms. Once we notified the staff, they joked about it!!!!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"closest available to Yosemite"
The hotel is very dated, but a value for the money. We did have an issue with the A/C in one of our rooms, but it was immediately rectified, Cute little town with alot of restaurants within walking distance and served our purpose for overnight stay for a day trip to Yosemite.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"Reasonable hotel a little far from Yosemite"
I stayed here to visit the Yosemite park as I envisage most guests are here for as well. The drive to the park is a winding hilly road that takes about two hours to Yosemite valley, so I would not recommend Sonora if you want to visit the park multiple days. Thus my low overall review. The hotel was decent for its price. The beds were comfortable and the fridge was useful. We stayed with a four years old so we moved the two beds together so the three of us can fit in. When we moved the bed, it revealed a dirty carpet ( which was to be expected) but the next day, the clean lady hadn't vacuumed it, and she also only left one bath towel for all of us, so that's a minus. My daughter had fun in the pool, and breakfast was good enough, so I would recommend the place if someone was specifically looking for a place to stay in Sonora or the gold mine county.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
AT
"Sonora stay"
It was a grat stay good place to stay at for the national parks
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Angelo
"pleasantly surprised"
I stayed here for one night during a two day trip to Yosemite. The price was decent and the location wasn't too far from Yosemite. I called before to double check that a late check in would be okay and the woman noted that, and I had a good room when I arrived (more modern bedsheets versus some of the pictures with older bedsheets). Would recommend to anyone who prefers staying in "civilization" to the depths of nature.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"NOISE, SPIDERS, ICE MACHINE, UNKNOWLEDGABLE STAFF"
MADE THE RESERVATION THROUGH EXPEDIA, I CALLED THE HOTEL TO VERIFY OUR RES./TRIED TO GAIN ACCESS FIRST THRU EXPEDIA, THEN THRU CALIF. INNS./ NOBODY SEEMED TO KNOW WHO I WAS. FINALLY AFTER REASSURING THEM SEVERAL TIMES WITH CONF.# C.C #$$$ IT WAS MIRACULOUSLY FOUND. SINCE MY SON AND I WERE DRIVING 17 HOURS DOWN FROM SPOKANE WA. FOR MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING ON SAT. AND A FUNERAL SHOWING ON SUN, WE REQUESTED, SEVERAL TIMES, TO GET A ROOM FAR FROM ANY NOISE AS POSSIBLE, IN ORDER TO GET SOME SLEEP. PROMISED A REAR ROOM 2 TIMES.THANKS EXPEDIA AND CALIF. INNS, FOR PUTTING US ON THE GRND FLOOR IN # 102, RIGHT NEXT TO THE:: #1. THE OFFICE #2 THE ICE MACHINE #3 THE LAUNDRY AND SUPPLIE ROOMS. #4 THE ROOM EVERYONE HAS TO LAUGH AND TALK, RIGHT OUTSIDE THE OFFICE ALL HOURS OF NIGHT AND MORNING. WHERE MOTORCYCLES, TRUCKS THROUGHOUT THE EVENING. MORNING ,WE WERE BOTH TIRED WITH HEADACHES AND DARK SPOTS ON OUR CLOTHES FROM SMASHING BUGS. TRIED TO INFORM STAFF, BUT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR IT, AND BASICALLY SAID IT COULDN'T AND DIDN'T HAPPEN. WE WERE SO TIRED, FRUSTRATED, ANGRY AND DISSAPOINTED WITH THE MOTEL, THAT WE CHECKED-OUT APROXX. 5:30 PM, AFTER LEAVING MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING RIGHT AFTER THE CAKE CUTTING, AND LOADED UP FOR THE 17 HOUR RETURN TRIP TO SPOKANE. WE ARRIVED SUN. MORNING, 11:30AM EXHAUSTED IN SPOKANE. WE RECEIVED 1 SORRY FROM A HOUSEKEEPER.............AND THAT WAS IT!! WE WORK FOR A GROUP OF HOSPITALS IN SPOKANE AND TALK TO TRAVELERS ABOUT LOCAL HOTELS/MOTELS ON A DAILY BASIS!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"1 night at Inns of California"
We are an older couple and like amenities that make our life easier. The lack of an elevator was somewhat offset by the fact we could drive around back and enter on the second or third floor. The air conditioning was individual units mounted in the wall. It had a thermostat that didn't control the temperature nor turn it off. It wasn't a hot day so we were okay with it but we had to turn it off and on in the middle of the night at the unit. This is an older hotel that otherwise seemed very well maintained. The employees were great.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Cute hotel"
For the price and the great location, I was very pleased with this hotel and the service, highly recommended.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
A-Train
"Basic"
All we needed- basic place to lay your head. Not really handicap accessible.
2 night business trip May 30, 2014
"Very old hotel"
The hotel was out of the sixties. Barely enough room to pass each other in the room. Old furniture and beds. Best feature was the pool which is located in the parking lot. Would not recommended.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Old hotel with small room"
Hotel is very old, the room is very small. The breakfast is good.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
The staff who checked us in were very pleasant and friendly, but the room was not very clean. The carpet was old and although it was a non-smoking room, it smelled as if they had just made it so a week or two ago. But fine, it isn't a very expensive room. On the second day, when the key expired and we were locked out of our room, the desk person acted as if it were a great inconvenience to reset the key card. Also, we had left the room for the entire day, and when we returned at four pm, the room had not been tidied, bed not made, garbage not emptied. Someone did come in and take our bath mat and towels - without leaving any fresh towels. When I called down for towels, nothing happened. After waiting a half an hour, I went and tracked down a housekeeper and asked for towels.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Overnight in Sonora"
The room and bed is clean but the bathroom was unacceptable. There was ring in the bowl and an awful dirty Clorox smell. Time for remodel. Staff was excellent and professional.
Other trip May 30, 2014
edz
"Cool, calm, and collected"
Nice room, comfortable bed, working AC, great shower, pool and hot tub.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Dane
"Poor hotel"
The outside was dirty, the drains were plugged, very noisy all night, strange energy -bad dreams all night. Received a wake up call at 2:30 am, ruined sleep.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
friendly staff. basic motel. ask for room facing back
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Clean and cozy motel in gold country"
The motel is conveniently located near the historic center of the little town Sonora, which served us as the base to explore gold country and Yosemite national park. To Yosemite, it's a 45-60 minute drive on winding roads, but Sonora is much more relaxed than Mariposa and Oakhurst. After a day full of hiking and sightseeing, the pool and jacuzi were a good option for recreation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are cosy but a bit outdated. The small breakfast (even without tables) was easily outperformed by the large number of sandwich and bagel stores nearby.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
"Very far for yosemite,otherwise good hotel"
The hotel rooms including facilities are great and probably best in this region. only issue is that its too too far from yosemite. Google maps and GPS won't show actual speed limits and distance.The road is full of windings and has speed limits of 20-40 miles/hr whereas gps/google shows 55 hence shows travel time of only 1hr.but real travel time is approx 3hrs. Dont drive during night else it might take more than it. day time drive will be approx 2 hrs without break. In short hotel is best with very comfortable beds but not in a convenient location for yosemite.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Nil
"Very Nice-but very far for Yosemite trip"
The hotel was very nice and comfortable , including the breakfast. Very comfortable beds and basic amenities. We booked this hotel for our Yosemite Trip and unfortunately this hotel location was so far from the Yosemite that our trip became very hectic and a nightmare . The google maps showed us that location is just 1hr 6 mins from Yosemite, but when we started driving , we ended up reaching in more than 3 hrs (The road was full of several steep curves and having actual speed limits of 20-30 miles/hr but google maps and GPS would show you 55 .Hence this location is very very far from yosemite making trip worst. Dont dare to drive to this location from yosemite during night. (no food etc is available and road is a bit scary since nothing is there like food/gas station etc , its complete forest journey for 3+hrs) but once you reach hotel , you will enjoy the comfort of bed etc since the hotel is very nice and probably the best in this region...!!
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
Nilanjan
"We had fun!"
We did enjoy! My brother's family and my family had fun is not a 5 star hotel but we loved it! The pool, the rooms and the girl at the front desk was very, very nice!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Diana
"Beds were very hard and uncomfortable."
Woke up many times during the night due to the hardness of the bed. Not good sleep conditions considering that's what you want when you want a place to sleep
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"COMFORTABLE AND CLOSE TO SITES AND TOWN"
GREAT-NOT A FIVE STAR HOTEL-BUT THEN AGAIN, WE DID NOT PAY FOR A FIVE STAR-A GOOD BUDGET HOTEL. ASKED FOR A ROOM IN THE BACK WHICH WAS QUIET AND COMFORTABLE-I'LL BE BACK.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"Very kid friendly"
From the moment my family arrived and up till we departed, the staff at the hotel were very accommodating. The room was a little dated, but comfortable and clean.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Friendly service"
Our experience with the staff was excellent. Bobbie Jo was friendly, professional, and very helpful. She made us feel welcome and helped us to enjoy the town's best resources. The room was rather worn and smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke. The beds were small but pillows were very comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Pacifican
"AWSOME NIGHT STAFF!!!"
I stay at the Inn very frequently. The staff is AWSOME and very accommodating to my needs.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
Jennifer Fleming
"3 night stay for work in Sonnora area"
Dirty Room and No clean towels or Room Clean on last night.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Check in clerk was very friendly and engaging. She gave us a warm welcome in from the rain and had an upbeat tone to her voice that was very pleasant. Great job to her! Check out clerk seemed distracted. I placed my key cards on the counter and asked if there was anything else I needed to sign or do. She shrugged her shoulders and without looking at me said, "I don't think so." She did not ask how my stay was or wish me a good day, safe trip, etc. Amenity shampoo and conditioner were very nice as well as the Tom's toothpaste! We love Tom's!
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Great Time with friends"
We loved the hotel, this is the second time we have stayed here and certainly not the last. The staff were all wonderful. The rooms were clean, the bed was very comfortable. The spa was very welcomed especially after a full day of motorcycle riding.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
"one night stand"
went to Jamestown Harley Davidson Chili cook off. stayed one night in sonora and went home next day. Pleasant and accomodating.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
hotrod
"Close to local sights."
Clean and good size room. Beds, TV and appliances are nice and updated. The bathroom really needs to be updated. The complimentary breakfast was not much. Coffee was not great. Staff was nice.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
"Located in the heart of Sonora"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bathroom was large. The t.v. remote sucked and so did the cable service. The walls and windows were very thin, so we could hear everything happening in and around the hotel outside. Though, the noise is probably not a common occurrence. It was the weekend of the Celtic Faire so the night life was livelier than I suspect is usual. The continental breakfast wasn't great but it was complimentary, so I can't complain. We've had better but we've also had worse. The best thing about this hotel is you get a great value for being so close to everything. We were walking distance to all of the restaurants and shops. If you stay here you must eat at Christopher's Ristorante! Phenomenal Italian restaurant! All in all we had a decent stay.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Jennifer B.
"Three days of business made comfortable."
Every member of staff that I met was so helpful and cheerful. The quality of the hotel and price made our stay enjoyable. We will be back next year.
3 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
Sam
"very comfortable"
comfortable, dated hotel within easy walking distance of restaurants.
2 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"Quick trip."
I was passing through Sonora and stayed only one night due to previous commitments. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful when it was time to choose a restaurant for dinner. The hotel is not fancy, but it has everything you need. A refrigerator and a microwave. Plus, a comfy bed.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"REALLY basic hotel"
This hotel was VERY basic. Small room, good beds, had a fridge, room was clean, shower was clean, water was hot. All those things were fine. BUT, the noise from the road outside was excessively loud, walls very thin...we could hear our neighbors tv and conversations. Paint on walls was chipped, and "continental breakfast" was pretty inedible. Also, No outlets to plug in phone charger. I wouldn't choose to stay here again. This is a "you get what you pay for" hotel. Rates were cheap, but there's a price
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
"Old hotel and not very clean"
Not very clean, noisy off a Main Street and items are not well maintain
Other trip Feb 20, 2014