All hotels in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States of America
504 Historic Nature Trl, Gatlinburg, TN, 37738, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Staff Excellent; Old Hotel; Good Value"
Aged hotel but close to downtown and fair for the price; don't expect WiFi service - we were on the first floor (100 feet from the lobby) and had a very poor signal all week; kids enjoyed the indoor pool and mini-golf green
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
"Exellent hotel"
we love this hotel, very clean room with spacious balcony and nice view
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
"Ok for price"
No hot water in the hotel. Hot water heater went out. Went without shower or shave. Mostly looked nice but needs new carpet throughout. This would improve looks tremendously
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Hotel was a little distance from the main street"
We had a great stay, the hotel was clean, however it was a little further away from the main area than we realized. I did book a pool side room, and ended up with a mountain view.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Byron
"Decent hotel and price for the area. Awesome pool"
Little further from the main strip than i was hoping. Costs $5-10 for parking anywhere in Gatlinburg, so it would have been nice to be a little closer, but good distance if you're looking to be a little further from the crowds. Great indoor pool. Very friendly staff. Don't be fooled by the ski lodge picture, that's a different facility down the street which you probably won't be able to see from your room. I thought that was a picture of the hotel, so I was a little disappointed.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Wes
"Not a happy camper"
When we arrived, I was given the option of taking an interior room with a king bed, or taking an outside room with two queen beds and a view of the parking lot, ( I booked a two queen bed mountain view). Took the two bed option, when I walked into the room it was like walking into a 80's motel, very stuffy, and very smelly. Went back to the desk and switched to the interior room. Bed was hard, no comforter or blankets, bathtub had rust and broken tile. Pool was the best part. Location was convenient for Gatlinburg. There are better options.
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
GRN
"Rundown and outdated"
Hotel use to have great reputation Now it is rundown and in poor condition. Bathroom had rust in it, bathroom door would hardly close, would not stay there again unless it was totally remodeled and updated
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Not too close nor too far away"
If you are an early riser while your spouse sleeps, you wont find coffee until 7 am....I mean anywhere and than $1 per cup at buffet line. Most motel/hotels I have stayed have free coffee in lobby. :( I wish they would remove the in room coffee pots and put the money towards coffee in the lobby. My family ( eleven people ) enjoyed their stay and would return to the Glenstone Lodge. Kids loved indoor pools. Front desk Staff great and Breakfast buffet great deal and staff was super with the grandkids breakfast needs
4 night trip Sep 4, 2013
Rusty
"Nice....sort of!"
I was disapointed in the location of our room. We were assigned a room at the very far back of the hotel and it was clear there were plenty of more convenient locations.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"Nice, but out dated."
Hotel staff was nice, but rooms need updating, the view from the back was very nice.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"Will do for the price"
The front desk clerk Stephen was very kind and helpful. The room was a lil disappointing, needed updating, had 2 lights that completely didn't work. There were permanent stains on the laminate countertops. It was quiet. The mountain view really wasn't a mountain view. It was CLEAN! That's the most important thing to me.
"Nice choice"
Great experience for my first time at this location. Right in the heart of Gatlinburg
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Perfect for Downtown Gatlinburg"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The buffet was fantastic as well. My children had a blast in the pool as well. We will stay there again!
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"good option to stay"
close to attractions, yet off the main road. Quiet and peaceful setting. A short 3-5 minute walk to the main street of the town. The hotel itself is a little older, but clean and well cared for.
DrB
"All Balconies not the same"
We paid $10 extra for a room with a balcony. When we checked in, we were given a room with an outside walkway to the room and a chair next to the door. I don't think this should be considered a balcony. We were not discounted the $10. Other than this, our stay was O.K. Breakfast at the hotel cafe was very good.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Convenient to strip but far enough away to be quiet. Great pool!
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"Failure of competent management"
The first night was pleasant enough... However the second night after the pool closed a family Remained in the pool area drinking ... Later a fight began and when I called the front desk the Night clerk told me she would sort it out... This was at 11:30pm... By twelve it was getting louder so I called again (as well as several other guest ) T this time I was told their policy was to call the manager Who was not answering the phone and she was not permitted to call the police . By 3:30 they had brought their fight into the hallway and had migrated to their rooms shortly thereafter. I missed my early class and complained to the front desk being told the manager was busy and would call me..... No call came through and three days later I called to repeat the situation only to hear a frustrated, angry, full of excuses not solutions manager without resolution.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
paula
"Wonderful stay"
Very nice hotel. its outdated but still very clean. The pool area is really cool, but the 2nd day the hot tub was cold and they said that happens b/c of the waterfall :( well I would think they would change that. The staff is very friendly and upgraded our room to a suite for our honeymoon. The hotel is about 3 big blocks away from the strip so it makes for a lot of walking. Only one elevator to and its hot inside. But it was a really nice stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2013
Lacy
"Polar bear."
I only had one problem with the hotel. The indoor pool was freezing cold. It felt like they were getting the water from the stream. We played in it everday, but it would have been better if it had been heated.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
katsell
"Within Walking Distance to Gatlinburg"
Everyone was very friendly, and our room was nice enough, looked clean and didn't smell like smoke, which was good. The overall place is very old, though, which may be a turn off to some people. It kind of gave the illusion of being dirty, even if it wasn't! Didn't personally check out the pool area (only stayed one night) but it looked awesome! Great location for downtown Gatlinburg (1/2 mile walk).
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Emily
"We celebrated our 50th Anniversary here"
I called to ask about an early check in and they were very accommodating. Because I have a small service dot they were vary nice to give us an outside room s we could easily walk her. They were very good about suggesting places to go to make our stay more memorable. We enjoyed our stay very much and will return again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"disappointment"
I decided to pay a little more to book a room with a mountain view. Also I was told by the Expedia to call them a day or two to ask for a refrigerator and a microwave. So, I called and confirmed my room and for the refrigerator and a microwave. As excited as I could be, we got into my room, there was no mountain view... only air conditioning unit view as we opened our curtain and no microwave. I was so disappointed and called the front desk right away. As a solution, 2 options were given... to leave and find another hotel to stay, or stay in that room and have a complimentary breakfast. There was no explanation as to what happened to the room that was booked. I felt like the manager was saying, take it or leave it. Plus, the walls are very thin in the room. You can hear the conversations in the next room and the TV ( all night long) . If you want to stay at a nice quiet place with a nice view, this isn't the place.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"This was a trip with grandson."
We have stayed here several times over the years and have always been very pleased. Our grandson has always enjoyed the jndoor pool. The breakfast buffet is also very good.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Gatlinburg a great visit"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Glenstone Lodge the grounds were spread out and well maintained. The location was perfect. Just a short walk to downtown. This is an older hotel and has some maintenance issues but DO NOT let those deter you from booking this hotel. The facility was clean, the staff was wonderful and I really enjoyed the indoor pool. I think of all the hotels in the area this one had the best location. We walked down the hill and there we were in the middle of everything. The area was also very quiet which we appreciated. It was an excellent choice for our stay.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
Roxysmom
"good deal"
This hotel is reasonably priced and conveniently located a 5-10 minute walk from the Gatlinburg "strip." It has indoor/outdoor pools that my kids loved.
5 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
Andy
"Nice location walking distance to downtown."
The Hotel is a little dated, but the location is good . I got a room on the indoor pool side because I had a 8 year old son who loves the water. The pool is open till 11:00 P.M. so it was loud . I don't go to bed early so no big deal for me. If you retire early you might not want a room on that side of the hotel. Service was good and the clerk was professional.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Randy
"Nice pool and friendly staff."
We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was off the beaten path, but still within walking distance to the main parkway. We were hoping for a better view instead of the usual sidewalks and hotels, but unfortunately our room was facing the front entrance. Other than the bathroom needing a better cleaning, the room itself was great. For the price paid, location, pleasant staff, and it being the middle of summer we were very pleased with the hotel and would absolutely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Tracy
"Nice hotel ..."
Over all nice hotel. Didn't have our room ready until shortly after 3:00. We ask for a different room as we could see several vacant ones. We arrived an hour or so before check hoping to get in our room. We have a special needs child. Desk did not offer a different room and had us wait until shortly after check in time. Again I there was several vacant rooms. Both pools could have been cleaner. Hotel rooms were nice and loved that we could control our own temperature in the room.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
carlee
"As Described"
The room was clean and the air conditioner worked properly. The room service was properly done and the front desk staffs were prompt and helpful too. The $8.95 breakfast buffet was reasonable. The hotel location was little bit away from the main street of Gatlinberg but it was calm and surrounded with trees. The only problem was malfunctioined ice machines except 5th floor. Otherwise, staying two nights at this hotel was excellent.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"WAY OVERPRICED!!!"
I had initially looked at a few other hotels in the area that were less expensive but opted to "splurge" on an "upgraded" lodging experience. Ice machines non functioning. Indoor "hot tub" was anything but hot and jets were non functional. Bar not open due to "management changes" and rooms that appear much nicer in photos than in real life. Had this room been $50 then I would have no complaints. Super 8 across the street was just as nice and was only $50. My mistake. Hopefully you won't make the same mistake.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
DJ
"Great pool"
Ice machines were not working
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Hotel stay"
Water fall at pool not working. Most ice machines not working. Room was good. Not far from shops, walking distance. Just ok.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"One night stand thank goodness"
Not happy. Reception was inattentive bordering on rude. Hotel is old but basically clean. However, price was high compared to area and hotel not upgraded in even small items, like a showerhead.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"Not worth the money!!!"
Room was very old. It was clean. It was a long walk up hill from the shops. It wasn't worth the price.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"Beautiful location!"
We decided on the spur of the moment to visit Gatlinburg for the weekend and found this hotel on the web site. Good price for a same-day reservation. We were very pleased with the location-fantastic view of the mountains, plus the soothing sound of the nearby creek. Main street was a short walk away, but we were far enough away to avoid the noise and traffic. The staff was very friendly, and there was a nice selection for breakfast at a good price. We definitely plan to come back!
3 night romance trip Jul 12, 2013
Ron
"Enjoyed the hotel and stay"
Overall a good hotel. I do have a couple of issues however. Breakfast cost $8.95. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I would like a little something to eat before I start the day. Instead of eating at the hotel, I walked across the street and ate at the Log Cabin Pancake House. Good food, great price, and wonderful atmosphere. Also I got a different room than the one I reserved. Not complaining, just wondering what happened? Overall a pleasant visit. Nice staff, clean, quiet, good location for walking around town.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
Enjoyed the stay at Glenstone. It would be nice if they had more parking spaces. That is the biggest problem with this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2013
"Convenient and Better Than Some Others In Town."
internet service poor. nice pool area. pleasant sfaff. convenient to downtown.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Cooper
"Great place for the price."
We stopped over for the night and it was just fine. Paid $89 for the night. Pool is set up pretty cool. Kids swam and enjoyed it.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2013
Nice place. Kids enjoyed the pools and is very close to all attractions. It was nice to be able to walk to everything. The rooms could use a little updating but, it was a decent place to stay.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2013
Terha
"Great Location; Nice Place to Stay"
We initially booked the hotel with a room overlooking the indoor pool. Terrible mistake. We are older and did not think about kids who would be in the pool yelling and screaming until 11:00p. So we asked to transfer rooms, and the staff was very accommodating, doing so without extra charge. And we had a nice view of the stream, with the peaceful sound of a waterfall. What a difference! The room itself was roomy; the bath and vanity a bit small, but for a few days, it was fine. The room was very clean and smelled nice. The hotel is located just a couple of blocks from all of the Gatlinburg shops and restaurants and sites and things to do. It is also located within walking distance of the skyline ride and the tram ride. As an added attraction, and our favorite (since we made this trip for the beauty of the mountains), there is a winding road up the mountain within a mile of the hotel. The views are awesome. We saw wildlife (a bear, wild turkey and her hatchlings). What a beautiful experience. All in all, the hotel is in a great location and the staff (administrative and housekeepers) were great. They were very helpful and extremely pleasant and nice. For the few things in the hotel we weren't crazy about, the great things more than made up for them.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
JJ
"Room"
Too much light! Light & cigarette smoke came in through gaps around door. Light came in thru window over door. Mold in bathroom had been caulked over not removed. (Mold can agrivate allergies) Bed was hard and a little uncomfortable. Based on the room I found it hard to believe this was a 3 star hotel. I' m glad I didn't pay full price and even what I did pay was a little much considering the room. Lastly, could not get wi fi in the room, had to go to the lobby to get access. Loud aircondishoner.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
meg
"Good location, show age and wear"
I don't stay in 1 or 5 star hotels (dumps or outrageously expensive). I seek moderately priced 4-star and typically use Hamptons as a benchmark. This hotel is below my 4-star standard mostly because it is old and shows a lot of wear and tear. The location is good - within walking distance of downtown Gatlin shopping and restaurants. It is very near the ski lift and viewing tower. Since parking is a problem in this area, it is good to have a location close enough to walk. It is also on a bus route if you want to circle the area that way. The room was a typical hotel room and was clean but was well worn. We purchased their buffet breakfast for about $9 and it was a good meal with all you could eat. The road in front of their place takes you directly into a very nice park drive and hiking options. The front desk people were nice and the pool was unusual with a waterfalls/fountain-type thing that made it better than the typical plain pool.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
FishyGuy
"Keeping tradition alive"
We stayed at Glenstone Lodge couple of times during a 10 year periods when my kids were little and they are the ones that decided to stay there again even though they are 19 and 18 years old. It was great memories for them then and now. They loved the pool when they were little. Great walking distance to the main street of Gatlinburg.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2013
Brigitte
The hotel was in walking distance of my event, the staff was friendly, and my room was nice.
3 night business trip Mar 7, 2013
Tiffany
"Nice room; good price."
Nice (but not super-fancy) rooms with useful amenities for a very reasonable price. We like that it is walking distance to everything in Gatlinburg and is easy access to National Park. Good parking. We also enjoyed the pool area. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Maggie
"Great - except for cleanliness"
A little dated, but surprisingly nice, family friendly hotel with great staff and fantastic pool, easy walking distance fromthe main strip in Gatlinburg - but we had a couple cleanliness issues. One, some hair on the side of the tub. Two, a rather large bug in the pool area (came out of the large planted area, I think). I almost hate to write this, since the staff was so friendly and helpful and the place otherwise seemed very clean - not like they were letting it go - so maybe we were just unlucky, but I feel compelled to be completely honest about our experience. I would really like to recommend the place, but hesitate because of the hair and bug.
3 night family trip May 23, 2013
"Middling Quality, middling value"
Older hotel, a bit long in the tooth, and a bit overpriced for its condition.
1 night family trip May 25, 2013
"Good Value"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very good.The breakfast at the hotel was also very good and priced well compared to a nearby pancake restaurant. The indoor pool water looked cloudy during our 3 day stay so we didn't use it. located about a 1/2 mile walk to downtown and there is a shuttle stop just outside. We stayed the third week in May so tourism was down. One night there was a couple with small children in the adjoining room.We could hear them talking so the sound insulation is a little weak. We didn't consider it a problem. Overall, it's a decent place to stay.
Other trip May 29, 2013
"Not bad, not great."
There are a couple of things about Glenstone Lodge that worked out really well for us. The first is that they hotel still had rooms available after many others had sold out for the holiday weekend. We arrived 2 hours before check in time, but our room was already ready for us, so that was great. The hotel is old, but the rooms were clean. Each room has a balcony and I really enjoyed that. There is a rather nice indoor pool. There were some things I didn't like though, first of all this hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from anything on the main strip and the walk back and forth got old quickly, on the other hand it was really easy to access the park, which is the main reason I go to Gatlinburg anyway. My biggest complaint is that the shower in our room was seemingly affected by every other faucet in the entire hotel, so as soon as I would get the water temperature where I wanted it I would be blasted with either freezing cold or burning hot water. Personally I think the hotel is a bit overpriced for being so far from the strip, but if you had a family that would make better use of the pool it might be worth it. Not bad, but I probably won't stay there again specifically because of the location.
2 night trip May 25, 2013