All hotels in Napa, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1386 Calistoga Ave, Napa, CA, 94559, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Beautiful Historical Inn/ Great Breakfast"
My husband and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary and we wanted to find a historical bed and breakfast in Napa. We stayed in the Elizabeth Suite. When we made the reservation we didn't realize the Inn was actually two historical homes across the street from each other. Our suite was the only room on the bottom floor and it and was large and well appointed, with a four poster bed, a whirlpool tub, a gas fireplace, coffee station and mini fridge. The innkeeper left us freshly baked brownies and chilled champagne which was a really nice touch. We loved the breakfast every morning made with the freshest fruit and ingredients. The neighborhood was quiet and in walking distance to the Napa Wine Train and some very good resturants. On street parking was always available. We enjoyed chatting with other guests each morning is the cozy dining room.The house was built in the late 1880s and was beautifully restored. We felt very much at home and had the right amount of privacy yet we could mingle with the other guests at breakfast. The landscaping and flowers in the garden were beautiful and the neighborhood was home to several other homes from the same era. We stayed for 5 nights and we were sorry to have to leave so soon. Great romantic getaway.
5 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Marie
Wonderful B&B walking distance to downtown. The staff was incredible and truly made our experience one to remember.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Nice Inn - Great location - Room we had smelled"
We loved the inn especially downstairs - our room at top had a very musty smell so we had to keep window open whole time when it was freezing outside! The people were very accommodating - it's just someone should tell them that the room stinks - it's perhaps old heating or old vents inside that cause this - we were not sure. Slept okay.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Locals

TripAdvisor reviews for La Belle Epoque

"Hot, out of basics, poor breakast"
05/01/15 ColoradoChilidog Colorado
The exterior was inviting and we were impressed with entrance area and dining room....all went down from there. Room was too hot with anemic ac. Asked for some ice and was told they were out! The breakfast consisted of diced apples and oatmeal! What has changed? Owner too focused on cost saving vs the customer? Imagine how hot the second story rooms when it really gets hot. Seek other lodging. Note...we are seasoned travelers.
"A Mixed Bag: Impersonal and Security Concerns"
04/30/15 helenl524 Rohnert Park, California
The B&B is charming, with clean and comfortable rooms. Very firm mattress. Very nice bathroom. In residential area, so do not expect vineyard scenes. Most rooms have a.m. street noise (cars, gardeners). No phones at all in the rooms, or in the common areas that I could see. So, if one did not have a mobile, or were without power, there would be no access to emergency services. I spent two days here. From my arrival to my departure, I was never greeted by anyone...no innkeeper, proprietor, mgr., etc. A bit more unnerving, is the fact that key codes to front door are left in envelopes on the porch for guests arriving after 5:00 p.m. Any passerby has access to these all nite long. The only people I ever saw in the B&B were a couple of other guests at breakfast and 2 gals in blue uniforms who seemed to be both the kitchen staff and the cleaning women. My last night there I was a bit spooked because I felt like I was the only one in this big empty house. In my bedroom, trying to go to sleep, I kept visualizing the envelope on the porch that was there when I returned from dinner that night. As of midnight, the guest for whom the envelope was left had not yet arrived, so I felt a bit unsettled. Locks on the bedroom doors are pretty flimsy (no deadbolts) and gaps between doors and frame would allow anyone to trip the lock w/ a simple device. Atmosphere such that the few guests there at breakfast spoke in hushed tones, not interacting with one another. No innkeepers present to chat briefly, tells us best sights to see, etc. Breakfast was good, actually unique. But seemed to be an emphasis on sweet rather than a good balance. No early evening wine/cheese gathering. Because of my many other extraordinarily wonderful experiences at B&Bs all over the country, this was a real let down.
"Quiet B & B but having some issues"
04/26/15 LynnS1 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Purchased a Groupon for our stay which made it more worth the value. During our visit the main house was experiencing issues with their gas lines so we were moved next door to the other building after two nights of chilly temps and no hot water. The rooms are nice and clean and we did enjoy the splits of champagne as well as port and sherry in our room. We had a fantastic breakfast brought to our room on a morning that we needed to head out before the meal is usually served. Overall the breakfast during our stay was very nice. The manager of the property did seem to be not as present as I am used to for a B and B but I would still recommend checking this place out. Great location and you are able to walk to town if you would like.
"Nice touches"
04/15/15 FISHING-VINCE Pompano Beach, Florida
We stayed 2 nights in the house next door, which is apparently part of this property. The room was lovely with a Victorian theme. We had a fireplace (though I couldn't get it to light). It was well stocked with crystal glasses, a decanter of Sherry and another of Port. Upon arrival two splits of Mumm Napa were waiting for us as well. The bed was comfortable with soft sheets. We had an early appointment at a winery in Sonoma, so the staff packed us a Breakfast to go. When we had our other breakfast at the house, it was delicious and hot - a sort of bread pudding, with fruit, sausages, and huge chocolate and almond croissants on the side. The property is only about 3-4 short blocks away from Main Street Napa, so everything is within walking distance. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend.
"Nothing stellar "
04/07/15 Larry H Mahwah, New Jersey
Room was clean. Bed reasonably comfortable. Hot water in the shower not a guarantee. Weather in Napa unseasonably cold when we were there and our room was anything but warm. Breakfast was interesting and good but not off the charts. Couldn't find internet/wifi. Not much of a presence by the manager/proprietor
"Best kept secret in Napa!!!"
03/29/15 LeelaF Scottsdale, Arizona
I almost do not want to write this review because I am afraid I will never get a reservation again, but I loved it so much that I am! From the moment we pulled up everything was so pristine and picturesque. Our room, the Caroline suite was adorable, with complementary port, a jacuzzi bathtub, great robes, and an automatic fire place. It had its own backyard and street parking. We were greeted by Cherie the Chef who was not only kind and informative, but her breakfasts and afternoon treats were some of the best I've ever had. We booked an amazing package with the Platypus wine tour and our 2 nights stay, and I recommend this to anyone wanting to experience Napa at its finest. We will be back!
"Large rooms, beautiful property, scrumptious breakfasts!"
03/28/15 ItsBetterUncorked Los Angeles, California
Location An easy 10-15 minute stroll to downtown Napa / Riverfront area. Ample parking on the street and behind the property. The Room Stayed in Gamay, which is at the front, bottom-floor of the property. As pictured, it has large stained glass windows which adds to the character - and not to mention the "wow factor" - of the room. Roomier than most B&B's I've stayed at, there's a lot of attention to detail given here that goes beyond the doily-ridden-grammy's-house look that other B&B's suffer from. Service The Inn-Keepers and owner made you feel like they really cared about your business and your experience. Room for improvement would be the ability to reach them (most calls to the Inn go to voicemail) but this seems normal for B&B's as they are usually staffed by an owner / chef / front desk person all rolled into one. Food & libations Aside from a delicious gourmet 2-course breakfast each morning, they provide many other complimentary perks: chocolate truffles and champagne on ice in your room to welcome you, port and cherry each evening, tea/coffee pastry mates such as biscotti or other Italian cookies, fresh-baked goods and a steady standby bowl of fresh fruit. Bonuses Outside seating in the garden and two generous seating areas in the living room. High ceilings throughout the property. Quirks The WiFi was spotty, and the shower in Gamay is a whirpool tub / shower shoved into a converted closet (but tastefully done). A plus in that it's separate from the toilet and sink, but climbing into it just takes a bit of getting used to.
"Nice B&b! "
03/21/15 AK L Atlanta, Georgia
My husband and I stayed here for one night. The Zinfandel room was very nice - definitely enjoyed relaxing in the jetted tub! We were able to walk to many restaurants and shops, as well as close to wineries. Breakfast was great! They were accommodating with my vegetarian diet and husband's picky eating habits :) So delicious. Our only complaint was that our room was VERY warm. Luckily, it was March and cool outside so opening the window helped make the temperature more comfortable because we weren't able to reach the innkeeper.
"Great Stay!"
03/21/15 Lauryn B
We spent two nights in the Pinot Noir room. Everything was lovely. The breakfast was amazing and the whole experience was great. The room was clean and adorable and the robes were fantastic. The champagne was a wonderful touch.
"Wonderful Gem in the heart of Napa"
03/17/15 Tiny_Sommelier
We found this amazing wee gem by shear luck! My family and I were travelling through Claifonia but we only booked the hotels as we went. Everywhere we called was full etc so we stopped in the shade of a tree to call another place when I saw that next to us was Le Belle Epoque! I ran in to see if they had anything for us and they did! Everything from our rooms (all named after grape varieties) to their help with our fab wine tour and even recommendations on what to do and where to go in Napa. The breakfast every morning is wonderful, a course of fruit and then a hot dish, all of which was beautifully presented, tasty and different every morning. In the lounge they even provided port and sherry for a wee night cap. I could not recommend this place enough!