All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
170 N Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA, 90049, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Value"
I really thought for the price this hotel was a great value. It was updated, good service and very comfortable. If you can't handle road noise then it may not be for you but road noise doesn't really bother me. We will definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Shannon
"Nice hotel, great service."
The hotel has a modern design and the service was very friendly. It was close to the 405 so a bit noisy but it didn't bother me too much. I liked the fact that I was close to everything I needed during my stay.
7 night business trip May 26, 2015
Ekram
"Awesome place!"
Staff was all around very pleasant. Super cool hotel, very trendy. Free valet with in and out for guests was a huge plus. Noisy outside due to being right off the freeway, but when the balcony door was closed, no noise at all. Highly recommend this place, very cool and comfortable.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Roland
"disappointing"
THe hotel room was OK, but we left the restaurant after waiting about an hour for our order to arrive! Very rude! I would not stay in this hotel again.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
kay
Lobby was nice and offered wine tasting upon arrival. Rooms are small and not comfortable. My room did not have a chair for the desk & when I called they brought what seemed to be a chair used in a conference room. Digital clock had numbers missing, outlet in bathroom did not work so could not use hair dryer in bathroom and I had a light bulb out by the desk. Freeway noise was not good. This is not a 3.5 star
2 night business trip May 27, 2015
Jean
"Love The Angeleno!"
It's fun to look down on the 405 and really feel like you're in LA. The freeway access makes it super-convenient, but we chose to gather with friends in the hotel's restaurant -- good food, good bar, good service, not too trendy (that's a plus, btw) and not too noisy. Parking is free with your stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. Everyone was helpful and pleasant. The Angeleno may not be a luxury hotel, but it's our pick when visiting friends and family in LA.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
mary ann
"convenient"
Great restaurant on the top floor
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Nice front desk"
Nice front desk people. Would have liked complimentary coffee in the morning and free wifi though.
2 night family trip May 25, 2015
"The Round Hotel Wasn't Square"
Stayed for an overnight before an appointment at UCLA med. Proximity to all aspects of UCLA and Westwood Village is great! You can avoid the traffic at peak times by taking side streets. Hotel is old and remodeled. The complimentary valet is a huge bonus, and they were super fast. We did Happy Hour at West restaurant on the 17th floor...great prices on small bites and cocktails, and watched the traffic crawl on the 405 through the huge panoramic windows. Overall a very positive stay, reasonable rate and we will stay again!
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Cortney
"A Memorial weekend getaway visit to LA"
Hotel accomodations are comfortable but WIFI service was a dissappointment. Noise from close by I-405 was not an issue. West Restaurant options were more than adequate and plenty choices are available for all meals. Restaurant and hotel staff are very friendly and into providing the best service you expect - You will not be dissappointed. Hotel location is a BIG plus as most of key West LA locations like Century City, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills are within 10-15 minutes away.
5 night family trip May 21, 2015
Ricardo
Stayed for 2 nights. Best thing about this hotel is its location. Surprisingly this hotel is super nice inside. Room is clean and service is excellent. I'll wait to see if there will be surprise charges.
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Hotel Angeleno"
Very noisy hotel from 405 traffic. Rooms were small and overpriced. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Glenn
"Good Hotel"
The hotel was amazing, I do feel that the room was a bit tight but it's very nice place, the pool gets heated it's amazing. Although a jacuzzi would have been great but it's good,
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"awesome"
From the time we got there to the end of our stay...its been awesome. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Extremely comfortable, staff was absolutely excellent, and brunch in the penthouse restaurant was outstanding!
Other trip May 25, 2015
"nice hotel"
it is nice and clean. it is a good place to choose. near from shopping centers. it is comfortable.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Hana
"Good location, close to UCLA"
Convenient location to UCLA and surrounding area; right off 405 so easy access to Santa Monica and other beaches.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Great Hotel in Great Location for LA Getaway"
This hotel has been updated, and the rooms were comfortable. The hotel is round, so the rooms are pie-cut. The room was plenty big for myself and my husband + luggage, but I would not put more than 2 people in the room. Every room has a small balcony. Hotel staff was very helpful and polite and called us by name. Free valet parking and free shuttle within 3 mile range was a big plus! Hotel is very close to the Getty museum, and the shuttle is free, which saves on parking cost. Hotel is right off the 405 freeway and Sunset Blvd, so getting around town was easy. We ate lunch at the hotel restaurant one day, and it was good but a little pricey. There is an outdoor pool that looked nice, but it was too cold to swim. We would definitely stay here again.
4 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Ashley
"Great location to get anywhere"
2 double beds instead of queen beds wasn't ideal...also the glass bathroom door does not provide enough privacy...Loved the windows that really opened and we could have REAL air!
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Boutique Beauty!"
The hotel staff and service was superb! The property was clean and beautifully decorated - a great update for an older building. The location was a little noisy because it's beside the 405, but easy access to UCLA and the Getty more than made up for it! We loved the views from the restaurant!
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Ann
"Great value"
Very pleased. Hotel was clean, easy access to most of LA, sandwiched between safe upscale neighborhoods. Freeway noise was not an issue. Daily room cleaning/replenishment could have been more thorough, but still a great value hotel.
4 night family trip May 6, 2015
"High Value in Land of High Prices"
Stayed one night to visit friends. Very close to Santa Monica, LAX, and other site. Staff was efficient and the hotel lovely. Top floor restaurant has amazing views. Free parking and Wifi are nice in city where nothing is free. Rooms are comfortable and bathroom in good condition. I will use this hotel next time in LA.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Alex
"Good value and close to Getty Museum!"
We had a very good experience with the room and staff. However, when the valet brought our car around as we were checking out, he helped us load the car, we tipped him, and he neglected to give us our keys. We have a Prius so it does not need a key for the ignition, and I had my set of keys in my purse. The hotel called within minutes to say that we had 'left our keys to our car with the valet'. When we went back to pick up our keys from the valet he stated that 'you wouldn't believe how many keys we end up having to mail to people.' I was dumbfounded. He said it as if it was the fault of the hotel guest and not the fault of the valet! Thankfully, it was the only downside we encountered on this visit. We have stayed at Hotel Angeleno before and found it very satisfying. Oh, one more thing. They provided one very nice hotel robe, which we found lovely but odd since there were two of us.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Pam
"Exploring LA"
Very pleasant staff, food was upscale and tasty, and easy access for driving. Interstate noise was no issue for us.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Carla
"As close as it gets to freeway!"
The hotel overall was wonderful, however because my room could not have possibly been any closer to the I405 freeway unless I camped on it next to the hotel it made the price a little too much for the constant freeway noise. The valet parking was a nice treat but I felt that I was constantly tipping because I had a busy 4 days moving my daughter out of her college apartment. That further drove the price point up for what I was actually getting. my room smelled funny the first night and the down comforter had a curious dirty stain on it which further annoyed me for the price I paid for the room. The housekeeper changed the linens and all was good. I'm sure the rooms away from the freeway are very nice and it would make a huge difference in my stay. I would not stay there again however because of the small room and noise.
4 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"Nice hotel centrally located"
Nice hotel, It seemed like my room was a little dusty however I realized that everything in LA is dusty because it's basically a desert near a windy ocean! The restaurant was a little pricey in my opinion, complementary valet only, no option to park your own car - that was nice at times but annoying at others since I was there for an extended stay, no soda or snack machines in the hotel, there are ice machines on the 8, 10 & 12 floors. Ask for a room that doesn't face the 405.
Other trip May 5, 2015
claire
I stayed 5 nights they didn,t clean my rome twice time and when i talk with front desk they said you put the do not disturb sighn but i didn,t put it they are lying .
yaqoub
"Great place with a little traffic noise."
Interesting iconic building, vintage "stack of records" style from 1960s LA era, a bit quirky but not bad. Staff was friendly and helpful, room comfortable and clean. Only negative issue was proximity to freeway, which made it a bit noisy. However, when the AC unit in the room was on, it evened out the traffic noise and made sleeping a more reasonable possibility. Valet parking only.
Colrick
"one night stay good experience"
First time stay; I'm a business traveler and was only there one night. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Bath tub drain wasn't working right and if I was there longer I would have notified the staff. I didn't have time to have breakfast but the menu looked appealing. Very convenient location and reasonable price. I would stay again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Nice hotel close to UCLA"
I had meetings at UCLA. Hotel is a $4 Uber ride from the campus. Very convenient, nice staff. Rooms a little small due to circular design if building but roomy enough. Would recommend.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Great hotel with a personal touch"
My wife booked this hotel for me. I was a bit wary at first. Originally built as a Holiday Inn, I thought "If THEY can't make a go of it..." However, from the moment I arrived, any trepidation disappeared. The hotel is modern without being pretentious. The staff is warm and attentive. The carpets, furniture, towels -- you name it, are all very nice and well-maintained; things feel like new though I know this hotel is a few years from its opening. If I have a complaint, it's the freeway noise. But it's a given: a hotel with this kind of proximity to the 405 is bound to have traffic noise. That is a given so you either accept it or not. What's more, the noise is not so bad (and not at all a factor if your AC is on) that I consider it at all bothersome. In fact, soon after getting into my room, the sound of the passing cars and trucks seemed to fade into the background. If nothing else, I just made believe the sound was the roar of the ocean. Staying at this hotel is worth it.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Perfect location for my visit."
The hotel is perfectly located with easy access to LAX, Santa Monica, and to the Skirball Center where I attended a Conference. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom set up was a little tight and awkward. Interactions with the staff were all very positive, helpful, and professional. I would return and recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Motel Angeleno"
This hotel is isolated right on the 405. Traffic noise is horrendous. On the surface, the hotel seems nice, but it's the little things that were incredibly obnoxious. For starters, the staff is way too insincerely friendly - like stepford canadians. And the keys are round, don't fit in your wallet or key chain. I would avoid this hotel at all costs.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
"."
Awesome hotel!
3 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Jamie
"unique hotel convenient to Westwood, UCLA, Getty"
Almost ON the freeway, but my room was perfectly quiet. Ate a couple meals (including breakfast) at the West Restaurant: very nice. All good. Convenient for my drive down from Sacramento.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Louise
"Good location, but hotel is worn and needs updates"
This hotel needs a renovation. However, it is located very close to UCLA.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Sandra
"LA visit"
We were working our way up the coast & LA was our second stop. The hotel served as a place to sleep while we viewed the sites. The room was small & a little noisy since the hotel is located right on the freeway. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. I was a little disappointed that there was nothing within walking distance. Easy access to highway & a quick drive to check out Beverly Hills.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
We had a nice room on relatively high floor. It stands on the freeway, so it's not exactly a super-quiet place, but it's really close to get out.
"Noisy!"
I was aware of the hotel's location when I booked it but expected a quieter room for the price. The windows must be single paned and very poorly insulated. The noise from the street is terrible. Our room was on the 16th floor which also has some conference rooms on the same floor. The entrance to the kitchen was right across our room and we heard banging doors and kitchen noises from across the hall until very late at night. At 7 a.m. the staff decided the hallway needed vacuuming- that was a very short night. When I booked it, I looked on the map and saw that UCLA and the Getthy are both walking distance but you can't walk anywhere from this hotel. There are no sidewalks going anywhere. Other than that, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The free glass of wine and appetizers were a nice surprise. We won't be staying there again, it is too noisy.
Mo
"visit to ucla"
comfortable hotel near UCLA. Shuttle service was very convenient. Better and cheaper than the hotels near UCLA
jospeh
"Great experience."
Great location. Wonderful hotel-top restaurant. Superb cuisine - everything was top-notch. Only issue was I would have preferred a tub instead of just a shower.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"The only good thing is the location"
Rooms needs renovation i really loved the location
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
mohammad
"The Angeleno is great for visiting the Getty Cente"
A very comfortable and friendly place and very convenient to the Getty Center (the destination for our trip). Proximity to the 405 means that there's a bit of steady white noise from the highway day and night, and the site is pretty isolated (there's only on off-premises restaurant accessible on foot). The van service (available by reservation 1st-come-1st served) is very helpful. There is also good city bus service with stops right at the hotel entrance (Santa Monica's "Big Blue" and LA Metro) which we found useful for getting around without a car (contrary to the reputation of LA's transit options). We had good conversations with other visitors during the evening hour for wine and snacks (free) in the lobby, and a nice (if expensive) meal at the in-house restaurant one evening.
4 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Putnam
It's right off the expressway, so it can be a bit noisy if you're a light sleeper. However, the location was very convenient to UCLA, Universal Studios, Santa Monica, and other locations. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The West has great views and good food. We were able to take advantage of the complimentary wine service and that was a nice touch.
4 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Bizarre Hotel With Insufficient Desk Staff"
The Hotel Angeleno is easy to spot, it is a cylinder overlooking 405 near Sunset. But that round design, which might have seemed sleek and modern when they built it, works against the place. The rooms are pie wedges and I found them very cramped. There was no place to put a suitcase, no side table, no additional chairs other than the desk chair. There wasn't even a closet, just a tall bureau to hang a couple things in. It's been a long time since I stayed in a hotel that didn't provide one of those universal suitcase holder doohickeys. The design is also constrained because there are only 2 elevators and 14 floors. Worse, the night we checked in one of the elevators wasn't working. I've stayed at hotels with 3 floors that have 2 elevators so this was ridiculous. Finally, all the staff were fairly attentive and pleasant with one exception -- the desk staff. I don't think it's their fault, both in checking in (at 8 pm) and checking out (at 11 am) there was only one person at the front desk. That's insane. One sign of a well-run hotel is enough staff to help the expected number of guests. The restaurant is expensive but delicious and adventurous with the menu. The valet staff are cordial. You are required to have the cars valet parked, there is no parking in front which makes things a little more challenging. I will not stay here again. I am willing to pay more for a more spacious room and a properly staffed front desk.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Maddi
"Excellent location for a visit to UCLA"
Front desk staff was very professional and courteous. Parking valets work extremely hard.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Noel
"Hotel at the edge of LA"
The hotel location was very convenient and easy to find, but the room was very noisy, due to the fact that Hotel Angeleno was located right next to a freeway. We were on the seventh floor, so I am not sure if the noise level would be better on higher floors. Perhaps if they thickened the windows/doors, the noise level would go down. Their pool was very nice, and there was a comfortable fireplace next to it, so after swims I could go warm up next to the fire. Their restaurant was nice, their waiters were very friendly.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Convenient to expressways"
Room was very small and hotel overlooks the freeway. Refrigerator in our room did not work. Common areas are nice and pool area is beautiful. Front desk staff was friendly and Valet very accommodating.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Great location!!"
The hotel itself was very nice & had great views. Staff was very helpful & considerate.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"OK place to stay for a night or two."
Our room was on the 7th floor with a lot of noise from the nearby interstate highway that surprisingly did not impact our sleep. There were three of us and the double bed room felt really cramped. The bathroom design was odd - the glassbdoor separated shower and toilet from the sink and did not allow for much privacy. Housekeeping staff comes around as early as 8 AM and keeps knocking every 15 minutes, but they do a nice job otherwise.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015