All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
170 N Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA, 90049, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
  • Value
    Uncomfortable
"great area for UCLA"
The hotel was fine, but the rooms are a little small and crowded. No chair just desk chair. Great view from lounge, food was good, staff polite. Free valet parking was good. Prompt.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for your review, Sally! I'm glad you were able to enjoy WEST Restaurant & Lounge, as well as our other hotel amenities like free valet parking and wifi. I hope you got to take advantage of our complimentary courtesy car to UCLA! If ever in the area again, you may enjoy one of our suites, which is double the size of a regular room. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
2 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Sally
"very easy access"
Nice hotel. Didn't like the glass door to toilet stall. A door should be at entrance of bathroom. Was a little noisy at night since it is right next to the 405. Parking is Valet only...wish you had option to self park.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for your review, Cynthia! My apologies regarding the bathroom door. It sounds like you were in a handicap accessible room, which indeed does have a different layout than the majority of our other rooms. Our regular rooms do have a door at the entrance of the bathroom rather than the toilet stall. I hope you can visit us again early next year after our room renovations, which will greatly reduce any outside noise!
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Cynthia
"Superior hotel in West L.A."
The Angelino was conveniently located, impeccably appointed, and well run. The West restaurant food was delicious and perfectly prepared, and the wine list thoughtful and not overpriced. Definitely our first choice for staying in West L.A.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for your kind words, Joseph! I'm so glad you enjoyed our convenient location, WEST Restaurant & Lounge and NOT SQUARE experience! I hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary amenities, like free WiFi, valet parking and daily wine hour in the lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in West LA!
3 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
So close to the freeway is great convenience, but you will hear it slightly at night if you are a light sleeper, but they did a very good job of muting most of it. Rooms are comfortable and well done. Very good breakfast up at the top of the tower. Only detractor for me was the hallway felt tight, really who hangs out in the hallway? Jover was awesome, attentive, and made our few concerns non-issues.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for your review, Heath! I'm very glad you enjoyed our convenient location, rooms and WEST Restaurant & Lounge! Also, I'm happy to hear that you got to experience our NOT SQUARE service from Jovver - he's so great! If ever in the area, I hope you'll be able to visit us again, particularly after January 2016 when we will have completed a renovation of all the rooms! They will be even more comfortable AND quiet!
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Heath
"Major disappointment"
This hotel has been a MAJOR disappointment. I usually stay at the W near UCLA, but they were booked. At check in, I was pulling two rollaways. The doorman opened the doors for me, but one of the doors shut and hit me right in the face. It knocked me off my feet. Not a single staff member came to see if I was ok. There were two people at the front desk with no guests, 1 valet guy, and 1 doorman. My "exectuvie king with a view" is so small there's not even room for a chair and small table. My view is of the freeway. It is so loud I can't even open the door for fresh air. I have stayed in rooms half the price that were nicer than this.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thank you for your feedback, Kirsten. My sincere apologies about your experience upon entering our hotel - it is unacceptable that no one assisted you after your fall and I would feel the same if it happened to me! I can personally assure you that none of my colleagues would purposefully ignore an issue like this, and I'm so sorry they didn't help. I hope you'll give us another shot to shine if ever in the area again, perhaps in a suite!
4 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
kirsten
"They tried to charge me $30 per night for a fridge"
I paid about $200 per night and had to argue (and almost cancel my stay) before manager agreed to waive the ridiculous $30 per night mini fridge fee. Also at the end of the stay they ignored Expedia quote of $2701 and decided to charge $2705 I had to argue with them for 15 minutes. They told me to call Expedia and I told them that I don't want to have a 30 min phone conversation just to pay what I was quoted (I showed them the quote). eventually they called the manager and I paid the quoted bill. Occasionally I had to wait about 30 minutes for their bell boy it to carry stuff from my car to the room, and their front desk staff was absent several times. This is not the standards I expect from expensive hotel.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for your feedback, Ofer. My apologies regarding the pricing issue - as the California assessment fee recently increased, bookings made prior to this are now more than originally quoted. I am very sorry our staff was unable to communicate this and adjust properly.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
traveller
cool vibe -- great view from the lounge on the 17th floor!!
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks so much for your review, Greg! I'm so glad you enjoyed the food + view at WEST Restaurant & Lounge, and hope you were able to take advantage of our other great perks, such as the free wifi and valet parking. Hope to see you again soon!
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
Greg
Very nice hotel very comfortable bed reasonable location compared to price the only concern is the valet parking even if it is free I prefer to park my car my self it is not logical to check you car every time you submit & receive & can't blame them if car is scratched it may be in mall parking not them.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
abu abdullah
fantastic experience - excellent service, comfortable rooms, parking is included. Room service food was spectacular!
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for your great review, Lisa! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the Hotel Angeleno NOT SQUARE experience, from personal service to great amenities like free parking, wifi and daily wine hour. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"Convenient location."
good location to access various areas. Comfortable hotel.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Hi Daniel, Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed our central location, a close drive to great areas like Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and the Getty Museum. I hope you will be able to return after January 2016 when we complete our room renovations - the hotel will be even more comfortable!
1 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
"Perfect location near The Getty Center"
I truly enjoyed my stay, from dining at the rooftop restaurant to lounging by the pool (small but nice), it was a perfect place to regroup after roaming museums and visiting friends. I think the cafe could have been a smudge nicer. Otherwise, really wonderful place to stay.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for your review, Nicole! I’m glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the views from WEST Restaurant and relaxing pool atmosphere. It also sounds like you got to explore the nearby Getty Museum, and I hope you got to use our free shuttle to take you! My apologies about the café – if you have any specific feedback, please do let us know. Hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Nicole
"Great location rooms and free valet parking"
very good location not too far from beach, Beverly Hills and Hollywood. Free valet was great and front desk helpful. Would definitely stay here again
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thank you for your feedback, Lauren! I'm so glad you enjoyed our convenient location, close to Santa Monica and other great LA attractions. I'm also happy to hear you got to experience our NOT SQUARE service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Lauren
"Convenient to The Getty"
Adequate room, close to The Getty and convenient to freeway but not near most L.A. attractions, adequate restaurant food, no dedicated bell staff but valet assisted with luggage after a wait, a bit noisy with freeway traffic noise
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thank you for your review, and my apologies for your experience with luggage help and freeway noise. Our bellman and valet are always happy to assist, though during peak times can get quite busy. We are now working on room renovations to finish January 2016 which should greatly reduce the noise!
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Traveler
Nothing in walking distance, otherwise great hotel! Best French toast ever at west on the top floor
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Hi Corey, thanks for your review! I'll be sure to pass on your rave comments about the Crunchy French Toast to the staff at WEST Restaurant and Lounge. I hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary courtesy car, which drives guests to nearby attractions such as the Getty Museum. We hope to see you again soon!
4 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015
Corey
"Definitely safe!"
Decent hotel for a business or family trip. Nice atmosphere and very comfty beds!
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thank you for your kind review, Araceli! I am so glad to hear you had a great stay at Hotel Angeleno, and that you noticed our NOT SQUARE atmosphere. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2015
Araceli
"Mediocre Luxe hotel"
Elevators are super slow and tiny. It takes a long time to go up and down to the restaurant and lobby. Good lookong hotel but there are no activities inside or in walking distance.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Thanks for the feedback, Laura, and my apologies for any inconvenience from the elevator wait and activities. I do hope you were able to utilize our pool area, complimentary wine hour, and free courtesy car, which drives guests to nearby attractions like the famous Getty Museum!
1 night trip Sep 4, 2015
Unfortunately somebody in valet or parking garage took my car phone charge And I was not able to use my phone well on my trip back to Bay Area
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"It was nice, you're paying for convonience."
The room wasn't any better than the $99 hotel I stayed at the night before. Thought because I was paying more I would get more, but that wasn't the case. It's cool at the bar, but everything else seemed bland.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Milli
"College orientation"
My daughter and I were in town to attend UCLA orientation. It's a very short distance to the college and the hotel offers a free shuttle. I really liked that service. The restaurant was nice and food was very good. Hotel Angeleno is right of the freeway so it was easy to get to.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Hi Katrina, First, congratulations to your daughter! Second, thanks so much for your review. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary courtesy car, as well as enjoy the Californian cuisine at WEST Restaurant & Lounge. I hope you were also able to utilize our free wifi and daily wine hour! We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit campus. GO BRUINS!
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Katrina
"Nice room for the evening"
I have driven past this hotel forever. This trip. however, I had a celebration of life in Bel Air and wanted something close. I was pleased with everything I encountered from the valet to the wine in the reception area to the nicely appointed room. Everything was as promised. The only small inconvenience was the placement of the coffee tray in the bottom shelf of the night stand. I accidently tipped everything over when reaching for the ice bucket. Other than that I was pleased with the accommodations.
Response by Hotel Angeleno
Hi Leonora, Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad we were able to give you a great hotel experience for your celebration of life in Bel Air, and hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary courtesy car service to the event. Apologies about the coffee tray - I hope that you weren't too inconvenienced or hurt! We'll take a look at its placement.
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
leonora
"NOISY, ROWDY AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE...."
2nd stay at the Angeleno. First stay was fine. This time: was given a noisy, north facing room overlooking the San Diego freeway at a significantly higher rate. Rowdiness broke out in nearby rooms in the middle of the night - women screaming, men yelling in anger - and went on for a prolonged period of time. Between this and the freeway noise I got limited sleep. Asked to speak with a manager about the experience at check-out: was told none were available and I would be contacted by the general manager within 24 hours. More than 48 hours have gone by and no one has contacted me.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Great location; unique place"
This hotel was in a great location ... so close to the freeway, and close to UCLA, Brentwood, and Westwood. Very unique also ... loved the decor. The firepit in the pool area was beautiful at night, and very relaxing. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and nice. The only drawbacks for us were the small-ish rooms and the wifi (free for email, but if you wanted to use the Internet at all, there was a fee). Also, we asked for a room service menu twice, but never received one. If you like a cool hotel with easy access to a lot of places (and don't mind the required valet parking), this is the hotel for you.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Kimberly
Only spent one night but was very pleased with our stay.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Nice hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"A true view of LA"
This hotel was a little pricey, but not bad for LA. Make sure you get a one of the upper floors with a view of the highway and the LA skyline. I didn't find it noisy and I like viewing traffic when I'm not in it. LOL. Staff were very courteous and the valet parking (included in the price), except for a few minutes one day, was very punctual. All you need to do is call down a few minutes before you want your car. The outside pool is very quaint and cozy, with a fireplace too. Nice at night before you retire. The surrounding neighbourhood is good, but expensive. Check out the local farmer's markets, that are not really markets, but cool places to get a good meal for a reasonable price.
3 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Dirty pillow case. Stains on sheet. Tub and wash sink would not drain. The lounge staff were A+. The outside pool area was nice.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Vicki
"Great place, great location."
We really enjoyed our stay. Everything was wonderful. Especially loved the pool area and the fireplace there. Wish they made more effort to recycle though. We were surprised since its California to not find any recycling bins anywhere.
4 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Nice hotel very close to the Getty Center."
We had a good time at Hotel Angeleno. It's a renovated/renewed Holiday Inn so it's not real new (the air conditioner was kind of loud). The rooms are small but beautifully redone. It's right at the foot of the Getty Center which was a real plus for us as that's why we went to LA, to visit the museum. The hotel runs a courtesy shuttle which took us there free of charge, a very nice amenity. I must give kudos to the manager because he responded very well to our demand for compensation as there was only cold water in our shower one morning. Evidently, work had been done on the water pipes, but hey, we were paying a lot to stay in a comfortable hotel. He made good w/o a lot of argument. Good for him! Two things: The restaurant at the top of the hotel was wonderful, great food and great views. Two, the staff were all lovely and very mindful of being hospitable. Oh, and three, the complimentary wine hour each night, great!
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Kutzi
"Central La"
A awesome stay great meals & bar. the only criticism would be the noise of the freeway. Room over the pool is better which I moved to without a problem very central
4 night trip Aug 8, 2015
ricky
"frustrating"
The first time we stayed at the Hotel Angeleno we showed up starving. We got to the room and immediately tried to order room service but found there was no menu. We called the front desk and they said a menu would be sent up. After 20 minutes passed with no menu, we called again only to be told there was no menu currently due to it changing (so we were waiting for nothing?) and they'd just "read us the menu over the phone." At this point we just walked up to the restaurant and ordered in person. A complaint about this yielded a promise that on our next visit we'd get a VIP'd room and free breakfast. Well, we just took them up on that this past weekend. We went to the hotel restaurant for drinks and a dessert. The hostess said she'd drop by our table with a dessert menu. Never came. We asked the waitress (when she finally came) for a dessert menu, which she promised, but still nothing. Finally I asked again and she started to go get it, then just decided to just tell us the menu. When our chocolate lava and ice cream dessert came, which we were obviously going to share, she saw we had no silverware and asked us if we needed any (?). We answered this stupefyingly silly question and she brought us... a single set of silverware. There was also an assortment of someone's travel-sized hygiene products in a drawer in the room. Overall this place just doesn't seem to have it together. Rooms are also quirky, not really in a good way. Out of space for my review here so that's it :/.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Free valet parking for guests - one car per room. It is right on the highway so great on and off for travel. A bit of noise from traffic. Free glass of wine early evening. No free breakfast. Very convenient to UCLA.
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Cindy
I was in the third floor, had to have the window closed to noisy. Upper floor would have been more desirable. Overall a great hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"Not happy"
Was promised a city view. But got freeway view. I didn't pick this hotel but was unsold by hotel.com staff. Was originally booking W in west BEV hills
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Rameshwar
"Visit to Hollywood Bowl"
I spent one night at this hotel and was very pleased with my stay. I will be back.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Elisa
"Outgoing staff made our stay great!"
Great getaway weekend. Great staff.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Excellent getaway weekend."
I've stayed here many times over the past 13 years, through different ownership and different names, etc. I would have to say that this time was the best. Everyone, I mean everyone, that I interacted with was just completely enjoyable, accommodating, helpful and friendly. The hotel really has finally distanced itself from its humble origins and the staff seems to go out of there way to make your stay better. I will absolutely stay here again the next time I am in the area.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Perfectly located for a LA visit."
Altho near the 405, you don't need to use the 405 till after commute hrs. You can use the side streets to get to Culver City, Santa Monica-Montana St, Venice, LAX, etc. The West Restaurant has good food with a great view. The free valet parking is efficient and secure.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Hotel restaurant and bar was great. Good food, decent selection of scotch. Some minor cosmetic wear and tear, on the balcony, and room furniture. But otherwise it was an excellent stay.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Rob
"Reasonably priced, but has some issues"
Stayed four nights at the Hotel Angeleno and while it is far from the worst hotel experience I have ever had, there were some issues that would prevent me from recommending a stay there. The good; the desk staff was very pleasant; the hotel is nicely located, however there is nothing within walking distance. The hotel lobby, pool and common areas are nicely kept and attractive. The not-so-good; the hotel needs some refreshing; the rooms were clean, but furniture is banged up and worn. Housekeeping service was not great; beds were made and the room vacuumed, but glassware was not replaced daily, in-room coffee supplies were not replaced. A coffee/snack/convenience shop in the lobby was often un-staffed and frequently closed and locked. The shop could have been much better stocked, for example, they did not have aspirin. The room itself was small, but not uncomfortably so. The bathroom, however, was very poorly thought-out. The sink/mirror area is separate from the shower/toilet area. The shower/toilet area was tiny. Uncomfortably small; I had to maneuver around to get out of my own way to close the door. I believe in an effort to make this tiny area appear larger they made the very questionable decision to make the door translucent glass. There is no privacy whatsoever. This made for an uncomfortable stay with my family; no privacy when using the facilities, and since the room is too small to dress, you have to use the open common area to change and dress.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Patrick
Great Hotel. Staff was very courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Great Service, Nice Room"
Room was very nice and clean, but very small and next to freeway.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Marie
"Nicely renovated, great location, slow elevators"
Very good hotel in convenient location just below Getty Center and right off freeway to get to LAX, but close to Beverly Hills, etc. Nicely renovated, too. One problem were the elevators. Only two and extremely slow to arrive. Must correct.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
"If there is no place else to stay."
An old 70 Era former Holiday Inn. And it shows. Almost everything here is outdated. Slow elevators. Slow staff. Outdated restaurant and bar. When I pay more than 300.00 a night I expect extraordinary. Nothing here is. From the call to reservations, "like I don't see anything like special rates for like emmy awards". To getting ignored by the bar waitress because we opened a tab with the bar tender to no coffee machine in the room this was a 150.00 a night place. The front desk staff was not dressed professionally. Not grunge but dressed for the mall. Breakfast was ok but along with a California water shortage there must be a holliendase shortage as well. Add the fact that its not close to anything find somewhere else to stay and drive.
andy
Great staff and excellent location with nice views. Thank you!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Location is really great"
Everything was fine, but ac is room dont work to well.
raul
"Not a good one"
Overall the stay is not bad. The location is super, close to UCLA, Beverly hills, Getty center, you just name it. And it is surprise that they have a free wine reception every afternoon. But we WILL NOT book this hotel again when we visit LA in the future. We book a double bed room for three nights, but get a room with only a bed with an add-on bed. Front desk promised us would update the room the next day, but until we checked out we never heard from front desk again. The elevator is slow. It usually takes half a minute stopping in second or third floor for no reason. I tried to use stairway; Unfortunately, since it directs to emergency door and opens it will get you trouble, the elevator is the only way to get to your room. The Wi-Fi connection is very slow as well. I do understand a surcharge for updating to faster connection. However, frequent kickoff our devices offline is not a good way to persuade guest of purchasing the service. In the last night, I had to drive my family to a near-by Starbucks for using the Internet. That's the reason I will not book this room again. Not will I recommend it to my friend who visit LA. For those who just want a sleep and go, this hotel has one of the best location; for those who wants a hotel without many troubles, DO NOT try this one.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Convenient stay near UCLA"
Staff was top of the line!! Very friendly and receptive! Wine tastings in the evening were a treat! Only about 10 min free shuttle ride to Westwood and UCLA, Getty Museum and Brentwood! The only down side was the refridgerator did not work and the airconditioner was so loud! We travel to Cali every 6 months or so near the beach cities mostly, but were visiting UCLA, and this hotel had the loudest cooling system. The rooms were really small as well even with double beds. But I would stay again due to easy acess to interstates and downtown, and Santa Monica Pier was only 15 mins away!! There are great restaurants and shopping venues near the pier! Overall, a great stay due to the wonderful staff and free valet!!
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Black mold in refrigerator"
Black mold in refrigerator, room wouldn't get cool, stayed on my birthday and my wife attempted to have strawberries delivered 3 times with no luck. Do not recommend.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Traveller
"Adult museum going happiness"
We love this hotel but unfortunately it's made for adults in one king size bed. The "doubles" are really full size, which is those few necessary inches short of comfortable for two adults. We were desperate to buy that extra room for the next night but they were unfortunately sold out. We love the cocktail period. We love the proximity to the Getty, although the shuttle was unavailable to us. Also this property really needs amenities like vending machines. The cafe closed 30 minutes early and the staff was at a loss to find out where to send us for a soda.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Danielle
"Great Hotel, Nice View"
Hotel was great, we got there around 3:30 with valet parking staff was amazing and very nice. Gave our room key up to the 12th floor and noticed that there was still cleaning. Went back down to the lobby and they gave us another room that was ready. Our stay was great and I would recommend this hotel to a friend or family. I would come back when we are In town.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015