All hotels in Stevenson Ranch, California, United States of America
24940 Pico Canyon RdStevenson RanchCA91381United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Dirty
    Bad pool
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Extended stay review"
The hotel made charges to my credit card that was supposed to be uses for incidentals. I am currently disputing these charges and I will not stay at this hotel again.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the billing issues that occurred. In response to your feedback, I am using your feedback as a training tool with our staff in order to better handle similar issues in the future. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
VICTORIA
"non plesant"
They put us in a smoking room then when he asked to go to be moved to a non-smoking room they denied us. Beds are way too hard.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
ss
"Booked 2 beds, 2 months in advance and only got 1."
They gave my room away, super unprofessional. I even called ahead to make sure they would save it for me - did not happen...
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Out dates no pool no fully stocked kitchenette"
web site said they had a pool wasn't he case my 3 year old was highly disappointed as I was. Also the kitchenette had nothing in it although the large frig n freezer was nice. Motel 6 even has a pool for less then half the price. I expected more from a 3+ hotel
Other trip May 5, 2015
Loni
"want money back for a bad stay!"
Room and linen smelled awful esp the pillows like a sweaty trucker. The front entrance smelled of dog urine and look very unpleasant with dried up grass and flowers.
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Not as clean as I would have liked"
Made the mistake of accidently booking a smoking room. Smoking floor permeated the floor. Dark hallways.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Wayne
"Nice place, terrible breakfast"
Nice newly updated hotel in good neighborhood. I paid $5 extra for breakfast in the morning that was hardly even a breakfast, waste of money. The rooms said non smoking, but the the one they gave me renamed of smoke. They corrected the problem quickly and gave me a better room, yet the new room did have a very slight smoke smell. I was fairly pleased with the place except for the morning breakfast.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"Poor service"
Unfriendly staff, gave me dirty room in the first place. In my opinion, how would this employee not know which room is clean, ready for guest and which room are not clean.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry about the service you received during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be sure to verify each room prior to our guest arrivals. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Feb 14-15"
We came up for an overnight shooting clinic. We may have seemed a little strange coming through the lobby with rifle bags. :P The room was clean and comfortable. My only gripe would be the towels - there were two of us, and only two towels, and one hand towel. Even one more towel would have been great. Otherwise, the room was fine, service was fine, I'd stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there were not enough towels in your room. In response to your feedback, I am going to share your comments with our staff to make sure each room has all of its linens before guests arrive. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Bad Odor of Smoke"
Upon entering my non smoking room there was an over whelming odor of stale cigarettes that continued to linger through my stay. The staff was polite and did everything they could but the smell of smoke stayed throughout my visit.
Dean
"It was very dirty!"
Staff not friendly, dirty room, Shower was not working good broken T.P roll. Smelt like smoke and i had a non smoking room
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Fine for our purposes"
This room fine for our needs. We were surprised that it did not have all of the dishes, pots, pans and so on like it did on our last stay there a few months ago. The staff was friendly and efficient.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
edwin
"Dirty Room, Never Again"
The stay experience was horrible. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. As soon as we got there the hotel informed us that we could have a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor however, the elevator was broken. Which wasn't a problem we proceed to check into a room on the first floor. The room they checked us into was out of date, smelt weird, and the TV was broken. However, what made it even worse the sheets were dirty, huge brown spot right under the pillow. And we were informed that the maid had already left and would not be back until 9am. So we were than force to check into another room unless i wanted to change the sheets on the dirty bed. Overall a horrible experience.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Don't get your hopes up."
This was definitely a base hotel. For the price I was expecting a lot more.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Melinda
"Close to Magic Mountain"
It was okay, was not a negative experience for the first time using Extended Stay.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that our location was convenient for you, and that you had a good first experience with us. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
"Not a vacation spot."
A single overworked woman was at the desk, checking-in guests, answering the phone, and responding to questions. It took a while. The room was spartan, but appeared reasonably clean - except for the pile of mystery goo baked onto the turntable of the microwave. The shower dripped loudly all night. The "Grab & Go" breakfast area consists of a couple of air-pots of coffee (good), and some pre-packaged muffins/granola bars. I checked in at 8:00 p.m., and was checking out at 7:30 a.m. for a business meeting - so it served its purpose, and it was cheap. However, I would not subject the wife to this if I was taking a weekend trip for fun.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our service and breakfast; however, we apologize that for the leaking faucet and the cleanliness issue with your microwave. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am working with my staff to review our inspection procedures and cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Rough Towels and slow drain."
Its a clean hotel. Stores restaurants within walking distance. The bed was hard. The towel were rough. Bath tub had a slow drain. It was good for an overnight stAy
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Maira - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean hotel and our convenient location during your stay with us. Still, I apologize for the issues you encountered in regards to your bed, towels and drain in your bathroom. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Maira
"Halloween Getaway"
Was really a nice stay for one night only downfall was our room was non smoking but the entire hallway smelled like pure smoke and was not pleasant at all since I have asthma. The service and staff was great but at night the over night lady working did not speak very well and did not understand anything I really said. Overall not bad but a the rate was not worth the stay that's for sure
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Good location for magic mountain. Stores within walking distance. Good food options nearby. Strong hot shower.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the location and nearby stores and restaurants. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Overnight stay for a conference"
The staff was friendly and the facility was clean. The room was ok had shown signs of wear. The smoke detector was missing with the wires hanging exposed. The A/C unit did not work very well. we booked it because it had one of the lowest prices around.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Old Squeaky!"
Bed was old squeaky and lumpy. Elevator was always full of smoke smell. Staff was nice. Very sparse amenities.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Patricia - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for your experience with your mattress and also the odor in the elevator. I discussed your comments with our staff, and we are going to monitor the issues mentioned in your review closely to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Fine for overnight"
We just needed a place to stay on our way out to Carlsbad. We checked in at 10:30pm and left by 8am. Breakfast is muffins and granola bars, nothing fancy, just grab and go on the way out. Not for kids.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Beth - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Beth
"great stay at extended stay"
Excellent. Staff was very helpful at check-in.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm happy that you were pleased with our great staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Ok for one night"
When we got there they asked which floor, so we picked the first for convenience. Before even opening the door to the room we saw about 5 dogs coming back in & the dog next door was barking like crazy. We got a room on the second floor & had to ask for pillowcases & toilet paper. Being an extended stay I figured there would be a coffee maker but there isn't. No garbage can by entrance, no bathroom in lobby, dust on the tables in the lobby, etc.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not entirely satisfied with the amenities we offer. As well, I am sorry that you had to switch rooms due to noise from neighboring pets. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Water leaks and very poor service"
Bath tub faucet was broken and leaked constantly keeping me awake all night. Asked for the dishes and never received them. Settled on asking for a silverware and still never got it. Breakfast was old fruit that was not very good. No shampoo or other toiletries were provided in room. Had to walk down to front desk to get anything. Halls smell of smoke. For the money go somewhere else. Rooms not well kept. Faucet leak was not new. Water leaked from wall and shut off valve.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Donald - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the leaking faucet that you had in your bathroom. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to make sure this is properly addressed. As well, I am sorry to hear that your kitchen supplies were never delivered. This is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I will be meeting with our staff to address these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Donald
"Almost great"
The hotel was clean and well-maintained. The room was very spacious. But there was a strange odor in the hallway and in the room.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"My Stay At Extended Stay"
My room was just OK. I brought food so I could prepare my own meals. When I got to the room there were no utensils or plates. I was not informed that I need to tell the staff that I wanted utensils and plates, so I ended up going out to eat. My room was close to the freeway and by the stairway. There were kids running up and down the stairs all night and I finally had to yell at them to stop, so I could get some sleep. When I told the front desk upon checkout, they said they would have moved me. How can you move all your stuff in the middle of the night? I will not stay at this place againn.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies that my staff did not inform you of our policy regarding kitchen utensils. In response to your review, I will work with my front desk staff to ensure that we are properly informing guests of this process. As well, I am sorry to read of the noise disturbances you experienced on behalf of other guests. The staff and I will be working to better monitor noise at our hotel to ensure that your experience is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Jerry
"room"
The hotel was very nice THE room was spacious and clean.price could have been lower and non refundable PET fee of $25.00 seems excessive all in all very nice
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"If you dont mind the smell of garlic"
The lobby and halls smelt like garlic, and the elevator like alcohol. Room was ok.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"It Was Just Fine"
I read some of the other reviews where people complain of smelly rooms, faucets that don't work correctly and more. However, my stay was just fine. The room was what I expected, the people at the front desk were extremely helpful, and the motel is in a very good neighborhood. I have no complaints and would stay there again.
5 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Not worth the price. Towels are very rough. It would be nice to have a small bottle of shampoo available. Breakfast is very slim; granola bars are as hard as a rock.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Convenient to restaurants, shopping, attractions."
Enjoyed our stay. Same parking lot as Coco's restaurant...close to Outback , Wood Ranch BBQ, Chilli's...really convenient.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"A good value."
Stayed for business. The room was clean and comfortable. No frills, but a good value.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"too basic"
Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, however they only had 3 pillows in our room and when I requested more they said they had ran out of pillows. It also said it had a continental breakfast included but they only had coffee available!
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Extremely comfortable and accommodating room for such a great price!
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your comfortable room and our convenient location. We are glad that we could provide you with a great value. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Very convenient, EXCELLENT service"
My wife and I came to this area for Six Flags Magic Mountain. This hotel was a straight shot to the park just 3 miles away without getting on the freeway. The guest service we received took our stay to the next level. From check-in to check-out we were well taken care of no matter our requests. The positive attitudes from the partners at Extended Stay would bring me back. The appliances are a bit out-dated but function well enough! We came back to the hotel to make our own lunch instead of spending the bigger dollar at the park.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Great location, nothing else"
Decent room, but no help from the staff on requests. Out of everything we asked for - pillows, coffee cream, utensils, blankets, towels.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Mike - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that the service we provided did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, we are reviewing our standards and policies with our staff to ensure this situation is not repeated. We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
The shower leaked and the air conditioner did not work.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that there were maintenance issues with both your shower and air conditioner. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are reviewing our inspection procedures to ensure that guests are not checked into rooms with maintenance concerns. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Rich Herrera
"Nice hotel close to Magic Mountain."
I was at the hotel two mornings. The first morning the fruit and breakfast bars were appetizing and adequate in supply. However, the second morning there were only about ten sad looking oranges and maybe six bars. On the second day the water in the shower turned suddenly ice cold when my hair was full of shampoo. I planned to report that to the front desk staff when I checked out. However, there was no one there so I left my key on the front counter and left. I was also unaware when I booked my room that there was no maid service provided during my stay.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"wouldn't stay here again"
First off let start off by saying that it wouldn't stay here again. When I got to the hotel I tried to change rooms because I only needed one bed. They moved me into a king bed and the shower plug was missing. When I call down to tell the front desk the lady told me to take a bath. Well I'm a big guy and I don't fit comfortably in a tub. So they moved to another room which I said I don't want a smoking a room and they set me up on a smoking floor. So the next room they set me in had no running water. So in the end I ended up in the original room I booked. I know they tried but come on. Plus they couldn't give me any kind of a disk or anything because I booked thru hotel.com.
3 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
Rudy
"Highly Recommended"
Stayed for business. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
"This Hotel has a Smell on every floor"
I thought the hotel overall was okay but it did have a stank smell on all the floors like smoke and pets and there is no ice machine. The elevator sounded like a broken fair ride so we took the newly re-done stair case that smelled of new plastic and varnish which was a vast improvement to the hallways. The Room was clean and the windows opened so you can air out the stinch in the morning before it gets too hot outside. Overall i would not extend my stay at this hotel one night was too much.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the odor in the common areas of our hotel is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, the team and I will be utilizing a deodorizer to eliminate smells in our hotel. As well, I am sorry that our elevator did not meet your expectations. I will have my maintenance engineer inspect the elevator and make any repairs necessary to prevent your experience from being repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Expensive for conditions"
We expected better for the price . Kitchen was missing all silverware but a couple of spoons, the glasses were unsanitary-looking cloudy plastic - yuk! No wrapped, clean ones. Can't remember if there was any dish detergent. Bedspread had two cigarette burns. Skimpy blanket didn't reach quite across top of the queen bed. No extra toilet paper and no maid service during 2/day stay. Breakfast was also skimpy. No pool. Otherwise, room was clean. Clean fridge and microwave. Staff nice.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Cathlyn - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear about the unsanitary utensils in the kitchen. I also would like to apologize about the condition of your bed and bedspread. I am pleased to know that the team members were pleasant during your stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Cathlyn White Guerra
"Close to Cal Arts"
The hotel was exactly what I wanted: inexpensive, clean, air-conditioned, quiet, and secure. I drove from the Bay Area to Cal Arts to drop my son off, and just wanted a decent place to spend the night before driving back. I don't like to stay (as a single woman) in places where my room door opens onto a parking lot because don't feel safe in those circumstances. But I also didn't want to pay for a fancier hotel room when I would only be in it for 12 hours. This was a perfect choice. The neighborhood is filled with suburban shopping center conveniences. I will definitely stay here again!
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable, quiet, and safe stay! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future should your travels bring you this way.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
ScienceTeacher
"Understaffed hotel with poor building maintenance."
Positives:: the mattresses were good quality, the air conditioning was good, the full refrigerator worked well, the desk employees were kind and helpful and sympathetic. The exterior paint on the building was in good condition. Negatives: part of the landscaping was dead; the hallway to our non-smoking room smelled like smoke; the whole hotel smelled like old food since the kitchen vents do not vent to the outside; there was so fan or window in the bathroom (which I believe is a building code violation.) The "queen" beds were full size beds. The refrigerator was filled with the food of the previous guest, as was the kitchen trash can. There was chewed gum stuck to the carpet. The drapery rod over the window had both of the end brackets broken and was hanging by a thread on one middle bracket. One light bulb was broken inside the light fixture and even the manager couldn't get it out to replace. There was no maintenance man he could call to help.The blankets had long hairs stuck to them. Worst of all, our bedding was still WET. The cleaning staff had made the beds before the bedding was dry and put WET comforter, blankets and sheets on both beds! We had to change our own bedding at 11:00 at night.There is no daily maid service. The towels were rough as sandpaper. The tub faucet dripped.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Kim - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable mattress, your fully equipped kitchen, and our friendly staff; however, we are very disappointed that your room did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies. We will be working with our housekeeping staff and our maintenance engineer to address these issues and to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"So many smells"
You never know what you'll smell here. Sometimes the elevators/stairways smell like smoke. Our hallway smelled strange. Then one morning it smelled like garbage. The room smelled a different kind of strange until we found something was left rotting in the microwave. The bathroom vent was not working and the fabric shower curtain gave the room a moldy smell.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are so disappointed to hear that you experienced unpleasant odors during your stay with us. Please accept our apologies. Your comments have been reviewed by our staff and we are making odor control a priority, so that your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
"Only stayed because they allow animals."
Only stayed because they allow dogs. Otherwise, one step up from camping.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us; however, we are glad that we were able to provide accommodations for you and your dog. We strive to continuously improve our hotel; your feedback will help us to do that. Thank you again for providing us with your review. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
B
"It was fine"
I was just a little disappointed that kitchen materials were missing.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Briana - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We apologize that your room did not meet expectations. We appreciate feedback like yours, as it will help us as we continually work to improve our hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for your review and hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
briana
"Took Great Care of My 77year old Mom"
My Mom stayed here for two days while out for a visit. everyone was great took care of her needs. Thank you to everyone
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that our staff provided your mother with quality care and that she was comfortable during her stay at our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you soon.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Worse stay ever!"
Key card was not easy to get into room. Door was constantly making noise, sounded as if someone was breaking into room. Tried extending stay and house keeping came a few times even after I said I wasn't checking out that day. Staff was very rude.
Response by Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Valencia
Rachel - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry about your unpleasant experience with us. Your comments have been reviewed by our staff. We will take action to make sure that our staff is communicating with each other and that we are providing our guests with quality customer service. We will also be working with our maintenance engineer to address the issues with your door. We constantly work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future so we can show you the positive strides we have taken.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014