All hotels in Waterford, Ireland
The Quay, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fun little hotel, but has no wifi in the rooms!"
The is a very comfortable, well-priced hotel in a great location right across from the Waterford bus station, and within easy walking distance to all the main sites in town. The room is clean, the bar and restaurant staff are very nice, the full Irish breakfast buffet is quite good, and the hotel bar is a lot of fun, with some terrific live entertainment every night. The big problem with this hotel -- at least for me -- is that despite what they say, the wifi service does not work in the rooms. I repeatedly mentioned this problem to the front desk staff, and they kept assuring me that it did work or that they had just fixed it or that they would fix it. But it worked only intermittently and weakly, and then the service would go offline again! You have to go down to the lobby or bar to get a decent signal, and because I have to work as I'm traveling, this was a huge inconvenience and a big problem for me. If you don't need internet service in your room, this would be a great place to stay, but if you need to get online while you travel, you'll need to find other accommodations. I just wish someone had warned me about this before I booked a room at this hotel.
5 night trip Aug 8, 2015
"Darlin' Dooleys"
Stayed one night with daughter and friend. Very nice, comfortable. Nice restaurant/bar. Good service. Located right on the quay and easy to find. Would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
"Lovely for an overnight"
Overnight visit. A little bit of a walk to the center of town (5 minutes) and a little buy for thee to Waterford crystals (10 minutes). Room and staff were great, food left something to be desired.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Rachael
"Weekend away"
Excellent hotel.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Great location."
I have been twice and will go a third. Great rooms, great bar
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
2 Adults 2 Children Stayed in Dooleys for 2 nights over easter and had a very enjoyable break. Staff,breakfast and meals were lovely.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Parking is across the street and it is 3 euros. It is a good location on waterway but a good selection pubs offering a traditional experience were not in the area. Only stayed on night. Lots of traffic in front which made it difficult to get to sleep.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
family get together ,first time staying there ,would recomend it ,staff very helpfull
Other trip Nov 8, 2014
Parking costs 3 euros across the street (they give you a token and charge you 3 euros; if you paid the parking lot it would be 5 euros)
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Excellent location and decent room. Only problem was party in the hotel bar area was extremely loud, especially the drumming, until almost 2am.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
sue
"close to all attractions"
Very friendly staff and very personable. The hotel tell is the oldest in town. I had to pay for parking but the give you a token which saves you 2 euros.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"perfect for going to all areas"
had a nice few days in dooleys hotel
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
breda dunne
We only stayed here for one night in between traveling around Ireland. Our room was small and not very comfortable. Regardless, the staff was very helpful and the location of the hotel was right on the water and in the middle of town.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"stay here"
the staff were excellent, the pub was great with excellent live music. location was handy ... across the street from the bus station and ample parking with a hotel discount. stay here
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
very good
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Great location, no soundproofing"
hotel is a little "tired", needs a good face-lift (cosmetic like carpets, paint etc.) My room faced the river (very nice) but also overlooked the road. I could clearly hear the traffic, so much it woke me at 6 am. Double glazed windows but either worn out or badly fitted so a very noisy room.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"Staff could'nt have been nicer!"
At first I was not pleased w/my room. It was to be non-smoking & was'nt. I was about to leave to find some place else, when the front desk manager asked if he could show me more rooms to chose from. He was able to find me a quiet, warm, and comfortable room. I'm glad I stayed!
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Date with my wife"
It was great. They gave us the honeymoon suite which was big and lovely. Parking was additional and across the street but we got a small discount on the price. 3 euros vs. 5 euros. Close to city center and a lot of sights.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Convenient hotel for Waterford, Ireland"
This is a tourist hotel and for it's category they do a good job. Some staff not experienced, but all try hard to please. Restaurant a 3.0!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013

One night stay
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
For the price was good. The extra single bed in family room very narrow my husband slept in it as we were afraid kids would fall out of it . Got stuck in the lift me and my 3 year old .Breakfast was good and the girl very nice she made sure kids got hot chocolate and were very happy . Hotel overall good I would stay there again .
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Denise
"Waterford family break"
It was a lovely stay in the hotel. All of the staff were lovely to deal with. The food was nice from the bar, and the buffet breakfast was lovely too. The only problem I did have was the loudness of the people next to us, you had a lot of people leaving at early hours to catch buses or ferries and they didn't really care about people sleeping. Also the people next to us were smoking in there room and the whole hall smelled awful and you could smell it in our room. Other than the noisy people coming and going I was pleasantly surprised at the fact there were bands playing each night in the bar and being on the first floor I thought it might be a little loud but I couldn't hear the band at all. Overall it was a lovely experience and I would highly recommend especially for people with young children as there is so much to do around Waterford for them to be kept busy.
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Perfect for business trip in Waterford"
Stayed 2 nights for a business trip. Staff efficient, friendly & accommodating. Breakfast was excellent, had porridge on one of the days & a mini fry on the second. Enjoyed it & it set me up for the day.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Mid week break"
First time to stay in Waterford. Great city. Hotel basic but clean. Staff friendly and helpful.. Our room was at the back of the hotel over a busy street. Lots of noise very early in the morning. Bin trucks and traffic. Maybe request a room at the front next time.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Debbie
"Basic, clean and friendly hotel"
Basic, clean and friendly hotel right next to the bus stop.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great friendly hotel"
Lovely two night break here with friends. Reception Staff very friendly and helpful. Bar staff excellent too. Bar food gorgeous and good value . Have stayed before this trip and look forward to staying again
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
"great for a short break."
one night to break trip to ferry. Enjoyed scenery and Kilmore Quay on way to Rosslare. Hotel was friendly, well situated for town on the waterfront. Good entertainment in the friendly Dry Dock bar. Parking is in a public car park opposite the hotel, which is chargeable but only €3 if you buy a token in the hotel. Nice, all you ca eat continental and Irish breakfast with copious tea, coffee and toast without having to ask.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"excellent"
We really enjoyed our stay and would return. The only complaint I have is the bed situation. There was a single bed a double bed and a childs bed I slept in the child's bed I am not a child. Some furniture could be removed and another single bed put in. Otherwise it was perfect.
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Joan
"Decent hotel. Great location."
We stayed 2 nights. The room was clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was good, with a decent choice of hot and cold items. Our room was above the bar, so it was a bit loud the night they had live music there.
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Phillip
"Fabulous Hotel"
Wonderful hotel and staff. Very accommodating in all aspects. Clean and comfortable. Would definitely visit again.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Shawn
"Watreford City Holiday"
Our stay in the hotel was lovely & relaxing good friendly staff food very good.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Philip
"Pleasant stay, convenient location"
Pleasant stay. Convenient location
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Lovely little hotel in good position."
Very nice accommodation.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2015
Janet
Staff were accommodating. Room was comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Cathy
"Good overall experience"
hotel was fine room was as expected at a decent rate and overall a good location
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"good hotel in the centre of the city"
we used the hotel as a stopover after arriving on the ferry at Rosslare, the hotel is easy to find (but be careful with the car parks opposite, check where you are parked and which machine if any you need to use!!). our room was a good size for a family of 4 with single beds for the kids. breakfast was good also.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
marcus
"GOOD OPTION"
Comfortable hotel - staff very courteous and helpful - excellent overnight hotel choice with discounted open air public parking opposite.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
Roger
"lovely"
one evening stay .bar was lovely .bar staff were great.rooms were great.the down side for me was that the hotel rooms and hotel was very hot and when u go out of the hotel u were cold and i came home with A head cold ,but hotel was lovely
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
eamon
"Central stay in Waterford"
We were at the front of the hotel. The traffic outside was quite loud.
1 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
Deirdre
"Nice hotel, good location"
The hotel is close to the city centre and easy walking distance to all attractions. There are large car parks immediately opposite so parking is easy. I found it quiet at night, despite being so close to the centre of town. The decor is a little old-fashioned but it didn't detract from the quality of the room I stayed in, which was clean, comfortable and with everything I needed. The staff were friendly and there was always someone on duty at reception.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
KNM
"look someware else"
left to carry my bags alone, and had to move bags again myself given wrong room , furniture dated.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
kevin
"Review"
Excellent staff - room comfortable and clean but decor little dated - good value for money would be happy to stay again
4 night trip Apr 7, 2015
Catherine
had a lovely stay, this is the 2nd time we have stayed here this year, and will def use this hotel again
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Very Friendly Hotel"
We had had a long 15 hour journey by coach and ferry from Plymouth, UK. Check-in was supposed to be from 3pm but the reception and housekeeping staff went above and beyond to make sure that we could get into the room early so we could rest. We were very grateful to them. The room was perfect - clean and comfortable with attractive furnishings. We were on a tight budget so spent most of our stay locally in the city centre. the Irish locals were so friendly. One pub even gave us free sandwiches after we arrived too late for a bar meal and spent the whole evening chatting with us like we had known them all our lives. We would definitely return to Waterford and the Dooleys Hotel. Nikki, Plymouth, UK.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Nikki
"Smooth visit"
We e-mailed ahead to say that we would be arriving just before 12 noon and were pleased that the room was ready for us. . It was quiet, and clean , though with a whiff of fish from the restaurant, if we opened the windows, in the evening! Speaking of which, the lamb kebabs were unbelieveably delicious and i even dreamed about them in my peaceful sleep. Hotel is easy to find and very much adjacent or near to the places that we wanted to visit. The people of the town are very freindly . On the down side, i don't like the electronic pass system and twice my card failed to open the lift or my room , despite it working on the stairs. The lift now gives access to the 4th floor!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Ericart
"Dooley's did it well!"
Staff were very helpful and accomdating. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. It is rare to find a business where the employees look happy in their jobs. Dooley's hotel is one such place. Well done!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
We had a fab time. We went for the Waterford Winterval which we thoroughly enjoyed. The shops were all in easy reach of the hotel. We booked bed and breakfast. The food was lovely and plentiful I could not fault it. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We hope to return next year.
3 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Maureen
"Lovely hotel"
would def recommend this hotel, staff were very friendly. Lovely place to stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"A Nice Hotel to stay in when visiting Waterford"
1. very good location 2. Car park just across from the hotel, 3€ per night with coin from hotel. 3. room card has to be used to gain access to all floors, good security, not required going down to reception. 4. Very friendly staff, family run hotel. 5. rooms clean and comfortable. 6. food very well presented. 7. While I would have preferred a view of the river it was not that important. 8. Excellent breakfast. nice layout of different cheeses and cold meats. 9. The bottom line, would I stay there again, YES
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
"hotel stay"
when we got there we found the recep very rude outher than that it was ok
Other trip Oct 14, 2014