All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
303 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY, 10016, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"We'll be back!"
We loved the Shelburne. Great location, friendly staff and a lovely room. One of the chairs was a bit worn but perfectly fine and the room and bathroom were quite large for New York. We loved the rooftop area and the wine happy hour. Would definitely go back! Two minor things: room service, while reasonable, wasn't awesome. The food comes from the in house restaurant, Rare, which may be great if you done in. But the delivered burgers were just fine and the fries were always cold. Also, they have great bellmen but they need more. There was always a wait for help but we were there during the busy Christmas week so that may have played a factor.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
"Repeaters"
3 rd time. That says enough.
3 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2015
Angela
"Great Place to Stay"
Nice hotel, great location, small but very nice room, large shower & bathroom. We stayed for 3 nights for a quick family winter vacation. We were very comfortable and the price was great.
3 night family trip Dec 14, 2015
Monica
"NYC Overnight"
Nice relaxing stay in NYC. Comfortable, quiet room in a very convenient area.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
Cynthia
"Highly Recommend the Shelbourne"
I would highly recommend the Shelbourne! It is a very nice hotel that has been around for a while but with all of the amenities and updates you'd expect. The staff was very friendly and very helpful when checking our bags when arrived early and holding them the day we checked out while we went to see a show. The concierges were extremely helpful in recommending awesome restaurants that were local favorites and close by. The evening wine social was perfect and gave us the chance to meet new people. The rooftop is awesome, we went up every day and night to see a 360 view of the city which overlooked the Chrysler building and Empire State Building among others. The room (double deluxe) was spacious and included a large bathroom and kitchen area with a coffee maker, oven/microwave, sink and refrigerator with ice. The location was perfect for us...a few blocks up is Grand Central Station which made commuting to SoHo and The World Trade Memorial a breeze and we were in walking distance (5-6 blocks) from Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, Bryant Park, Empire State Building, Macy's, Saks and everything in between. There are loads of good local restaurants on 3rd right behind the hotel. I'd highly recommend and we'll be back for sure.
3 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Tracy
"nice value/quality ration"
nice hotel, good size rooms for NY standards. would definitely stay there again
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
luis
Comfortable and convenient
3 night trip Dec 12, 2015
Excellent service. Immediately responsive to all requests.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Miranda
"Great hotel, great location, helpful staff"
Great hotel. I've stayed there at least 10x before with friends. This time however I was in 808. Very noisy area of hotel at all hours with several housekeeping carts outside my door.
2 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2015
Very pleased. Only issue was $16 extra a day for WiFi. Pretty ridiculous in this day and age.
2 night trip Dec 5, 2015
christopher
"Just a thank you."
We had a very enjoyable experience in NYC. The folks at the Shelburne were very courteous. We arrived early in the morning and were graciously allowed to check in much prior to the stated check-in time. The location was just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal which made our commute through the city quite easy. Housekeeping was excellent and the employees working in the lobby always greeted us kindly.
6 night romance trip Nov 23, 2015
Donald
"Murray Hill"
Overall good for the price paid which was half the normal rate. Great location. Home of one of the best hamburgers in all NYC. Service was marginal at the front desk. Slow maid service. Little amenities. If not for the price and location, would select probably another property next time.
3 night business trip Nov 28, 2015
"Great location and value for a stay in NYC."
We were very pleased with the Shelburne and would stay there again. Roomy, comfortable, clean, with nice amenities. Wish the rooftop garden had been open on such a nice weather week. The staff were friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Overall good hotel. The location was excellent since our stay was during Thanksgiving weekend. They gave us a first room that smelled like a ashtray. Funny considering its a non smoking hotel. They quickly remedied the situation and got us a new room.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"Fun times with my girls!"
Staff was very attentive, accomodations were fine.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
The hotel was in a great location with proximity to many attractions and nightlife. However, there were some maintenance issues in the room that put a damper on our stay. The subfloor in the room was spongy and we were concerned that it may give out. We did notify the hotel staff of this issue.
5 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
"Great location, size and fab rooftop view!"
It exceeded our expectations, so we will recommend and return!
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Emily
"Great family hotel with great location!"
It was a great hotel for a a family thanksgiving getaway . Great location, we walked everywhere and lots of good restaurants around it. The hotel staff couldn't be more accommodating and great with the kids. Love the free wine happy hour in the lobby during the week. Only issue was the room smelled like stale smoke to the point where it still smelled on all of our clothes when we got back home. I know if I would have said something to the front desk they would have accommodated me right away but I just didn't feel like asking. We were out of the room doing things all day so it wasn't really an issue. We kept the window open to air the room out during the day. Other than that we would definitely stay at this hotel again. Already planning next thanksgiving at the Shelburne.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"a practical and efficient hotel with good service."
Very professional, courteous service, nice part of town with an excellent, in-house bistro/pub...
3 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
Andras
"Great find!"
Perfect location to explore midtown and the lower east side. Staff were very helpful and there is on the street parking near by on the weekends.
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Cliff
"I'd stay again"
I chose the Shelburne NYC Affinia because their rate for a suite was the same as what I would have paid for a standard room in the same neighborhood. The room was huge and comfortable, but there were some shabby moments and question marks. It had a kitchenette, but when I say there was nothing in it... no silverware, no bottle opener, no plates. There was an oven, and directly beneath there was a hole where a cabinet or drawer used to be. The bathroom was tiny, though the shower was big. In the end, these are little things that are very tolerable for a night or two. Let's just hope the management is not aiming for "tolerable."
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Anthony
Excellent!
2 night family trip Nov 17, 2015
"Great Value"
I stayed at the Shelburne for a weekend trip to visit my daughter. I am always looking for affordable, comfortable, well located hotels in NYC. The Shelburne fit the bill. The room was comfortable and quiet. The fitness center was satisfactory and the view from the rooftop is spectacular. I also really appreciated the free wine happy hour in the lobby-- a very nice touch. I will definitely come back.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2015
Leane
"Perfect Family Hotel. Large Rooms. Ideal Location"
Perfect Family Hotel. Large Rooms. Ideal Location.
3 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
"1st Time Family Vacation to NYC"
We stayed at the Shelburne for our family vacation with three adults and an infant. We needed a suite with a door separating the living area from the bedroom as well as a kitchenette for a reasonable price that was in a good central location, and this hotel fit all of those requirements. The location of this hotel was my favorite part. It is nestled in a quiet neighborhood that was in such a good location. You could walk out the door and be walking distance to amenities. We went during the transition from summer to fall, so it was tricky with the thermostat. Through our 5 night stay, the AC worked 3 days. By the 4th and 5th night, when it had become cold, the AC would not blow out cold air, only hot. For those two nights, the overall comfort was a little low because it would get warm in the room. If I had any complaints it would be the elevators and WiFi. We were on the 7th floor so whenever we would finally get an elevator to stop at our floor, it was usually full. And with a stroller and car seat in tow, we could not take the stairs. The free WiFi is a little misleading, because I believe it is only for use in the lobby and free in your room for the first day but if you want it in your room, there is a fee.
5 night family trip Oct 21, 2015
Concierge was extremely helpful. Gave great instruction for travel on subways. I am a total subway novice- but his instructions so good- had no trouble getting to my distant destination which involved 3 train changes. Thanks!
3 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
"Nic stay in nyc"
room was a little dark but we enjoyed the fact that it was very quiet at night and for nyc that is quite unusual. Loved the neighborhood!
2 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
"Will definitely stay again"
Great location Large room Helpful staff
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2015
Suzanne
"Verygood"
Hotel staff is very good and customer frendly.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2015
Dayannanda
Great hotel
3 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
"Not again"
Rooms felt dirty. My room was 80 degrees because they could not put the air on. They either have the AC or the heat on so if it was cold and then gets warm, you can't do anything to cool your room down. Could not sleep and almost changed hotels at 1 am. The restaurant on site is great for drinks and dinner.
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
"No AC"
They can't turn off the AC. It doesn't matter how comfortable a room maybe, when the inside temperature is 75 unacceptable.
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
"Modern hotel close to Grand Central Station"
Clean, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. Close to great restaurants such as House of Lasagna, Pattys, a bagel place, and Starbucks. Close to Grand Central Station and a nice restaurant in the Hotel. Our taxi fee to SoHo and Times Square was about $15. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Big Apple Visit"
Our stay was very pleasant and the hotel is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan close to everything.
3 night family trip Oct 22, 2015
Carlos
The room was shabby - nicked furniture, stained couch, run down looking. The shower curtain while looking clean smelled of mold. The size of the room was very good. Staff was very pleasant, professional and helpful but they could not control the condition of the hotel.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Our room was large, which is a nice treat in NYC. We had a little kitchenette, too. The bathroom was small and nothing special. Overall, this hotel was good, but I wouldn't consider it a boutique hotel or anything special. But the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the location was just a ten minute walk from the subway.
3 night family trip Oct 22, 2015
michelle
"Dirty and rundown"
The hotel was disappointing. The neighborhood is great for getting anywhere, quickly. The elevators took forever, and are small. Not enough elevators for that many rooms. The room was decent sized, but dirty. There was hair on the bedspread under the orange blanket. The outlet where I plugged in the iron had a layer of dust and hair in it. The shower was nice, but found more hair in the bathroom and the white sliding door was covered with fingerprints and spots. One of the bath towels was so frayed it looked like a rag. I did ask for a robe and slippers which were delivered quickly. We were on the 10th floor, no view and we could hear street noise all night. I won't stay here again and I don't recommend it.
2 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Carrie
Nice room size, good location
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Loren
Only problem was they deactivated air conditioning mid stay-said we "are now temperature neutral". Room too warm and windows open too noisy. They did bring fans. They should not advertise air conditioning if not available all year!!
6 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2015
Renata
"Smoky room."
Rooms were a little outdated compared to some other hotels with the same star rating. Someone was smoking on my floor even though it was a non-smoking hotel. My living area and bathroom smelled like an ashtray. I told the staff and housekeeping and the just said ok. Location was good and staff was friendly just not helpful.
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
"Fine place."
Nice hotel, friendly staff. Room was lovely and in good condition. They were renovating lobby but this did not disturb me.
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Arnon
Great hotel and staff. I loved the small kitchen. It is very useful if you travel with little kids.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
"Shelburne is particularly well located."
We had been contacted by the hotel shortly after reservation was made and asked if we wished to up-grade for $15 per night for a small suite (Queen Bed) with kitchenette. We were also asked if we wished to have a bottle of wine chilled when we arrived. We said yes to both. However, on arrival the desk clerk said she did not have the authority to “upgrade” us and knew nothing about the wine. She noted her manager would contact us. He never did. However, the room was fine and in fact had a King Bed. Housekeeping was excellent. I was looking forward to drinks on the roof but the facility was closed (understandably) as it was quite cool. There was construction close to the lobby but it was not an issue. There was complimentary wine every afternoon and that was most welcome. The RARE Bar and Restaurant was excellent for quality of food as well as friendliness of staff.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Dr Tom
Fantastic hotel perfect location
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
Anita
"Terrible view"
The hotel was ok. The room was very small and smelled very musty. For the rate that I paid, I expected more than the view of the air conditioning unit through dirty windows that I recieved.
2 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
"A bit pricey, but the location is worth it."
Quiet, comfortable, superior bedding, great desk staff and concierge. Free Wifi would be nice, but not available in the rooms.
3 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2015
Leslie
"Worn down / less than sparkling clean"
Room was worn down; bathroom may have been clean (?) but seemed quite dirty because grout and caulking was filthy everywhere; room was noisy (noises from outside the room seemed to be inside the room)
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
"Nice Property"
We booked this property because the information boasted rooms of at least 355 square feet. I am not an expert on New York hotels but got the impression this was large by comparison. When we initially checked in we were assigned a room that was not even 250 square feet so we requested a change in rooms. They did accommodate our request for the remaining nights of our stay but it was a hassle because we could not fully un-pack until the second day of our stay. I must say the larger room was quite nice and comfortable. The only drawback is the lack of space to store things on the vanity in the bathroom. Otherwise a really nice room.
4 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
"Not what I had hoped, but could have been worse"
Our room was't ready until an hour and a half after check in and we had an exhausted and cranky toddler. The room we got did not have the promised king sized bed and was dirty (especially the bathroom). We needed to ask three times for plates and forks for the kitchen, but they did make up the sofa bed at lightning speed. Climate control was good, room was quiet, but bed was lumpy, soft and uncomfortable. Parking was easy and car returned quickly and damage free. Concierge was helpful. Check out uncomplicated.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015