All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7644 Caterpillar Ct Sw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49315, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9228

Nice hotel off the highway with good service and very clean. Our first night was great because it was quiet. The hotel clerk told me it would be quiet because there were no sports teams but a lot of tourist for the Holland Tulip festival. She was absolutely right. The second night was awful as our neighbors were rude, vulgar, and loud. Ugh. This is a highway hotel about 10 minutes driving from downtown Grand Rapids. Stay somewhere else if you want to be in the city life but it is close of you do not mind the drive. Parking in the city is easy and inexpensive.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Excellent stay!"
Excellent stay, friendly staff, clean room. Continental breakfast suited my needs well.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
Tyler
"A great option"
I stayed here while visiting a family member in the hospital. I had been staying at another local hotel that was disappointing and switched to this one to my delight. The hotel was in very good condition. Clean. The staff were helpful. There is really nothing in the neighborhood but it was close to the hospital. I will stay here again if I am in the area.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Nora
"I would highly recommend. And have."
Very friendly staff. Clean room. Right off the freeway, easy to access.
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Roberta
"Overall it was what I expected."
Breakfast was plentiful but so-so. I had to microwave the cold eggs. It was convenient to the highway.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Horrible Stay"
The room sucked Whirlpool didnt work the room was cold and for the money we paid it was far from worth it! We will never stay there again or tell anybody else about your establishment.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Tabatha
"Great value and excellent facility!"
Everything about our stay was excellent. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was great, and the hotel was very easy to get to.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"A+ stay"
Very friendly staff. Everything hot and stocked for breakfast. Right off the highway with meijer gas station right across the street. Truck stop just on the other side of the highway with goid food. Very clean. Only place we stay at when in the Grand Rapids area.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice hotel in offbeat location"
Stayed here to visit my boyfriend when he was hospitalized near by. Nice facility, great and friendly service. The location was convenient for my needs but there was not a lot of interest in the immediate neighborhood.
1 night romance trip Jan 27, 2015
Nora
"Simple & Comfortable"
The stay was simple and short. However, I wasn't that impressed with the cleanliness and conditions, although they were not terrible. I was comfortable and that was the point for this trip.
3 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"nice hotel nice people"
we had a great time. The hotel was nice and staff was very courteous. The only issue was, there was no fan in the bathroom. Thanks for a great stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
LISA
"the perfect gettaway"
was very nice stay
2 night trip Jan 15, 2015
oletha
"Wonderful time away."
It was everything I wanted a quite time away from home.
4 night trip Jan 6, 2015
Deborah
The only thing that I have a complaint about was that the curtains wouldn't close to keep the room dark.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Worth every penny"
We brought Christmas with us for a holiday away from home. The staff was exceptional and even helpful with getting things into our room. The room was clean and very comfortable. The kids and us really enjoyed our stay and had a lot of fun in the pool/sauna and jacuzzi
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
".."
Very helpful staff
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"Shopping trip"
Room was great. Everything was neat and well taken care of.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
Isabel
"Business Stay"
The towels were all VERY VERY old and dirty!
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"Weekend Away"
Very nice, clean hotel. Great location for us for event we were attending. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Good Breakfast! Nice Pool and Sauna area!
Response by Comfort Suites South
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Suzy
excellent Only one suggestion..when using the heating/air conditioning system, would like to have had a setting where you could have a constant fan/heat setting instead of on/off during the different cycles.
Response by Comfort Suites South
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
clean room, very basic, friendly staff. poor breakfast and gym hours
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Great Experience"
Loved the modern room amenities, such as the extra electrical outlets and the small reading lights. Will certainly stay again.
Response by Comfort Suites South
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am glad to see that our guests, such as yourself, like the renovated rooms and the improvements we have made at the property. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"I wish there was a 6/5 rating!!"
This by far was the BEST hotel that I have stayed at. I usually like the Comfort Inn and Suite locations over others. However, the Comfort Suites South in Grand Rapids cannot receive a high enough rating from me. With my current employer, my job does consist of overnight stays. Out of the various locations, this hotel blew my socks off! The location is very accessible off of 131. A WELL lite parking lot and the building as well. As soon as a walked in, the scent of the hotel felt warming. The front desk clerk was VERY nice. Even asked if I needed a wakeup call in the mornings. Explained exactly where my room was located. She informed me of the breakfast and pool hours. Also the time of breakfast and the Wifi information. About 15 minutes of me getting settled into my room, my hotel room phone rang. This was the first hotel to call and ask if I needed anything. It was just the little personal touches that made this such a great experience. Not to mention how friendly the rest of the staff (housekeeping and the waitress for breakfast) was. The hotel was VERY clean and updated. The bathroom was a great size. My room had a microwave, refrigerator, and even a freezer. Dish was accessible on the flat screen. The TV did stay on the entire night. The room felt very comfortable and spacious. There was plenty of drive thru restaurants, gas stations, Walmart, and even a Dollar Tree. I would highly recommend this location to anyone that is in the Grand Rapids area.
3 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Great business stop."
This is a clean hotel with great rooms equipped well for a business traveler. This now my go to hotel in the area.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
MaryBeth
"interesting"
overall Good. Location handy and quick to downtown. Staff, especially breakfast preparer did great with the fire alarm going off at the start. Small space between Q. bed and wall needs to be vacuumed with hand tool. Room quiet. Faucet handle not repaired correctly.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"nice location and close to highway"
My stay was perfect. I will most definitely visit again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Comfortable and clean"
I had a very pleasant room (king with sofa sleeper). The breakfast variety offered was very good and the breakfast bar was well stocked and attended by staff. I would definitely go back if in the area again.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Debbie
"No restaurants on the same exit"
The hotel was very nice. However, we had to go up a few exits to find anywhere to eat, which wasn't real convenient. But overall a great experience.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"perfect night away"
The bed, pool, Jacuzzi, & sauna helped create the perfect getaway for a night with my husband.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2014
"I would def go back!!! :)"
It was super comfy and much nicer than I had expected. I needed a place to stay last minute and this worked out perfectly!
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
Raquel
It would have been a great stay but the hotel power went out for two hours during a storm. The breakfast was great.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Giovanni ni
Above average for Comfort Suites
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Room and breakfast very nice."
Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Stay was for two days as we went to Holland Tulip festival (25 miles to west). Youngest person in group was 58 and oldest is 80.
Other trip May 9, 2014
Leah
"Weekend stay"
The hotel was conveniently located near the performing arts center in Byron Center. Easy off and easy on to Route 131. The hotel was modern and comfortable and the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great and included fresh fruit, cereal, eggs and sausage make your own waffles and pastries. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in town.
Response by Comfort Suites South
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Kind Regards,
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Recently remodeled hotel convenient to highway"
Okay hotel. Hotel had an unpleasant odor in the hallways. Lots of selections for free breakfast.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Tina
"Easy to find right before Grand Rapids"
Overall good stay, would stay there again Only downside was that there were not any restaurants near the hotel. You would have to get back on the highway to the next exit to eat out. We ordered pizza to the room, it was fast and good prices.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Hotel with potential"
The rooms were clean but there were a few things that could not be ignored. 1) The room smelled like cigarette smoke. I called the front desk and they swore the room was a non-smoking room. I asked for a different room but they said the entire floor was non-smoking and didn't really offer to give us another room. 2) There were a few stains on a few of the pillows. Not that hard to change pillow covers. 3) Gross stains on the shower curtains. ****but besides those issues, the hotel itself was nice. The rooms were very spacious and great bang for the buck. For the price I paid, I would probably stay at this hotel chain again if I needed a place to stay but not if it were during a vacation or "romantic" getaway.
1 night trip with friends Feb 24, 2014
"Nice, quiet mid week stay."
I would def. Stay here again! Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly, very pleased! Great hotel for the price.
Response by Comfort Suites South
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Kind Regards,
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
michelle
Room was great and the staff was very helpful. We will definitely stay there again if in the area.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Sheila
"Great value"
I have spent more for less. I will definitely consider this hotel and other Comfort Suites in my travels.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
JBB
"great place!"
From the room, to the pool, to the breakfast - it was all wonderful, clean, & perfect. I would stay there again any time.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Jenn
"just a nice normal hotel"
clean, good continental breakfast, and great price
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
"Surprisingly great for a lower priced hotel"
This facility was very clean and comfortable. I made a quick stop for work and chose this location for it's proximity to my customer. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I was extremely pleased and already booked another night there. I highly recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2013
"Christmas stay"
We Spent 3 nights at the hotel, including Christmas Eve and Christmas . The hotel was fully booked due to a huge ice storm and local power outages. Our only problem was a lack of hot water christmas morning. The hotel Had a worker there quickly to fix it and gave us a $50 rebate due to our inconvenience -without a word of complaint from us.
Response by Comfort Suites South
Chris, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It was a trying time for thousands of people in West Michigan over the holidays. We like many in the area did not escape the scorn of Old Mother Nature. We did experience some mechanical breakdowns due to the weather, and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! I hope the remainder of your holiday season is a safe and happy one.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Good Business Hotel"
A little run down but ok for a night. Bed was comfy!
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
"Very accommodating"
Hotel staff was super helpful and friendly. They all went above and beyond for or fun girls night. Room was clean and comfy, breakfast was also very good and hotel was quiet. Two thumbs up in my book. We will be staying there again for sure!
Response by Comfort Suites South
Natalie, Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I will pass your kind comments onto my staff. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Have a great holiday season, w e hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2013
Natalie
"NICE STAY"
Very nice. Hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very personable and we really enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning. Would stay again.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
"Don't swim in the pool!!"
The hotel overall was nice. It wasn't until we hit the pool that all that changed! It was horribly strong of chlorine! The pool temp itself was rather cool. That didn't really bother us but what happened next did! We were swimming in the pool with our young children when this maintenance guy walks around the pool dumping chemicals into it!! We later read the bottle and it says to "measure it out" and wait two hours and test the water. Really?!! Pretty sure you are not suppose to put chemicals into a pool while there are people swimming in it! There was so much chlorine that it actually bleached my daughter's bathing suit!! After swimming my son developed some type of painful rash. We thought were going to have to take him to the doctor. But we showered him off, washing him very thoroughly and waited a couple hours. The rash did go away and he was OK. I am thinking this had to do with either the high levels of chlorine or those chemicals that were added as we were swimming. If you do stay at this hotel, I recommend NOT swimming in the pool!! The poor rating of the hotel staff was only due to the guy who dumped the chemicals in the pool. The rest of the staff was friendly and accommodating.
Response by Comfort Suites South
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the property regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. As I explained to your wife, I can assure you that the product being added to the pool was in no way harmful to anyone in the pool. It was a stabilizing agent added to counter-act the chlorine level of the pool. Our pool's chemical levels are monitored 24 hours a day and I can assure you that at no time did it climb above the acceptable levels required by the State for a public pool. I will not dispute that the levels did elevate and for that reason we were adding a stabilizer to the pool to combat the increased levels of chlorine. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Nice Motel"
We would definitely stay here again!
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Dawn
"What is that loud noise above room 111."
Every morning at 4:45am there was a lot of noise above room 111. It almost sound like thunder.
2 night business trip Oct 30, 2013