All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
371 7th Ave, New York, NY, 10001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Weekend trip to NY"
Our room was very small and had no view. However, it was extremely convenient to Penn Station.
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Not a bad intro to NYC"
This was the first time we visited the city and we got a pretty good NYC vibe from the folks who work here. There were times that the customer service was outstanding and times that I questioned how this place was still in business. First, our room wasn't ready until the second night. Second, getting from one room to the other was way too complicated. On the positive side, the hotel is a block away from MSG, minutes away from Times Square and a few subway stops from Central Park. You can't beat the location and if you're familiar with the subway system, Penn Station is a block away. FYI, the Dunkin' Doughnuts around the corner is horrible but the pizza spots aren't bad. Also, I'd skip room service for the $1 hotdogs around the corner or the various other spots that offer NYC delights.
4 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Edgar
Great Size Room, modern And clean The bathroom was small Beautiful view of downtown Manhattan from our room
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Very very disappointing."
stayed at Affinias, including Manhattan a number of times. This trip was terrible. Rooms were hot with no ability to cool them down. No one in either room slept because of the heat. Most took showers during the middle of the night to cool off and stop sweating. We were also over a Christmas party so the rooms were very loud and vibrating at times. Understand the need for parties, but we should have been provided a heads up when we checked in and switched to different rooms if possible.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
"Great value"
Room is kinda small but who stays in their room in NYC?! Overall it was a great deal
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
"Great Stay!!!!!"
It was a great stay! Hotel is very close to everything! I can't find anything bad to say about the hotel. If there was one thing I could say or recommend to housekeeping is to wash the curtains in room. They are white...lol but it did not affect our stay one bit...lol we will be coming back to stay at this hotel for certain!!!
4 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
"If the price is right I'd stay here everytime"
We have a large family and stayed here for 3 nights we had the room with a queen bed and sofa bed it was perfect for us! Location was perfect too. The bathroom is extremely small you can only fit 1 person in at a time but who uses the bathroom all together anyway if your a bigger guy 6 ft plus and about 200lbs the toilet is SMALL!! Lol, We usually stay at holiday inn expresses if you are used to staying in fancier hotels than that you will prolly not care for this hotel as much as we did! I would def stay here again I had a wonderful experience here!
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
Milissa
Had a great experience. First room smelled badly of smoke (it's a no smokin hotel), but we were transferred to another room immediately which was very nice.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
"Extremely Convenient!"
Great sized room right across the road from Madison Square Garden - made it extremely easy to explore the city and easily return to the hotel whenever we needed to. Only issue was that the windows did not seem extremely sound proofed and we could hear a decent amount of noise from down below our room.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
Brett
"It was alright"
i was in town for the night for my anniversary. We saw billy Joel at MSG. It was so close to everything so that was the best part. The staff was very nice and upgraded us as a comp for it being our anniversary. Our room was ready at 11. It was big but had two very small bathrooms which was weird. The showers weren't very clean. and every time we got to our floor is reeked of paint thinners. Those were the only downsides. Other than that we liked it
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
very loud, not good for families. bathroom ridiculously small.
3 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
"Stayin was great but room necesities were out"
Our stay was great but there was not water or ice in the machine on the 11th floor my fiancé and I were very thirsty late at night and also the shower head had some mildew it was really nasty and the front desk ask us to put a credit or debit or credit card to hold a deposit of 50 per night and we only stood one night and they hold up for 3 nights I don't know the reason why?
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
"Disappointed with Room 1914. Loved Room 302."
Disappointed in Room 1914. It was not cleaned properly. The blinds were dusty and the room was very cold. The prior month we stayed in Room 302 but not sure we will stay at the Affinia again.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
"Do not stay in Room 326."
Do not stay in Room 326. The room is below the workout room that is open 24 hours. At midnight, there were people lifting weights and dropping them on the floor which jarred the room. At 5:30AM, was awoken to the same type of noise. So do not plan on night's rest if you are in this room. We had requested a quiet room....uh, not so much. The hotel is very convenient to the train station.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
"Business Trip"
Last minute change of plans for a business trip, and this hotel was able to accommodate us. Overall nice, especially the location!
4 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
"Electric issues at 2-3 a.m., but free juice..."
Because the room was very warm, we asked to use the window A/C which was covered and unplugged; it was Dec( but unusually warm). The front desk instructed us to uncover and plug it in. It didn’t work. The engineer changed the fuse, but it didn't work. He offered to get another A/C and swap it; it would take only 10 min. A few minutes later he returned and said it would be quieter to move rooms (at 2:30 a.m.). We moved our stuff to a much smaller, dirty room (weird stains on wall, dirty blinds), but we were exhausted and wanted to sleep. I adjusted the A/C knob to make it cooler and the fuse blew with a flash! The engineer returned, plugged the A/C into a regular outlet (versus the dedicated A/C outlet) and left. Minutes later, the A/C and the lights in the room went out; the breaker tripped. The engineer returned, reset the breaker, and welcomed us to reset it if it occurred again to save time. He was very polite (as were we) and helpful. 5 hours later, it tripped again and we lost power. It was so dark (blinds drawn) that I needed a flashlight to find the switch. I conveyed our concerns (+rm condition). The attendant was apologetic but referred us to Hotel.com. But she did offer: 1. Free wifi. (already already free) 2. Breakfast. We had other plans. 3. Snacks. We got 2 Kind bars and 2 bottles of juice. Hotels.com offered a voucher for a future stay, not a full refund. I'm not sure hotels.com really cared and would offer the same partial voucher for any complaint.
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
Adam
"Manhattan NYC Magnificence"
Excellent stay...wonderful hotel room
1 night trip Dec 17, 2015
PHILIP
"I'll go back."
Nice hotel across fro Madison Square Garden. Dunking Donuts attached and Starbucks across 7th street. Subway and bus M20 stops very close. Bed had a hill and valley. Bathtub was peeling. Good in-house restaurant.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
"Great access"
Only bad was not enough accessible electronic plugs! A must in today's wired world!
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
Great location for our stay in NYC BUT THE BATHROOM WAS TINY AND FILTHY
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Stacy
"great place!"
This was a last minute booking and I was super pleased with the pricing, location, and room quality! I had trouble with heat and fridge but they were fixed before I returned that afternoon.
3 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Jamie
"Great hotel, awesome central location!"
It was a lovely stay in a great area. Central to everything.
3 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Tonya
"really convenient!"
the hotel was wonderfully convenient to Macy's and Time Square. It was clean, but you could tell it needed some love. (there was wallpaper peeling off the walls in some areas.) but overall, I loved the hotel. the only real trouble was the slow and absent staff. we were scheduled to check in at 8pm, but arrived late due to a delayed flight. we had to wait for a room to be released for us. this made no sense to me. we were tired and ready for bed, but had to wait nearly an hour for the room to be ready. we were promised a bottle of wine for our trouble, but did not receive it. everyone was SO nice, so I would try to stay here again.
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
"Big Room. Central location. Rude Service."
When I checked in, the front desk didn't greet me or smile to me. Just a cold face. He gave me one key. I went up to my room, and the key didn't work. I had to go down again with all my luggages. The worst part is that he didn't even recognize the inconvenience he caused. Not even mentioning apology. I don't think I'll stay again.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"NYC Visit"
Stayed 1 nite in a small single bed room on the 4th floor Entrance had large rotating doors big enough to hold 3-4 people per slot however only 1 escalator operating in 1 direction (in the AM escalator coming down and in the afternoon escalator is going up) Otherwise, you have to take the stairs(about 20 steep steps) to the main check in lobby or down to floor level. Room was very small and not much space to manuever in bathroom or around the bed. Couldn't get the heater to turn off in the room, temp. felt like in the 80's so we cracked our window open letting all the outside noise in. Ice machine was on the 3rd floor and dispensed only 2 cups at a time. Using the elevator is tricky...first you have to insert your room key then you can press what floor you want. All the staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Location was conveniently located across from Penn Station (main subway terminal)where Madison Square Garden is and only 2 blocks away from NYC Airport Shuttle which is only $15 per person. Macy's is 3 blocks away and several places to eat...we liked the deli's that have a large selection of food in their self serve buffet($8.49 lb.) or order something from their hot food grill (Prices reasonable/food was good and service great) Noticed a higher concentration of homeless people in this area but overall the good outweighed the bad.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
The hallways smelled off, and there were enough marks on the walls in the room that I noticed them. The shower products are built into the shower stall, you don't get the cute little bottles. The lobby is different (very pretty) than my experience on the 3rd floor.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
"would stay again!"
amazing location, comfortable bed, huge room! the only thing missing was a view, but we weren't in the room that much anyway.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
The hotel was absolutely gorgeous and the staff gave excellent customer service.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
"The Oasis of Midtown"
Great smiles all around, starting with the helpful and informative staff at the check-in desk. Beautiful spacious lobby with wifi. Booked a room with a small kitchen was convenient for bringing leftovers from dinner or for making a quick breakfast and coffee.
3 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2015
Paula
"Large delux room"
Large room (deluxe) but very old, small bathroom and window mounted noisy A/C.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"A good solid hotel"
Hotel was located conveniently to my work site and also to the Chelsea neighborhood which is filled with good restaurants. I asked for a quiet room room since the hotel is located across from madison square garden. I am happy to say that the interior room that gave me was quiet, cheerful and efficient. The restaurant, NILES, that is located next to the hotel was a real asset. The food is good,interesting and reasonably priced for NYC. I would definitely recommend the hotel and hope to stay there again on future trips.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
rick
"It was Ok, not great."
The room was small. There weren't many amenities available (free breakfast, complimentary shuttle). But I guess that is Manhattan, NY. The neighborhood was loud and its really difficult to sleep because of the sirens and car horns. The room had earplugs in it, which I used every night.
5 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Corol
"I recommend this hotel"
It was great enjoyed my stay very well
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
Britney
"Location is great"
I made a reservation in a different hotel and got confirmation but when I walked in, the room was not available and hotels.com had to relocate me to this hotel which turned out to be more expensive than my confirmed reservation. I got screw up. I had not choice but to go to this hotel since it was cold and late in the night.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Jesus
"excellent experience!"
The hotel management was extremely helpful to us! Andrew, one of the employees was very kind and helpful. I took my wife there for our 2 year anniversary and they were there to help every inch of our stay. Called to make sure everything was ok several times. Would definitely recommend and go back!
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
alessandro
"Close to Madison Square Garden and Penn Statiion"
Nice room, comfortable beds, very convenient to Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. Enjoyed the stay.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Deborah
"Great staff, convenient location but noisy"
The location of this hotel was amazing. Arriving late with a small child it was a huge relief to be off the train and into our hotel room within 20 minutes. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the room was spacious. It was a bit dated in areas but it was clean and they had obviously made an effort to update important things like parts of the bathroom and the kitchen. The bed was very comfortable and seemed new. The only problem was the noise. You could hear everything (talking, people walking around, the television, music, etc.) from the rooms around you and the street noise was pretty loud. We asked if there was something that could be done at the front desk but they said they sent someone up to check and they couldn't hear anything. We definitely would stay here again if there was a way of fixing the noise.
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"Great Experience"
It was simply fantastic.
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
"Location..."
Our second stay here. We love the location. Great access to Amtrak and MSG.
2 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
"great hotel"
everything was great, especially the front desk and concierge
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
"Overall very happy!"
Overall we were pleased with the stay except for 2 things. The room was extremely warm, and couldn't turn the heat down. So while we were out and about, we would leave the window open to cool things off. The other issue was that we booked for 3 people in the room but we had to call housekeeping for sheets to go on pull out bed.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Everything was fine with the exception of when we needed something from housekeeping or front desk, it took forever or they never came. Had to call multiple times.
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
This was not my first time here. Will return again because of friendly service. In this day and time wifi could be free. Good location.
3 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
mike and mary
"lavish for the money"
really good location, which also means very noisy, even on the 25th floor. traffic beeping all night. hotel is pretty lavish for the price, with nice everything. bed was squishy, though bedding was nice. decent water pressure. very busy place, with a very responsive and polite front desk. i'd seek to stay there again, which is really the test, isn't it? wi-fi is $14/day in the rooms. ouch.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
Don
"Good Location For Concert"
We stayed here to see a concert at MSG which is across the street...It was so hassle free to take the train and walk from our room to the concert
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Fridge in room does not work. We asked for it to be fixed and they said it keeps things cool... Meaning it's room temperature and could be used to store anything. Location was excellent.
3 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2015
Johanna
"Request your late check out at check in."
Great location next to Madison Square Garden. All in all very enjoyable. Our only hiccup was being told that no late checkout request could be made until 8:30 AM of our check out day. At 8:29 AM of checkout day I was told all late checkouts had been allocated.
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Kenneth
"Perfect location for MSG events"
Affinia was the perfect place for me to stay as I was attending games at the Garden. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The restaurant and bar in the lobby served good far and the drink prices were reasonable.
2 night trip Nov 20, 2015