All hotels in Miami Lakes, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL, 33014, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

I really enjoyed my stay. Front desk was wonderful, restaurant needs so TLC and updating, employees in dining need more training in customer svc., room was awesome and clean and safe, housekeeping very pleasant but needs more training--room was cleaned but items used not replaced. areas of hotel showed age and could be easily fixed. The bonus of the $25 credit to steak house was nice but could not afford to go, would have been better to have that to use at the restaurant at the hotel-just a suggestion. But would definitely stay again as the shortcomings were minor! Loved it overall..
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Miss M
"Football Game Stay"
Hotel was great. Service in restaurant for breakfast was a bit lacking. Tacked on 17% automatic gratuity for party of 2 at a breakfast buffett. Waiter never took our dirty plates until he brought the bill.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
"Good choice for business trip"
They advertise that you get a $25 restaurant voucher, but they don't seem to tell you that it is not the restaurant in the hotel, but a short shuttle ride away. Who wants that after a long work day? And food there was too expensive for the quality offered. I don't mind spending $60 but it should be good quality. Grounds are reasonably well maintained, rooms ok, nothing special. Bathroom does not have a console to put your toiletry stuff next to the sink, that space is occupied by the toilet, a bit too close to the sink for my taste. Shower tub and hardware was a bit aged but worked.
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
KHS
It was great, I have a special needs child and everything was done by the staff to make sure that we were safe and comfortable. Thank you Donna, Vicky, and the guy trainee not forgetting the maid Marie who cleaned our room, and the other guy who was disinfecting and cleaning around the room. Thank you so much, professional and courteousness does not come at such affordable prices. Keep up the good work and I will come again. Blessings always. Kate
4 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Kate
"Great place"
Excellent, great staff, so kind and the cleaning and location perfect
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
alexander
Room clean, bed very comfortable, no extra towels in room, no towels at pool, work crew pressure washing pool deck during our stay. Somewhat difficult to find the hotel if unfamiliar with area.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Awesome location"
This was our third stay at this hotel. We really like the location, and value for money. Golf club, spa, and Shula's Steakhouse are all closed on Monday's so plan accordingly. There were a few things that weren't up to the expectations that we have for the resort, but we will be back.
5 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Marlyn
"Located to Main Street Miami Lakes"
The front desk staff were efficient and pleasant. House keeping was loud in the hallways each day as they moved from room to room. The beds are pillowtop and quite soft. Floors were a pretty wood that appeared quite clean and polished The air conditioning was older and rattled 24/7. Pool is in the center of the facility and small. Shula's 2 is a nice steakhouse on the premises as well as Vie de France, for morning croissant and coffee.
"Quiet and Safe"
Hotel is located in a nice quiet residential area. If you want some time to rest out of Miami vibrant life, this is the place. Several places to eat in a walking distance radius.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Jose
"I will never stay here again!!!"
I purchased several rooms for two days at the end of June for my wedding. I pre-paid for all of my rooms, with the exception of one that I paid for when I checked out. A month later Shula's took the liberty of billing over $700 to my credit card without my knowledge, saying some of the rooms were not paid for. Called and emailed them for an explanatuon and never got one that satisfied me. I can't afford a random $700 being removed from my account. Like I said, I paid for my rooms in advance and at checkout. I've stayed here many times over the years, but I will never go back...and I'll make sure everyone I know does the same.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
T
"Nice area, quaint surroundings, convenient area"
Nice place; toilet was not properly fastened to the floor. Hotel was short on towels. Overall room was nice.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
richard
"Loved the hotel!"
Great hotel, clean, modern and with excellent service, staff is very kind! Loved how it has stores and restaurants within a short walking distance. A little far from the action if you are looking to go to the beach and/or downtown Miami (half hour drive). The only thing I will flag, and not sure if it happens all the time, is that every time they cleaned the room, I had to wait until the towels were ready. Perhaps the hotel needs to have more towels in their inventory to avoid guest waiting for clean ones. The max time I waited was 15 minutes which i didn't mind but if someone is in a rush or in a business trip would have for sure complained. Other than that, is the perfect hotel!! And it has wood floors!
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Natasha
"Nice room, service lacking"
Hotel was nice but the valet was awful. Never there when you need to pick up or drop off car. Also, the staff's attitude seems to penalize you for booking with hotels.com.
5 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
"Not Pleased"
Every morning at 6 AM the staff was extremely loud in the hallway, laughing, joking, talking, 2-way radio set to loudest volume. This lasted throughout the morning and was very distractive. Also had two days of WiFi difficulties/lack of connectivity. In addition Verizon iPhone 5S had no connectivity, no ability to make or receive calls, no bars in the entire area.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Timothy
"Trip to Southbeach"
The hotel is great!! It is a little tricky finding it past the stores, but the inside of the hotel and landscaping was gorgeous. The use of the athletic facility, tennis court and other amenities were awesome. We had a problem finding parking a couple of times, because people were parking in parking areas to utilize the onsite athletic club, don't know the policy about using facility; however that was a major drawback. Other than that the hotel and amenities were great for the price.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Kiya
Love the shopping and restaurant area around hotel! Rooms were nice! Def would stay again!
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2014
Herb
"Nice location in Miami Lakes"
The hotel is a bit old but well taken care. Clean, spacious and confortable room.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
MGSUSA
"Mini Va-Ca"
We went for the 4th of July weekend. I having read the other reviews became a little nervous and called the Hotel to make sure we had a room that was quite and to make sure we will have a room since we were coming in after 10pm. The staff was very nice and met all our demands. We had a blast and will stay at this hotel everytime we come back down to Miami.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Ellen
"The hotel exceeded our expectations"
The discounted price through Hotels.com was a tremendous deal. The area were it is located is beautiful and elegant. Centrally located.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Awesome stay!"
Nice wood floors, clean, and concierge to assist with where to go and what to do:) I'll go back for sure!!
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
"First Stay"
The overall experience of what the hotel is responsible for was good. The issues we had are: choice of room location was OK, but we had no view. We were told to be able to get a room with a view, we would have to pay extra. Second, the room service leaves a lot to be desired. The second day we were there (we checked in late the first day) we were out all day and returned to our room around 5PM. Our room had not been made up. We requested someone come in as we were to leave the hotel for dinner in a short while and no one came. We could wait no longer and started to take our showers. While doing so, room service finally came to the door, but it was not a good time for us. We told them to come back about 5:30 but no one showed up. Finally called the front desk and they sent someone to our room to give us clean towels, but this not until after 6PM. We had to call front desk the next morning to ensure someone came to the room. No problems after that.
3 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Ron Downey
"Nice Miami Lakes Location"
The hotel facilities were very good - pool, gardens, layout were all well done. However, the staff service, especially in the restaurant, was the worst we have ever experienced. One day the room was serviced after 7pm!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Mike and Barb
First room that I was given had the bed made up with dirty sheets and it was obvious that the sheets had not been changed from the previous guest. Bathroom was also not clean. Replacement room was better except toilet ran all night and one of the lights in the bathroom was out. Also got a voucher to be used at the Shula Steakhouse for $25 as part of a package deal. Voucher is only valid if your dinner check is over $100, so no deal there.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Overrated"
Great location,but it ends there. we had a 80th birthday party for my mother at my sister house. which me and my wife choose to stay close. the first day when we walk into the assigned room it was dated to say it mildly. got the new room and the vending machince was not working . Second day the room was not made up until 4:45pm.the third day the cable was not working and the technician needed to be called to correct the problem. throughout the six days that we stay there we needed to go outside to make phone because I was told Verizon does not work well in the Miami Lakes area, which was not true in the court yard and parking lot in every other establishment there was NOT a problem. Not a good reason to go back.
6 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
"We got by"
There was a dirt ring on the floor when the lamp was moved and personal hairs on bathroom floor. Had to pay an extra $20 a night for a very mini frig and microwave. It was pretty noisy being by the stairwell and a hotel that size you would think there would be more than one elevator location. When booking the room I told them we had two adults and two kids (6 & 2). We were put in a room with one king size bed.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Erica
Very nice hotel; room was above average for the price. Shuttle to the 'original' Shula's steakhouse was nice, as our special rate was NOT for the restaurant actually in the hotel.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Wi-fi connection in room was horrible.
3 night trip Jun 3, 2014
MM
"Very Nice Hotel"
I was really pleased with this hotel and location. I was in town for a funeral and it was literally just over a mile form the residence which made it very convenient. I absolutely loved the fact that there were hardwood floors in the room--the only time I was not afraid to walk around barefoot. Great stay and would definitely stay again.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
G. L.
A relaxed experience. Area surrounding the hotel was great for a stroll or shopping excursion.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Lynn
"It is a nice, sport themed hotel."
I stayed on the hotel for business purposes, the overall feeling of the hotel was quite nice. Just had one strange problem, that I got locked out of my room for over two hours, and for the first hour and a half, the staff seemed helpless upon the situation. Nevertheless, they managed to repair my door lock. That day though, I did not get any housekeeping.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
micukm
Loved it! A few difficulties at first , but taken care of right away! Pool walls tiles need to be cleaned,
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Don't expect too much"
Stayed here 4 times for 4 weeks for business. First about Miami, For a hub for cruise ships you would assume customer service would be second nature to the city of Miami... Wrong. Don't come to Miami with expectations of good service. You will be greatly disappointed from the cabs, to the restaurants and this hotel. Service is average at best. The little Main Street is quaint and enough dining in walking distance, but nothing extraordinary. Movie theater close which is a plus. Rooms are kind of modern but you wouldn't know by the exterior, halls or cleanliness of the bathrooms. My dresser drawers wouldn't shut which seemed trivial but an annoyance. Bathroom showers didn't work too well. Loud A/C units but they did work!
5 night business trip May 18, 2014
"NOISE EVERYWHERE"
THE A/C IN THE ROOM SOUNDED LIKE A FLEET OF DIESEL TRUCKS. NOT TO MENTION, I HAD TO CALL THE FRONT OFFICE AFTER 10:30 P.M REGARDING NOISE COMING FROM THE POOL ARE (WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO BE CLOSED) BUT THE NOISE DID NOT CEASE UNTIL AROUND MIDNIGHT. UPON CHECK OUT, GUEST REGISTRATION REP. (CHRISTOPHER) DID HALF HEARTEDLY APOLOGIZE FOR THE A/C NOISE AND NOT THE DISTURBANCE FROM THE POOL AREA. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN.
3 night trip May 19, 2014
SHARON C
"Horrible"
The customer service at this hotel was inadequate. I was given a complete different reservation from what was booked. I felt that I was treated unequally. Not a place to do business.
3 night business trip May 23, 2014
"Loud"
Rooms are alright. Walls are so thin that sound travels very easily. Can hear when the maids are cleaning other rooms. If you are looking for a tranquil place to stay then stay away
3 night business trip May 17, 2014
"Nice hotel and clean rooms and bed."
I spent 6 nights at this hotel with excellent experience. The rooms are clean and free parking is available. The staff are so friendly and to mention names: Mac and Natasha at the reception. They assisted me alot with many different requests. Thanks to both of them.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Rami
"Stay here monthly so quite familiar."
Housekeeping needs to do a better job. Upon checkin my room was not thoroughly clean. Bathtub and bathroom floor had hair on them. Counters and night stands were not wiped off-- residue left from food and other dirt visible. I don't think they even wiped it at all.
Other trip May 23, 2014
""The" Hotel"
This is my hotel when I come down to Florida. It's comfortable, quiet, less than 30 minutes from Miami beach!!! I loved it. You will too
""The" Hotel"
Other trip May 20, 2014
"OK but less than expected for the price."
OK. Basic Services bit works for me. Too far from the Airport compares to La quinta that os similar but with lower rates.
Other trip May 20, 2014
The room was very comfortable, and the hotel was very clean. Service was very good and professional. I would definitely stay there again. The only (minor) nit I had was that there is no room service available., which is a great convenience if you arrive late and don't want to sit in the restaurant for a late meal. Take-out was available from Shulas 2 and the Shulas Steakhouse, in the hotel itself, but room delivery would've been nice.
3 night trip May 13, 2014
"Shula's is an oasis of calm"
I love this hotel. It is my favorite place to stay when in Miami not on vacation. I frequently travel to Miami Lakes to see my mother who is old and ill. I hate going to Miami. Shula's makes the trip bearable. Shula's is quiet. It's unlike every other hotel in Miami. They enforce quiet. This is a godsend in the boom-boom world of Miami. The bar is nice. The bartenders are not pompous but they know how to make a decent drink. Gio at the front desk is cool and remembers me when I come. It's a great place. Rooms are lovely. Beds are comfortable. Tasteful. Modern, without pretention. This hotel is a gem.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Al
"Great restaurant"
Must spend more time there
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"Great staff and excellent conditions!"
We, the family of 5, neded a hotel for 1 night on our way from Key West to Tampa. We were delighted with very helpful personnel, high quality of rooms and the pool. Restaurant in the hotel was very good and with reasonable prices.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Tomasz
"beautiful surrounding area"
Way overpriced for the quality of the room staff wasn't accommodating. there other location was much nicer and better accommodations.
9 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"birthday weekend"
me and my family enjoyed our stay at shula's we stayed right by the pool and were able to celebrate in the water. the hotel was close to shopping and restaurants which was in walking distance to the hotel. next year I will stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
mary
"Don Shula Hotel"
Temperature control was awful and door nob failed and locked one of us in bathroom. Neighborhood was nice, plenty of shops within walking distance.Pool was nice as well.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
B & L
"Beautiful hotel!"
I will certainly stay at this hotel every time I return to Miami but I will make sure not to stay in room 1252. It's right next to the ice maker and the laundry room.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Lori
"Fantastic"
Staff was GREAT and friendly. Cute hotel and location was perfect. My only complaint was the noise (it is a hotel and it is to be expected). Aside from hearing the outside door open and close through most of the evening, everything else was PERFECT
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Awful!"
My husband and I were traveling with out two 8 year old sons. They put 4 of us in a room with one king bed. They were sold out, so they could not move us. We made our reservations months in advance, but still were told they couldn't move us. They would not refund our money, so we literally had no other choice. We got no sleep needless to say. The walls and doors are paper thin, so we could hear everything (not that we were able to sleep anyway)! There was not a couch or sofa to sleep on, so it was one room, with one bed for 4 people.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014