All hotels in Miami Lakes, Florida, United States of America
6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL, 33014, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is all right
"Old, dirty and smelly"
The staff told us not to ever book through expedia because sometimes they sell rooms that are not available.... That I should just call the hotel first to find out if the room expedia is showing is available.... They made us wait about 45 minutes before giving us the key to a very dirty room. It was disgusting. Old, dirty, mold smelling hotel ....Rude staff, clueless staff....Not happy at all. I wish I could get my money back because the whole entire experience was just awful! By the way Shoulas's Steakhouse... You can keep your crappy $25 cretificate to your .... Cause it's just not going happen. .... Ever! And EXPEDIA pay attention ... This is not the first time that we get told horrible things from hotel managers about buying from expedia!!! May never buy from your site again! ... What a shame, because we have been using your site for years and years. Just sick and tired of being treated like scum because of you guys!
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Hotel staff is rude, obnoxious and counter product"
I recently booked to stay in Shula's. I needed to reduce the number of days staying there so upon arrival I went to the front counter to inform them. They came up with all kinds of excuses on why I could not do this. I had to pay the full amount. The female manager raised her voice so loud to me, she interrupted me on several occasions. The male clerk also took her side and tried to put me down. They would not accommodate me at all. When I went to my room I discovered that my bath?shower was not working right and I could not use it. i went back to the manager, she told me that there was nothing wrong because the previous person did not complain, she also told me that she had no other room to give me, nor would she credit money off my charge. I asked for a professional to come and look at my bathroom to get a second opinion. She send an "engineer" He quickly found that there was a problem but could not fix it. I went back to the front desk, this time the manager who was caught in a lie would not talk to me. I was given another set of keys for another room and asked why there was suddenly another room available. I was never given an answer. Shula's lure you in with specials ie get $25 dollar gift certificate to their stake house, they do not tell you that you have to spend $100 before that happens. I can not eat $100 of food so I could not use my gift certificate... Bottom line is.... I have stayed in Hotels on all 5 continents, I will never stay here again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Misled & Redirected"
A reservation was made and confirmed. Upon arrival, was told room wasn't ready. Afterwards, that changed to we dont have a room for you here; but we do have one at another hotel. There was no remorse, apology or anything else for that matter. Will not consider this property/hotel again.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Incredible Hotel"
I had an amazing time at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club in Miami Lakes, FL. I came to Miami to get away from My home in New York for a weekend and it was just great. It rained for the 1st couple days but I didn't mind I was just happy to be away from home and in a beautiful place like Miami Lakes.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Derrick
"Incredibly Helpful Staff"
My immense gratitude goes to the check-in staff, who found us a room 7 whole hours before check-in time when the hotel was full over the weekend of Valentine's Day. We had flown overnight from San Diego with our 4-year-old son. We had a fantastic day's sleep, a really good supper in the hotel grill, then a really good night's sleep as well before travelling onward. On account of these staff, I thoroughly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Disconnect between Hotels.com and Hotel."
Check In process was poor, and the Representative behind the desk was less then helpful. They didn't have the Hotels.com confirmation, and it took too long to confirm the reservation and get to our room.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
STEVEN
"Sleepless in Miami Lakes"
Hotel was very clean, room smelled wonderful. However we had a hard time falling asleep because there was very loud music coming from a party at the hall. So we couldn't sleep till the party was over.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Liset
"Good Hotel"
Good for the money, can walk to movies.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
It was a good experience. Stayed there several times.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Noisy place"
too much noise
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Raymond L
"Shula's: Gotta love it!"
Wonderful choice. Though just travelling through, we would definitely book this hotel for a longer stay. Local theatre delightful and movie house two minutes away. Very friendly staff and great parking. 10 +++
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Rodney V
"Hotel visit"
We arrived after midnight. The person checking us in didn't know give us proper directions about the hotel, elevator or how to get to our room. A couple of female staff at the front desk were no friendly. I had to wait forever for them to acknowledge my presence.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Mars
"NOT ENOUGH"
Arrive at the hotel and my handicap room was not available. The room that I was given TV was a Phillip an not a LG so the channel were all strewed up. The $25.00 food coupon had the condition upon it that you spend $100.00 (this was not mentioned) so its a false advertisement and clearly deceptive.They changed my room and gave me 2 free drink coupons. There is no room service in this hotel. PLEASE NOTE THAT ON YOUR WEBSITE, MOST PEOPLE WILL EXPECT IT.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Veronica Y
"Mediocre Hotel"
The hotel was mediocre. When we first arrived, which was about 3:45 pm, our room was not ready. We had to wait 30 minutes or so for the room to be cleaned. The staff did give us complimentary drink tickets and breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience. When we got to the room, it was not cleaned to my level of expectation. You could tell it was a rush job. Overall our stay was okay. I expected much more out of this hotel - especially being a Don Shula hotel.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Yolanda
Great location, nice rooms, very clean. Will use it again
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Customer service needs attention"
I was greeted by the valet who told me that the parking situation at the hotel is horrible so I can valet or ask the front desk for a parking map and fend for myself. I figured I'd take my chances and check in first. The individuals at the front desk were very unorganized. They had a hard time finding me in the system and determining whether or not I had already paid for my stay. They told me that my room was not ready and that I had to wait 30 minutes. After an hour of waiting there must have been a change in shifts because the individuals that were working with me were nowhere to be found and the staff there didn't seem to know anything about my room situation. Luckily they had already made me a room key so I walked up myself and my room was ready... The room was nice and my stay was fine. Upon check out the front desk agent told me that if I needed a receipt for my records I needed to contact hotels.com. At no point was I greeted or really given any kind of hospitality. When I was on the elevator (2 times) the housekeeping staff jumped in the elevator before letting me get out. Aside from the staff... My stay was satisfactory but the customer service here is just bizarre.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"Good business hotel"
Excellent neighborhood. Shopping, restaurants, and movie theater within blocks of each other. No room service. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Promotion for $25 gift certificate at Shula's Steakhouse was worthless to me. It was only good if you spent over $100, which I wouldn't do by myself, and wasn't good for Shula's 2, which is the restaurant in the hotel. It was only good at the Shula's at the golf course. Doesn't make any sense.
4 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
"I wish I would have brought my earplugs."
Our room wasn't ready for check in until 6:30pm. We heard people partying until 3am in the hallway and out by the pool.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
Samantha
Had a fine stay, would have been better if pool had been available during our 4 night stay, booked through expedia so hotel would not take off anything on room rate when I told them my kids were not able to use the pool.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Ken
"Prices may vary at check out..."
The room was nice and the neighborhood was great but I would NOT recommend this hotel. They charged me $200.00 MORE then I was quoted at check out for my stay. (I stayed four nights and they added $50.00 a night.) The manager I spoke to simply refused to change it back to the price I was originally quoted. While I was trying to get my bill back to its quoted price another person from a different room staying at the hotel also on business had a similar experience.
4 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
"Good customer service"
We have a required special diet in our family. We usually do not stay in hotels that do not have microwave and mini fridge in the rooms but because this was a family event we need to stay at Shulas. They delivered a microwave to our room within 10 minutes of our arrival. They were very helpful. The bathroom was a bit dated but everything was clean. Many restaurants in the area, Miami Lakes appears to be very clean and safe.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Awful stay. Not worth it."
We got there at 9pm. Had reserved a room with King size bed, instead got 2 'full size' beds (who still has those?!?). There was no luggage cart available to carry our stuff. Wallpaper in bathroom was peeling off. Also the bathroom door was damaged. There was no place to order food at that time. The soda/snack machines were empty all 3 days of our stay. Very disappointing, definitely not worth what we paid for the room.
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"hotel did not honor Expdia reservation not helpful"
Front desk advised hotel full. Would not recommend orhelp get reservation at another hotel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Very Dusty."
I stayed at Don Shula for a wee for the christmas holidays and was very disappointed. I have stayed in hotels before and if the room I stayed in is considered top of the line well the owner need to take a trip to see and know what top of the line is.. the lanai room we stayed in was very dusty, toilet in the upper bathroom was clogged, had to use the half bath so drinking water at night was not recommended. No microwave, 3.95 for bottled water, no pool, no room service, lazy house keepers, trash left after the so called cleaning. I'm sorry but I won't be back. I rather rent a car, stay somewhere that can give me clean services than stay somewhere just because it's walking distances from shops and restaurants but every day I come back to the room I'm sneezing and can hardly sleep.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Skylahr-Dream
"Overrated and dirty"
The room was filthy, dust everywhere, paint chipping, broken towel holder. Paid for pool view, pool doesn't work and was empty and roped off. Check in at 3, showed up at 4, still had to wait 45 minutes. Hotel shuttle available, but took over 2 hours to pick us up from the golf course. They asked for us to call 30 mins early, we did and still took forever. Air conditioner wouldn't work on auto so it was either hot or freezing. Save your money and go somewhere else.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
dolphinfan
"Flooded bathroom"
The shower stall was about 2 inches higher than the rest of the floor with a thin metal track that was probably supposed to be for a sliding glass door. However, this shower had a curtain that didn't reach the floor. After my wife's shower there was about 1/2 an inch of water standing in the bathroom and running on to the wood floor in the main room (which I slipped on). When I called the front desk and explained the flooding problem their solution was to send a maid with more towels. She didn't offer to clean up the mess, just handed me the towels even after I showed her the problem. Now with that much water after one shower there is no way management was unaware of the problem. When I brought that to the manager's attention he said they had "only had a few complaints". I'm sorry but to me, when there is a safety hazard known to management it is unacceptable to not fix the problem and continue to subject guests to substandard conditions.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Spectacular"
We were very disappointed to find out that 1. the pool was closed and 2. the $25 voucher for Shula's restaurant was NOT for the hotel restaurant but for another Shula's far away.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Herbert
"Great place, we'll be back!"
Get a room in the signature floor, with its lounge access you get a great lounge breakfast or evening drinks... I like as well the history behind this hotel and the charm of mainstreet Good overall service, my wife appreciated free laundry machine as we stayed a full week
5 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
ERIC
"Dissapointed"
Hotel was clean as expected. I was very disappointed with stay as customer service was poor and for what we paid there was literally nothing to do at the hotel. The Restaurant was closed (voucher for discount was useless) We did get drink vouchers but never used them. The pool was closed and the Fitness Center was closed shortly after we checked-in. Just expected more from 'The Shula Brand'.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Justin
"Too nuch noice at night"
All night they are working around the room, trash pick up, etc., I could not sleep. Also, only one person in reception all the time, big price small hotel service better go to a brand hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
juan
"Great Hotel , especially for sport fans!"
Hotel is in a very nice environment , loved the location and scenery. Extremely disappointed in Shula's 2 restaurant staff. Both breakfast and dinner staff were below average. We waited a very long time for service , and they were not personable at all.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"never stay here"
the whole experience was terrible, management gave us one week notice of impending later arrival checkin due to there allowance of a group who would checkout late?
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Buck
"Business Trip"
Hard to find, not well marked, parking inconvenient, hotel spread out over large area, given very small room that had bad a/c odor, moved me to larger room but had to wait an hour, h/w floors dusty, not very clean rooms, and banged up walls, torn screen to veranda, smelly a/c. Noisy, busy shopping area, but larger room overlooked nice garden and ponds. False premise of $25 credit for Shula restaurant, was not for restaurant on site and was only good with $100 purchase. Shulas2 restaurant onsite was very good, although no room service, had to pick up. Won't stay here again.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Debbie
"AWESOME"
Always a comfortable experience!! My favorite place to stay.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Janice
"Above average Hotel... but not worth the full rate"
Very uncomfortable seats in room. No couch... desk chair is umcomfortable. Room is big and just needs something else.... it is pretty plain. Bedside lamp did not work and for most of the stay there was no local TV channels available.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Jerry
"nice hotel not nice staff"
On business, room was nice but service was horrible. Had a long list of things missing in room and never got everything. So the room that got the microwave and a nice house keeping had the good review for you. The front desk is the worse for such a nice hotel.
3 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Ali
"Drunken fellow guests"
Terrible,forced into a late checkin after the game at 1:30AM and two slow folks doing the checkin. I finally was able to get my room keys and checkin at 2:30 AM after being accosted by a drunken inbred trailer trash jerk from Orlando and his white trash wife,who wanted to fight me. Then we were awakened by the staff fixing a plumbing problem in the room next to mine,hammering and cussing going on through the paper thin walls at 8:30 AM the next morning. I would not recomend this hotel due to the callous attitude of management for not even a sorry,there attitude was tough crap if you don't like it move on and get over it? Very disturbing trend going on in that hotel, as if Shula's hotel is a privilege for the guest to stay there and not a business relying on the age old adage that the customer comes first?
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Buck
"Ended up staying 6 nights"
I'm not sure why this place doesn't get better ratings. We stay here twice a year and usually for about a week each time. It's not a Ritz Carlton but it sure is a lot of hotel for the money! The staff has always been kind and accommodating. We love the fact that there are multiple restaurants you can walk to and even some shopping. The food at Shula's is great as well. We will keep coming back for sure!
"Very nice!"
Very nice! Right on Main Street. Took advantage of the golf course. Big plus for me! Very enjoyable. Nice restaurant and sports bar. Great.
Bobby
"A fantastic place"
A fantastic place full of greenery and water and a small, exquisite mall on its doorsteps. The room smelled of cleanliness and there is a good restaurant on site. The only drawback is its 30 to 45 minutes distance to Miami.
Hava
"Sorry, Mr. Shula"
The room was very nice and cozy. However, the service was less than acceptable. We were told to have a 9pm check-in and at 2am we were still lined up in the lobby trying to get access to our rooms. I do not think Mr. Shula would be happy with the amount of business he lost that night.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Awful customer service"
The rooms were great but the customer service was awful!
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Christina
"Lovely room, Lovely view!"
My weekend stay at the Shula Hotel was a relaxing and enjoyable first experience! The room was nicely appointed, the bed very comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds are nicely landscaped and the spa is conveniently located with great services. I ate at the onsite restaurant for dinner one evening and the food was fantastic! The location on Main Street is quaint and provided me, traveling alone, with some great restaurant options (I recommend the Italian place!) a bit of shopping and just a cozy way to be around people. The French coffee and pastry place was amazing...the setting is all really quite unique!! My only issue with the hotel is that there is no ATM onsite, which I found not only unusual but inconvenient. I was told a shop across the street had one, but it was broken. My wish is that there was some kind of room service available, even if it meant limited hours. In all, I would definitely pick Shula's again.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Eileen
"Exactly as advertised."
Went for a Dolphin game. The hotel is centrally located if you want to explore south Florida. Everglades, stadium, South Beach. You are smack in the middle. Room was quiet,clean,best part were the beds, very comfortable. I would recommend. It was very inexpensive as well.
3 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
"Nice close to sunlife stadium"
Bout 20 minutes to stadium for all going to games at sunlife stadium went to sourhbeach previous day with no problems at all.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Location-Location-Location"
The convenient location and casual ambiance of the lobby and private but large courtyard made staying at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club very comfortable indeed. Being born and raised in Miami, I know Miami Lakes very well. Having moved to northeast Florida four years ago, I still have need to return to Miami for business. I find the location and surroundings most comfortable and relaxing after making my rounds to see my customers.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Awful Customer Service"
The room was comfortable and I loved the fact that it was along Main Street that has several shops and eateries........but that is where the positive ends. We arrived at 2:30 and was told our room was not ready. Ok, I umderstand that it states a check-in at 3 pm but I have never had this issue in my life, with any hotel. I have checked in around noon or 1 at most places. Anyway, we said fine and took a walk. 35 minutes later, still not ready. We waited in the lobby with several other guests, all tired and with suit cases, for another 45 minutes. What made it worse is the staff didnt seem to care, or offer any resolution. Horrible customer service and ruined the beginning of our trip. We stayed far away from the hotel during our stay as it left such a bad taste in our mouths.....honestly we contemplated cancelling and finding another hotel. Not worth the 150/night rate whatsoever!!!
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Tim Swann
"Comfort"
Thr stsy was outstanding!
3 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
"Great Service; Too many Complications with rooms"
I booked a room with Hotels.com. Got to the hotel everything went smoothly at first. Then it went downhill from there. I got to my room instead of having a room with double beds it was one with a king bed. So I got switched to a room with double beds. That room was occupied. I had to go to the main desk twice while my family waited in the hall. Then a maintenance man saw I was having problems with the keys. He went to the main desk & told my family & I to wait there until he got things straightened out. I got tired of waiting & went to the desk after about 15 mins. The manager escorted my family & me to the governor's suite. Which was a beautiful room, but had some problems. The up stairs had a musty smell because the Ac was not on. The bed had dust at least a half an inch thick on it. There were some problems with the flooring as well. Not considering the fire detector was beeping when we got into the room & one of the sliding doors didn't lock. So I had to call the maintenance man to come fix them. So my family & I had alot of problems to say the least. The one thing I can say is that the service was wonderful and tried to make our stay as pleasant as possible!! That would make me come back to this hotel. They were very friendly.
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Tara Music
Floor was dirty and pillows were poor quality. All else was good. Suggestion - put a light switch inside the bathroom where shower/toilet is. Currently have to turn light on at vanity area for bathroom light to come on. Very inconvenient for other guests during the middle of the night.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014