All hotels in Big Bear Lake, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here40472 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA, 92315, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Mountain Retreat"
I loved the "woodsy" cabin feel of the place. Although I stayed in a room in the motel building, it still had that feel of a studio cabin, with a fireplace and small kitchen area. The beds were comfortable and the staff very helpful. I would recommend Big Bear Frontier and would stay here again.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
laura
"So much promise..."
This room has seen better days, worn carpets, chipped jacuzzi tub and very few towel and toiletries.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Ann
"Great place to crash after a long day!"
We just needed a room to crash in after a day of 4-wheeling! Room was clean, easy to find and get to. The beds were comfortable.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"quick getaway with husband and dog."
The hotel is pet friendly but unfortunately the rooms they put us in were very worn. Beautiful location though. I would recommend the cottages if you don't bring your four legged family member. They looked pretty cute.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Comfortable and clean for a low price"
Very cozy older facility but very clean and comfortable.
3 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Awesome times"
Loved it. We enjoy Being at Big Bear Lake.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Patrick
"Weekend Getaway"
Always enjoy our time here. Friendly staff ans great atmosphere!
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Darrell
"Wonderful stay"
We really enjoyed our stay. It was clean, comfortable, and very relaxing. We plan to return for Memorial Day weekend
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Quick Get-Away"
The hotel staff offered excellent customer service and were friendly. The hotel is nice and conveniently located next to the lake with individual area for each cabin with grill. The particular cabin we stayed in was really clean and well kept with the exception of the jetted tub not being in full working order and we ran out of hot water rather quickly (all fixable with maintenance). Since we were only there for the night we did not get it addressed but did mention it to the staff upon check out. The bed was very comfortable by the way...a big plus for older properties.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Joel
"Birthday Surprise"
Nice hotel for the money at Big Bear Lake. Staff was great. Room was a bit smaller than anticipated and a a little outdated but a great value.
2 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
"Didn't get the room that was in the picture"
The first room I got was too small I had to upgrade 2 times to get a decent size room
4 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Lorraine
"Great for Family Getaway"
We were pleasantly surprised when we seen our accommodations. We thought we were getting a regular hotel room and ended up in a one bedroom cabin with a full kitchen, fireplace and jetted tub. Great when travelling with the kids. The view from the front deck of the cabin was the lake. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There was a basketball court for active kids. The only concern I had was the traffic driving fast through the neighborhood. We will definitely be back!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Lawrence
"Gotta do it again!"
Loved it!
2 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"Nice little stay"
Made a quick 1 night trip to play in the snow with our 2 kids. Didn't want to spend so much but not much else was available. Turned out to be a very nice stay! The front part of the property are little cabins and the back portion, facing the lake is a 2 story hotel. Off of the back of hotel is a nice deck with picnic tables, great for enjoying morning coffee. There is also a large open area leading up to a small dock and lake which is great to run your dog (or children!). The beds were fine and the room was rustic but clean with no ick factor. Cons: We were on the second floor and the floors creaked terribly. I'm betting it could be heard downstairs but not proven. Coffee in the room was nice but no cream/sugar. Over the toilet there was a exhaust fan with exposed wire. Too high up for the kids to reach, but a little maintenance would be good. Overall really nice stay, I would book this hotel again (and request the second floor).
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Cozy Hotel close to lake"
This was our first trip to Big Bear as well as our first time skiing. The hotel staff is very friendly as well as helpful. I would definitely stay there again
Annie
"Great location & ammeditites!"
We've stayed here several times and it is the only place I would stay in Big Bear. I love the location... it is close to all... the lake, the village, the alpine slide etc... The hotel has great ammeditites too... pool, jacuzzi, pool table, basketball court etc... Great place for families!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Debbie
Good view, nice location, comfortable beds, good TV channel selections, and good amenities.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Quaint"
Quaint hotel. Clean room, comfy beds and good location
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Cute and cozy! We absolutely loved the place. Great location too.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Small , old rooms, not very clean, you can hear noise from the other rooms. Don't stay here , waste of money
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Hotel on the lake, great location"
Staff was very friendly, free check out of VHS and DVD for the machines on your room. Compressed wood burning fireplace in the room I stayed. Right next to a shopping plaza with restaurants and stores.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
sarah
"Noisy and not peaceful at all"
Stayed in room 111. Got the suite with the fireplace and jacuzzi tube which made the stay decent. The room was right next to stair case and could hear people constantly come up and down. The room is out dated and I could hear every footstep from the neighbors upstairs which was very unpleasant. Also, every time they turned on the water or flush the toilet, the pipes in the walls would rattle and make loud noises. This had to be the most uncomfortable stay I ever had at a hotel. Will not stay here again and don't recommend to anybody!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Eddie
"Great Rustic Cabin"
Everything was perfect, except the cleanliness. All of the traditional parts of the room were super clean (toilets, shower, bathtub, bed, etc.); however, the cabinets, walls, and doors looked like they had not been cleaned in a while.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Big Bear Frontier"
Hotel staff was very friendly and the cabins were very cozy and cute! Loved it! Location was excellent.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Cozy lake side cabin... and pet friendly"
It is very hard to find a pet friendly accommodation for a decent price. We normally not have many choices, so we end up staying either very dinky or expensive place with our dog. However, this cabin is not expensive and I found it to be cozy and have everything you need. It's a small cabin, but it has a fireplace, gas stove, sink, dinning table with bench, and cabinet full of tableware and kitchenware. It's also nice to be by the lake. Our dog enjoyed a short walk by the lake.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Little cabin"
Temperature in the room was hard to control. Love the location.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"Close to the lake"
Room to small for 3 persons, but was comfy. Staffs were friendly.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
tony
"Hotel did not honored Itenary -"
Assistant Manager ( Amy) was not compassionate nor accomadating in my request to honored the Itenary. Appareanly expedia made a mistake in giving me a hotel room instead of the cabin I ended up paying the $57 more
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Dishoned itenar
"Great place for family fun!"
Loved that it close to everything I needed to get to in Big Bear Village
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Kalima
Great place...walking distance to The Village and cozy room/ cabin. We will be back!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
amanda
"Cute and cozy"
I was supposed to get two queen beds but they were full size. The maid didn't fully clean room. She didn't leave new towels or take the old ones. The room was very cute and cozy. It had a beautiful view of the lake.
2 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
"Frontier Stay"
It was a good stay
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Herman
"Cozy and Convenient"
I took my son for a one day skiing trip and needed a simple but convenient place to stay. The cabin-like rooms were small - just enough room to pack every typical convenience needed, and not much else - perfect for our one day trip. Nothing modern, but all clean and working. It was nice to have my jeep parked right out of the front door and protected. The staff was very friendly. In and out and no issues - just the way it should be. Better than the typical hotel environment. I'd go back again.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Excellent location and amenities"
Very nice hotel/cottages right on the main street just as you enter Big Bear near the village but still felt quiet and offset enough to be peaceful. The property has direct access to the lake and is walking distance to the Village. Really nice room and very clean. Lobby and staff are great. I would definitely go back.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Todd
"Cozy cabin"
Great place to stay close to snow summit and alpine slide lots of restaurants around and gas stations as well , lake view everything!!
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Comfortable, clean, cozy looking, next to the water. Will be back.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Indigo
"quick family getaway"
The hotel was great, the only problem was the nearby rooms. Its a pet friendly hotel and people's dogs were barking in the middle of the night.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
omar
"Amazing romantic get away!"
So romantic! Loved the fireplace and jacuzzi tub! Super cozy room. Definitely recommend.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
Chelsie
"GOOD VALUE; COMFORTABLE CLEAN ROOM"
I was hesitant to try this place like another reviewer because of the mixed reviews on it but once I got to the hotel my worries disappeared. Office staff were nice friendly. Stayed in Room 244 2 queen beds and fireplace. Clean room. Even had Microwave and mini fridge. Need to bring own firewood to start but didn't use it since heater worked so well! Free parking was bonus and Jacuzzi/pool were both heated. walking distance to the Village and Lake. Just stayed 1 night but felt like I had been there a week; I felt so relaxed. It was quiet serene and peaceful. I was there Sun/Mon. Great Value. Bed was comfy.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Roxy
"Great Location...Average Rooms"
I'm told that for Big Bear, this hotel is one of the better ones...that said, I would call this lodge average. Definitely nothing fancy. My family and I stayed in one of the cabins. The rooms were small for a family of 4, with a dog. The fireplace was just for show, it didn't let off any heat. The bathroom was very small, with a very large shower. However, the shower had no light fixture, therefore you almost felt as if you were taking a shower in the dark. My kids were going to sleep on the murphy bed, however, I don't think the sheets had been changed since the last guest because there were stray hairs all over the sheets. Good thing we brought sleeping bags and extra blankets. I do have to say that the kitchen was full size, which was great; the staff was very attentive and the view of the lake was wonderful. We just walked across the street to the lake.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Warm feeling and cozy place"
So close to village we walked there and right off lake
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
sally
"Lake aide"
Beautiful , cozy and right by the water. Great service, and a fireplace :)
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
lina
"Great Value, Pet-Friendly Cabins"
I stayed here for Thanksgiving and I was a little apprehensive because the hotel seemed to have mixed reviews. All of my apprehensions were quickly relieved after checking into the hotel. The morning before Thanksgiving, I had car troubles and had to take my car into the dealership to be serviced before heading to Big Bear. I called Big Bear Frontier to let them know that I wouldn't be able to check-in until late in the evening and Ryan, the staff member who answered my call, was the friendliest person. The woman who checked us in once we finally arrived was also very friendly, which was a pleasant way to start our trip. As for the cabin, everything was extremely clean and comfortable. The appliances and utensils in the kitchen were a little bit older (for example, the face of the microwave was cracked, there was a loose wire in the oven, the pots and pans were scratched), but everything was clean and usable so it wasn't that big of a problem. Other than the kitchen being due for a bit of an upgrade soon, I couldn't have asked for a nicer cabin for our Thanksgiving stay and I have no doubts that we will be back for a Big Bear vacation again soon! (P.S. They're also pet-friendly, which is a huge plus if you are a dog owner!)
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Meg
"nice and cozy"
Had a very nice stay in the hotel. Room was clean, comfy beds, extra pillows and towels. Overall the place was cute, cozy, and clean. Loved that they had complimentary coffee and tea all day in the lobby, which by the way was delicious coffee. They actually had a microwave in the room which they failed to mention in the description of the room. About a four minute walk to the village and super close to alpine slide magic mountain. Beautifully nestled among the pines. It would have been nice if the staff would have put some effort into making us feel welcome by smiling.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Jeanette
"Good location and close to the lake."
The "chalet " was very small for 5 people. The one room was a lean-to with just room for a bed and very cold at night. The two bedrooms were also very small with only room for the queen bed and difficult to walk around the bed, no closet.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
D. R.
"Pick a different hotel."
the hotel never got the reservation info and blamed It on hotels.com. I had 3 adults, one child and a dog and the hotel took a "oh well" attitude. Hotels.com however was very accommodating and offered a new hotel and vouchers for the inconvenience.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Adam
"great stay"
Amazing location, great cabins and very relaxed wIt's pets. The whole experience was outstanding
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
ruy
"Broken heater and NOISY neighbors."
This is my 3rd time staying at The Frontier, and my first disappointing experience. We stayed in Cabin 32, and the heater worked for a whole 5 minutes. Thank GOD there were space heaters in there (I'm guessing they were there because they were already aware of the heater issues). When we notified the front desk, they said they'd "take care of it". Granted we were only there 1 night, nothing was done and nobody ever showed up to check it out. We were also placed in a cabin right next to an EXTREMELY loud group. I was less than happy about yelling at young adults to SHUT UP in the wee hours of the morning so my sick daughter could actually sleep. While the group was no fault of The Frontier, more appropriate placement would have been nice seeing as how they knew I was checking in with 2 young children. Not sure if I'll be going back again. :/
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
A
It was cute and very clean. The employees were very nice
We had a very good experience during our stay at the pet friendly Big Bear Frontier. The chalet was very clean and the staff was also very polite. Would definitely stay there again with our pet.