All hotels in Big Bear Lake, California, United States of America
40472 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA, 92315, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent location and amenities"
Very nice hotel/cottages right on the main street just as you enter Big Bear near the village but still felt quiet and offset enough to be peaceful. The property has direct access to the lake and is walking distance to the Village. Really nice room and very clean. Lobby and staff are great. I would definitely go back.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Todd
"Cozy cabin"
Great place to stay close to snow summit and alpine slide lots of restaurants around and gas stations as well , lake view everything!!
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Comfortable, clean, cozy looking, next to the water. Will be back.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Indigo
"quick family getaway"
The hotel was great, the only problem was the nearby rooms. Its a pet friendly hotel and people's dogs were barking in the middle of the night.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
omar
"Amazing romantic get away!"
So romantic! Loved the fireplace and jacuzzi tub! Super cozy room. Definitely recommend.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
Chelsie
"GOOD VALUE; COMFORTABLE CLEAN ROOM"
I was hesitant to try this place like another reviewer because of the mixed reviews on it but once I got to the hotel my worries disappeared. Office staff were nice friendly. Stayed in Room 244 2 queen beds and fireplace. Clean room. Even had Microwave and mini fridge. Need to bring own firewood to start but didn't use it since heater worked so well! Free parking was bonus and Jacuzzi/pool were both heated. walking distance to the Village and Lake. Just stayed 1 night but felt like I had been there a week; I felt so relaxed. It was quiet serene and peaceful. I was there Sun/Mon. Great Value. Bed was comfy.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Roxy
"Great Location...Average Rooms"
I'm told that for Big Bear, this hotel is one of the better ones...that said, I would call this lodge average. Definitely nothing fancy. My family and I stayed in one of the cabins. The rooms were small for a family of 4, with a dog. The fireplace was just for show, it didn't let off any heat. The bathroom was very small, with a very large shower. However, the shower had no light fixture, therefore you almost felt as if you were taking a shower in the dark. My kids were going to sleep on the murphy bed, however, I don't think the sheets had been changed since the last guest because there were stray hairs all over the sheets. Good thing we brought sleeping bags and extra blankets. I do have to say that the kitchen was full size, which was great; the staff was very attentive and the view of the lake was wonderful. We just walked across the street to the lake.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Warm feeling and cozy place"
So close to village we walked there and right off lake
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
sally
"Lake aide"
Beautiful , cozy and right by the water. Great service, and a fireplace :)
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
lina
"Great Value, Pet-Friendly Cabins"
I stayed here for Thanksgiving and I was a little apprehensive because the hotel seemed to have mixed reviews. All of my apprehensions were quickly relieved after checking into the hotel. The morning before Thanksgiving, I had car troubles and had to take my car into the dealership to be serviced before heading to Big Bear. I called Big Bear Frontier to let them know that I wouldn't be able to check-in until late in the evening and Ryan, the staff member who answered my call, was the friendliest person. The woman who checked us in once we finally arrived was also very friendly, which was a pleasant way to start our trip. As for the cabin, everything was extremely clean and comfortable. The appliances and utensils in the kitchen were a little bit older (for example, the face of the microwave was cracked, there was a loose wire in the oven, the pots and pans were scratched), but everything was clean and usable so it wasn't that big of a problem. Other than the kitchen being due for a bit of an upgrade soon, I couldn't have asked for a nicer cabin for our Thanksgiving stay and I have no doubts that we will be back for a Big Bear vacation again soon! (P.S. They're also pet-friendly, which is a huge plus if you are a dog owner!)
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Meg
"nice and cozy"
Had a very nice stay in the hotel. Room was clean, comfy beds, extra pillows and towels. Overall the place was cute, cozy, and clean. Loved that they had complimentary coffee and tea all day in the lobby, which by the way was delicious coffee. They actually had a microwave in the room which they failed to mention in the description of the room. About a four minute walk to the village and super close to alpine slide magic mountain. Beautifully nestled among the pines. It would have been nice if the staff would have put some effort into making us feel welcome by smiling.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Jeanette
"Good location and close to the lake."
The "chalet " was very small for 5 people. The one room was a lean-to with just room for a bed and very cold at night. The two bedrooms were also very small with only room for the queen bed and difficult to walk around the bed, no closet.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
D. R.
"Pick a different hotel."
the hotel never got the reservation info and blamed It on hotels.com. I had 3 adults, one child and a dog and the hotel took a "oh well" attitude. Hotels.com however was very accommodating and offered a new hotel and vouchers for the inconvenience.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Adam
"great stay"
Amazing location, great cabins and very relaxed wIt's pets. The whole experience was outstanding
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
ruy
"Broken heater and NOISY neighbors."
This is my 3rd time staying at The Frontier, and my first disappointing experience. We stayed in Cabin 32, and the heater worked for a whole 5 minutes. Thank GOD there were space heaters in there (I'm guessing they were there because they were already aware of the heater issues). When we notified the front desk, they said they'd "take care of it". Granted we were only there 1 night, nothing was done and nobody ever showed up to check it out. We were also placed in a cabin right next to an EXTREMELY loud group. I was less than happy about yelling at young adults to SHUT UP in the wee hours of the morning so my sick daughter could actually sleep. While the group was no fault of The Frontier, more appropriate placement would have been nice seeing as how they knew I was checking in with 2 young children. Not sure if I'll be going back again. :/
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
A
It was cute and very clean. The employees were very nice
We had a very good experience during our stay at the pet friendly Big Bear Frontier. The chalet was very clean and the staff was also very polite. Would definitely stay there again with our pet.
"Small, clean, comfortable cabin"
Wife and I stayed in cabin 25. It was clean, comfortable, and in a good location. It is a small cabin, but for two people, it was great. The price was reasonable, and we enjoyed our stay. We arrived at night, and after checkin, had some trouble making our way to the cabin in the dark, so be sure to understand the map before you head to the cabin. The TV in #25 had a bit of trouble with the connection, but we raised the issue with the staff and got prompt assistance.
PHRSLC
"Amazing"
Great getaway great price. Close to a nice wine tasting place. Close to good foods and bars.
rsuarez
"Nice weekend at the Big bear Frontier"
We had a nice stay and the room was great. The hotel is in a good location right on the lake. The only concern I had was when I heard a dog in a neighboring room bark, but it only happened once - if we had noisy neighbors it might have been a drag because the walls seemed pretty thin. Id definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Will not stay here again."
This room was so old and dingy. The bed was not comfortable and the walls are thin so you can hear your neighbors. The fireplace is wood burning and there is no wood. Would not stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2014
Roberta
"Spring for an upgrade"
I reserved a one-bedroom chalet on hotels.com and asked for a cabin (cabin 6) I had stayed in the last time I made the same reservation and stayed at Big Bear Frontier not realizing that I had received a free upgrade to a delux chalet. Needless to say, I was initially disappointed with how small the cabin I was initially given (think it was 206) and after talking with the front desk, I gladly paid for an upgrade to Cabin 5. The first cabin was very clean but very cramped to the point it was difficult to figure out where to put luggage. Cabins 5 and 6 are very large (could comfortably sleep 4-5 people), roomier kitchens (functional unlike smaller cabins), have little porches, and have large spa jetted bathtubs in addition to the small showerstalls of the other cabins which is a plus when it is cold!
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RESV. SECURE WITH HOTELS.C"
AS I SAID BEFORE THIS PLACE IS GREAT, JUST MAKE SURE HOTEL'S.COM GETS YOUR RESV. IN SO WHEN YOU GET THERE YOU HAVE A ROOM
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
ed
"Nice Little Cabin"
This is a nice little cabin. It's in the middle of the city of Big Bear, so you're not out in the wilderness. The cabin I stayed in didn't have a lake view from inside, but I could see the lake from the porch. The cabin I stayed in had a kitchen and had all the pots and dishes needed to make and eat a meal. The tub took forever to fill, and the cabin was on the older side. Even thought it was clean, it still felt dirty. But you're out in the woods so it's what's to be expected.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Jonathan
"Relaxing Getaway"
It was so wonderful staying in a Chalet! The Big Bear Frontier is walking distance to the main street in Big Bear! The only disappointment was having an electronic fireplace rather than a wood fireplace like the other chalets. Otherwise it was great!
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Noisy downstairs rooms - beware!"
Friendly, neat and great location BUT the quality of the lower level rooms completely unacceptable in terms of noise. The hollowness of the floor between the two levels is a sleep depriving nightmare - both during waking and sleeping. Clunk, clunk, clunk and creaking floor boards, every time the guests upstairs walked. I wore ear plugs and was still wakened every time they moved. Its a shame because everything else was pretty nice, from the super friendly front desk staff to the great location and clean and neat interior. Oh well, just avoid the downstairs rooms at all cost!
1 night trip Nov 1, 2014
"Nice place for couples or families"
Though we were only there for one night, I feel I can honestly say that for the money, it was a very worthwhile place. Very close to the Village, clean, lots of activities (basketball net, ping pong, picnic sites), and a very friendly staff (they greeted me by name after check-in). Parking was conveniently close to the cabin.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"will be back"
the phone in the room didnt work. The tun was old and kinda dirty. and we had to pay for wood for the fire place. but the location is good. And the place is cozy
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Lia
"great getaway"
Fun trip. We will return!
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
We stayed at this hotel for a two night weekend getaway, It has a good location and was very clean but the room was small and cramped, the shower had a shower head that was only ~5 1/2 feet high - great if you want to shower on your knees and had very low water pressure. Staff was courteous and polite. Overall it was an average hotel, you can do better.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Ron & Elizabeth
We did not get the room I thought we booked so small you couldn't move I could not even sit on the toilet as I am 6 feet tall and my legs hit the wall and shower door. I would never book a room with a kitchen as I am on vacation and I know that was not mentioned in the add. The hotel said that is the room we booked so that is what we get....we left $200.00 down the drain...would be a perfect room for little people !
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Cathie
"Just OK..."
It was ok...thin walls, hard bed and pillows made for a very long unrestful nite...
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"not comfort"
The main problem is with the condition. We stayed at the inn face to the lake. The wall is too thin. We can hear people next door talking and using microwave and the TV noise from downstairs. It is eleven! When people spoke outside. We can hear very clear. And the AC does not work. We found out in the morning.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Awesome !"
It was so beautiful. Weather was great until sundown, and then a little cold. How ever we had a fireplace and burned our duraflame log. So romantic. Can't wait to go back!I love the Frontier lodge. Always a good experience!
2 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
Pauline
"excellent"
Great location very cozy cabin for the right price would recommend 100%
3 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Otto
"A nice setting --Staff were cordial, room was nice"
Everything was good with the exception of a broken toaster and dirty tub
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Darlene
Loved this place. Super convienent to village, lake etc! Clean, very roomy & very comfy!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Amazing hotel close to the lake and village"
Had a wonderful experience staying at Big Bear Frontier. We stayed in the Queen suite w/ a fireplace and jet tub. Room was clean and spacious, close to the lake, the village, and the bed was amazingly comfortable. No complaints.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Chantal
"Beautiful area on the lake"
Was a very quiet & clean hotel right on the beach & within walking distance to the Village shops & restaurants. Dog friendly also. Room was clean & very comfortable.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Debbie
cabins could use new flooring...wooden floors under icky carpet needs to be replaced.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
De
"Excellent!"
We had a wonderful time and always enjoy staying at Big Bear Frontier!
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Sean
"Frontier Lodge Big Bear Ca"
Other than our in room safe malfunctioning which had to be dismantled so we could retrieve our items everything was very good. The I-room lighting should be improved.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Gailen
"Big Bear Frontier"
The location is great, just a short walk to The Village. Nice deck and pool table for guests enjoyment
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great weekend escape"
My husband and I love this hotel! It's so cozy and easy- perfect for a little getaway. We love it's proximity to the lake, and the fact that there are grills and picnic tables outside, and even a little area on the patio to sit and have breakfast! To top it off, we get to bring our doberman for only a $15 charge! Love it!!
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Candice
Nice cozy hotel, with nice room. Only thing missing was an inside table, but we took in the outside table from the balcony.(It was below 40 at night.)
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Roger
"Hotel next to deck overlooking the lake."
We stayed in the hotel part of Big Bear Frontier in September 2014. We were surprised to find the inside of the room looked like we were in a cabin. Loved it!! Beautiful deck overlooking the lake. Every inch of the grounds, the hotel and cabins were very clean. With a pool and spa, plus ping pong table and pool table we were busy all the time, even when we weren't out on the lake. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. We are going to suggest having our family reunion at Big Bear Frontier next year. The cabins are perfect for families large and small. We are already talking about a return trip in the winter. Thanks for a great time!
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Kay
Absolutely loved the studio cabin. This is a great getaway hotel. Close to the Village which was really convenient.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Jenn
"best romantic get away"
when we got there the room was spotless and it smelled great. my fiance and i were staying in the cabin and it was perfect for just us 2. we shared a patio in the middle of the two cabins and the neighbors were nice! the only thing that was wrong with the room was the last few blinds on the glass door were broken but we called the front desk and they fixed them right away. the room had everything we needed from cups and plates and pans down to the soap and sponges. the hotels and cabins are in a great location right by the village so you can literally walk to everything!
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
allen
"Excellent for the cost!"
We stayed in a double queen bed room and it was amazing! It was right by the water and there is a deck overlooking the lake just for Frontier guests. The room was very clean and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
"Big Bear Lake"
They have a hotel and cabins. We stayed in the hotel which is right on the lake. The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed the beauty of the mountains
Other trip Sep 20, 2014