All hotels in Newport, Rhode Island, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here405 Thames St, Newport, RI, 02840, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good location, Aging Facility"
The hotel is in the heart of Newport's tourist district which made it easy to walk to restaurants, shops, and tourist sites such as the mansions. The staff was very nice, and overall the rooms were clean and comfortable. Off our balconies (we had both a front and rear balcony) you could see the boats docked at the marinas, including a couple that were probably larger than the building we were staying in. The issue is that the hotel is showing its age, not a cleanliness issue but an age issue. For example, the silver backing on the mirror in our bathroom was receding, the formica countertops were lifting at the seams, the unit door did not shut tightly so that when the other unit on the floor would open/close their door our door would rattle, and the jacuzzi bathtub showed signs of staining.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Ted
"Great 4th of July"
Few if any other hotels in Newport have both an indoor and outdoor pool, which is why this one was great. Rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view. Great location, central to everything, but pretty limited parking. We asked for extra blankets and the housekeeping just dropped them off at the front door rather than knocking and giving them to us. We just thought they had forgotten and not delivered until we found them the next morning. We werent able to check into the hotel until 2 hours after check in time bc the room wasnt ready yet. Overall, a good place to stay, esp for larger groups.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"Girls weekend"
Hotel was fabulous. 2 bedroom condo with a working fireplace, huge fireplace, 2 decks. We loved it.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
CQ
"Perfect location"
The only reason for a "4" rating for comfort of room is that the living room sofa and chairs are not comfortable. Everything else was quite nice.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
First time ever up in Newport and the hotel was perfect for my wife and I. Plenty of room in the suite for us for the weekend. Water pressure and temperature were excellent. Located just shy of the busiest part of Newport which made it very easy for restaurants and shopping. Only con was the promised free Wi-Fi in the room. The Wi-Fi just didn't work. But overall, we'd definitely go back.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
Robby K
"Disappointing experience"
Requested and later confirmed by phone that two bedroom suite overlooked harbor, as location was very important. Was given rooms overlooking parking lot and street and could not even see harbor behind other buildings. Midweek, resort seemed almost empty but we were told they could not change assigned suite. Invoice provided by resort on departure indicated I paid Expedia almost 40% more for two night stay than resort would have charged. I do not understand this. A very disappointing experience both with Expedia and the resort.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Nora
"Comfortable and centrally located"
I was a little nervous since I had seen some less favorable reviews on other sites. I was pleased that it was a perfect 2 bedroom setup for a girls getaway for three. The unit had all the conveniences and was near everything within easy walking distance.
2 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
great room in great location! Within walking distance to shops & restaurants. Two balconies - each overlooking the bay. Will go back for sure!
3 night romance trip Sep 19, 2013
"Great location for the Newport Boat Show!"
Hotel Hits: the location can't be beat if you want easy access to Newport harbor (docks, wharves, shops). The hotel was clean and stocked with all the necessities (including laundry detergent). The staff accommodated all our requests with a smile. The view of the harbor from our room was lovely. Hotel Misses: the ground floor entrance area to our building was damp and smelly due to the high level of humidity. This is probably a normal condition for Newport so I suggest they come up with some way to dry the carpeting (or remove it) so it doesn't smell so badly. This is the only thing I could find fault with during our stay. This place was a hidden gem in Newport and we will definitely be back!
5 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"Beware.....read the fine print"
Beware....this is not a hotel it is a timeshare property. Therefore do not expect daily maid service! Which is fine, if it is mentioned up front at the time of booking or even at check-in. Also, check out is 10am NOT 11am, like most hotels or B&Bs in the area. This is something that should also be mentioned when you check in by the front desk staff, but was not. Those are my only two gripes with this property. Otherwise, the rooms are GIGANTIC (I booked a 2bd room). There was a kitchen, dinning area, living room with fireplace and 2 decks! Location is great, right on Thames near restaurants, bars, and coffee shops.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Great facility!"
I am normally not comfortable staying in hotels, but this was an exception! Very clean and comfortable rooms. Fully equipped kitchen. Great views from every window. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip May 20, 2013
"great view. great location. great stay."
We stayed here for a bachelorette party and the room was perfect for a group of 10. There was plenty of room and all of the amenities that we needed. It was great to have 3 full baths with this being a group of girls. The view was beautiful and the location was perfect. We were able to walk to dinner and out for cocktails.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
slt
"Very roomy and comfortable"
There were 4 in our party and everyone was pleased with the suite and the amenities. Very close to everything you want to see and do in Newport.
2 night family trip Oct 19, 2012
"Tear It Down and Start Over"
Dirty carpet, noisy elevator, broken screens and dingy lighting characterize this well located dump. The staff was friendly but so what...it's a dump!
Other trip Jul 17, 2012
JDK
"Great Girls Getaway....!:)"
This was a wonderful Hotel and I would definitely stay again...It was big, roomy, comfortable beds, close to everything (walking), awesome view off the balcony and had a full kitchen!!!! What more could you ask for!!!! If I had to complain at all about anything it would have to be the pillows on the bed...they are small...so maybe two per person or bigger pillows would fix the problem!!!! Had a great time..... This was a weekend with my daughters and sisters...it was wonderful...:)!
Other trip Jun 12, 2012
3 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Wyndham Newport Onshore

"Love this place."
04/23/15 Rebecca S
I stayed here many summers throughout my childhood and I have to say, I'm chuckling as I read through some of these reviews. I remember loud elevators and shabby porches and fraying carpeting (though I see there have been recent renovations). But all that being said, I really love this place. You can't beat the view or location. The middle of Thames street is definitely the place to be in Newport. Plus it looks out onto the ocean, plus you can walk to 1st beach if you don't want to drive. The indoor and outdoor pools are great and I love that there are only a few rooms per building. I haven't stayed here since before 2010, so take this as you will, but I definitely recommend Onshore!
"GREAT location!!"
04/03/15 WWCitizen Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Stay here almost every year with friends from college for a long weekend of fun and frolic. Eating and drinking and enjoying the town. We always go shopping around the hotel area and sometimes rent Vespas to run around the area, which is great fun, too! Great restaurants, pubs, and bars.
"Beautiful place to vacation!"
03/15/15 Cheshirebrat St. Petersburg, Florida
We had a two bedroom, two bath condo rental. It was just lovely being on the water, even if it was frozen! The rental had a full kitchen, spa tub in the master, a dining room and two balcony's. The best was the awesome fireplace in the living room. It warmed us up and I bet even on Summer nights it's nice to use.
"Great Location, Rooms are Wonderful"
03/06/15 NLKim Jericho
My husband and I stayed there during Valentine's day weekend and we could not have made a better choice. The room was spacious, clean, well maintained and the bed was comfortable. We were right on the water, walking distance from several restaurants and shops. We were basically 'snowed in' that Sunday, but we did not mind since we had a fireplace and jetted tub in the room. Stop and Shop is about a 5 minute drive away, but there is a very well stocked convenience store within walking distance (a few blocks down Thames) if you do not want to drive. We will definitely return.
"Rooms were freezing!"
03/03/15 Karen S
The layout of the room was ideal. Plenty of room for 3 girlfriends to hang out. We were moved once because the room they put us in was "already assigned." Second room same layout, but a little chilly. We had a fire while watching a movie and still felt cold even with the heat on 75, as high as it would go. Woke up Saturday morning and the unit was 60 degrees. All sliders, doors and windows had a terrible draft. I called to complain and the answer of course was to move us to a third room. While it was warmer overall, the floors were freezing. I guess that's why they left a space heater in the MBR. No heat source in either bathroom, brrr was an understatement. Less relaxing then we anticipated between moving & shivering!
"Nice location, poorly maintained"
02/28/15 Foodwise Washington DC, District of Columbia
Pros: views from the unit 442 were decent, could see the marina on both sides, the pool, the bridge and a sunset view (if you stand on the balcony). The unit was updated with flat screen tv, new couch, living room chairs and pillows. The kitchen area was large with sufficient cooking supplies. Overall the beds seemed clean and pillows were clean. The hotel itself is within walking distance of a number of great restaurants, cafes and shopping. There was no in-room sauna as advertised when I booked. The unit is spacious and well-laid out as all the pictures show. For the most par the unit is set back fro the main road Thames street and is fairly quiet. You can hear your neighbors a bit (talking in the hall way or below you). the elevator shaft is right near the living room door so you can hear that from time to time too. Cons: One of the twin beds had a white stain on the linen, there was sand in the hallway and all the areas of the suite that had ceramic tile you could feel the grit under your house shoes. the unit is not maintained very well and serious signs of wear and tear are noted. The kitchen cabinet facing was badly peeling on several cabinets, a chair was missing part of the staining on the wood and nearly all the wooden furniture in the twin bedroom was dated, dinged, scratched or chipped. The linen on the master bed while clean felt like sandpaper on the skin. the bathroom while it had a whirlpool tub, had water stains, dark stains (mold??) and rust around the tub deck. The bottom of the tub was stained permanently. I am soaker an was really disappointed that the tub looked so unsanitary. Upon check-in we were also told the they were doing maintenance on the windows (replacing some of them) so we might hear some noise. Despite the fact that you could hear noisy neighbors (sometimes) and doors closing etc. and the elevator noise, after about 11 pm things were really quiet until about 8 am the next day. Internet is free but a bit slow. No restaurants on site. Indoor pool is in a separate building. Coffee is in a separate building. Housekeeping is only on Mondays, so the hallway will stay dirty the pretty much the entire time we are here. Would return to the area, but not to this hotel unit. While it's a great location, the lack of upkeep, cleaning, and maintenance are real turn offs.
"Nice Weekend Getaway with the Family"
02/18/15 Jocelyn W Edison, New Jersey
Perfect weekend Getaway with the family....everything is close by. And the kitchen is well stocked. Don't need to leave the room - the front desk delivers everything and they are quick and always call to make sure you receive your items and are happy. Leslie was always there when we called and she was more than accomodating and pleasant to speak to. This is the 2nd time in 2 mos we have visited. Can not ask for any more. We will most certainly be back again. Love Newport.
"Far beyond expectations!!!"
02/09/15 EmerraldEyes Cape Cod, MA
First- the very few negatives- The WiFi we were told to use would not let us sign in and the free option that popped up worked only sporadically at best. Basically, you do not have Internet access in the unit, you need to go out to the street to be able to access it. Staff, upon notification of this problem, tried to "reset" something but it still did not work. If this is always the case as I feel it might be due to other reviews, it may not be fixable but should be disclosed to guests before booking. The other issue, also relatively minor, was that no materials were in the unit to be able to use the fireplace with. Called front desk and they said they thought they were out of wood. They did come up with one Duraflame log but we had to go out and buy more wood ourselves and even a lighter to light it with. These items should be in the unit ready to be used. Other than those issues, I have to say this was perhaps the BEST place I have ever stayed as far as value- INCREDIBLE space for the price!!- and views. The 2 decks both looked out over the water ( Rm 427) and the decks were huge. Everything was clean and neat and quiet and absolutely ideal. I hope they find a way to solve the problems I listed but honestly, we will be back no matter what. The location in town is wonderful, and even if there are a few "lived-in" looking spots in the rooms as another reviewer mentioned, (cracked tile, chipping paint), they are tiny and make no difference in your stay. It was simply fabulous and I can't wait to come back.
"Was overcharged"
02/02/15 Mura02456 Boston
I generally liked the 2-bedroom unit we've rented over NY Eve for 2 nights. The layout is great and provides an adequate privacy. Well stocked kitchen, lots of space. Was surprised to see the charges different from the booking charges, which made it not such a good deal (had other choices at that price). The booking vendor is still trying to get the billing invoice from Wyndham. Deceptive practices, will not book Wyndham again.
"Cozy winter Hideaway"
01/28/15 frugalarnie Boston
The Wyndham Newport Onshore is one of timeshares that belong to Wyndham. They are two bedroom units with one bedroom with a king bed and the second bedroom 2 twins. There is a dining area, small galley type fully equipped kitchen, and living room with a fireplace. There is also a porch which seats six. The unit was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The pillows were OK, but a little small. The master bathroom and king bedroom were colder than the other bedroom and bathroom. TV and free wireless internet worked well. The view of the harbor was excellent. There are many excellent restaurants within walking distance. Definitely will stay here again.