All hotels in Newport, Rhode Island, United States of America

• Value for money
    Rather comfortable
    Great room
    Bad amenities
Wyndham Onshore was nice, but a bit dated. Very comfortable, close to restaurants and shopping. Our 2nd time staying there, and it was very nice. It's recommended.
3 night romance trip Mar 28, 2016
"Lots of room"
We were surprised at how much room we had. We were very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Located close to everything we wanted.
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
"Newport RI"
Great location unit was spacious all amenities one could want great location to walk all of Newport. Two balconies one on the water over looking Marina second over looking pooll area. Very quiet at night, highly recommend it for a destination to stay if you want to park and walk not far from mansions plenty of restaurants near by
3 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
"great location"
It was a good price for a good location. Unit was a little dated and dark but very spacious. We had an issue with the bath tub when we arrived but it was taken care of immeadiately. An interior entrance to pool would be alot nicer instead of having to walk with kids through parking lot
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
bobbie
"pleasently surprisef"
Great value. Excellent location and amenities. A little hard to find but staff directed by phone.
Other trip May 22, 2015
B
"Not Perfect but Decent Lower Price Alternative"
Over all, the accommodations here are about what you would expect from a beach hotel. Not in the best condition but spacious with a water view & within walking distance from most attractions even for a pair of senior citizens. We did have a problem with access keys - had to go through 3 replacements before getting keys that actually worked - but we were compensated with a gift certificate for our trouble. This certificate could be used at most restaurants & some stores. Request an upper floor with a view of the water. It will make other small inconveniences worth it. One annoyance was that the unit ended up costing over $70 per night more than the rate quoted by Expedia once taxes etc. were added.
Other trip May 6, 2015
BevC
Very nice hotel near the marina and right in town.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Don
"Nicer than reviews"
unit was quiet, clean, well appointed and had a very comfortable king size bed and linens. Excellent location. pool was older and only reachable by going outside but who really cares. Newport is about going out and experiencing the harbor, ocean, history, shopping and dining.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Perfect location to enjoy Newport!"
There was a maintenance problem with the room we reserved, but the staff was amazing at setting us up with rooms that more then made up for the issue. The staff was accommodating and friendly. While staying there we meet many other guests who had stayed on numerous occasions and loved the hotel.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
First room had a leak in the ceiling. Moved to a second room where the heat did not work properly.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"Good location, Aging Facility"
The hotel is in the heart of Newport's tourist district which made it easy to walk to restaurants, shops, and tourist sites such as the mansions. The staff was very nice, and overall the rooms were clean and comfortable. Off our balconies (we had both a front and rear balcony) you could see the boats docked at the marinas, including a couple that were probably larger than the building we were staying in. The issue is that the hotel is showing its age, not a cleanliness issue but an age issue. For example, the silver backing on the mirror in our bathroom was receding, the formica countertops were lifting at the seams, the unit door did not shut tightly so that when the other unit on the floor would open/close their door our door would rattle, and the jacuzzi bathtub showed signs of staining.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Ted
"Great 4th of July"
Few if any other hotels in Newport have both an indoor and outdoor pool, which is why this one was great. Rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view. Great location, central to everything, but pretty limited parking. We asked for extra blankets and the housekeeping just dropped them off at the front door rather than knocking and giving them to us. We just thought they had forgotten and not delivered until we found them the next morning. We werent able to check into the hotel until 2 hours after check in time bc the room wasnt ready yet. Overall, a good place to stay, esp for larger groups.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"Girls weekend"
Hotel was fabulous. 2 bedroom condo with a working fireplace, huge fireplace, 2 decks. We loved it.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
CQ
"Perfect location"
The only reason for a "4" rating for comfort of room is that the living room sofa and chairs are not comfortable. Everything else was quite nice.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
First time ever up in Newport and the hotel was perfect for my wife and I. Plenty of room in the suite for us for the weekend. Water pressure and temperature were excellent. Located just shy of the busiest part of Newport which made it very easy for restaurants and shopping. Only con was the promised free Wi-Fi in the room. The Wi-Fi just didn't work. But overall, we'd definitely go back.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
Robby K
"Disappointing experience"
Requested and later confirmed by phone that two bedroom suite overlooked harbor, as location was very important. Was given rooms overlooking parking lot and street and could not even see harbor behind other buildings. Midweek, resort seemed almost empty but we were told they could not change assigned suite. Invoice provided by resort on departure indicated I paid Expedia almost 40% more for two night stay than resort would have charged. I do not understand this. A very disappointing experience both with Expedia and the resort.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Nora
"Comfortable and centrally located"
I was a little nervous since I had seen some less favorable reviews on other sites. I was pleased that it was a perfect 2 bedroom setup for a girls getaway for three. The unit had all the conveniences and was near everything within easy walking distance.
2 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
great room in great location! Within walking distance to shops & restaurants. Two balconies - each overlooking the bay. Will go back for sure!
3 night romance trip Sep 19, 2013
"Great location for the Newport Boat Show!"
Hotel Hits: the location can't be beat if you want easy access to Newport harbor (docks, wharves, shops). The hotel was clean and stocked with all the necessities (including laundry detergent). The staff accommodated all our requests with a smile. The view of the harbor from our room was lovely. Hotel Misses: the ground floor entrance area to our building was damp and smelly due to the high level of humidity. This is probably a normal condition for Newport so I suggest they come up with some way to dry the carpeting (or remove it) so it doesn't smell so badly. This is the only thing I could find fault with during our stay. This place was a hidden gem in Newport and we will definitely be back!
5 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"Beware.....read the fine print"
Beware....this is not a hotel it is a timeshare property. Therefore do not expect daily maid service! Which is fine, if it is mentioned up front at the time of booking or even at check-in. Also, check out is 10am NOT 11am, like most hotels or B&Bs in the area. This is something that should also be mentioned when you check in by the front desk staff, but was not. Those are my only two gripes with this property. Otherwise, the rooms are GIGANTIC (I booked a 2bd room). There was a kitchen, dinning area, living room with fireplace and 2 decks! Location is great, right on Thames near restaurants, bars, and coffee shops.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Great facility!"
I am normally not comfortable staying in hotels, but this was an exception! Very clean and comfortable rooms. Fully equipped kitchen. Great views from every window. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip May 20, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

2 night family trip Mar 4, 2016
2 night business trip Dec 6, 2013
Lynn
Other trip Nov 12, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Wyndham Newport Onshore

"Like a Home away from Home"
04/30/16 Lorie S Ellsworth, Maine
This has all the comforts of home! It was very spacious and had a living room, dining room,fully equipped kitchen and three televisions...one with a dvd player. One bedroom had a Jacuzzi tub and the other had a shower built for two. It even had a washer and dryer! I liked the two balconies although it was chilly in April when we were here, so we didn't sit out there much. We stayed at the Newport harbor Hotel and Marina last year, and preferred their more central location, but this one also has restaurants and shops to walk to in the neighborhood. It is on a one way street, which was not ideal, but we learned how to get around. I would say my only complaint was that a couch was placed directly in front of the fireplace, so we couldn't have used it if we wanted to...too bad it is not a gas fireplace, so it would be easy for people to use...if they upgraded to gas this would have been my dream hotel! Our building (Eastward) has it's own little lobby and elevator and we never saw another person on it for the five days were were here...and the parking was very convenient and free..as opposed to the above mentioned hotel. I thought the decor was pleasing with nice colors and nautical themed pictures.. if not brand new, it was comfortable and homey.
"can't beat the location"
04/24/16 Kelly264 Ellington, Connecticut
We've been using this resort for 20 years. The location can't be beat. Smack dab in the middle of it all, many of the room have both front and back decks so you can watch the sun rise and set, and people watch too. The units themselves are a bit tired. Clean, and mostly updated, but our unit, which had a fireplace (years ago you could use them), now they just push the sofa in front of it. Take the money and time to redo the rooms if you want to wow. The TV's in the guest room must be 15 years old, and super small. Didn't even bother trying to use it. Bed's are comfy. Shower in the guest room has a truly lame double shower head. We would stay here again, just because it is clean, convenient, and we can't complain too much. But if you have stayed with other Wyndham's, you might be disappointed.
"Excellent location"
04/19/16 gaby_pa New York City, New York
As owners, our 2 bedroom unit is located at West Wind with a great view of the marina. But, in late April, where the weather is chilly and windy, the marina is empty. Breakfast at the balcony would be nice in a warmer day. The property is RCI Silver Crown. The unit has 2 bathrooms, full kitchen with oven and dishwasher and laundry machine/dryer. in my opinion, the unit is smaller compared to other 2 bedroom unit in Orlando. A large supermarket is at Bellevue Avenue (about three block away on foot) or you can stock groceries from a smaller store on Thames Street. Plenty expensive restaurants with entrée between $25 and $30 within walking distance. A small Thai restaurant (entrée between $10 and $15) is nearby. The nearest mansion is Kingscote is within walking distance. But it is closed in April. The Breakers is too far to walk. Overall we enjoy out stay in this resort.
"Don't Leave Anything Behind"
04/06/16 Jacqueline D Branford, Connecticut
We stayed at this facility Labor Day weekend of 2015. The facility was very clean, staff pleasant and situated in a great location! However, the reason for the one star is due to the customer service I received after leaving the facility (or lack thereof). Twenty minutes after leaving the Wyndam, I noticed the pillow I had brought from home was not in the car. For the record, this was no ordinary pillow. It was an orthopedic pillow with a hefty price tag. Apparently my significant other took it off the cart thinking it belonged to the facility. Pictures later revealed it was on the bed next to the luggage cart. I immediately called and told the front desk person the situation. He was very nice and said he would send someone to retrieve the pillow. Thirty minutes after he and I spoke, I received a call from him saying the pillow I described could not be located. Like I said, this was no ordinary pillow. The shape is very different from a conventional pillow, the difference was very noticeable. I pleaded with him to check with housekeeping and even look at the pillows in the room/armoire. Call two came in; they checked everywhere and the pillow could not be located. He suggested checking with the manager in a few days. I called for weeks and still no pillow. The Wyndam Staff did suggest accessing a link called “Forgot my stuff”. After several weeks, I gave up after being fed up because the Wyndam staff FAILED to provide the necessary access code to log in. Long and short of it, if you do stay here, make sure nothing gets left behind…not even the kids. Chances are you will never get it or them back!
"Nice But Rather Dated"
03/20/16 Catharine B Worcester, Massachusetts
I stayed here and found my apartment to be very clean with appliances and the TV that worked well. My only complaint was that the furniture was rather old and worn. The place needs some updating. Also, my elevator smelled like a gym locker. Aside from those two issues I had a nice stay and found the staff to be very helpful.
"Long awaited getaway with our 9 &11 year old grandchildren was a big disappointment for the kids!"
03/04/16 Janet F Scarborough, Maine
We picked this resort because of the indoor pool which was a must for our grandkids. The kids arrived on 3/1/2016 and immediately wanted to see the pool. The pool area was dirty with wet towels on the floor. The kids did not care. They immediately headed down the steps into the water. We were shocked to see their footprints on the pool steps. The steps were covered with green slim. The kids lasted in the pool about 5 minutes. Our 9 year old grandson asked why the water felt so slimmy? We forced the kids out of the pool and had them immediately take hot showers. We reported thee condition to the staff , they promised to have the pool cleaned immediately. We checked the pool several times and it was never cleaned. When we checked out on 3/3/2016 the pool still had no been cleaned. We expressed our disappointment when checking out and were told that the pool cleaners had been called twice but had not come yet. The desk clerk apologized but that did little to ease our grandkids disappointment!
"Wyndham Newport Onshore......a great place to stay!"
01/20/16 EnjoyyourlifeX0X Long Island, NY
We stayed in a SPACIOUS 3 bedroom unit that sleeps 8. It had 3 bathrooms, 3 balconies and a beautiful view of the harbor, living room, dining room, kitchen, TV room off the living room, which also has a sleeper sofa and the unit has a washer/ dryer. I read another review and I have to say we had similar, older tv's in our condo......but I wasn't in Newport to watch TV! Please don't spend your time in Newport watching TV. We took two wonderful tours with Tammy from Newport Tour and Guide. The hotel's location is great and encourages you to walk, walk, walk. Leave your car in the reserved parking spaces Wyndham assigns you. That brings me to the only thing I came across, that I would change. That's the gym. It's one of the smallest gym's I've been in and that could be frustrating, especially in the height of the tourist season. You might have to find other ways to fit in a workout!
"Great Location! Outdated amenities."
12/27/15 Vova H
This location is perfect. Deck overlooking the harbor! Walking distance to great stores and restaurants and coffee shops. The amenities offered are outdated. They still have tube tvs in the room. Some have older flat screens. I was also disappointed there wasn't a dvd player. This location also does not have a hot tube which is pretty lame.
"Great location!"
11/29/15 Susan H Kingston, New York
We went to Newport to celebrate a milestone birthday with friends. The condo was great and having a full kitchen was wonderful! It is right on the main street in town and we were able to walk to restaurants. We will definately return!
"In-town location can't be beat"
11/03/15 Caryl K
We always enjoy our stay at Newport Onshore; it's ideal location means you never have to worry about parking--so much is within walking distance! The accommodations are adequate, the great indoor swimming pool an added bonus for fall and winter stays. Even as the units are undergoing updates or refurbishing, it will never claim to be a luxury resort. But definitely a comfortable, spacious, and relaxed environment from which to enjoy all of Newport.